Cavs vs. Pacers : What's the series line? - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 71 to 105 of 138

Thread: Cavs vs. Pacers : What's the series line?

  1. #71

    Default Re: Cavs vs. Pacers : What's the series line?

    Quote Originally Posted by JavyBaez9 View Post
    https://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/05/leb...oad-miami-heat

    Looks like Lebron James just used to struggle with game 1's on the road, as in, he never wins them. Not sure if he has since then, the Nba sucks anyway.
    Makes sense being that if you have a game 1 on the road you are more than likely a dog.

  2. #72
    EOG Dedicated
    Join Date
    Dec 17, 2014
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    9,924

    Default Re: Cavs vs. Pacers : What's the series line?

    Quote Originally Posted by JavyBaez9 View Post
    https://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/05/leb...oad-miami-heat

    Looks like Lebron James just used to struggle with game 1's on the road, as in, he never wins them. Not sure if he has since then, the Nba sucks anyway.
    Those games were the first road game anytime during the playoffs, not the first round. Like I posted above, LeBron has won 21 straight first round games, the last time he lost a game in the opening round was 2012 when his team won 4-1, his last 5 first round series have ended in sweeps
    All great genius encounters violent opposition from mediocre minds

  3. #73

    Default Re: Cavs vs. Pacers : What's the series line?

    Quote Originally Posted by kane View Post
    Yeah, typically LeBron's first round matchups are a mismatch, but these two teams are evenly matched except for one guy. I think Indy gives them a battle, Oladipo really came into his own this year, and Nate McMillan did a great job with a team no one thought would even make the playoffs, if Indy won two games it wouldn't surprise me

    Yea I like Indys lineup at pretty much every spot over the cavs, except the one that matters and they really don't have a guy to play him, unless Lance Stephenson is up to his old tricks and gets in his head. Certainly possible with the new info that he's mentally ill and those guys normally don't respond well to pests.


    Who's Turner gonna guard though? Cavs starting Love at center? gonna be tough.

  4. #74

    Default Re: Cavs vs. Pacers : What's the series line?

    Quote Originally Posted by kane View Post
    Those games were the first road game anytime during the playoffs, not the first round. Like I posted above, LeBron has won 21 straight first round games, the last time he lost a game in the opening round was 2012 when his team won 4-1, his last 5 first round series have ended in sweeps
    This has more to do with the sad state of the Eastern Conference than anything else. I remember Lebron struggling to knock off a Bulls team without Rose, Deng, or Noah. Little Nate Robinson gave him everything he could handle.

  5. #75
    EOG Dedicated
    Join Date
    Dec 17, 2014
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    9,924

    Default Re: Cavs vs. Pacers : What's the series line?

    Quote Originally Posted by JavyBaez9 View Post
    This has more to do with the sad state of the Eastern Conference than anything else. I remember Lebron struggling to knock off a Bulls team without Rose, Deng, or Noah. Little Nate Robinson gave him everything he could handle.
    Or it has more to do with one of the best to ever play the game taking care of business in the first round
    All great genius encounters violent opposition from mediocre minds

  6. #76

    Default Re: Cavs vs. Pacers : What's the series line?

    Quote Originally Posted by kane View Post
    Or it has more to do with one of the best to ever play the game taking care of business in the first round
    Michael Jordan is retired

  7. #77

    Default Re: Cavs vs. Pacers : What's the series line?

    He said "one of the best" (lebrick) taking care of business in the first rd. which is true.

    He didn't say "the best" (Jordan) taking care of business in the first rd. Because that wouldn't be true.

  8. #78
    EOG Dedicated
    Join Date
    Dec 17, 2014
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    9,924

    Default Re: Cavs vs. Pacers : What's the series line?

    Quote Originally Posted by JavyBaez9 View Post
    Michael Jordan is retired
    I said one of the best, which can't be denied by even the most avid LeBron hater. BTW, Jordan lost in the first round before, something LeBron has yet to do
    All great genius encounters violent opposition from mediocre minds

  9. #79

    Default Re: Cavs vs. Pacers : What's the series line?

    Quote Originally Posted by kane View Post
    I said one of the best, which can't be denied by even the most avid LeBron hater. BTW, Jordan lost in the first round before, something LeBron has yet to do
    Jordan never lost a series when favored.

  10. #80

    Default Re: Cavs vs. Pacers : What's the series line?

    Quote Originally Posted by raiders72001 View Post
    Jordan never lost a series when favored.

    are you sure? lost to orlando when he came back off the layoff.....was chicago favored ?

