Cavs vs. Pacers : What's the series line? - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Cavs vs. Pacers : What's the series line?

EOG Dedicated

Default Re: Cavs vs. Pacers : What's the series line?

Quote Originally Posted by GameBred View Post
    A healthy Cavs Team that has played 3 RDs together is going to be a big fucking problem for anyone coming out of the West. LBJ Trolls better pray GS gets there in one piece, if not, pass the Chips I respect Hou, just like the matchup better (at least, from what I've seen of Hou).
    C'mon Game, you're not beating GS with Rodney Hood, Larry Nance, Kevin Love, and Jordan Clarkson. Just reaching the finals would be an accomplishment, as great as the guy is, he's not taking down a healthy Warrior team with that cast. The top five players in a potential Cle/GS finals would be LeBron, KD, Steph, Klay, and Draymond. When four of the top five players in a series belong to one team, that team probably wins
    All great genius encounters violent opposition from mediocre minds

Quote Originally Posted by kane View Post
    C'mon Game, you're not beating GS with Rodney Hood, Larry Nance, Kevin Love, and Jordan Clarkson. Just reaching the finals would be an accomplishment, as great as the guy is, he's not taking down a healthy Warrior team with that cast. The top five players in a potential Cle/GS finals would be LeBron, KD, Steph, Klay, and Draymond. When four of the top five players in a series belong to one team, that team probably wins
    Steph's ankles are made of glass right now and the Warriors point differential without him is mediocre at best, not mediocre by their standards, but mediocre.

If Curry is banged up and not producing, Lebron would have no excuse to lose to Golden State, because in that hypothetical, he'd be losing to Kevin Durant.

EOG Dedicated

Quote Originally Posted by JavyBaez9 View Post
    to be fair, and maybe you don't do it, but most people who talk about lebron james inevitably compare him to MJ, and if you're comparing him to MJ, he was perfect on that stage, so of course that separates the two.

And not just that, he quit on the Cavs against the Spurs the first time, the same effort was not there late in the series.

He had 2 late turnovers to put the Spurs with a 99.9% chance to win the 3rd time around in game 6, and the Spurs bailed him out but that was another really bad moment.
    When people compare him to MJ, they do it since in most people's minds MJ is the GOAT, and LeBron is someone who could challenge him for that honor. Those that follow the game know LeBron plays more like a Magic/Bird hybrid than Jordan, of all the players I've seen, Kobe comes the closest to the type of player Jordan was, but LeBron is better than Kobe

EOG Dedicated

Steph's ankles are made of glass right now and the Warriors point differential without him is mediocre at best, not mediocre by their standards, but mediocre.

If Curry is banged up and not producing, Lebron would have no excuse to lose to Golden State, because in that hypothetical, he'd be losing to Kevin Durant.
    I said LeBron isn't beating a healthy Warrior team, if Curry is having problems and isn't anywhere close to 100%, GS is still the chalk, but Cle would at least have a shot

That was the case last year and explains why they will be Outsiders if they meet this year, although the Cavs got better.

Like I said, I'd rather play Hou but they will give anyone problems in the Finals if they get there. LBJ has the pieces he needs but he doesn't have a Chess Master moving them; Lue is my biggest concern, but it is what it is.
    Men are born for games. Nothing else... the worth or merit of a game is not inherent in the game itself but rather in the value of that which is put at hazard. Games of chance require a wager to have meaning at all. Games of sport involve the pride of victory & the humiliation of defeat; which are themselves sufficient stake... But trial of chance or worth, all games aspire to the condition of war, for here, that which is wagered swallows up game, player, all.

EOG Dedicated

That was the case last year and explains why they will be Outsiders if they meet this year, although the Cavs got better.

