Perfect Game alert
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 35 of 38

Thread: Perfect Game alert

  1. #1

    Default Perfect Game alert

    Jordan Lyles (!!!!) through 7 at Petco.

    A model of efficiency as well. Pitch count only in the mid-70’s.

    This game is going to cost me 2 units and I really don’t care. It’s been a pleasure to watch so far.

  2. #2

    Default Re: Perfect Game alert

    Brayden11 also liked the Rockies today.

  3. #3

    Default Re: Perfect Game alert

    21 up, 21 down.

    If all goes according to plan, Lyles will face the 4-5-6 hitters in the eighth inning and 7-8-9 in the ninth.

  4. #4

    Default Re: Perfect Game alert

    I’ve always liked Lyles’ stuff in theory. He struggled in Houston and then took his next gig in Colorado and I feel that derailed any hope for his career.

  5. #5

    Default Re: Perfect Game alert

    I think I'd pull him right now after the single.

  6. #6

    Default Re: Perfect Game alert

    rooting against perfect game, marine layer makes it an askterisk anyway

  7. #7

    Default Re: Perfect Game alert

    Quote Originally Posted by raycabino View Post
    I think I'd pull him right now after the single.
    Rockies lineup is a joke, how can you not be really good offensively playing in Coors?

  8. #8

    Default Re: Perfect Game alert

    Fucking Rail with his usual I hate life type comment.

  9. #9

    Default Re: Perfect Game alert

    Story ruins the story.

  10. #10

    Default Re: Perfect Game alert

    Quote Originally Posted by raycabino View Post
    Fucking Rail with his usual I hate life type comment.
    Rail being Rail.

    He rarely comes out of character.

  11. #11

    Default Re: Perfect Game alert

    Well he gave him 1 more batter then pulled him. These guys can go mental after losing a no hitter/perfect game this late.

  12. #12

    Default Re: Perfect Game alert

    Damn.

    Was rooting for the kid.

    I believe the Padres still have thrown zero no hitters in franchise history.

  13. #13

    Default Re: Perfect Game alert

    Quote Originally Posted by ejd_5277 View Post
    Damn.

    Was rooting for the kid.

    I believe the Padres still have thrown zero no hitters in franchise history.
    And Rail wants to marine layer them if they ever do lol.

  14. #14
    EOG Dedicated
    Join Date
    Dec 17, 2014
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    9,891

    Default Re: Perfect Game alert

    Quote Originally Posted by ejd_5277 View Post
    Damn.

    Was rooting for the kid.

    I believe the Padres still have thrown zero no hitters in franchise history.
    Correct, the Marlins have only been a franchise for 25 years, and they have like 5 or 6 no hitters
    All great genius encounters violent opposition from mediocre minds

  15. #15

    Default Re: Perfect Game alert

    Quote Originally Posted by raycabino View Post
    Well he gave him 1 more batter then pulled him. These guys can go mental after losing a no hitter/perfect game this late.
    And with advanced metrics judging every pitch, why should pitchers exhibit the old-school characteristics of grit and determination?

    Play the game the way your efforts are being graded, that's how you're paid nowadays.

  16. #16
    EOG 500 Champion Dec. 2013
    Join Date
    Nov 12, 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    1,575

    Default Re: Perfect Game alert

    Quote Originally Posted by railbird View Post
    rooting against perfect game, marine layer makes it an askterisk anyway
    There's no marine layer in the daytime when the sun is out. The marine layer refers to the fog that rolls in off the ocean in the evening.
    Money lost gambling is twice as bad as money lost on something else..

  17. #17

    Default Re: Perfect Game alert

    Quote Originally Posted by railbird View Post
    rooting against perfect game, marine layer makes it an askterisk anyway
    There’s no marine layer in San Diego this afternoon, and regardless, there wasn’t one ball hit off Lyles where it would have made a difference anyway.

    I don’t know who I feel more sorry for... you because you’re so abjectly miserable, or JK for constantly having to come up with excuses for you.

  18. #18

    Default Re: Perfect Game alert

    Quote Originally Posted by Paleface View Post
    There's no marine layer in the daytime when the sun is out. The marine layer refers to the fog that rolls in off the ocean in the evening.
    May Gray, it was worse at Qualcomm which is 30 miles inland.

  19. #19

    Default Re: Perfect Game alert

    Channeling my inner Javy:

    If you truly are incapable of understanding that there’s NO FUCKING MARINE LAYER over Petco Park right now, then there’s nothing I can do to help you. I’m glad this came up though because you’ve now exposed yourself as one of the all time biggest idiots in forumville. Congrats.

    Apparently JK sees something in you that the rest of us miss... I can’t for the life of me figure out what that is though.

    Keep past-posting those winners...

