Miguel Cabrera Done For 2018

Thread: Miguel Cabrera Done For 2018

Default Miguel Cabrera Done For 2018

The question is, "Does it matter?"
    The art of learning is learning who to ignore ~LeAnn Rimes

TYVM Morgan William!!! winkyduck's Avatar

Default Re: Miguel Cabrera Done For 2018.

Quote Originally Posted by Heim View Post
    The question is does it matter?
    NO

I said at the time this was a STUPID deal and nothing I have seen since shows I was wrong.

GUARANTEED at least $30M the next 5 seasons with it being $32M in 2022 and 2023 when he will be 39 and 40 . And there is now way he will last that long but he does have vesting option for 2024 and 2025 for $30M/season with an $8M buyout otherwise

This was a bad deal at the time and right now it is making the Chris Davis deal look decent
    The mind is a terrible thing to waste unless we are talking about the MORONS who post at Covers where the collective Sports Gambling IQ for the ENTIRE site is.................4!!! and even that might be too high

Default Re: Miguel Cabrera Done For 2018.

Quote Originally Posted by winkyduck View Post
    NO

I said at the time this was a STUPID deal and nothing I have seen since shows I was wrong.

GUARANTEED at least $30M the next 5 seasons with it being $32M in 2022 and 2023 when he will be 39 and 40 . And there is now way he will last that long but he does have vesting option for 2024 and 2025 for $30M/season with an $8M buyout otherwise

This was a bad deal at the time and right now it is making the Chris Davis deal look decent
    Lol. What superstar HR hitting, run producing power hitter doesn’t get a contract like this when on top of his game and the league for more than a couple years.

Bells Beer Connoisseur FairWarning's Avatar

Default Re: Miguel Cabrera Done For 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Bushay View Post
    Lol. What superstar HR hitting, run producing power hitter doesn’t get a contract like this when on top of his game and the league for more than a couple years.
    One that has a history of injury problems? Few get that. illich rewarded Miggy with this last contract and screwed the franchise at the same time.

What about all the rice miggy ate ?

scumbag cal ripken couldn't carry Cabrerra jockstrap

Quote Originally Posted by railbird View Post
    scumbag cal ripken couldn't carry Cabrerra jockstrap
    Your obsession for Ripken is unhealthy.

I dont give a shot about ripken, the sport writers kissed his ass, ripken was a fake hero

A serious injury from simply swinging the bat doesn't bode well, does it?

That's kinda like old people who get hurt getting out of bed.

Best hitter of 21 st century

If he was in la or hyme town they would kiss his ass, ohtani and kershaw were vixtims of the slider

Pretty close. He came in drunk one game for Marlins thinking he wasn't in the lineup & hit 3 homeruns.

I thought you didn’t care for the Latin or Spanish speaking ball players?

This seems like breaking news.

MLB Network was interviewing Cabrera a couple weeks ago and asked him about launch angle. He knew nothing about it, but he did say he tries to get his hands into position at impact where his left palm is facing upward. Cabrera is so strong, he can basically swing without using his hips or legs much, and hit with power, even to the opposite field. But I can see where that positioning of the hands could put extra torque on the upper arm. And apparently it did.

I dont give a shot about ripken, the sport writers kissed his ass, ripken was a fake hero
    Obviously you do care about what Ripken does, you bring him up in a thread totally unrelated to Cal. If you are worrying about whether a sports star is a hero or not, you’re doing life wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Valuist View Post
    MLB Network was interviewing Cabrera a couple weeks ago and asked him about launch angle. He knew nothing about it, but he did say he tries to get his hands into position at impact where his left palm is facing upward. Cabrera is so strong, he can basically swing without using his hips or legs much, and hit with power, even to the opposite field. But I can see where that positioning of the hands could put extra torque on the upper arm. And apparently it did.
    A lot like Kirk Gibson.

EOG Dedicated

Arguably the worst contract of all time because Miggy wasn't a free agent.

The Tigers had him for two more years and rather than waiting and seeing how his health and production were, the Tigers decided to just give him that extension. It's not like his value would've gone up had they waited.
    Satan time is short

Cabrera is a great hitter who happens to hit with power. It seems like most young hitters come up with one approach (swing from their heels) and since they've been able to overwhelm weak pitching at lower levels, they never had to adjust or learn how to hit (how to hit with 2 strikes, how to go the opposite way etc). And then they get upset when the defense shifts.