Like I said, I'd rather play Hou but they will give anyone problems in the Finals if they get there. LBJ has the pieces he needs but he doesn't have a Chess Master moving them; Lue is my biggest concern, but it is what it is.
    This I agree with, if the Cavs reach the finals I don't think anyone just walks over them, but beating a healthy Rocket or Warrior team 4 times will be tough. I disagree with you when you say LBJ has all the pieces, the past seven years he's reached the finals he had either Wade or Kyrie to help him, there's no one close to them on this year's team, a healthy IT was supposed to play Robin to LeBron's Batman, but he was never fully healthy and obviously things were a mess in the locker room. When LeBron goes to the bench, who's the guy to keep the ship afloat? I like Kevin Love, but not as a number 2 guy, his role was fine as a third option when Kyrie was there, but I don't think he's good enough to be their first option when LeBron is resting. And you should be concerned with Lue, he's not a good coach and every series the Cavs play the other team will have the coaching edge

This I agree with, if the Cavs reach the finals I don't think anyone just walks over them, but beating a healthy Rocket or Warrior team 4 times will be tough.
    Agree.

I disagree with you when you say LBJ has all the pieces, the past seven years he's reached the finals he had either Wade or Kyrie to help him, there's no one close to them on this year's team, a healthy IT was supposed to play Robin to LeBron's Batman, but he was never fully healthy and obviously things were a mess in the locker room. When LeBron goes to the bench, who's the guy to keep the ship afloat? I like Kevin Love, but not as a number 2 guy, his role was fine as a third option when Kyrie was there, but I don't think he's good enough to be their first option when LeBron is resting. And you should be concerned with Lue, he's not a good coach and every series the Cavs play the other team will have the coaching edge
    This is the first year K-Love has been the legit #2 and he’s had his best year as a Cav. I like him as LBJ’s Wingman. They’ve played together for 4 years now, play well off one another and complement each other’s game. Jose is going to be getting playoff burn so he can run shit and will have plenty of guys to find who can put the ball in the hole. They're legit threats to win it all.
    Men are born for games. Nothing else... the worth or merit of a game is not inherent in the game itself but rather in the value of that which is put at hazard. Games of chance require a wager to have meaning at all. Games of sport involve the pride of victory & the humiliation of defeat; which are themselves sufficient stake... But trial of chance or worth, all games aspire to the condition of war, for here, that which is wagered swallows up game, player, all.

Kevin Love is overlooked. per 36 minutes.

Brick:
    26.8 pts
    8.4 rebounds
    36.7% from 3
    73.1% from the line

Love
    22.7 pts
    11.9 rebounds
    41.5% from 3
    88.0% from the line

This is the first year K-Love has been the legit #2
    Because they had Kyrie Irving. Best 1-3 in the league with Irving.

Irving was the worst defender on the planet. And he regularly had games <3 assists. Raiders, you know nothing about basketball

Quote Originally Posted by BigDeemer View Post
    Irving was the worst defender on the planet. And he regularly had games <3 assists. Raiders, you know nothing about basketball
    Irving is one of the best players in the league. Brick hasn't played D in years. Watch him today. Laziest player in the NBA. Indiana will get some 5 on 4s because Brick doesn't get back.

Classic delusional/racist Javy in this thread.

Says NBA sucks yet has 30 posts in this thread about it/Lebron.......

Quote Originally Posted by Inkwell77 View Post

You okay man? Let me know if I can help you out.

EOG Dedicated

Quote Originally Posted by raiders72001 View Post
    Kevin Love is overlooked. per 36 minutes.

Brick:
    26.8 pts
    8.4 rebounds
    36.7% from 3
    73.1% from the line

Love
    22.7 pts
    11.9 rebounds
    41.5% from 3
    88.0% from the line
    Love clearly the better player

Quote Originally Posted by Inkwell77 View Post

He spends the whole year ranking on LBJ and the avg Cavs and then he runs into LeBron's arms w/ -500 Series bet on 4/5 Matchup. This guy is so full of shit JK should honor his word and ban him for life; the BS is just non-stop.

Quote Originally Posted by Heim View Post
    Heaviest series action in Vegas is on Pacers.
    Is the microphone on at this place??
    The art of learning is learning who to ignore ~LeAnn Rimes

Quote Originally Posted by Heim View Post
    Is the microphone on at this place??
    You do understand this is the first full game they have played together and LBJ made a concerted effort early and often to get teammates involved, who just weren't hitting shots and they got in a hole, early. It happens.

