Eye on Baseball: Discussion for 4/16

Thread: Eye on Baseball: Discussion for 4/16

Default Eye on Baseball: Discussion for 4/16

I have no ties to Boston whatsoever but the annual Patriots Day game and its unorthodox 11:05 AM ET start is always one of my favorite games to watch every year. Sad to see it postponed today by a winter that just won’t let go in the Midwest and Northeast.

I believe it’s the only game every year that MLB allows to start before noon local time.

Elsewhere, they should play in Pittsburgh but it will be nasty. New York is looking a bit better
    And Oakland should clear out in time. No problems otherwise for anything that hasn’t already been postponed.

Default Re: Eye on Baseball: Discussion for 4/16

There's a hole in the roof at Rogers Centre.

Authorities in Toronto are looking for a solution so the game is not postponed.

Twenty-five postponements already in the 2018 MLB season.

Does look like nasty conditions in Pittsburgh. Arenado is out, serving his suspension. Marquez has reverse splits; RHH hit him much harder than lefties yet the Pirate lineup will be LHH dominated tonight. Gametime temps below 40. Hard to make a case for the over.

Bells Beer Connoisseur FairWarning's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by John Kelly View Post
    There's a hole in the roof at Rogers Centre.

Authorities in Toronto are looking for a solution so the game is not postponed.

Twenty-five postponements already in the 2018 MLB season.
    Funny that Toronto made a bunch of trolling tweets about postponed games, and a chunk of ice from the CN tower punctures their roof.
    Michael Jordan isn't anywhere near as athletic as lebron James. Jordan wouldn't even be a top 20 athlete in the game right now in his prime. - Cleveland Homer Big Deemer
    -

Quote Originally Posted by Valuist View Post
    Does look like nasty conditions in Pittsburgh. Arenado is out, serving his suspension. Marquez has reverse splits; RHH hit him much harder than lefties yet the Pirate lineup will be LHH dominated tonight. Gametime temps below 40. Hard to make a case for the over.
    Pitt will miss Josh Harrison, out for 6 weeks.

KC-Toronto postponed now.
    Michael Jordan isn't anywhere near as athletic as lebron James. Jordan wouldn't even be a top 20 athlete in the game right now in his prime. - Cleveland Homer Big Deemer
    -

The postponement in Toronto is the 26th game already this young MLB season to have been lost to inclement weather or unforeseen circumstances.

EOG Dedicated

Quote Originally Posted by FairWarning View Post
    Funny that Toronto made a bunch of trolling tweets about postponed games, and a chunk of ice from the CN tower punctures their roof.
    Karma. Actually I don't think many Torontoans (is that a word?) care seeing as how the Leafs are playing tonight
    All great genius encounters violent opposition from mediocre minds

Eventus stultorum magister NowshesmyRuca's Avatar

I really like the rational here.
    Clowns make me laugh! :+textinb3

Quote Originally Posted by kane View Post
    Karma. Actually I don't think many Torontoans (is that a word?) care seeing as how the Leafs are playing tonight
    Yup
    -

Degrom cut harpers bat in half and he still hit it out. I don't think I have ever seen that before.

White Sox/A's should've been about a 3-1 score. White Sox just awful defensively. 4 errors and a wild pitch. That defense and bullpen make any game a threat to go over.

White Sox/A's should've been about a 3-1 score. White Sox just awful defensively. 4 errors and a wild pitch. That defense and bullpen make any game a threat to go over.
    a losing culture breeds losing players. It's why I don't trust Quintana. This isn't just a stab at the White Sox either, the cubs had a losing culture in the years that Starlin Castro's identity was formed, and it is why he is a deeply flawed baseball player, and will never reach his talent level.

How long before Anderson gets moved to CF? From what I've seen of him, it looks like he has a better future there.

WASH getting all the overnight money no surprise. Today's Mets loss could be a season changer.

Quote Originally Posted by Heim View Post
    WASH getting all the overnight money no surprise. Today's Mets loss could be a season changer.
    The Mets had a weak bullpen before tonight... I've lost more money on unders b/c of Mets bullpen implosions than I've lost on David Price the last several years. I can't tell you how many times I was holding an under 8 or under 7.5 and a 2-1 game just becomes 9-1 b/c of that god awful group of losers in their pen. Some turn over, but not enough.

EOG Dedicated

How far from end of marathon to ball park? Walking distance??

Yes, half of a mile to finish line.
    Marathon course is closest at Kenmore square, 200 yards.