MLB 5/16
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MLB 5/16

Default MLB 5/16

Only the Rockies and Padres with the day off.

Rockies travel up the coast to play San Francisco in a four-game series beginning Thursday while the Padres travel from San Diego to Pittsburgh where they'll open up a four-game set with the Pirates on Thursday.

Texas and Seattle played an 11-inning game last night and now wheel back for an afternoon game at Safeco Field.

No Ichiro (retired), no Cano (suspended) and now no Nelson Cruz (foot injury) for the Mariners.

Colon v Bergman.

Default Re: MLB 5/16

In 2001, the Pittsburgh Pirates finished dead last in MLB with a .247 team batting average.

Today that .247 team average would rank them 5th in the National League and 16th out of the 30 MLB teams.

My, how times have changed...

STL is underpriced today in my opinion. Mikolas is best kept pitching secret so far. Lynn still struggling with lack of spring training prep and looks like he might not have kept in good condition before that.

I have a half and half play on STL for the game and first five

Fewer than 13 strikeouts per game in the year 2000.

This season, games are averaging more than 17 strikeouts per game.

It's not only okay to swing and miss, it's okay to strikeout if you're swinging from your heels.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    STL is underpriced today in my opinion. Mikolas is best kept pitching secret so far. Lynn still struggling with lack of spring training prep and looks like he might not have kept in good condition before that.

"Half and half," got it.

Two outcomes to be determined today in D.C., weather permitting.

At 5:05 p.m. ET, the Yankees and Nationals will attempt to complete yesterday's suspended game which was called after five-and-a-half innings with the score tied, 3-3.

No action yesterday on the runline or total, however wagers on the first five innings were graded.

Tonight's regularly scheduled game between the Yanks and Nats is scheduled to start at 7:05 p.m. ET.

Sabathia v Scherzer.

Default 5/16 MLB

Verlander and the Astros in Anaheim has to be the top game. Verlander is pitching as good now as ever. Lance Lynn facing his old team for the first time. And Brandon McCarthy coming off what has to be the two worst back to back starts by any pitcher this year. The Braves O is good, McCarthy is in horrible form, Chatwood issues too many walks, Cubs pen coming off 5 innings (thanks Yu) and the Braves closer just blew a save. It's either over or pass. Even at 9 1/2. Matt Harvey makes his second start for the Reds, and actually looked good in that first start. Dodgers are now down 17 units on the road this year.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, Valuist.

I thought Twins/Cards was one of the more interesting games. It's Lynn first start vs his old team. There's a few guys like Fowler and Ozuna who've faced him before but I have to think he may have an edge on the other Cardinals, watching them the past few years. Lynn's problem has been severe wildness. But the Twins are a different team with Buxton patrolling CF.

Guys like Scherzer amp it up a bit for big games and that’s what I see Scherzer doing tonight. NATS with only .673 against LHP this year and I like CC i this spot. My biggest concern is an extended first game with pen use but I still like under 7.5

Last week, Dylan Bundy had one of the worst starts in history. Here's Brandon McCarthy's numbers in his last 2:

8 1/3 innings
    23 hits
    14 earned runs
    game scores: 5,10 (Fangraphs) 5,22 (ESPN)

Against the Yankees or Houston? Nope. The Marlins and Giants.

EOG Dedicated

Can the Dodgers find enough hits to win ?

i'm making a fortune fading the white sox

shoulda thought of this earlier, it's not even necessarily the players, just the culture.
    Cubs win it all

Most profitable team Atlanta +1280, most profitable SP Julio Teheran +619.

Least profitable White Sox -1423, Jose Urena -900.

All teams

https://www.oddsshark.com/mlb/standings

Pitchers

https://www.oddsshark.com/mlb/pitcher-money-won

https://www.oddsshark.com/stats/pitc...t/baseball/mlb
    How you better than somebody? Cuz you said so? Naw man, don't work that way. Sun shine on everybody ass just the same. Get up off your chair and get some.

Captain Old Earl Johnson Natchez Miss.

Braves are a good team

Lots of power up and down lineup

Freeman bad luck monster though, this is about the time when he gets hurt in some fluke injury
    Cubs win it all

Quote Originally Posted by JavyBaez9 View Post
    Braves are a good team

Lots of power up and down lineup

Freeman bad luck monster though, this is about the time when he gets hurt in some fluke injury
    Braves are not far away at all from becoming NL version of Astros-their young nucleus of position players coupled with all of the Great arms they have on the farm is going to be scary good

Freeman more total bases than Rizzo -120

Freeman more total bases than Rizzo -120
    Chatwood hard to square up and he walks everyone, this one is a bit against your typical logic but good luck nevertheless. Rizzo hasn't been himself yet.
    Cubs win it all

Cubs hitting McCarthy very hard but can't find a gap.

As I speak Rizzo hits a scorcher at 2B.
    Cubs win it all

Man the cubs are bad

They cannot catchup to McCarthys incredible 93 mph fastball, with no movement

^ John do troll posts like the one above contribute to the EOG place in the new gambling climate coming?
    Cubs win it all

MLB network digging into Baez and how selfish a hitter he is. I agree

EOG Dedicated

dodgers ...............

Quote Originally Posted by choslamshe View Post
    Says the pathological cunt

MLB thread hijacked by a troll who does nothing but insult and attack in good gambling threads

This is the 4th time in the last 7 days Cho has hijacked the MLB thread with unprovoked trolling and personal attacks.

Sad.

Truly sad.

John, step up and ban cho. He just lives for the trolling. Last 500 posts has about 3 that contribute to a sports/gambling discussion.
    Cubs win it all

I'm allowed to my opinions. Cubs playing pathetically tonight.

Now posting unprovoked personal info in the MLB thread

John, you going to spend your life slaving away deleting his posts or just ban him?
    Cubs win it all

Quote Originally Posted by cheapseats View Post
    dodgers ...............

Biggest moneyburners in MLB this season.

After tonight's loss in Miami, daily supporters of the Dodgers are stuck 29 units over the first month-and-a-half of the season.

Cubs finally find some grass on these scorched liners. Another great at bat by Kris Bryant, he's been on fire over the last week or so.
    Cubs win it all

Quote Originally Posted by JavyBaez9 View Post
    i'm making a fortune fading the white sox

shoulda thought of this earlier, it's not even necessarily the players, just the culture.
    Feel free to start pre posting some MLB plays to share in the fortune.

Quote Originally Posted by John Kelly View Post
    Biggest moneyburners in MLB this season.

After tonight's loss in Miami, daily supporters of the Dodgers are stuck 29 units over the first month-and-a-half of the season.

Amateur hour itt calling games in the fifth inning smh

2K's and a GIDP.

Come on guy.
    How you better than somebody? Cuz you said so? Naw man, don't work that way. Sun shine on everybody ass just the same. Get up off your chair and get some.

Captain Old Earl Johnson Natchez Miss.

Quote Originally Posted by Scooper View Post
    Amateur hour itt calling games in the fifth inning smh
    Should have phrased it better.

I'll be more careful moving forward.

Here's hoping ComptrBob doesn't pile on.

Quote Originally Posted by billysink View Post
    2K's and a GIDP.

Come on guy.
    It was a no doubt HR if I’ve ever seen one
    Cubs win it all

The pitching coach for the Cubs has got to go......he is not getting through to his staff....or maybe the Cub pitchers are overrated....who knows?!
    Everyone dies......but not everyone lives.....

Cubs were good for a year. Love it.