Page 1 of 9 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Breaking News: Mike Colbert from Cantor Gaming arrested

EOG Senior Member

eek Breaking News: Mike Colbert from Cantor Gaming arrested

In Las Vegas by the State of New York. All that I saw.

Mike Colbert, sports book director for Cantor Gaming and manager of the M Resort's race and sports book, was arrested Wednesday by state gaming agents in conjunction with a warrant filed by the District Attorney's office in Queens, N.Y.
    Colbert, 32, was booked into the Clark County Dentention Center on a fugitive charge.
    Gaming and legal sources confirmed the arrest.
    Cantor Gaming officials declined comment. M Resort president Anthony Marnell III also declined comment.

Default Re: Breaking News: Mike Colbert - SB Director for Cantor Gaming Arrested

Quote Originally Posted by TheRef View Post

Mike Colbert, sports book director for Cantor Gaming and manager of the M Resort's race and sports book, was arrested Wednesday by state gaming agents in conjunction with a warrant filed by the District Attorney's office in Queens, N.Y.
    Colbert, 32, was booked into the Clark County Dentention Center on a fugitive charge.
    Cantor Gaming officials declined comment. M Resort president Anthony Marnell III also declined comment.

*Fishhead has awarded the REF 30 EOG PTS

Default Re: Breaking News: Mike Colbert - SB Director for Cantor Gaming Arrested

meh who hasnt been a fugitive from justice every now and again? Every time I got pulled over out here in California I had to spend some time getting that shit straightened out. Unless its a felony they wont come after him so he'll walk, until the next time a cop runs his name again. Then he will go through it all again, unless he has some strings pulled.

Luckily he got arrested on a weekday so he should be able to get in front of a judge and start the clock. Most states have 72 hours to make a formal extradition request, some its 48, if they dont do it by then then he walks.

Hardly 'meh' that a major Sports Book director in Vegas is arrested on a gambling charge...

Apparently shit is about to hit the fan...

Quote Originally Posted by BetToWin33 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by August West View Post
    Hardly 'meh' that a major Sports Book director in Vegas is arrested on a gambling charge...
    I dont see anything about it being a gambling charge, he is being held on a fugitive from justice warrant, which could be ANYTHING.

Unless there is more to the story than this it is definitely meh.

Yes

All I do is trytrytry trytrytry's Avatar

buckle up up up..

hasnt hit the wire yet, cant find anything on it

Announcement from Queens DA office tomorrow morning

EOG Dedicated

Wow alarming, please provide info as it comes available
    The Wolf

EOG Dedicated

Announcement from Queens DA office tomorrow morning
    How do you know
    The Wolf

11am EST

Guys check David Payne Purdum twitter.. I'm driving

LMAO you guys arent nearly as bad ass as you think you are if you think someone getting arrested on a fugitive warrant is going to cause any sort of issues.

How long has he been here? How long has he been in charge there? I wouldnt say he was exactyly hiding, so whatever he missed couldnt have been extremely important to Queens.

Now if it was Mike Colbert A.K.A Micky the Fish (real name Michael Rotini) arrested in Vegas then yeah sure. If he changed his name or was actually trying to hide. Guy had something he forgot to do, more than likely he owes restitution on some guilty plea and he let it slide and they finally caught up with him.

Like I said getting arrested on a fugitive from justice charge is nearly meaningless.

9 times out of 10 people walk right out of the court house after they call a D.A. in the county and find out if they want the guy held. If they dont like you they will fuck with you, but if it is a minor issue you generally get let go. It is akin to a bench warrant for guys who dont go to court for a speeding ticket.

But generally with a fufitive charge for them to detain you in another state it does have to be more than a speeding ticket, but it surely doesnt have to be anything major.

And Chad Millman twitter

Quote Originally Posted by TheRef View Post

kind of implies that it had something to do with gaming, i'm not a legal expert but if it was a normal police matter wouldn't the police have arrested him?

they get small guys

never big timers in CR

EOG Dedicated

It is related to pinnacle and agent stuff. Unbeliveable and is gambling related
    The Wolf

ahh well there is more to the story. But if he was arrested on the charges this Purdum guy claims then the whole fugitive thing was a smoke screen, or their way of holding him without bail.

So it might get interesting...

Quote Originally Posted by milwaukeemike View Post
    kind of implies that it had something to do with gaming, i'm not a legal expert but if it was a normal police matter wouldn't the police have arrested him?
    not if he knows them and he knew an arrest was coming and wanted his 'buddies' to walk him out.

but it looks like they have a sniff of something somewhere and are getting everyone caged up before anyone can skip town.

several big vegas bettors/runners were arrested along with him

Quote Originally Posted by absolutvodka999 View Post
    several big vegas bettors/runners were arrested along with him
    yup and thats why they all get convicted, one guy rats and they all cave. Thats why its best to do shit alone if youre going to break the law.

These guys will be singing like birds if they have anything on them.

talked to a couple guys Pinnacle might be involved as well.

its all tied to pinnacle/penn national

I hope Penn Gaming gets shut down

I wonder if BW is involved.

These guys rarely do time

I find it amusing that I've had a whole host of people on forums mock me for "being too young to know gambling" and the guy running one of the sharper Vegas books is three years younger than me. I guess the next argument will be that if he was older he wouldn't have gotten popped.

Quote Originally Posted by groovinmahoovin View Post
    I find it amusing that I've had a whole host of people on forums mock me for "being too young to know gambling" and the guy running one of the sharper Vegas books is three years younger than me. I guess the next argument will be that if he was older he wouldn't have gotten popped.
    glad to see you made this about you before page two

this is why people think you're a kid..you behave like one

he will surely lose his nevada gaming liscense. hopefully cantor hires someone better than he was

Quote Originally Posted by steak tartar View Post
    glad to see you made this about you before page two

this is why people think you're a kid..you behave like one
    Was thinking the same thing. Post says a lot...

Quote Originally Posted by absolutvodka999 View Post
    he will surely lose his nevada gaming liscense. hopefully cantor hires someone better than he was
    Cantor is done.

cantor isnt done. there are no ties, at least yet, to anything involving cantor gaming