  11. #81

    Default Re: Cavs vs. Pacers : What's the series line?

    Quote Originally Posted by MrTop View Post
    are you sure? lost to orlando when he came back off the layoff.....
    forgot about that one. Not sure.

  12. #82

    Default Re: Cavs vs. Pacers : What's the series line?

    Quote Originally Posted by raiders72001 View Post
    forgot about that one. Not sure.

    horace grant was playing for orlando ..... chicago did not have rodman till the next year

  13. #83

    Default Re: Cavs vs. Pacers : What's the series line?

    Quote Originally Posted by raiders72001 View Post
    forgot about that one. Not sure.


    Well look it up and give us a link to the series price. Thanks.

  14. #84

    Default Re: Cavs vs. Pacers : What's the series line?

    Quote Originally Posted by ttaylor89 View Post
    Well look it up and give us a link to the series price. Thanks.

    orlando was good back then..... but they could of been a dog to bulls with jordan..... jordan came back late in the year that year


    1995 orlando beat chicago 4-2 series.... chicago could still of been favored.....

  15. #85

    Default Re: Cavs vs. Pacers : What's the series line?

    Quote Originally Posted by MrTop View Post
    orlando was good back then..... but they could of been a dog to bulls with jordan..... jordan came back late in the year that year


    1995 orlando beat chicago 4-2 series.... chicago could still of been favored.....

    Pacers beat the Cavs 3-1 this season. Cavs are -700.

    Raiders must have all the series prices from 20 years ago, otherwise I don't know why he'd make a statement like that. "Jordan never lost as a favorite" seems like he's got the data, so post it.

  16. #86

    Default Re: Cavs vs. Pacers : What's the series line?

    Quote Originally Posted by ttaylor89 View Post
    Pacers beat the Cavs 3-1 this season. Cavs are -700.

    Raiders must have all the series prices from 20 years ago, otherwise I don't know why he'd make a statement like that. "Jordan never lost as a favorite" seems like he's got the data, so post it.


    hard to get that data from years ago.....

  17. #87

    Default Re: Cavs vs. Pacers : What's the series line?

    Killer Kyrie out it's easy cakewalk for the Cavs to win the East.

    In fact with the injuries it sets up for a rare win potentially for LaBrick in the Finals.

    With the West getting beat up in a competitive fight to even make Finals, and of course with the Commissioner always prepared for a well timed suspension....

    I think Cleveland should be the favorite to win it all, even overcoming the lack of defense and the incredible turnover records Brick is smashing along the way.

    I'm making a few smallish plays on the Cavs to win it all.

  18. #88

    Default Re: Cavs vs. Pacers : What's the series line?

    Quote Originally Posted by MrTop View Post
    hard to get that data from years ago.....

    But raiders said "Jordan never lost a series as a favorite"
    Why would he say that without the data?
    He couldn't just be talking out of his ass, could he?

  19. #89

    Default Re: Cavs vs. Pacers : What's the series line?

    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick McIrish View Post
    Killer Kyrie out it's easy cakewalk for the Cavs to win the East.

    In fact with the injuries it sets up for a rare win potentially for LaBrick in the Finals.

    With the West getting beat up in a competitive fight to even make Finals, and of course with the Commissioner always prepared for a well timed suspension....

    I think Cleveland should be the favorite to win it all, even overcoming the lack of defense and the incredible turnover records Brick is smashing along the way.

    I'm making a few smallish plays on the Cavs to win it all.

    So if Cavs win it all...You can come in saying you bet them, pattin yourself on the back. If they lose, who cares that you lost money, you can come in here and call labrick a loser.

    Set yourself up quite nicely!!!!

  20. #90

    Default Re: Cavs vs. Pacers : What's the series line?

    Quote Originally Posted by ttaylor89 View Post
    So if Cavs win it all...You can come in saying you bet them, pattin yourself on the back. If they lose, who cares that you lost money, you can come in here and call labrick a loser.

    Set yourself up quite nicely!!!!

    Exactly!!

  21. #91
    EOG Dedicated
    Join Date
    Dec 17, 2014
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    9,924

    Default Re: Cavs vs. Pacers : What's the series line?

    Almost no chance the Cavs win the title, LeBron's greatness isn't carrying that roster past Houston or GS unless one of them suffer a major injury. This is the first time LeBron doesn't have a side kick, there's no Wade or Irving to help him, Love being his second best teammate isn't good enough
    All great genius encounters violent opposition from mediocre minds

  22. #92

    Default Re: Cavs vs. Pacers : What's the series line?

