David Malinsky - Missing after hiking Mount Charleston this weekend (UPDATE) - Page 7
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: David Malinsky - Missing after hiking Mount Charleston this weekend (UPDATE)

EOG 500 Champion Dec. 2013

Default Re: David Malinsky - Missing after hiking Mount Charleston this weekend

Quote Originally Posted by KevinStott11 View Post
    Body found this afternoon, Mummy Springs area....

Sad day..
    Money lost gambling is twice as bad as money lost on something else..

TYVM Morgan William!!! winkyduck's Avatar

I think we know whose body this is - we are just hoping it is not but deep down I think we all know who this is.
    The mind is a terrible thing to waste unless we are talking about the MORONS who post at Covers where the collective Sports Gambling IQ for the ENTIRE site is.................4!!! and even that might be too high

EOG 500 Champion Dec. 2013

Quote Originally Posted by winkyduck View Post
    I think we know whose body this is - we are just hoping it is not but deep down I think we all know who this is
    Hindsight is 20/20 but if they had somehow gotten there sooner...
    Money lost gambling is twice as bad as money lost on something else..

TYVM Morgan William!!! winkyduck's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Paleface View Post
    Hindsight is 20/20 but if they had somehow gotten there sooner...
    I have a feeling that unless they got there not long after he went missing it wouldn't have made a difference. I doubt he survived the night.
    The mind is a terrible thing to waste unless we are talking about the MORONS who post at Covers where the collective Sports Gambling IQ for the ENTIRE site is.................4!!! and even that might be too high

RIP

I never understood the hiking alone.

Sad day.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Luca View Post
    I never understood the hiking alone.
    Sad day
    Probably hard to get people who want to go hiking, same reason I usually go to church alone.

Thanks for checking in, Kevin.

Hoping against hope but it sounds like the worst possible scenario.

I would suggest to authorities to fully investigate the incident.

Malinsky's life was all about assessing risk and reward so I find it strange he met an untimely death through a lack of judgment.

Quote Originally Posted by John Kelly View Post
    Thanks for checking in, Kevin.

Hoping against hope but it sounds like the worst possible scenario.

I would suggest to authorities to fully investigate the incident.

Malinsky's life was all about assessing risk and reward so I find it strange he met an untimely death through a lack of judgment.
    I don't think we know for sure it was a preventable accident. Maybe a lot of really bad luck scenarios happened all in a row that no human being could have possibly protected against.

Or an even more simple explanation, a heart attack.
    "The Guesser is a far right white supremacist, sexist, xenophobic, stunningly similar to James Fields of the Charlottesville murder" - The Southern Poverty Law Center

Default Re: David Malinsky - Missing after hiking Mount Charleston this weekend (UPDATE)

Very, very sad. Prayers for his Family.

After reading his articles on Pregame and most recently on SBR I encouraged and shared his articles with fellow gambler friends. I actually insisted that they should read his Point Blank column because he had such an insightful prose. I can honestly say that he made me a better gambler. For an industry FULL OF SCUMBAGS he was in a league of his own. Huge loss.

Default Re: David Malinsky - Missing after hiking Mount Charleston this weekend (UPDATE)

After researching him all week, I found him interesting.

I'm sad I didn't get to meet him.

If it was him, how could they not know it? It's been a few days, not the tropics, and he would have his phone/ID on him, Could be anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Paleface View Post
    Now they've increased the goal amount to 25k? What the flock is up with that? And why are they stalling for more money when time is of the essence? Something is very wrong here.
    I have no idea why they raised the amount, but I do have to give SBR some credit after looking through the list of donations.

SBR John is still a POS, but I do respect them for showing real support to a current employee.
    "Once you in it, you in it. If it's a lie, then we fight on that lie, but we gotta fight"
    -Slim Charles (also the new motto of pregame.com)

Quote Originally Posted by railbird View Post
    After researching him all week, I found him interesting.

I'm sad I didn't get to meet him.

Dave Malinsky would have liked Matt Hatfield.

