Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Kyle Schwarber

Default Re: Kyle Schwarber

Quote Originally Posted by JavyBaez9 View Post
    and yet defensive metrics show him league average or so for LF

LF is where you stick your worst defender

there are at least 10 LF worse than him

facts are facts
    maybe there are 10 worse...please name them. I’m not sure that’s a true statement.
    Don't wake up in a roadside ditch

Quote Originally Posted by lap18 View Post
    maybe there are 10 worse...please name them. I’m not sure that’s a true statement.
    https://www.fangraphs.com/leaders.as...ter=&players=0

Last year, set the minimum to 500 innings in LF and Schwarber is the 6th rated defensive LF out of 23 rated players

This year set the minimum to 100 innings and he's 16th out of 36

Judging him by the goofy plays is silly. He tries hard on every play and is a bit clumsy out there as a catcher, so he's going to have some goofy plays. His arm is a huge asset out there and most LF have a noodle arm.

Since the defensive numbers back up the idea he's average in LF, I think you'd need to prove he was noteworthy awful. Kinda how it works.

If you go back to 2015, set the limit at 250 innings, Schwarber is 23 out of 59

There's a consistent performance here, mediocrity for a position where 75% of the players are net negatives.

basically if you hit it to him 98% chance he'll catch it. If not, well.........

https://www.fangraphs.com/leaders.as...rs=0&sort=13,d
    How you better than somebody? Cuz you said so? Naw man, don't work that way. Sun shine on everybody ass just the same. Get up off your chair and get some.

Captain Old Earl Johnson Natchez Miss.

Quote Originally Posted by billysink View Post
    basically if you hit it to him 98% chance he'll catch it. If not, well.........

https://www.fangraphs.com/leaders.as...rs=0&sort=13,d
    Ian Desmond significantly miles better defender than Michael Brantley by your little cherry picked stat

lol

Ian Desmond significantly miles better defender than Michael Brantley by your little cherry picked stat

lol

It says all you need to know about Schwarber in one line.

Perhaps start a Michael Bradley thread.
    How you better than somebody? Cuz you said so? Naw man, don't work that way. Sun shine on everybody ass just the same. Get up off your chair and get some.

It says all you need to know about Schwarber in one line.

Perhaps start a Michael Bradley thread.
    it's a pointless statistic with a hilariously small sample size of 5 for most of the people on the list, not to mention wind conditions are the most unpredictable at Wrigley

you're not very good at this baseball shitposting, stick to politics

knee to knee range is good at 1B

left field

not so much

3 times on base tonight for schwarber

offense stranding him, good table setting

3 times on base tonight for schwarber

offense stranding him, good table setting

Good platoon guy. Should rack up the numbers now that Maddon figured out he can't hit left handed pitching.

No range good arm.

That's a wrap for this one.

Good platoon guy. Should rack up the numbers now that Maddon figured out he can't hit left handed pitching.

No range good arm.

That's a wrap for this one.
    you don't know sports so I'll take your comments as they're worth - nothing

you ever wonder why you finish dead last in every contest you participate in on here and everywhere else i'm sure - lots of stupid people on eog and you're dead last every time

golly gee

you don't know sports so I'll take your comments as they're worth - nothing

you ever wonder why you finish dead last in every contest you participate in on here and everywhere else i'm sure - lots of stupid people on eog and you're dead last every time

golly gee

contest

loolzi

league average fielding % for a left fielder is .985......swarber .970
    range factor league average per 9 inn is 1.91 ........swarber 1.66
    range factor per game league average is 1.50 ..........swarber 1.39

this is what keeps theo up at night

Bells Beer Connoisseur FairWarning's Avatar

The Cubs .540 SOS is best in baseball. In fact, they haven't played a team currently below .500 since the first 5 games of the year.

10 of the next 14 against the Marlins, Reds, and White Sox... need to take care of business.
    The SOS wasn’t a factor in their overall sloppy play in St Louis. Hitting comes and goes, but they are not good enough right now to give away outs or walk a bunch of batters. Wouldn’t be surprised if a trade happens to shake things up if they continue this for another month.

https://www.fangraphs.com/leaders.as...ter=&players=0

Last year, set the minimum to 500 innings in LF and Schwarber is the 6th rated defensive LF out of 23 rated players

This year set the minimum to 100 innings and he's 16th out of 36

Judging him by the goofy plays is silly. He tries hard on every play and is a bit clumsy out there as a catcher, so he's going to have some goofy plays. His arm is a huge asset out there and most LF have a noodle arm.

Since the defensive numbers back up the idea he's average in LF, I think you'd need to prove he was noteworthy awful. Kinda how it works.
    Ok you sold me...he is a great left fielder. I probably only see the silly shit...
    Don't wake up in a roadside ditch

Quote Originally Posted by lap18 View Post
    Ok you sold me...he is a great left fielder. I probably only see the silly shit...

metrics on defense should be 3 years back not 1....... since 2015 he is 20th best left fielder

Josh Towers on VSIN a week before the season began:

"Kyle Schwarber is not a major league player IMO. 4 years from now he will be in Japan."

Is VSIN actually paying Towers? Tells you something about his opinion.

