World Cup Thread - Page 7
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: World Cup Thread

Default Re: World Cup Thread

Gotta love the instrumental piece in the Uruguay anthem before any words are sung... Almost as good as the player intros to the white stripes
    If you ain't shopping you ain't trying

Chadli starting, Mertens on the bench for Belgium. Kompany also in the starting lineup. Leaning over but no bet, will just enjoy this one.

in non world cup news, Gianluigi Buffon signed with PSG this morning. Have to wonder what this does for Areola's career.

Goon wins again. Shocking

No South American teams left

TYVM Morgan William!!! winkyduck's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Viejo Dinosaur View Post
    I have Sweden to advance...I think England tanked against Belgium to get into an easier bracket....I hope Sweden makes them pay...
    ..........and when it comes to the women of both countries - Sweden. Easy. Then again Brazil >>>> Belgium while France and Uruguay that was a PUSH. As for the other game: Russia > Croatia
    The mind is a terrible thing to waste unless we are talking about the MORONS who post at Covers where the collective Sports Gambling IQ for the ENTIRE site is.................4!!! and even that might be too high

From the mayor of Bruxelles

Passing today... Rooting for Sweden and Croatia but no value.

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkenGoon View Post
    From the mayor of Bruxelles

Nice picture, Goon. Loved that game:

* What a run by Lukaku to set up the DeBruyne goal. If that's Neymar, surely he dives at mid-field and makes believe his leg is broken.

Very entertaining Russia Croatia match.

England +141 over Croatia

B2B PK games for Croatia, as well as battling injuries, and now a lonnnnng flight after the game to the next one.
    The mind is a terrible thing to waste unless we are talking about the MORONS who post at Covers where the collective Sports Gambling IQ for the ENTIRE site is.................4!!! and even that might be too high

Quote Originally Posted by winkyduck View Post
    England +141 over Croatia

B2B PK games for Croatia, as well as battling injuries, and now a lonnnnng flight after the game to the next one.
    Sochi to Moscow flight 2:05
    Samara to Moscow flight 1:35

Quote Originally Posted by SpottedCow View Post
    Very entertaining Russia Croatia match.

I was in the lobby of the MGM Grand Hotel in Las Vegas this past Saturday watching the final moments of the World Cup soccer match between Russia and Croatia.

The Croatians were in town to root for Stipe Miocic, the son of Croatian immigrants, and the MGM accommodated the huge crowd by showing the soccer match on the big-screen televisions behind the front desk.

The crowd loved the results of the afternoon soccer match a lot more than they liked the shocking outcome in the main event of UFC 226.

Underdog Daniel Cormier knocked out Miocic in the first round.

France/Belgium OVER 2.25 -118 1 unit

France/Belgium OVER 2.25 -118 1 unit
    I'll try O2.5 +115

England UP 1-0 and have waaaaay tooooooo many chances to get a 2nd - or even 3rd - and KILL the game. They failed to do so and as we see so often in sports - you fail to take advantage of quality scoring chances - you will regret that.

Pathetic. Not a single shot on goal other than the free kick goal.

Or kick on goal as it were.

I can't quantify this impact, nor do I have base-rate PRs to apply it to, but ... Croatia has played an extra 90 minutes of soccer en route to the final, which obviously is equal to a whole extra game, AND is playing with a day less rest. I lean France.

Quote Originally Posted by pokerjoe View Post
    I can't quantify this impact, nor do I have base-rate PRs to apply it to, but ... Croatia has played an extra 90 minutes of soccer en route to the final, which obviously is equal to a whole extra game, AND is playing with a day less rest. I lean France.
    winky constantly makes this mistake, it means nothing.

How can you have a draw in a final? Is it just the score in regulation including added time?

Quote Originally Posted by Heim View Post
    How can you have a draw in a final? Is it just the score in regulation including added time?
    yes, england was a draw today, i cashed that +210

Quote Originally Posted by railbird View Post
    extra on court time in tennis, 4 games in 5days basketball, all means nothing.

Belgium -144 to win 3rd place over England 1 unit (ET, PKSO included)

I really wanted to play over in the 3rd place game, the game always goes over, last time it went under was 1974, was willing to bet it over 2.5 -140 but at over 3 +102 or over 2.5 -157 I have to pass.

While both teams are crushed after the SF's, I like the leadership and experience on Belgium much more than on England. We will see plenty of turnover in this game and the Belgian depth is better that then English depth, not that the group stage match between these two can be treated as any kind of indication. England overachieved to get here, Belgium didn't, I think the Belgian will play with a chip on their shoulder while the English will just go through the motions.

HOW DO YOU DO , BABY...........CROATIA............BISH

Quote Originally Posted by bishqqq View Post
    GOTTA GO w/ my boys...........CROATIA.....$100 to win $3030.......pinny
    YESSSSSSSS..........CROATIA............BABY

Belgium -144 to win 3rd place over England 1 unit (ET, PKSO included)

I really wanted to play over in the 3rd place game, the game always goes over, last time it went under was 1974, was willing to bet it over 2.5 -140 but at over 3 +102 or over 2.5 -157 I have to pass.

While both teams are crushed after the SF's, I like the leadership and experience on Belgium much more than on England. We will see plenty of turnover in this game and the Belgian depth is better that then English depth, not that the group stage match between these two can be treated as any kind of indication. England overachieved to get here, Belgium didn't, I think the Belgian will play with a chip on their shoulder while the English will just go through the motions.
    England didn't over achieve they had a dream draw, Belgium overacheived

No, it doesn't "mean nothing." It's just one variable, and may well be priced in, but it's absolutely ridiculous to think it means "nothing."

Quote Originally Posted by pokerjoe View Post
    No, it doesn't "mean nothing." It's just one variable, and may well be priced in, but it's absolutely ridiculous to think it means "nothing."
    every thing technically means something, is usually priced in and usually bet, its better to bet on the fake tired team for this reason or fade the people thinking like this.

yes, england was a draw today, i cashed that +210
    Another past post winner.

It is abuse to make Belgium and England play for 3rd. Have an All Star game or something with the best players from eliminated teams. No reason to play for 3rd place.

Quote Originally Posted by Dell Dude View Post
    It is abuse to make Belgium and England play for 3rd. Have an All Star game or something with the best players from eliminated teams. No reason to play for 3rd place.
    Somebody has to get those participation medals at the end of it, might as well play for them.

England didn't over achieve they had a dream draw, Belgium overacheived
    I am sure they are overaching from something France laid on them, but not from overachieving.

Belgium was easily the most entertaining side in the tournament, but that side usually doesn't win the tournament. As far as I can remember Brazil 1982, Denmark 1986, Cameroon 1990, Romania 1994, France 2006, Dutch 2010 all played exciting, attacking style and looked capable of beating anyone but in the end a more pragmatic side took them out.

Only France in 1998, Brazil in 2002 and Germany in 2014 managed to pull it off by playing the game the right way.

EOG Dedicated

Croatia with two goals in the first 30 minutes.

One on their own net, though.
    Satan time is short

LB France -147 to win WC @ 1-1, 33' 1 unit

EOG Dedicated

Quote Originally Posted by Heim View Post
    always a draw available in soccer because unlike the nonsensical rules for American sports, soccer bets are for 90 minutes+injury time

if there's "extra time" (Americans would say overtime), that does not count for the regular bets, only the 'to advance' bets.
    Satan time is short