EOG's Grand Challenge presented by BetDSI (EJD_5277 is our June contestant) - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: EOG's Grand Challenge presented by BetDSI (EJD_5277 is our June contestant)

Default Re: EOG's Grand Challenge presented by BetDSI (EJD_5277 is our June contestant)

Play #5:

903 COL/CIN OVER 8.5 -108 @ Pinnacle (Freeland/DeSclafani)

Not much time for a super detailed write up. Colorado’ staff (both starters and pen) have had their asses handed to them the past week, and Freeland hasn’t looked good the last few starts, regardless of venue.

On the other side, it’s DeSclafani’s first start of the year. How long does he realistically stay in the game?

It was between this game and the OVER in San Fran with Bum’s return. Let’s hope I picked right.

BOL to all.

Default Re: EOG's Grand Challenge presented by BetDSI (EJD_5277 is our June contestant)

Final score: Colorado 9 Cincinnati 6.

Great call by EJD.

It's early but with a record of 3-2, he's on pace to conquer the Challenge.

Play #6:

951 Atlanta -107 @ Pinnacle (Foltyniewicz/Strahm)

Game goes in about 30 minutes. 2:40PM Pacifc

I’m going to try again with the Braves. Foltyniewicz has really only had one bad start all year, that being against the Giants on May 4th. Every other start he’s given up 2 earned runs or less. He can be all over the place at times, which leads to high pitch counts and relatively short outings, but against a free-swinging team like the Padres I think he gets them to chase a number of balls out of the zone on getaway day.

Strahm hasn’t given us much of a sample size, but 9 walks in 12.1 IP is a concern. This is basically a bullpen game for the Padres and needless to say they’re a bit beat up after last night.

BOL to all.

Final score: Padres 3 Braves 1.

EJD falls to 3-3 after six plays in June.

The goal is 60%, not 50%.

Play #7:

913 DET/BOS OVER 9.5 -102 @ Pinnacle (Boyd/Beeks)

Most Vegas ships dealing O9.5 -115.

Jalen Beeks gets a spot start for the big league club today and he’s posting an insane strikeout rate in the minors. (I think 80 in 56.2 innings) He doesn’t look to me like he has the kind of stuff that will translate well to the show though. His fastball only tops out in the low 90’s and I think he’s going to find that big league hitters aren’t going to be as apt to chase his breaking pitches out of the zone.

Boyd has largely been solid but did get knocked around a bit in his last start and the Boston offense is just mashing right now. They really haven’t missed a beat without Betts.

Also FWIW, wind blowing out to left at Fenway tonight.

BOL to all.

Quote Originally Posted by John Kelly View Post
    Final score: Padres 3 Braves 1.

EJD falls to 3-3 after six plays in June.

The goal is 60%, not 50%.
    John, I hit 57% over three attempts which is more impressive than somebody hitting 60% in one month.

I'm clearly the best EOG has.

Maybe ComptrBob can tally up my record in all of EOG's featured challenges.

Gonna be a long month if Birdman ran through his meds by the 7th of June.....

Quote Originally Posted by rdalert447 View Post
    Gonna be a long month if Birdman ran through his meds by the 7th of June.....

Nurse, NURSE, NURRRRSE!!!

EOG Dedicated

Railbird EOG Grand Challenge record:

Date W L T Pct%
    Feb-14 17 13 0 56.7%
    Sep-17 15 12 2 55.6%
    May-18 14 11 4 56.0%

Total 46 36 6 56.1%

Nicely done, Birdie.

And thanks for your recordkeeping, Bob.

Quote Originally Posted by railbird View Post
    John, I hit 57% over three attempts which is more impressive than somebody hitting 60% in one month.

I'm clearly the best EOG has.

Maybe ComptrBob can tally up my record in all of EOG's featured challenges.
    The Best have all won the challenge...you choked three times down the stretch....we call that a gagger....
    Everyone dies......but not everyone lives.....

VD is relentless.

And funny.

Absolutely brutal. The game pretty much went just like I drew it up. I suspected from watching some video that Beeks’ stuff wasn’t going to translate well to the bigs, particularly against a righty-heavy lineup like Detroit’s. He gives up 6 in the first 3 innings, Sox load the bases with less than 2 out in both the 2nd and 8th, and I can’t get there.

Tough loss, EJD.

Shake it off.

EJD's current record is 3-4.

Play #8:

961 ARI/COL OVER 11 +103 @ Pinnacle (Greinke/Marquez)

Game goes at 6;40 local time/5:40 Pacific.

No time for a detailed write up today.

BOL to all.

The opening odds start here jimmythegreek's Avatar

Does it work like the Hall? After so many attempts?

Quote Originally Posted by jimmythegreek View Post
    Does it work like the Hall? After so many attempts?
    I don’t understand the question...

