Whoever wins the #1 overall in NBA is getting a Lebron/Durant hybrid

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whoever wins the #1 overall in NBA is getting a Lebron/Durant hybrid

If the NBA does truly rig this, we'll find out now. Would be very good for the NBA for Simmons to go to the Lakers.

Re: Whoever wins the #1 overall in NBA is getting a Lebron/Durant hybrid

that's why Lakers need to slow down on the wins now, can't slip out of bottom 3 to keep their pick. at least they've got no more gimme's against the Sixers.

if the Lakers can somehow land Simmons and a stud FA, maybe Jeanie Buss can get someone like Thibodeau to L.A.

Comment

Simmons is as good as advertised.

His dad grew up in New York but Ben was born in Australia.

Comment

So does Philly tank next year?
        Michael Jordan isn't anywhere near as athletic as lebron James. Jordan wouldn't even be a top 20 athlete in the game right now in his prime. - Cleveland Homer Big Deemer
        -

Comment

Sharp thread

Comment

EOG's 'sharpest' poster is ready to call Simmons' career before his first NBA game.

Impressive mind. Truly an asset to this community

Comment

I'll go ahead and call that he won't be a LeBron/Durant hybrid, yes. Far out on a limb I know. Scary out here.

Comment

Originally posted by Cristiano View Post
                I'll go ahead and call that he won't be a LeBron/Durant hybrid, yes. Far out on a limb I know. Scary out here.

Ah okay, so you're calling it. Let me check some of your last predictions...

Oh... you're wrong on all of them. Ouch.

Comment

A couple of years ago I attended a bunch of HS games down the street when this kid Marvin Bagley was a 6-10 freshman. In all my years of watching HS sports I've never seen anything like this kid. I predict he will be the next big thing in the NBA to take over from Lebron. At 6-10 he runs the floor with the ball top speed, passes like an elite point guard--has a smooth outside shot and hits 3's like Durant, has incredible leaping skills and his dunks are awesome.

Comment

Marvin Bagley, class of 2018, I'll remember the name.

Comment

Originally posted by John Kelly View Post
                      he

he is in socal now

Comment

He had like 30 yesterday in the drew league Vs derozan

Originally posted by Heisenberg View Post
                        A couple of years ago I attended a bunch of HS games down the street when this kid Marvin Bagley was a 6-10 freshman. In all my years of watching HS sports I've never seen anything like this kid. I predict he will be the next big thing in the NBA to take over from Lebron. At 6-10 he runs the floor with the ball top speed, passes like an elite point guard--has a smooth outside shot and hits 3's like Durant, has incredible leaping skills and his dunks are awesome.
                        "Once you in it, you in it. If it's a lie, then we fight on that lie, but we gotta fight"
                        -Slim Charles (also the new motto of pregame.com)

Comment

Bol bol and bagley are number 1 and 2 picks in 2 years
                          "Once you in it, you in it. If it's a lie, then we fight on that lie, but we gotta fight"

Comment

Too lazy to look it up, but wasn't there a Marvin Bagley who played in the NBA many years ago, he was a journeyman who played college ball at BC if I remember correctly
                            All great genius encounters violent opposition from mediocre minds

Comment

A follow up on Bagley. He's going to be a SR this year. A couple of weeks ago ESPN did a story on him saying he'd have been the first pick of this years draft as a JR and that he's the best NBA prospect in over ten years. It's funny when I watched him as a freshman it was totally obvious he'd become the first overall pick. The talent was absolutely mind blowing.

Comment

Just now catching up on Marvin Bagley Jr.

He's the #1 pick of all the 2019 mock drafts.

I'm eager to see how the betting market approaches the arrival of Michael Porter to Missouri.

A great player heading to a subpar program.

Comment

Originally posted by kane View Post
                                  Too lazy to look it up, but wasn't there a Marvin Bagley who played in the NBA many years ago, he was a journeyman who played college ball at BC if I remember correctly
                                  i don't know if there's a relation or not. I do know Bagleys grandfather , Jumping Joe Caldwell, was a legend in his day.

Comment

i don't know if there's a relation or not. I do know Bagleys grandfather , Jumping Joe Caldwell, was a legend in his day.
                                    I just looked him up, the guy I was thinking of was John Bagley, I'm sure there's no relation to Marvin
                                    All great genius encounters violent opposition from mediocre minds

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLUrrDubPY4

Comment

Just now catching up on Marvin Bagley Jr.

He's the #1 pick of all the 2019 mock drafts.

I'm eager to see how the betting market approaches the arrival of Michael Porter to Missouri.

A great player heading to a subpar program.

Traditionally the player won't make much of an impact. He there to stay healthy and will most likely withdraw from school as soon as the season is over like Simmons.

Here's the list of players I can remember that went to average programs as top recruits.

Kevin Durant
                                        OJ Mayo
                                        Michael Beasley
                                        Derrick Favors
                                        Bradley Beal
                                        Ben Simmons
                                        Jaylen Brown
                                        Markelle Fultz

Comment

Go bet those Duke futures. Bagley is going to average 24 and 10. If they lose next year it will be because of the coaching

Comment

Or injuries

Comment

Just about everyone had Bagley going to USC. Don't know why he's re-classifying and foregoing his senior year. It's not like Duke doesn't have a top 5 recruiting class every year. I get why Porter did it. He wants to play along side his brother at Mizzou who'll be 1 and done.
                                              The art of learning is learning who to ignore ~LeAnn Rimes

Comment

Looking forward to seeing how Bagley does on the big stage tonight. Keep in mind he's supposed to be a HS senior right now. Two years ago when I watched him as a 14 year old at Tempe Corona Del Sol my buddies and I predicted he'd be the first pick of the draft when he came out, his talent was that jaw dropping.

Comment

This is ten percent luck
                                                  Twenty percent skill
                                                  Fifteen percent concentrated power of will
                                                  Five percent pleasure
                                                  Fifty percent pain
                                                  And a hundred percent reason to remember the name

Comment

Simmons v. Ball tonight. It's early but the talent differential is obvious.
                                                    The art of learning is learning who to ignore ~LeAnn Rimes

Comment

Working...
                                                    X