  20. #20

    Default Re: Perfect Game alert

    nice to see the pitcher choke

  21. #21

    Default Re: Perfect Game alert

    Its a Catilina eddie

  22. #22

    Default Re: Perfect Game alert

    Off of point concepcion, I actually live here, I'm not an outsider, I'm also a former pitcher and golfer so know 1st hand

  23. #23

    Default Re: Perfect Game alert

    Estancia 6, Laguna Beach 3--Senior right-hander Jim Foley scattered five hits, struck out eight and walked five in recording the win for the Eagles at Laguna Beach. Foley also went 2 for 4 with two RBIs. Mike Naylor had a two-run homer for Estancia (3-1, 7-4) and Matt Hatfield was 2 for 3 with two doubles, two runs scored and one RBI.

  24. #24

    Default Re: Perfect Game alert

    I led orange county in doubles in 1985 ahead of jeff kent. ryan klesko and jt snow

  25. #25
    EOG 500 Champion Dec. 2013
    Join Date
    Nov 12, 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    1,575

    Default Re: Perfect Game alert

    Quote Originally Posted by railbird View Post
    I led orange county in doubles in 1985 ahead of jeff kent. ryan klesko and jt snow
    I heard Jeff Kent is an a-hole. No wonder Barry Bonds choked his a$$ out in the dugout.
    Money lost gambling is twice as bad as money lost on something else..

  26. #26

    Default Re: Perfect Game alert

    Quote Originally Posted by ejd_5277 View Post
    Channeling my inner Javy:

    If you truly are incapable of understanding that there’s NO FUCKING MARINE LAYER over Petco Park right now, then there’s nothing I can do to help you. I’m glad this came up though because you’ve now exposed yourself as one of the all time biggest idiots in forumville. Congrats.

    Apparently JK sees something in you that the rest of us miss... I can’t for the life of me figure out what that is though.

    Keep past-posting those winners...
    i dunno, sounds more like bigrunner

  27. #27

    Default Re: Perfect Game alert

    i disagree with railbird a lot but he's here because he posts a lot of insightful tips for several sports, especially west coast basketball and tennis, and a lot of people aren't pussies and can separate individual contributions from your dislike of a person in general

    that being said, kris bryant does not deserve to get hit in the face with a pitch

  28. #28
    Bells Beer Connoisseur FairWarning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 24, 2008
    Location
    Bridgman, Michigan, United States
    Posts
    14,674

    Default Re: Perfect Game alert

    Quote Originally Posted by railbird View Post
    May Gray, it was worse at Qualcomm which is 30 miles in land.

    Its a 10-15 minute drive tops from the Ocean.
    Michael Jordan isn't anywhere near as athletic as lebron James. Jordan wouldn't even be a top 20 athlete in the game right now in his prime. - Cleveland Homer Big Deemer
    -

  29. #29

    Default Re: Perfect Game alert

    Quote Originally Posted by railbird View Post
    I led orange county in doubles in 1985 ahead of jeff kent. ryan klesko and jt snow
    I guess it went all downhill from there.

  30. #30

    Default Re: Perfect Game alert

    Quote Originally Posted by FairWarning View Post
    Its a 10-15 minute drive tops from the Ocean.
    Only 6.7 miles from SDCCU (Qualcom) Stadium to Sea World which is on Mission Bay. Sea World not much more than a mile from the beach.

  31. #31

    Default Re: Perfect Game alert

    Quote Originally Posted by raycabino View Post
    I guess it went all downhill from there.
    Now he can't go for a casual walk without gasping for air.
    How you better than somebody? Cuz you said so? Naw man, don't work that way. Sun shine on everybody ass just the same. Get up off your chair and get some.

    Captain Old Earl Johnson Natchez Miss.

  32. #32

    Default Re: Perfect Game alert

    I'd be mad at life too.
    How you better than somebody? Cuz you said so? Naw man, don't work that way. Sun shine on everybody ass just the same. Get up off your chair and get some.

    Captain Old Earl Johnson Natchez Miss.

  33. #33

    Default Re: Perfect Game alert

    Quote Originally Posted by railbird View Post
    I led orange county in doubles in 1985 ahead of jeff kent. ryan klesko and jt snow
    Glory Days....
    Everyone dies......but not everyone lives.....

  34. #34

    Default Re: Perfect Game alert

    If theres one things for certain on EOG these days... it will somehow relate to a cubs player/ex player, rails little league all star season, rails hate for everyone. Fun times and funny reads imo.
    Im fading Lyles asap Ive never seen even a inkling of him looking like he did today. If he was just sandbagging all these years Ill take my chances on finding out.

  35. #35

    Default Re: Perfect Game alert

    Quote Originally Posted by Drnkyourmlkshk View Post
    If theres one things for certain on EOG these days... it will somehow relate to a cubs player/ex player, rails little league all star season, rails hate for everyone. Fun times and funny reads imo.
    Im fading Lyles asap Ive never seen even a inkling of him looking like he did today. If he was just sandbagging all these years Ill take my chances on finding out.

    Next start for Lyles is either Sunday afternoon in Pittsburgh or Monday night in Washington.



Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •