Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are Blacks really "better athletes?"

Default Are Blacks really "better athletes?"

I was watching a Bill Burr stand-up special and he talked a little bit about this... in a joking way, of course. But, it got me thinking on how often I've heard said that Blacks dominate sports. It seems like a fallacy to me. Maybe I'm completely wrong

Blacks dominate Basketball, Football and Track. There's some representation in Boxing, Baseball and Soccer... but there are plenty of Latinos and Whites in those sports, too. Most of soccer is White.

And, besides any exceptions, they aren't really found in...

Hockey
    Cycling
    Tennis
    Gymnastics
    Surfing
    Wrestling
    Swimming
    Golf
    Racing
    Weightlifting
    Outdoor Sports

Thoughts?

Default Re: Are Blacks really "better athletes?"

a lot of the sports either cost a lot of money to play (tennis, racing, hockey, cycling, golf)...or there is no money to make by participating in (weightlifting).

I'd say Blackies are above average athletes when compared to other races.

yes

Yes they are definitely better athletes as a whole. No question about it.

Blacks could play hockey, swim, golf etc if there was the interest. Also money is a factor in a lot of cases as roach pointed out. Blacks are becoming more common in the hockey at high levels. The Subban family alone has three great hockey players that will all be + players in the NHL.

More money to be made in basketball and football though and they take better advantage of their speed and athleticism.

I hate to even say it, but yes they are.

As horrible as it is, I suspect its partially due to selective breeding with slaves to make them stronger to be more effective workers.

Direct descendants of Africa (both black and white) are more likely to have more fast twitch muscle fibers.

Take a look at the olympics, many predominately 'white' countries have a disproportionate number of black athletes representing them.

I'm sure there are arguments for both them not being 'better' athletes or being 'the same' as white athletes but I just don't see it.
    www.brokedickfucksports.com

GET SOME!

Salad!

Quote Originally Posted by tripp View Post
    Yes they are definitely better athletes as a whole. No question about it.

Blacks could play hockey, swim, golf etc if there was the interest. Also money is a factor in a lot of cases as roach pointed out. Blacks are becoming more common in the hockey at high levels. The Subban family alone has three great hockey players that will all be + players in the NHL.

More money to be made in basketball and football though and they take better advantage of their speed and athleticism.
    The economic disadvantage is a good point.

yup slave gene

Yes and I have no problem saying it BUT.....Why do White atheletes get dissed all the time? How many are in the NBA or NFL and MLB? so if Blacks are so far and away better then Whites in sports how do Whites even make the team?

Blacks will say racisim but I will say it's because Whites are taught at an early age that they are inferior to the Black's in sports so why even bother to show up, but when the one's who do show up and don't buy into the BS that Blacks are better are the one's who make it...

Yes I took both sides of the disscussion....
    You better back it up.....You better back it up.....You better back it up...I'll hit ya....I'll hit ya.....I'll hit ya

i say mexicans

no. some of them run faster but thats about it. they are for sure less coordianted, there is none in tennis or golf, not because of the money but those sports you earn it on merit and not handed to you like in football.

look at Donald Young, Simmons, those guys can never win. No black golfers. No black pitchers

Golfers aren't athletes.

most lifeguards are white

end of discussion

"A Bush in the hand is better than two in the house"

sure they are better, they are closer to nature.

Food & Beverage Chairman Doughboy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by joeybagadonuts View Post
    I hate to even say it, but yes they are.

As horrible as it is, I suspect its partially due to selective breeding with slaves to make them stronger to be more effective workers.

Direct descendants of Africa (both black and white) are more likely to have more fast twitch muscle fibers.

Take a look at the olympics, many predominately 'white' countries have a disproportionate number of black athletes representing them

I'm sure there are arguments for both them not being 'better' athletes or being 'the same' as white athletes but I just don't see it.
    Good points, Joey.

I do not understand, however, why some African countries get annihilated in soccer by European or South American countries featuring few, if any, black players. One would think that shouldn't happen.

You should ask Jimmy the Greek! Even though he was drunk when he was interviewed....and got fired for his comments....his reasoning was really well thought out. I really don't think there was anything "racial" about his comments. He was just expressing his thoughts about why blacks were better athletes!

All black athletes were better than Rail during his glory days....Rail never made it......

EOG Member
    Blog Entries

NO!

Lemonade Maker

I forget who put forth this, but it was interesting, and I am parapharsing, at best. " At some time in the future, they will see all blacks in football and turn it into the white man using these men as their meaningless, throwaways." Was about the issues now out there with hitting the QB, concussions, and all the issues when these players retire.

When skill takes over speed/athleticism that's when whites separate themselves. The more tactical the sport (golf, swimming, etc) the less influence speed/athleticism has and thus the more whites you see.

What I hate is when white athletes in predominantly black sports are compared to other white players. Likewise, I hate when black players at predominantly white positions are compared to other black players at that position.

I'm really not sure if they are better athleltes, but they sure are stupid.

On average they are clearly better athletes.

And BTW why we talking about soccer? I thought we were talking sports. Anyone can run out and play organized kickball at a high level.

Quote Originally Posted by railbird View Post
    no. some of them run faster but thats about it. they are for sure less coordianted, there is none in tennis or golf, not because of the money but those sports you earn it on merit and not handed to you like in football.

The village idiot is heard from once again.... Is Serena white? You might be the dumbest motherfucker on the internet, Rail.

I used to think it was an act, but Rail is one stupid sonofabitch....his racism clouds his judgement...

The real racists here are those that espouse black athletic superiority, but would vehimently argue black intellectual inferioity.

Ii appears clear that latin baseball players(both black and mixed), are superior to american blacks.

Physically, without a doubt. Mentally, not even close....
    I Heart The Purple....

Without a doubt in baseball, basketball, football, and track.

Yes and most scientific breakthroughs are done by Whites.

Serena just won Wimbelton....what's your point?

Rail making an ass of himself again. Viejo nailed it. I cannot believe I used to think he was reasonably intelligent.

Mexicans are clearly genetically superior roofers! The facts dont lie.

I think so and always thought Jimmy the Greek was 100% accurate. Michael Johnson the hurdler thinks so too.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/olympi...8303--oly.html

EOG Dedicated

lol

tsonga, venus, serena
    Quote Originally Posted by PerpetualCzech View Post
    My favourite wantitall moment was when he was actually fearful of shit happening on Dec 21, 2012.
    Quote Originally Posted by wantitall4moi View Post
    shit did happen they just covered it up.

Well, saying there's "none" in tennis is stupid... but it's definitely a sport with mostly Whites.