I can live with a guy who's not a great defender who has a 134 WRC+. Much preferred over a guy like Heyward who's a Gold Glove winner and hits like a pitcher.

that is this year in LF ..have to include last 2.75 years also...... fielding bible

Quote Originally Posted by MrTop View Post
    that is this year in LF ..have to include last 2.75 years also...... fielding bible
    https://www.fangraphs.com/leaders.as...rs=0&sort=24,d

Okay. 2015-2018, minimum 1000 innings, Kyle Schwarber 2nd ranked LF in baseball UZR/150

"Cubs should force trade Schwarber to the AL because his defense is so bad."

Do those statements coincide?

Schwarber was carrying an extra 20-25 pounds in those seasons. Yes, he could gain that weight back, but isn't it more accurate to judge his range at his current weight?

Quote Originally Posted by Valuist View Post
    Josh Towers on VSIN a week before the season began:

"Kyle Schwarber is not a major league player IMO. 4 years from now he will be in Japan."

Is VSIN actually paying Towers? Tells you something about his opinion.

I can live with a guy who's not a great defender who has a 134 WRC+. Much preferred over a guy like Heyward who's a Gold Glove winner and hits like a pitcher.

yes in some cases.... a big offense threat could out weigh an auto out .... in playoffs managers are under the scope of owner and GM more than regular season. Better pitchers are in the playoffs... Those 134WRC+ could of come against weak pitching which swarber will not see in playoffs . That is why swarber and happ were benched in playoffs and heyward played. Just look at what they did against the LAD. It confirms they were not ready for prime time last october.... Swrber has higher ceiling than happ for sure and could be a bigger threat than auto out heyward in playoffs if cubs make it there. If cubs get their act together as a staff they could make it to WS again but right now they are way too wild to win anything.

Schwarber was carrying an extra 20-25 pounds in those seasons. Yes, he could gain that weight back, but isn't it more accurate to judge his range at his current weight?
    Doesn't matter. These people seem to ignore that most LF are trash out in LF. They're in LF because they are trash defensively. If they were good defenders, they'd be in CF or RF.

yes in some cases.... a big offense threat could out weigh an auto out .... in playoffs managers are under the scope of owner and GM more than regular season. Better pitchers are in the playoffs... Those 134WRC+ could of come against weak pitching which swarber will not see in playoffs . That is why swarber and happ were benched in playoffs and heyward played. Just look at what they did against the LAD. It confirms they were not ready for prime time last october.... Swrber has higher ceiling than happ for sure and could be a bigger threat than auto out heyward in playoffs if cubs make it there. If cubs get their act together as a staff they could make it to WS again but right now they are way too wild to win anything.
    Did you watch the 2016 World Series? Schwarber had a huge impact at the plate.

i totally agree Valuist... someone might of told him to be more ready or he did it by himself.... I do see a change in him for sure... Cubs need a bat like that cause a couple of players are not hitting at all. Happ on other hand is a zero... maybe too young or just lacks talent.

Did you watch the 2016 World Series? Schwarber had a huge impact at the plate.

before injury which could of had something to do with it

i totally agree Valuist... someone might of told him to be more ready or he did it by himself.... I do see a change in him for sure... Cubs need a bat like that cause a couple of players are not hitting at all. Happ on other hand is a zero... maybe too young or just lacks talent.
    We saw in 2016 how hard he worked to get back for the WS. To make it back from ACL surgery in April meant a very disciplined rehab. I'm not surprised he figured out he needed to get into better shape.

As for Happ, I'd rather he get full time at bats in AAA and let Almora play CF. He needs to make more contact. I do think there's talent; definitely power but needs less swing and miss.

Doesn't matter. These people seem to ignore that most LF are trash out in LF. They're in LF because they are trash defensively. If they were good defenders, they'd be in CF or RF.

that is a given...LF players are usually losers in the field.... swarber got moved to OF cause the catcher they have now is one of the best behind the plate

We saw in 2016 how hard he worked to get back for the WS. To make it back from ACL surgery in April meant a very disciplined rehab. I'm not surprised he figured out he needed to get into better shape.

As for Happ, I'd rather he get full time at bats in AAA and let Almora play CF.

agree.... ... almora not better than cain (brewers )overall.... but comes at a cheaper price & younger also... theo can spend the $$$ on somewhere else. Theo knows what to do and not get stuck with a long contract most of the time. Theo did not get there by accident.

that is a given...LF players are usually losers in the field.... swarber got moved to OF cause the catcher they have now is one of the best behind the plate
    MLB made Contreras remove his Venezuelan flag sleeve. Make Zobrist lose his PF flyers.

Manfred is a twat

sad

MLB made Contreras remove his Venezuelan flag sleeve. Make Zobrist lose his PF flyers.

Manfred is a twat

sad

leagues wants to say what to wear.... it is all about the ads they have on uniforms... they don't want the fans eyes on some flag not USA but on MLB logo , US flag and some ( example )nike ad.

Picked up Buyiz and Shoober in a free fantasy contest across street
    0 fer 8 6 k's

Swinging @ butterflies.

Was the wind

Or sun

Darvish had mentstrual cramps threw 4 complete

Bells Beer Connoisseur FairWarning's Avatar

leagues wants to say what to wear.... it is all about the ads they have on uniforms... they don't want the fans eyes on some flag not USA but on MLB logo , US flag and some ( example )nike ad.
    Players negotiated the freedom to wear that non-uniform stuff out of the last deal. Blame Tony Clark and crew at the MLBPA.

https://mediadownloads.mlb.com/mlbam...sset_2500K.mp4

This guy is so bad defensively Cubs gotta ship him to AL immediately

https://www.fangraphs.com/leaders.as...rs=0&sort=24,d