Perfect Game alert
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Perfect Game alert

Default Perfect Game alert

Jordan Lyles (!!!!) through 7 at Petco.

A model of efficiency as well. Pitch count only in the mid-70’s.

This game is going to cost me 2 units and I really don’t care. It’s been a pleasure to watch so far.

Default Re: Perfect Game alert

Brayden11 also liked the Rockies today.

21 up, 21 down.

If all goes according to plan, Lyles will face the 4-5-6 hitters in the eighth inning and 7-8-9 in the ninth.

I’ve always liked Lyles’ stuff in theory. He struggled in Houston and then took his next gig in Colorado and I feel that derailed any hope for his career.

I think I'd pull him right now after the single.

rooting against perfect game, marine layer makes it an askterisk anyway

Quote Originally Posted by raycabino View Post
    I think I'd pull him right now after the single.
    Rockies lineup is a joke, how can you not be really good offensively playing in Coors?

Fucking Rail with his usual I hate life type comment.

Story ruins the story.

Fucking Rail with his usual I hate life type comment.
    Rail being Rail.

He rarely comes out of character.

Well he gave him 1 more batter then pulled him. These guys can go mental after losing a no hitter/perfect game this late.

Damn.

Was rooting for the kid.

I believe the Padres still have thrown zero no hitters in franchise history.

Quote Originally Posted by ejd_5277 View Post
    Damn.

Was rooting for the kid.

And Rail wants to marine layer them if they ever do lol.

EOG Dedicated

Damn.

Was rooting for the kid.

Correct, the Marlins have only been a franchise for 25 years, and they have like 5 or 6 no hitters
    All great genius encounters violent opposition from mediocre minds

Well he gave him 1 more batter then pulled him. These guys can go mental after losing a no hitter/perfect game this late.
    And with advanced metrics judging every pitch, why should pitchers exhibit the old-school characteristics of grit and determination?

Play the game the way your efforts are being graded, that's how you're paid nowadays.

EOG 500 Champion Dec. 2013

Quote Originally Posted by railbird View Post
    There's no marine layer in the daytime when the sun is out. The marine layer refers to the fog that rolls in off the ocean in the evening.
    Money lost gambling is twice as bad as money lost on something else..

There’s no marine layer in San Diego this afternoon, and regardless, there wasn’t one ball hit off Lyles where it would have made a difference anyway.

I don’t know who I feel more sorry for... you because you’re so abjectly miserable, or JK for constantly having to come up with excuses for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Paleface View Post
    There's no marine layer in the daytime when the sun is out. The marine layer refers to the fog that rolls in off the ocean in the evening.
    May Gray, it was worse at Qualcomm which is 30 miles inland.

Channeling my inner Javy:

If you truly are incapable of understanding that there’s NO FUCKING MARINE LAYER over Petco Park right now, then there’s nothing I can do to help you. I’m glad this came up though because you’ve now exposed yourself as one of the all time biggest idiots in forumville. Congrats.

Apparently JK sees something in you that the rest of us miss... I can’t for the life of me figure out what that is though.

Keep past-posting those winners...

nice to see the pitcher choke

Its a Catilina eddie

Off of point concepcion, I actually live here, I'm not an outsider, I'm also a former pitcher and golfer so know 1st hand

Estancia 6, Laguna Beach 3--Senior right-hander Jim Foley scattered five hits, struck out eight and walked five in recording the win for the Eagles at Laguna Beach. Foley also went 2 for 4 with two RBIs. Mike Naylor had a two-run homer for Estancia (3-1, 7-4) and Matt Hatfield was 2 for 3 with two doubles, two runs scored and one RBI.

I led orange county in doubles in 1985 ahead of jeff kent. ryan klesko and jt snow

EOG 500 Champion Dec. 2013

I led orange county in doubles in 1985 ahead of jeff kent. ryan klesko and jt snow
    I heard Jeff Kent is an a-hole. No wonder Barry Bonds choked his a$$ out in the dugout.
    Money lost gambling is twice as bad as money lost on something else..

Channeling my inner Javy:

If you truly are incapable of understanding that there’s NO FUCKING MARINE LAYER over Petco Park right now, then there’s nothing I can do to help you. I’m glad this came up though because you’ve now exposed yourself as one of the all time biggest idiots in forumville. Congrats.

Apparently JK sees something in you that the rest of us miss... I can’t for the life of me figure out what that is though.

Keep past-posting those winners...
    i dunno, sounds more like bigrunner

i disagree with railbird a lot but he's here because he posts a lot of insightful tips for several sports, especially west coast basketball and tennis, and a lot of people aren't pussies and can separate individual contributions from your dislike of a person in general

that being said, kris bryant does not deserve to get hit in the face with a pitch

Bells Beer Connoisseur FairWarning's Avatar

May Gray, it was worse at Qualcomm which is 30 miles in land.

Its a 10-15 minute drive tops from the Ocean.
    Michael Jordan isn't anywhere near as athletic as lebron James. Jordan wouldn't even be a top 20 athlete in the game right now in his prime. - Cleveland Homer Big Deemer
    -

I guess it went all downhill from there.

Quote Originally Posted by FairWarning View Post
    Its a 10-15 minute drive tops from the Ocean.
    Only 6.7 miles from SDCCU (Qualcom) Stadium to Sea World which is on Mission Bay. Sea World not much more than a mile from the beach.

I guess it went all downhill from there.
    Now he can't go for a casual walk without gasping for air.
    How you better than somebody? Cuz you said so? Naw man, don't work that way. Sun shine on everybody ass just the same. Get up off your chair and get some.

Captain Old Earl Johnson Natchez Miss.

I'd be mad at life too.
    How you better than somebody? Cuz you said so? Naw man, don't work that way. Sun shine on everybody ass just the same. Get up off your chair and get some.

Captain Old Earl Johnson Natchez Miss.

Glory Days....
    Everyone dies......but not everyone lives.....

If theres one things for certain on EOG these days... it will somehow relate to a cubs player/ex player, rails little league all star season, rails hate for everyone. Fun times and funny reads imo.
    Im fading Lyles asap Ive never seen even a inkling of him looking like he did today. If he was just sandbagging all these years Ill take my chances on finding out.

Quote Originally Posted by Drnkyourmlkshk View Post
    If theres one things for certain on EOG these days... it will somehow relate to a cubs player/ex player, rails little league all star season, rails hate for everyone. Fun times and funny reads imo.
    Im fading Lyles asap Ive never seen even a inkling of him looking like he did today. If he was just sandbagging all these years Ill take my chances on finding out.

Next start for Lyles is either Sunday afternoon in Pittsburgh or Monday night in Washington.