Quote Originally Posted by ejd_5277 View Post
    Play #8:

961 ARI/COL OVER 11 +103 @ Pinnacle (Greinke/Marquez)

Game goes at 6;40 local time/5:40 Pacific.

No time for a detailed write up today.

BOL to all.

Final score: Arizona 9 Colorado 4.

EJD evens his record at 4-4.

Play #9:

916 Toronto -109 @ Pinnacle (Gausman/Sanchez)

Game goes at 1:05 PM local time/10:05 AM Pacific.

Kevin Gausman has, after being rather dependable for most of the season, been rocked in his last 2 starts to the tune of 12 ER in 8 innings, and the Orioles have struggled mightily offensively in the last 2 weeks.

Sanchez is no bargain either, though 2 of his last 3 starts have been excellent.

This opened TOR -128 at Westgate last night and Baltimore has taken massive money. I honestly have no idea why, and I’ll take my chances here.

BOL to all today.

Final score: Toronto 4 Baltimore 3 (10).

EJD improves to 5-4.

EOG Dedicated

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe railbird is the only person to go 0 for 3 in the grand challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by yisman View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe railbird is the only person to go 0 for 3 in the grand challenge.

Uh oh.

Play #10:

959 ARI/COL OVER 12 +102 @ Pinnacle
    (Godley/Freeland)

Game goes at 1:10 local time/12:10 Pacific.

As if the elevation wasn’t enough, now add extreme heat. Should be in the upper 90’s at first pitch and it may very well touch 100 at some point during the game. This has the effect of stretching out the atmospheric column even more; the coefficient of friction of a 98-degree parcel of air at 5,280 feet is approximately equivalent to a room temperature parcel of air at 7,230 feet.

Translation: routine fly balls will become home runs today at Coors, just as they have the past 2 days in similar conditions. Throw in a broken-out-of-his-funk Goldschmidt against a lefty, a recently mediocre Zack Godley, and that Colorado pen, and you get a recipe for fireworks at Coors this afternoon.

UNDER is taking money as we speak and I have no idea why.

BOL to all today.

Final score: Arizona 8 Colorado 3.

EJD could not overcome the game's first five innings which saw Arizona score the game's only run.

The in-game total after five innings was 5.5.

Here's hoping EJD jumped on the OVER at that point.

After 10 days of the Challenge, EJD's record is 5-5.

Play #11:

911 Toronto -104 @ Pinnacle (Gaviglio/Yarbrough)

I’m pretty uninspired by the card today, but we’ll take a shot here. Gaviglio has been mostly effective in his 4 starts this year, and the league is showing signs of starting to figure out Ryan Yarbrough (who, I should mention, is actually STARTING tonight as opposed to coming in in the 2nd inning.)

Toronto will send 6 right handed batters and 3 switch hitters to the plate tonight in Tampa against a team playing awful baseball at the moment.

BOL to all.

Final score: Tampa Bay 8 Toronto 4.

EJD falls to 5-6.

Play #12:

951 COL/PHI OVER 7 +102 @ Pinnacle (Gray/Nola)

Write up to follow a bit later.

Play #12:

First pitch is 7:05 p.m. ET.

Good luck, EJD.

Play #12:

This was probably a mistake in hindsight, as for contest purposes a push is as good as a loss for me at this point, and I can’t afford many more of those.

But alas...

Aaron Nola has been lights-out at home so far this year, but Jon Gray has been mediocre at best in road games and this is really my continued fading of the Colorado pen, which is an absolute dumpster fire (as is Philly’s if we’re being honest and it ever gets to that point.)

This opened 7.5 u-20 at most shops and for a total already that low to move a full half run lower means that I’m clearly on the un-sexy side here. Phillies or Phillies -1.5 wasn’t an option though and even a day of rest isn’t going to get either bullpen in order.

BOL to all this evening.

Phillies pen wound up giving it up....

#whateverworks

Play #12:

Final score: Phillies 5 Rockies 4.

EJD evens his mark at 6-6.

Play #13:

911 SDP/STL OVER 8.5 -105 @ Pinnacle (Lauer/Weaver)

Game goes at 7:15 PM local time/5:15 PM Pacific.

This is juiced OVER almost everywhere in Vegas, MGM being the exception.

Eric Lauer is the weak link in the Padres rotation, and Luke Weaver has been prettty average for the Cards lately. I like the right-handed pop for the Cards in this matchup (particularly Jose Martinez and Tommy Pham.) I also think Jankowski and Hosmer can do some solid damage at the top of the Padres lineup tonight.

Should be a good night to hit in St. Louis also. Warm and typically humid.

BOL to all today.

Final score: Padres 4 Cardinals 2.

EJD falls to 6-7.