Railbird, not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by DotPark View Post
    Very, very sad. Prayers for his Family.

After reading his articles on Pregame and most recently on SBR I encouraged and shared his articles with fellow gambler friends. I actually insisted that they should read his Point Blank column because he had such an insightful prose. I can honestly say that he made me a better gambler. For an industry FULL OF SCUMBAGS he was in a league of his own. Huge loss.

A league of his own, indeed.

Thanks for sharing, DotPark.

Blog Entries

Thoughts and prayers to family and friends. My Dad was killed riding his motorcycle. I have always drawn strength from the fact that he was doing what he loved. May Dave’s family find strength in the fact the man was doing something he enjoyed.

Quote Originally Posted by Almost Allright View Post
    Thoughts and prayers to family and friends. My Dad was killed riding his motorcycle. I have always drawn strength from the fact that he was doing what he loved. May Dave’s family find strength in the fact the man was doing something he enjoyed.

My brother was killed riding his motorcycle.

He was only 22 at the time.

EOG Charter Member tuleythetout's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mr merlin View Post
    If it was him, how could they not know it? It's been a few days, not the tropics, and he would have his phone/ID on him, Could be anyone?
    No official word in any stories posted online yet; however, I’m afraid it’s a very telling sign that someone has identified the body as I’m part of the “Find David Malinsky” group on Facebook and received a notice about an hour ago that Saturday morning search has been deleted from the page. I’m hoping against hope that it’s a coincidence.

Quote Originally Posted by tuleythetout View Post
    No official word in any stories posted online yet; however, I’m afraid it’s a very telling sign that someone has identified the body as I’m part of the “Find David Malinsky” group on Facebook and received a notice about an hour ago that Saturday morning search has been deleted from the page. I’m hoping against hope that it’s a coincidence.

Ugh.

Thanks for checking in, Dave.

winky with his usual creepy post.

Erik Schuman My only hope is that is was quick and painless. Somehow - I doubt it was
    Manage

· Reply · 1h

9 months ago

This trail is not good for people who cannot handle elevation incline! It's mostly uphill the whole way with a few switchbacks going about 3.5 miles until you hit the Bristlecone pine tree and the trail to mummy springs itself. It's a little misleading because I did not think we had to hike this far just to get to the mummy springs trail. It was a beautiful day though with overcast clouds and seeing the house he tree was worth it!

Ming Lai

hiking
    10 months ago

Had a fantastic time hiking to see a 3000+ yr old Bristlecone Pine then went on a side trip to see the Mummy Spring. Icicles in mid June.

Giselle Barnhard

hiking
    11 months ago

Beautiful trail. Had to stop a lot to catch my breath:-)

Quote Originally Posted by railbird View Post
    Probably hard to get people who want to go hiking, same reason I usually go to church alone.
    Have you pegged as a Scientology guy....
    Everyone dies......but not everyone lives.....

I've been following the Malinsky story all week since news broke, hoping for a positive outcome. Yet a week after he was reported missing, he still hasnt been found, and that's clearly not a good sign. I find it sad and tragic. I've been listening to Malinsky's insight for years and found him to be a good listen. Sadly, I thought of Malinsky and Palmtree, aka Eric Strasser, the other day and thought how sad it is that they'll never be able to bet or watch sports again, something they so passionately enjoy. Life is so precious, and no one knows when it ends for any of us.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Knuckles View Post
    I've been following the Malinsky story all week since news broke, hoping for a positive outcome. Yet a week after he was reported missing, he still hasnt been found, and that's clearly not a good sign. I find it sad and tragic. I've been listening to Malinsky's insight for years and found him to be a good listen. Sadly, I thought of Malinsky and Palmtree, aka Eric Strasser, the other day and thought how sad it is that they'll never be able to bet or watch sports again, something they so passionately enjoy. Life is so precious, and no one knows when it ends for any of us.
    Well said
    And nobody knows what happens after death
    The greatest cliffhanger of them all...

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Knuckles View Post
    Knuckles nails it.

And Luca with a beautiful follow-up.