Another NBA head-scratcher - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Another NBA head-scratcher

Default Re: Another NBA head-scratcher

Brick and Love the best two players in this series even if they havent played like it.

Everyone wrote off Boston after the injuries, everyone!

Why? Because you got 5 mediocre players on the court who so far have looked better than they are.

Why? A lot to do with coaching but to me they seem to want it more. Hustling instead of hanging back to cry to officials.

One old guy leading a bunch of young guys with very little playoff experience....?

Cavs in 7.

4 of the Top 6 Players in Boston's Rotation are 1st Year, 2nd Year, 3rd Year, and 4th Year Players.

Tatum, Brown, Rozier, and Smart.

Quote Originally Posted by GameBred View Post
    Have you recently been concussed? On what planet is Boston better than Cleveland?

Who Won more Games during the Season ?

Or is that a Bad Indicator to use ?

Quote Originally Posted by boston massacre View Post
    Who Won more Games during the Season ?

Or is that a Bad Indicator to use ?
    Considering Cle was 3 different teams in one season, I don't think it is a bad indicator, just not entirely accurate.

Why did the Market price Cle as Odds-on for the series if Bos is so much better? You want to know why? If they priced Bos as chalk, they would have had massive liabilities; that's why. I'm talking Going Out of Business Liabilties; the entities that offered such pricing would have got absolutely pounded. If they started this series again with what we know now, Cle would still be priced as favorites.

Stop Resulting.
    Men are born for games. Nothing else... the worth or merit of a game is not inherent in the game itself but rather in the value of that which is put at hazard. Games of chance require a wager to have meaning at all. Games of sport involve the pride of victory & the humiliation of defeat; which are themselves sufficient stake... But trial of chance or worth, all games aspire to the condition of war, for here, that which is wagered swallows up game, player, all.

Quote Originally Posted by kane View Post
    Shit, you're right, I forgot about that. Okay, that means there's even less chance of them both coming back, it will be a tough decision, which one to keep. Logic says Irving, but he'll cost more than Rozier and could get back more in a trade, but are they sure Scary Terry will play like this going forward? I have trust Danny will make the right choice.

Having to watch what you do and say about trying to acquire Future Free Agents, because of the N.B.A. Tampering Rules, there have been a few small Local Media Leaks, about what Danny Ainge's Ultimate Game Plan is for the Celtics.

And that is to try to eventually acquire Anthony Davis from New Orleans.
    He's a Free Agent after next season.
    But Danny could approach New Orleans about a Trade, where New Orleans would then Not lose him for Nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by GameBred View Post
    Considering Cle was 3 different teams in one season, I don't think it is a bad indicator, just not entirely accurate.

Why did the Market price Cle as Odds-on for the series if Bos is so much better? You want to know why? If they priced Bos as chalk, they would have had massive liabilities; that's why. I'm talking Going Out of Business Liabilties; the entities that offered such pricing would have got absolutely pounded. If they started this series again with what we know now, Cle would still be priced as favorites.

Stop Resulting.

When the Eastern Conference got down to the Final Four, Boston was a Longshot against Cleveland, Toronto, and Philly.

Only because Irving and Haywood were in Street Clothes.

Otherwise, The Favorite.

Quote Originally Posted by boston massacre View Post
    When the Eastern Conference got down to the Final Four, Boston was a Longshot against Cleveland, Toronto, and Philly.

Only because Irving and Haywood were in Street Clothes.

Otherwise, The Favorite.
    OK. So what are you disagreeing with me about?
    Men are born for games. Nothing else... the worth or merit of a game is not inherent in the game itself but rather in the value of that which is put at hazard. Games of chance require a wager to have meaning at all. Games of sport involve the pride of victory & the humiliation of defeat; which are themselves sufficient stake... But trial of chance or worth, all games aspire to the condition of war, for here, that which is wagered swallows up game, player, all.

Probably not a better indicator of a coaching mismatch than the line discrepancy for game 3. Don't remember seeing this before for an NBA game.

Cle -6.5
    Cle 1st 1/2 - 5.5
    "David is aware of this thread and he's disappointed about the developments."

Quote Originally Posted by 2W2P2S View Post
    Probably not a better indicator of a coaching mismatch than the line discrepancy for game 3. Don't remember seeing this before for an NBA game.

Cle -6.5
    Cle 1st 1/2 - 5.5

Last week phil was-9 and first half was -7 -115 so similar

Quote Originally Posted by jasson621 View Post
    Last week phil was-9 and first half was -7 -115 so similar
    The market loves Stevens, and he didn't get 1 vote for Coach of the Year.
    "David is aware of this thread and he's disappointed about the developments."

EOG Dedicated

Cle -6.5
    Cle 1st 1/2 - 5.5
    Teams at home down 0-2 have an amazing ats record in the first half of game 3, the books have caught on
    All great genius encounters violent opposition from mediocre minds

EOG Dedicated

The market loves Stevens, and he didn't get 1 vote for Coach of the Year.
    he didn't get any votes from the other jealous coaches, but Stevens is a finalist for COY along with Dwane Casey (LOL) and Quin Snyder
    All great genius encounters violent opposition from mediocre minds

Bill Walsh said i was a genius last year when i won it all. This year we're 5-5, im doing everything exactly the same and im a dumbass.

Im not doubting Stevens is a good coach, his record supports that, but i believe there are other factors into why Celtics are playing so well.

Maybe im wrong but doubt he will dominate the NBA the next 3 decades. Agree with Ray in that coaches might be hardest to quantify.

Cle -6.5
    Cle 1st 1/2 - 5.5
    That's an 0-2 coming home for game 3 bias not a coaching bias though I do agree that this is a coaching mismatch.

Cle -6.5
    Cle 1st 1/2 - 5.5
    David vs. Goliath..... And David flung a stone and the Philistine fell

I gave Brad "Sampson" Stevens a buzz cut in another thread earlier so I think the Cavs are good regardless of whether or not the stone is on time and on target.

Quote Originally Posted by raycabino View Post
    That's an 0-2 coming home for game 3 bias not a coaching bias though I do agree that this is a coaching mismatch.
    I have no idea how you could say such things