EOG's Grand Challenge presented by BetDSI (RDALERT447 is playing the races) - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: EOG's Grand Challenge presented by BetDSI (RDALERT447 is playing the races)

Default Re: EOG's Grand Challenge presented by BetDSI (RDALERT447 is playing the races)

Amount invested: $40.00

Amount returned: $11.20

Default Re: EOG's Grand Challenge presented by BetDSI (RDALERT447 is playing the races)

Play 21

Parx race 6
    $2 WIN #7 Dudes Rockin Lady 15-1
    Another new entrant to the Aro barn and those have been running well. Cutting back to a sprint off a speed/fade effort. Hoping the speed holds in the mud.

Quote Originally Posted by rdalert447 View Post
    Play 21

Parx race 6
    $2 WIN #7 Dudes Rockin Lady 15-1
    Another new entrant to the Aro barn and those have been running well. Cutting back to a sprint off a speed/fade effort. Hoping the speed holds in the mud.

Finished fifth at odds of 13/1.

Amount invested: $42.00

Play 22

Parx race 5
    $2 Win #10 Sugar Train 20-1

Another new entrant to the Aro barn via Pino.

Order of finish: 3-5-11-10.

Play 23

Belmont race 6
    $2 Win #1 Mr Pete 15-1
    I don’t expect the horse to regain its 2 year old form, but my goodness what a drop off from 2017 to 2018. Running competitively in Stakes races last year, comes back this year available for $80k, then $30k, and now $25k today. Lezcano gets back on after a so so race at $80k so that opened my eyes a bit. Need some fractions up front and a slight improvement from Mr Pete. Dicey pick but Ryerson usually pops one or two at Belmont Summer, and I find myself in a dicey position....

Owner won’t be able to give that horse away.

Play 24

Belmont race 9
    $2 Win #12 Courageous Change 10-1

My old fave. Ferraro off the quick wheelback....

Play 24

Belmont race 9

Post time is set for 5:50 p.m. ET.

Fear not. I just signed a "Letter of Intent" to win.

Play 24

Belmont race 9

A $40 horse today in the Belmont finale.

Unfortunately, it wasn't RD's selection.

Courageous Change finished seventh at odds of 16/1.

Ten years ago, I used to play Serpe religiously. He was a ten percenter with plus ROI. Now he’s an eight percenter with negative ROI.

Play 25

Belmont race 9
    $2 Win #6 Bartlett’s Mark 10-1

I’ll try this horse again from Ryerson. Hopefully the speed holds this time.

Nothing but mandatories left after this....

Order of finish: 5-7-9.

Five bullets left.

Good luck rd...belmont a tough circuit....big fields ...

Amount invested: $50.00

I don't have to instruct RD to "Go deep!"

Thanks, guys. I’m running the numbers through my Mattel Horse Race Analyzer now.

Play 26

Belmont Race 2

$2 WIN #4 Here Comes Tommy 15-1

Comes off a four month layof, and has a case of second and third-itis, BUT has run well on the Belmont turf in a small handful of attempts, including a maiden breaker here way back when. While looking through its PP’s, I was surprised by how little Morrison had tried turf with him. I guess that’s a by product of Morrison having more of an Aqueduct level string. Luzzi up would usually be a negative but the guy’s riding great this meet. Plus any time Asmussen is a fave here on turf, I gotta get involved.

Not much out of that one. I got excited when I saw the fractions. See you tomorrow.

Per contest rules, RD has four selections left and the selections must come on the following dates: June 17, 23, 24 and 30.

Amount invested: $52.00

Play 27

Belmont race 7

$2 WIN #2 Starry Messenger 30-1
    I’m a sucker for these Mid Atlantic guys shipping in. Horse stepping up to Allowance level but dropping back in with NY BREDS for the first time in a while. Sometimes they send him, sometimes they stalk. Hoping today they fire out and let the chips fall where they may. He’s got a couple of good speed effforts buried here and there.

Ran great, no complaints. See you next week.

I thought you had a shot when #9 didn't go with him....
    The art of learning is learning who to ignore ~LeAnn Rimes

Me too.

Play 27

Belmont race 7

$2 WIN #2 Starry Messenger 30-1
    I’m a sucker for these Mid Atlantic guys shipping in. Horse stepping up to Allowance level but dropping back in with NY BREDS for the first time in a while. Sometimes they send him, sometimes they stalk. Hoping today they fire out and let the chips fall where they may. He’s got a couple of good speed effforts buried here and there.

Another good "speed effort" from Starry Messenger.

Biggest price in the race (58-1) finished third, beaten a little more than a length while finishing third.

RD's longshot paid $14.60 to show.

Interesting to note: The last three flashes of the toteboard showed Starry Messenger go from 38-1 to 42-1 to 58-1, highlighting all the late money in the win pool over the final minute or two of wagering.

Amount invested: $54.00

Three bullets left.

Per the contest rules, the selections will be submitted June 23, June 24 and June 30.

Got today’s pick narrowed down to 12 horses. I’m praying for 11 scratches.

Best of luck RD. You got 4 bullets left to make it happen, pop one today.

Thanks, Brayden. Only 3 left, though.

Play 28

Belmont race 8
    $2 Win #1a Adventist 20-1
    Horse has had its greatest success in dirt routes, yet the last few owners had it going on turf at various distances for some reason. Third start off claim for Persaud, but first time going long on dirt for the trainer. Hopefully that was the game plan all along regarding the claim. Persaud and the rest of his Guyanese connections like Uriah St Lewis, Guyana Rocky Stable, and Trin Brook Stable are extremely tricky and it’s very hard to pin down when or where they’re gonna blow it up. But if you time it right, they can really make your year with some of the ridiculous prices they put over. Hard to believe these guys make their money as owners or trainers, so I suspect they stay in business by hammering the huge bombs.