Another NBA head-scratcher
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Another NBA head-scratcher

Default Another NBA head-scratcher

Props if u have this stuff figured out.

Celts were +1.5 for game One and +250 for series.

One thing can't be in doubt. Is there a better Coach/GM combo than Stevens/Ainge?

Default Re: Another NBA head-scratcher

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckyG View Post

One thing can't be in doubt. Is there a better Coach/GM combo than Stevens/Ainge?

NO.

With the 4 Sides of the Ball on the Court at the same time, that being the Boston Offense/ Defense, and the Cleveland Offense/Defense, and after a Finished Regular Season and 2 Rounds of the Playoffs , I would say that the Worst Side of the 4, is the Cleveland Defense.

This is the first I am hearing of it. Do you think that was mispriced? If so, me too, they probably should have been +300

I'm being serious, btw.
    Men are born for games. Nothing else... the worth or merit of a game is not inherent in the game itself but rather in the value of that which is put at hazard. Games of chance require a wager to have meaning at all. Games of sport involve the pride of victory & the humiliation of defeat; which are themselves sufficient stake... But trial of chance or worth, all games aspire to the condition of war, for here, that which is wagered swallows up game, player, all.

Hard to know when GameBred is serious and when he's merely trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by John Kelly View Post
    Hard to know when GameBred is serious and when he's merely trolling.
    I only troll the trolls. Chucky is good people.

Just ask me and I'll tell you, I am 100% serious. I have no idea what is going to happen but I can't imagine Boston beats them 3 out of the next 6 games.
    Men are born for games. Nothing else... the worth or merit of a game is not inherent in the game itself but rather in the value of that which is put at hazard. Games of chance require a wager to have meaning at all. Games of sport involve the pride of victory & the humiliation of defeat; which are themselves sufficient stake... But trial of chance or worth, all games aspire to the condition of war, for here, that which is wagered swallows up game, player, all.

ChuckyG has a pleasant personality, on and off the forum.

Similar pointspread from Game 1 to Game 2 in the Eastern Conference Finals.

Game 1 total, however, climbed as high as 205.5 whereas the Game 2 total opened and is currently 202.5.

ChuckyG has a pleasant personality, on and off the forum.

Similar pointspread from Game 1 to Game 2 in the Eastern Conference Finals.

Game 1 total, however, climbed as high as 205.5 whereas the Game 2 total opened and is currently 202.5.
    Let me drop a dime on myself. Game 2, GameBred isn't walking through that door; there ain't gonna be no motivational speech.

As a matter of fact, I'm fucking worried that I'm not worried.

IM0, Boston isn't going to win in Cle so the Cavs just need to win 1 in Boston.

I agree with Max Good, the Celtics talents is way underrated. Marcus Smart was best hs player in nation his Sr year, Hortford is big time, Baynes is smart

Stevens and Ainge are good but getting too much credit imo

GBred, a lot to digest. Opinions sway so quickly. Usually, the questions are better answered on Monday morning.

Just one game, but I heard SO many people saying that u can't bet vs the King in this series. I do have one observation from this post-season. How good is Irving?

I'm of the opinion that he's not that valuable. Produces a lot of stats. But he may be a small Net + player, once u sort out his contributions on offense + defense.

GBred, a lot to digest. Opinions sway so quickly. Usually, the questions are better answered on Monday morning.

Just one game, but I heard SO many people saying that u can't bet vs the King in this series. I do have one observation from this post-season. How good is Irving?

I'm of the opinion that he's not that valuable. Produces a lot of stats. But he may be a small Net + player, once u sort out his contributions on offense + defense.
    This is what I was yelling, kicking and screaming about, I'm on the record as saying that Kyrie doesn't scare me one fuck. He's unguardable and there is value in that but that's it. Swap out Big Al (Who I ID'ed as the MVP of this team very early on while running counter surveillance) for Kyrie and the C's don't get out of Rd1, IMO.

BTW, Smart has replaced Bradley as my favorite C.

Quote Originally Posted by GameBred View Post
    Let me drop a dime on myself. Game 2, GameBred isn't walking through that door; there ain't gonna be no motivational speech.

As a matter of fact, I'm fucking worried that I'm not worried.

IM0, Boston isn't going to win in Cle so the Cavs just need to win 1 in Boston.
    I think we need a speech. I know I said that before the Toronto series but I lost sight that they were from Canada for a second. This Boston team is dangerous because they think they are suppose to win. Lets get the speeches started before we are asking ourselves what if.

EOG Dedicated

Boston is the better team, but Cleveland has LeBron, he's the equalizer, he needs to be great or his team can't win.
    All great genius encounters violent opposition from mediocre minds

Quote Originally Posted by raycabino View Post
    I think we need a speech. I know I said that before the Toronto series but I lost sight that they were from Canada for a second. This Boston team is dangerous because they think they are suppose to win. Lets get the speeches started before we are asking ourselves what if.
    Who the fuck do they think they are

A bunch of Boston Beanie Babies think they are going to behead our King?