Now, Pacer bettors have Coach Lue in their corner (he is just so unhelpful its pitiful) but I've got LBJ; he'll figure it out and he will go fucking Ape Shit before getting bounced. I'm going to tell you guys for the last time, he is too fucking good. Just like it took a nation of millions to hold Public Enemy, it takes a Super Team to hold back LBJ.

Brick over passes. In today's game, Brick could drive to the hole every time and get 2 or 3 with the foul. He kicks it out when in deep.

Brick was passive both sides of the court.

All the live betting had to be on the Cavs.

He spends the whole year ranking on LBJ and the avg Cavs and then he runs into LeBron's arms w/ -500 Series bet on 4/5 Matchup. This guy is so full of shit JK should honor his word and ban him for life; the BS is just non-stop.
    Why is Lebron struggling in a series against a team that went into the year tanking?

Is it possible he's just not that good?

Oh, I get it, blame Lue.

Face it, Kyrie Irving was the most valuable Cavs player and he's gone.

Personally, I still think Lebron wins this series. Because he knows his legacy would be utterly shredded if he lost to a tanking basketball team and because the league will make sure he gets the calls or the rest of the eastern conference and finals ratings will be awful.

EOG Addicted

James did his part, starting Green was a bad idea and why didn't Thompson play...I wonder if this will be another 2nd round or heck maybe first round exit to make
    it easier for James to move on after the season if indeed that his intentions.

Cavs will still win the series but it will be in 7 and will make Cleveland shit their pants. They will be toast next round.

That Oladipo post game interview was very telling. They really believe they can win it (series).

BigRunner = Stiff, SlowPaying Fraud Cristiano's Avatar

The Cavaliers are terrible, and LeBron is too.

He spent the game whining and flopping, trying to get flagrant fouls called on Indiana. Unfortunately for him the refs have the ability to review plays, and saw he wasn't even touched.

Lebron is a loser, and he'll flee Cleveland after this season in hopes of finding greener pastures.

EOG Dedicated

Why is Lebron struggling in a series against a team that went into the year tanking?

Is it possible he's just not that good?

Oh, I get it, blame Lue.

Face it, Kyrie Irving was the most valuable Cavs player and he's gone.

Personally, I still think Lebron wins this series. Because he knows his legacy would be utterly shredded if he lost to a tanking basketball team and because the league will make sure he gets the calls or the rest of the eastern conference and finals ratings will be awful.

Wow... Just saw Cavs -8.5 for Game 2.. That seems high after watching that game today.

You do understand this is the first full game they have played together and LBJ made a concerted effort early and often to get teammates involved, who just weren't hitting shots and they got in a hole, early. It happens.

Um.... no one on the team missed more shots than your hero. Otherwise, cool story bro.

BTW that's the difference between Brick and one of the greatest evers like MJ, Bird, Magic and so on.....

Brick "makes a concerted effort to get this teammates involved", MJ says GET ON MY FING BACK BOYS, I GOT THIS!!

Heart of a champion versus a punk trying to flop all day long. Just pathetic.

Absolutely pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick McIrish View Post
    Um.... no one on the team missed more shots than your hero. Otherwise, cool story bro.

BTW that's the difference between Brick and one of the greatest evers like MJ, Bird, Magic and so on.....

Brick "makes a concerted effort to get this teammates involved", MJ says GET ON MY FING BACK BOYS, I GOT THIS!!

Heart of a champion versus a punk trying to flop all day long. Just pathetic.

Absolutely pathetic.
    great post.

The only time Brick gave 100% today is when he was trying to draw a flagrant.

Quote Originally Posted by raiders72001 View Post
    The only time Brick gave 100% today is when he was trying to draw a flagrant.

Exactly.

And to state the obvious this team sorely missed Killer Kyrie and his ability to create his own shots.

Cavs now -193 for series
    Indy now +178 for series

Blog Entries

Van Gundy with the balls to ask “Why’d he grab his face?” How dare Van Gundy ask such a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by ShavenCoinpurse View Post
    Wow... Just saw Cavs -8.5 for Game 2.. That seems high after watching that game today.

How do you lay 8.5 points if you bet the Cavs in Game 1 at -6.5 and received a lame effort resulting in 14 first-quarter points and 15 fourth-quarter points?

Pacers or pass.