EOG's Grand Challenge presented by BetDSI (RAILBIRD is our May contestant) - Page 5
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: EOG's Grand Challenge presented by BetDSI (RAILBIRD is our May contestant)

EOG Dedicated

Default Re: EOG's Grand Challenge presented by BetDSI (RAILBIRD is our May contestant)

Rail cheated, his run line play shouldn't count, the whole challenge is bullshit unless his run line winner doesn't count
    All great genius encounters violent opposition from mediocre minds

Default Re: EOG's Grand Challenge presented by BetDSI (RAILBIRD is our May contestant)

9-5-2

Quote Originally Posted by railbird View Post
    Tampa Bay Rays -101
    Final score: Tampa Bay 5 Kansas City 3.

Birdie improves to 9-5-2.

9-5-2*

If you ain’t cheating, you ain’t trying....
    Everyone dies......but not everyone lives.....

Finish strong
    Hope the ties don’t screw you

Quote Originally Posted by Viejo Dinosaur View Post
    9-5-2*

If you ain’t cheating, you ain’t trying....
    The ol' asterisk, you're turning the tables on Birdie.

Quote Originally Posted by nut6 View Post
    Finish strong
    Hope the ties don’t screw you
    I need more ties

504 Golden State Warriors -7

504 Golden State Warriors -7

Game tips Sunday at 5:05 p.m. PT.

Good luck, Birdie.

Winnipeg jets +101

EOG Dedicated

Winnipeg jets +101
    Pinnacle offers both Regulation time and OT-included lines. May want Rail to specify to avoid a freeroll if the game goes into OT.

Texting Birdie now.

OT included

I crunched the numbers 2 and 5 ties are good, 1,3, and 4 are not as favorable

As a fan I hate it when home team wins, I hate crowds

Birdie's current mark is 9-6-2.

He's on pace to conquer the Challenge with 13 plays remaining.

Made a heart bet, mistake

Refs cheated, thats what they do when they want darling in

Quote Originally Posted by kane View Post
    Rail cheated, his run line play shouldn't count, the whole challenge is bullshit unless his run line winner doesn't count
    Do you ever tire of being a whiny bitch? You need to take that hike real soon.

Refs cheated, thats what they do when they want darling in
    Whenever you lose there is always an excuse.....9-6-2*
    Everyone dies......but not everyone lives.....

Boston Celtics OVER 206.5

As a fan I hate it when home team wins, I hate crowds
    You hate life.

the home team isn't life, Jesus is the way the truth and the life

oakland athletics -108

Boston Celtics OVER 206.5

Final score: Cavs 116 Celtics 86.

Only three points scored in the game's final two minutes and 49 seconds.

Birdie is currently 9-7-2 for a winning rate of 56.25%.

Quote Originally Posted by Heim View Post
    Runline ok?
    Quote Originally Posted by John Kelly View Post
    Good to go tonight.

I'll warn Birdie from here.
    Where in rules did it say no run lines

• Contestant will post 30 plays in 30 days (one play per day) starting the first of the month.
    • Games must be played within a 30-day time frame.
    • Major North American team sports only: NFL, NCAAF, NHL, NBA, NCAAB, MLB, MLS, CFL and WNBA.
    • Full-game sides and totals -110 or LOWER.
    • Contestants are graded against Pinnacle numbers at the time of post.
    • Must hit 60% or better to be declared a winner of the $1,000 prize.
    • Cannot play both sides of the same game.

thought a runline was a side
    side = team
    runline= point spread
    I don’t want to sidetrack the thread, but since I now have a vested interest I thought I would weigh in briefly:

Birdie is correct. Runlines should absolutely be allowed. Astros -1.5 -110 is no different than Saints -1.5 -110 or Cavs -1.5 -110. Same with puck lines in hockey, so long as they meet the -110 or lower threshold. It is a wager on a side.

In fact, if we wanted to go with a super-strict interpretation of the rules as they read currently, it’s runlines that should be allowed and ML’s that should be disallowed.

Because of the nature of baseball betting, MLB handicappers are essentially playing this contest with one hand tied behind their back, as they are pretty much limited to only one betting option per game on sides, and to a lesser extent on totals as well. (since most of them are also juiced in some fashion.) It seems only fair to me to allow runlines as well.

Either way, I would like some official clarification before my turn comes in June, as the wording as it stands is a bit ambiguous.

BOL the rest of the way, Birdie.

Tricky situation, EJD.

You make a good point about MLB run lines but then does this become a slippery slope: Does it open up other derivatives like F5 or RHE props?

Birdie's request for golf and tennis match-ups was rejected.

If we change the rules now, we upset those who have competed in the past (both the winners and losers) against the strict interpretation of the original rules.

Remember, it's EOG's Grand Challenge, not EOG's Grand Giveaway.

Allow me to talk to BetDSI brass and then I'll get back to you.

No worries, John. I just want to know for sure one way or the other.

Your argument about a run line being a derivative is a solid one, and I understand the idea is to keep derivatives out of it.

My only point is that, because of the format, MLB handicappers face some unique challenges when it comes to this contest that cappers of other sports aren’t necessarily saddled with.

very hard when bases is the only game in town. Im all about options. Some days its dificult
    to find a handful of options that are -110 for sides and totals in bases. still fun contest.
    my abilitys are more on display in my running thread.

Hope all have a prosperous Sunday

Nutter

also bol Rail
    going forward

Tricky situation, EJD.

You make a good point about MLB run lines but then does this become a slippery slope: Does it open up other derivatives like F5 or RHE props?

Birdie's request for golf and tennis match-ups was rejected.

If we change the rules now, we upset those who have competed in the past (both the winners and losers) against the strict interpretation of the original rules.

Remember, it's EOG's Grand Challenge, not EOG's Grand Giveaway.

Allow me to talk to BetDSI brass and then I'll get back to you.
    rules say full game to address 1st 5 issue. rules says teams not props. rules are addressed, run line should be allowed. all point spreads, run lines, goal lines and totals that are under -110 should be allowed. When contest began 5 years ago another issue is Pinnacle didn't straddle every baseball total where only 1 side is under -110.

and moneylines

10-7-2

EOG Dedicated

Quote Originally Posted by texansfan View Post
    Do you ever tire of being a whiny bitch? You need to take that hike real soon.
    Do you ever tire of being a giant douchebag? You need to catch that bullet real soon.
    All great genius encounters violent opposition from mediocre minds