    Quote Originally Posted by raiders72001 View Post
    Jordan never lost a series when favored.
    Did he ever win one as a dog? Only one that comes to mind as possible is 1st series vs Cavs when he hit the jumper across the lane.

  23. #93

    Default Re: Cavs vs. Pacers : What's the series line?

    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick McIrish View Post
    Exactly!!

    lol

  24. #94

    Default Re: Cavs vs. Pacers : What's the series line?

    Quote Originally Posted by kane View Post
    ..... Love being his second best teammate isn't good enough

    Before he got to Cleveland Love was ranked the 7th best player in the NBA??

    Not saying I agree necessarily but that's a strong 2nd with the alleged GOAT?

    And then throw in Kyrie like he used to have? WOW!

    Every year Brick can't have a young Wade, Bosh, Ray Allen, a couple of championship Gators on his team to come up big (sit down Mike Miller) and so on.

    I just read how Brick does this and that, single-handedly, why couldn't he beat a worn out team from the West?

    Especially with the Commissioner's help?

    I think Cavs are set up perfectly to win it all this year......

    If Brick is half the player I keep reading about it's a mortal LOCK Cavs win it all.

  25. #95

    Default Re: Cavs vs. Pacers : What's the series line?

    Quote Originally Posted by raycabino View Post
    Did he ever win one as a dog? Only one that comes to mind as possible is 1st series vs Cavs when he hit the jumper across the lane.

    weird that you'd say it like that. Why not be like raiders and say "yea Jordan NEVER won a series as a dog and Lebron has won 7" then if you're wrong, run away like a mentally ill person.

  26. #96

    Default Re: Cavs vs. Pacers : What's the series line?

    Quote Originally Posted by kane View Post
    LeBron is 48 -7 in the first round of the playoffs, and has won 21 consecutive first round games which is a league record. So the answer to your question would be no. LeBron hasn't lost a game in the first round since 2012
    This is what I'm referring to Kane.

    You make it sound like no one existed on those teams except Brick when in reality he's played with some of the best players in the world.

    In fact that was the very plan when he got skunked 4-0 in the Finals.....

    He hauled ass out of Cleveland to see if others could help him get a ring.......

    Pretty ironic when one of his fans forgets to mention the all-star cast he had in Miami and elsewhere as he left town to find better teammates!!

    When you state everything good is because of Brick yet nothing bad has anything to do with him then you lose your objectivity.

    Contrary to popular belief Raiders isn't the only one who sees what he wants to see.

  27. #97
    EOG Dedicated
    Join Date
    Dec 17, 2014
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    9,924

    Default Re: Cavs vs. Pacers : What's the series line?

    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick McIrish View Post
    Before he got to Cleveland Love was ranked the 7th best player in the NBA??

    Not saying I agree necessarily but that's a strong 2nd with the alleged GOAT?

    And then throw in Kyrie like he used to have? WOW!

    Every year Brick can't have a young Wade, Bosh, Ray Allen, a couple of championship Gators on his team to come up big (sit down Mike Miller) and so on.

    I just read how Brick does this and that, single-handedly, why couldn't he beat a worn out team from the West?

    Especially with the Commissioner's help?

    I think Cavs are set up perfectly to win it all this year......

    If Brick is half the player I keep reading about it's a mortal LOCK Cavs win it all.
    Seven years ago a magazine ranked Love the 7th best player, that was a long time ago and it was nothing more than a magazine's opinion. If the Cavs reach the finals we'll see what the series price is, a healthy Rockets or Warriors team will be prohibitive favorites. If you think the Cavs are set up perfectly to win it all, you're seeing something I'm not
    All great genius encounters violent opposition from mediocre minds

  28. #98
    EOG Dedicated
    Join Date
    Dec 17, 2014
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    9,924

    Default Re: Cavs vs. Pacers : What's the series line?

    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick McIrish View Post
    This is what I'm referring to Kane.

    You make it sound like no one existed on those teams except Brick when in reality he's played with some of the best players in the world.

    In fact that was the very plan when he got skunked 4-0 in the Finals.....

    He hauled ass out of Cleveland to see if others could help him get a ring.......

    Pretty ironic when one of his fans forgets to mention the all-star cast he had in Miami and elsewhere.

    When you state everything good is because of Brick yet nothing bad has anything to do with him then you lose your objectivity.

    Contrary to popular belief Raiders isn't the only one who sees what he wants to see.
    My post was in response to Javy's post #63. Javy thought LeBron always loses the first game of the playoffs, I was letting him know that he never loses the first game of the playoffs and has now won 21 consecutive first round games
    All great genius encounters violent opposition from mediocre minds

  29. #99

    Default Re: Cavs vs. Pacers : What's the series line?

