Start a list of refs who cheat or go off script in NCAAB

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Start a list of refs who cheat or go off script in NCAAB

when I have time I will also make notes.

Dick Cartmell
    Frank Harvey
    Pat Adams
    Tommy Nunez

These 4 are utter criminals. Illl add many more later

Re: Start a list of refs that cheat or go off script in NCAAB

I appreciate a lot of what RAILBIRD says about college basketball (teams playing as one, the whole is greater than the sum of its parts, coaches are critical to the outcome of the game, etc.) but I don't waste time looking at officials and their calls.

I assume most of Birdie's criticisms are aimed at incompetent officials, not nefarious ones.

Comment

One caveat: I dismissed the people who were saying the Kings-Lakers playoff series in 2002 (?) was a prearranged result until rogue referee Tim Donaghy went public with information on David Stern manipulating the referee assignments and ordering special instructions for playoff games.

Comment

its not like the nba where the referee assignments are listed before the game.
        The real women sport expert

Comment

Originally posted by John Kelly View Post
          I appreciate a lot of what RAILBIRD says about college basketball (teams playing as one, the whole is greater than the sum of its parts, coaches are critical to the outcome of the game, etc.) but I don't waste time looking at officials and their calls.

I assume most of Birdie's criticisms are aimed at incompetent officials, not nefarious ones.
          the above 4 are nefarious, I'll list the incompent ones later

Comment

darly gelinas is incompetent.

Comment

Ted Valentine

Comment

Originally posted by John Kelly View Post
                One caveat: I dismissed the people who were saying the Kings-Lakers playoff series in 2002 (?) was a prearranged result until rogue referee Tim Donaghy went public with information on David Stern manipulating the referee assignments and ordering special instructions for playoff games.
                I don't believe in fixed games but that particular game smelled.

Comment

Stephen Pamon

Comment

Originally posted by barryRunSome View Post
                    Stephen Pamon
                    Forgot about this fucker. Isn't he the one with the bankruptcy issues and massive debt?

Comment

Rob Rorke is the biggest scumbag in college basketball

Comment

rob cheats every game he is in

Comment

John Higgins is bad.

Comment

Originally posted by railbird View Post
                            called 5 technical fouls against Hawaii tonight

Comment

Comment

Box score says 2 technicals for both teams.

Where is railbird getting 5 technicals on Hawaii?

Comment

Rail will back me up here.......Mike Schyphers is pathetic. How they lets omeone convicted of embezzlement officiate is beyond me

The Late Jim Stupin was in a category all by himself. I think we all know who Stupin in......he is the official behind Chris Webber in the Champ Game against UNLV who did NOT call travelling

Dave Libbesy used to officiate. he is one of the world's biggest motherfuckers. Once flipped us off a Fullerton when we ragged his ass

Terry Tackett sucked.......his son Matt sucks just as much

JK - DO NOT GET ME STARTED ON THE 2002 Lakers/Kings Series. If you wanna push I will push back and make you look bad because while everyone talks about G6 NO ONE talks about G5 and w/o talking about G5 you shouldn't talk about G6
                                  The mind is a terrible thing to waste unless we are talking about the MORONS who post at Covers where the collective Sports Gambling IQ for the ENTIRE site is.................4!!! and even that might be too high

Comment

Clearly NBA wanted Lakers to represent West in Finals. Just watch the replays. You got other info Winky? One of the worst miscarriages of officiating I ever seen. They hated Webber and the Kings - stole the series even though Sac outplayed em

Comment

Originally posted by BadLeroy View Post
                                      Clearly NBA wanted Lakers to represent West in Finals. Just watch the replays. You got other info Winky? One of the worst miscarriages of officiating I ever seen. They hated Webber and the Kings - stole the series even though Sac outplayed em
                                      For those who wanna talk about G6..............back it up to G5.

In that game, lakers UP 1 in dying seconds. Kings to inbound the ball under the basket they need to score in.

Bibby tosses it in to Webber who then gives it back to Bibby for the GW basket.

HOWEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When Bibby runs by C-Webb to get the ball...............CHRIS WEBBER COMMITS ONE OF THE MOST BLATANT MOVING SCREENS IN NBA HISTORY!!!!!!!! Webber picks off Derek Fisher. The Trail Official (In a 3-person game - the Trail is the official closest to mid court and on the same side of the table as the Ref inbounding the ball) MUST call that. He is the only one looking at that spot on the floor. The Lead (person on the baseline) and the "C" (official by themselves on the other side of the court close to the FT line) isn't looking at that are. The Trail s and that is his call and an easy one at that. The Lead can also get it since it happened close to the "Gray Area" of where the Lead/Trail have their area of the court meet

IF Webber is called for the MOVING SCREEN, Lakers win G5 and then even if Kings win G6 we are still tied 3-3

And for everyone who rips the League/NBA for that series...........How many shots did the League/NBA cause the Kings to miss in G7? Only Bibby played well that day - the Kings missed a TON of shots in the OT loss so don't blame the Refs/Lakers for the Kings losing this series. Blame the Kings for choking in G7
                                      The mind is a terrible thing to waste unless we are talking about the MORONS who post at Covers where the collective Sports Gambling IQ for the ENTIRE site is.................4!!! and even that might be too high

Comment

Re: Start a list of refs who cheat or go off script in NCAAB

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_QMOvK82Uo

frank jump ball with 30 secs left

Comment

gelinas and Harvey in same game tonight

Comment

Originally posted by Sleepy View Post
                                            The ref in the Boston-Bulls game who made the phantom foul call at the end should be suspended.
                                            Michael Jordan isn't anywhere near as athletic as lebron James. Jordan wouldn't even be a top 20 athlete in the game right now in his prime. - Cleveland Homer Big Deemer
                                            -

Comment

Originally posted by FairWarning View Post
                                              The ref in the Boston-Bulls game who made the phantom foul call at the end should be suspended.
                                              I'm a Celtics fan, so I know my opinion will be a biased one, therefore I won't comment on that foul on Marcus Smart with .9 seconds left that handed the Bulls the game
                                              All great genius encounters violent opposition from mediocre minds

Comment

Originally posted by Sleepy View Post

This has always bothered me...why are ncaab refs exempt from being listed before the game? Especially high profile games and March Madness....

Comment

Pat Adams is bad...agree....somebody mentioned Higgins. but he has done a ton of games and big ncaa tourney assignments including the final four...

Comment

Originally posted by kane View Post
                                                    I'm a Celtics fan, so I know my opinion will be a biased one, therefore I won't comment on that foul on Marcus Smart with .9 seconds left that handed the Bulls the game
                                                    I'm a bulls fan.
                                                    Michael Jordan isn't anywhere near as athletic as lebron James. Jordan wouldn't even be a top 20 athlete in the game right now in his prime. - Cleveland Homer Big Deemer
                                                    -

Comment

Originally posted by FairWarning View Post
                                                      I'm a bulls fan.
                                                      That's what I assumed, it's also why your opinion means more than mine, as a Celtics fan you know how I felt about that call, but when a Bulls fan thinks the call was bad, you know the call was bad
                                                      All great genius encounters violent opposition from mediocre minds

Comment

Most of the refs are fuckin terrible. They don't allow the game to develop. A call every single time down the court. 50+ fouls in a game? Come on! I get it call the foul, but the way they call fouls on rebounds is the worst. Half the time a guy will get a rebound and they will call some foul that did not have to be made.
                                                        "Once you in it, you in it. If it's a lie, then we fight on that lie, but we gotta fight"
                                                        -Slim Charles (also the new motto of pregame.com)

Comment

verne harris butchered the national championship game, I let him know that Friday night when I saw him post game at USC vs Fullerton.

Comment

verne harris butchered the national championship game, I let him know that Friday night when I saw him post game at USC vs Fullerton.
                                                            What was his response?
                                                            Everyone dies......but not everyone lives.....

Comment

Just about every single one of them...some are more obvious than others.

Not sure why Rail left Verne Harris off his top list.

Valentine has been a gangster for as long as any I've seen tho.

Comment

Working...
                                                              X