Ray's calling for a speech.... does this mean you have a Series position on the Cavs? I'm so proud of you if you do

EOG Dedicated

Chucky, the Ainge /Stevens combo is the best in the NBA. The other top duo's are Buford/Pop, Myers/Kerr, Riley/Spo, Morey/Dantoni, and Lindsey/Snyder

Quote Originally Posted by kane View Post
    Boston is the better team, but Cleveland has LeBron, he's the equalizer, he needs to be great or his team can't win.
    He was feeling them out tonight and taking what he could get; Boston did a great job making LBJ look human. The Non-LeBrons turned into useless fucks again; they shall turn back into the guys I've watched all season. Once again, Lue is no fucking help and is overmatched but once LBJ downloads the data and the Non-LeBrons shoot anywhere close to their averages; they will be too tough to beat.

Who the fuck do they think they are

A bunch of Boston Beanie Babies think they are going to behead our King?

Ray's calling for a speech.... does this mean you have a Series position on the Cavs? I'm so proud of you if you do
    Nah but no point in giving the gallery some much needed material for their side of the argument.

EOG Dedicated

Other than Lebron, the Celtics have the better player at every other position, they also have home court, and the much better coach. LeBron has to be great, there's no one else who can take up the slack if he has an off game. I don't know who wins the series, but I know the Cavs can't win without Superman LeBron

GBred, another chance to see reality play out.

Gm2 price set around pk-em.

Adjusted series price is now: Clev -125, Bost +105

Chucky, the Ainge /Stevens combo is the best in the NBA. The other top duo's are Buford/Pop, Myers/Kerr, Riley/Spo, Morey/Dantoni, and Lindsey/Snyder
    Kane, StASmith had a great video roasting PHI HC Brown. It's rare that u credit an NBA HC for a series win and his adversary for a Loss. But that's what happened.

Other than Lebron, the Celtics have the better player at every other position, they also have home court, and the much better coach. LeBron has to be great, there's no one else who can take up the slack if he has an off game. I don't know who wins the series, but I know the Cavs can't win without Superman LeBron
    Incorrect. This should read, "The much, much better coach."

The only problem for you now is, where do you go from here? You already got your, "Coach game." Going in, I was going to hand you a game on that fact alone. I thought it would go 5 originally, I'll update it to 6.

How about what Marcus Morris said recently: Nobody except for Kawhi Leonard guards LeBron James like I do.

James claimed after the Game 1 loss: "I have zero level of concern at this stage."

PK? Shouldn't this be around 2 for Cle?

Thanks for the series updates.

How about what Marcus Morris said recently: Nobody except for Kawhi Leonard guards LeBron James like I do.

James claimed after the Game 1 loss: "I have zero level of concern at this stage."
    We are from the same cosmic egg; I'm just not concerned at this point at all. Even if they lose game 2, I'm going to hold the line. If they go down 0-3, then we have a fucking problem

Based solely on situation sure, 2 maybe even Cle 2.5. However Bos stock especially home stock increased again with this performance. I do like Cle at Pk for game 2 but I understand why it is where it is.

If u believe in the zig-zag theory, I would say Yes. Not sure how market operates nowadays.

Based solely on situation sure, 2 maybe even Cle 2.5. However Bos stock especially home stock increased again with this performance. I do like Cle at Pk for game 2 but I understand why it is where it is.

Boston this postseason improved to 8-0 straight-up and against the spread in home games.

Thanks for dinner last night, Ray.

Recency Bias in full affect. Bos is a really good team, no doubt about but Cle's A-Game trumps theirs which is why I am thinking Cle - 2 to -2' is Fair. Who knows, Cle is impossible to price anyway, at least game-to-game.

If u believe in the zig-zag theory, I would say Yes. Not sure how market operates nowadays.
    Wasn't thinking zig-zag but I guess that's what it amounts to. I just think they have a better A-Game.

Series price seems low. After Boston won game 1 against Phily they were still a series dog of +185. They're gaining respect and deserve it. I like the Celtics in this series. I think price goes up and I will wait.

Recency Bias in full affect. Bos is a really good team, no doubt about but Cle's A-Game trumps theirs which is why I am thinking Cle - 2 to -2' is Fair. Who knows, Cle is impossible to price anyway, at least game-to-game.
    I think the scariest part of the game tonight for Cle backers is the way Boston defended Lebron. They decided to do all they could to take Lebron out of the game and they were successful beyond what I thought possible. Despite Cle shooting poorly they will still have to make some real adjustments if they want to be successful in this series.

Boston this postseason improved to 8-0 straight-up and against the spread in home games.

Thanks for dinner last night, Ray.
    Any time John. Enjoyed it.

I think the scariest part of the game tonight for Cle backers is the way Boston defended Lebron. They decided to do all they could to take Lebron out of the game and they were successful beyond what I thought possible. Despite Cle shooting poorly they will still have to make some real adjustments if they want to be successful in this series.
    I'm just not scared, which scares me. I think they know they are better than this team and for whatever reason it manifested itself in an Ass-kicking. Now, the attitude is, let's go out and prove we are better; which I believe they are and they will. If I'm wrong, there is a first time for everything

I'm just not scared, which scares me. I think they know they are better than this team and for whatever reason it manifested itself in an Ass-kicking. Now, the attitude is, let's go out and prove we are better; which I believe they are and they will. If I'm wrong, there is a first time for everything
    I bet them game 2 so I agree but I'm not firing like a really mean it lol.