    Yes, we see what we want to see....

    Hell last year Ray said Killer Kyrie sucked!!!?? LOL.

    No limits to what his fans will do to try and spotlight Brick as though he does it by himself.

    The comical part of that is instead of fighting with bad teams like Bird, MJ and other greats......

    He left town in the middle of the night after getting skunked 4-0 in the Finalls to find better teammates.

    If anyone is more contingent on playing with stars it has to be Brick, he couldn't manage to win a single game in the Finals "by himself".

  30. #100

    Default Re: Cavs vs. Pacers : What's the series line?

    Quote Originally Posted by kane View Post
    My post was in response to Javy's post #63. Javy thought LeBron always loses the first game of the playoffs, I was letting him know that he never loses the first game of the playoffs and has now won 21 consecutive first round games

    Fair enough, point noted.

  31. #101
    EOG Dedicated
    Join Date
    Dec 17, 2014
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    9,924

    Default Re: Cavs vs. Pacers : What's the series line?

    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick McIrish View Post
    Yes, we see what we want to see....

    Hell last year Ray said Killer Kyrie sucked!!!?? LOL.

    No limits to what his fans will do to try and spotlight Brick as though he does it by himself.

    The comical part of that is instead of fighting with bad teams like Bird, MJ and other greats......

    He left town in the middle of the night after getting skunked 4-0 in the Finalls to find better teammates.

    If anyone is more contingent on playing with stars it has to be Brick, he couldn't manage to win a single game in the Finals "by himself".
    LeBron spent the first seven years of his career fighting with bad teams, the best player he played with was probably Mo Williams, he finally had enough and left
    All great genius encounters violent opposition from mediocre minds

  32. #102

    Default Re: Cavs vs. Pacers : What's the series line?

    Lebron's legacy was defined by losing to a mediocre Mavericks team and also by being backed down by 5"9 JJ Barea.

    Everyone saw what Lebron was made of in that series. And if you want to compare him to Michael Jordan, the fact that Michael Jordan never had a moment on the court as pathetic as that series will of course be relevant.

  33. #103

    Default Re: Cavs vs. Pacers : What's the series line?

    Quote Originally Posted by kane View Post
    Almost no chance the Cavs win the title, LeBron's greatness isn't carrying that roster past Houston or GS unless one of them suffer a major injury. This is the first time LeBron doesn't have a side kick, there's no Wade or Irving to help him, Love being his second best teammate isn't good enough
    A healthy Cavs Team that has played 3 RDs together is going to be a big fucking problem for anyone coming out of the West. LBJ Trolls better pray GS gets there in one piece, if not, pass the Chips I respect Hou, just like the matchup better (at least, from what I've seen of Hou).
    Men are born for games. Nothing else... the worth or merit of a game is not inherent in the game itself but rather in the value of that which is put at hazard. Games of chance require a wager to have meaning at all. Games of sport involve the pride of victory & the humiliation of defeat; which are themselves sufficient stake... But trial of chance or worth, all games aspire to the condition of war, for here, that which is wagered swallows up game, player, all.

  34. #104
    EOG Dedicated
    Join Date
    Dec 17, 2014
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    9,924

    Default Re: Cavs vs. Pacers : What's the series line?

    Quote Originally Posted by JavyBaez9 View Post
    Lebron's legacy was defined by losing to a mediocre Mavericks team and also by being backed down by 5"9 JJ Barea.

    Everyone saw what Lebron was made of in that series. And if you want to compare him to Michael Jordan, the fact that Michael Jordan never had a moment on the court as pathetic as that series will of course be relevant.
    I still have no idea what happened to him in that series, it's a series the Heat should have won, but to say that series will define his legacy is silly, one bad moment among a ton of great ones
    All great genius encounters violent opposition from mediocre minds

  35. #105

    Default Re: Cavs vs. Pacers : What's the series line?

    Quote Originally Posted by kane View Post
    I still have no idea what happened to him in that series, it's a series the Heat should have won, but to say that series will define his legacy is silly, one bad moment among a ton of great ones
    to be fair, and maybe you don't do it, but most people who talk about lebron james inevitably compare him to MJ, and if you're comparing him to MJ, he was perfect on that stage, so of course that separates the two.

    And not just that, he quit on the Cavs against the Spurs the first time, the same effort was not there late in the series.

    He had 2 late turnovers to put the Spurs with a 99.9% chance to win the 3rd time around in game 6, and the Spurs bailed him out but that was another really bad moment.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •