Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bitcoin: How much time left on the clock?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Bitcoin: How much time left on the clock?

Okay so if you have a friend in korea, wouldn't this work? You buy btc at bittrex or an exchange with much lower price. Then you send the btc to a korean person you know in korea and then have him sell it on the exchange? Then you make profit and have him send you the money via bank transfer or something similar? Of course you need to make sure you trust this person etc.

Also would it be possible to go to korea to open an account there and those exchanges and do this?

Also can someone tell me if arbitrage is possible here with it being around 15k on bittrex and 16k on gdax? Raiders mentioned transactions are slow now but if you get a wire to bittrex. Then buy btc. Then immediately send the btc to gdax and pay a high sending fee... then sell the btc on gdax... wouldn't that work? Because there is no way the fees which are 0.25 percent on bittrex and gdax would be that big since there is a 1k spread here... unless im missing something here?

Originally posted by Drewphin0 View Post
    Hey raiders and wantit

Bitcoin is around 15000 t on bittrex. On gdax, is about 16500 usd. There is a 1500 dollar difference between it. I saw that there was a 500 to 1000 dollar difference earlier. I have heard about btc arbitrage but i believe it related to certain exchanges which are not trustful.

However these exchanges, bittrex and gdax/coinbase are very reputable. Couldn't you just buy btc with usd on bittrex... then sell it immediately to gdax/coinbase and make profit? I know there are selling fees but its like less than 1 percent on both exchanges. So is there something missing here? I mean there is a huge spread right now. I mean couldnt someone buy 1 btc at bittrex for 15300 and then sell it on gdax for 16800? After fees... isn't someone going to make like 1400 per btc or is there something im missing here? Because bittrex when you buy btc, you get the btc immediately right? Then when you sell btc on gdax/coinbase, well you get credited usd right?
    Originally posted by focker View Post
    3 different Korean exchanges are trading BTC at 22K

Comment

and there it goes 128 at least a few at 128.10 that they will probably move although a lot of under sell price trying to drive it down.

Comment

U.S. government is working on the "problem":

fiend_bear 22 hr ago

The Judiciary Committee of the United States Senate is currently working on Bill S.1241 that aims to criminalize deliberate concealment of property or the control of a financial account. The bill was submitted in June, and the law would change the definition of “financial account” and “financial institution,” and thus also cover digital currencies and digital exchanges. Who is pushing it? None other than California’s Senator Dianne Feinstein, who maintains that the bill is needed to update existing money laundering laws because of terrorists. This means that the miners of Bitcoin will become a “bank”. The operators of the trading platform Coinbase were forced by court ruling to notify the IRS of the identity of over 14,000 investors who were trading $20,000 in Bitcoin. Users were affected if their trading volume had exceeded $20,000 at the beginning of 2013 by the end of 2015. So this is NOT a single transaction, but accumulative. The IRS will now “presume” tax evasion. This is what I warned would happen. Been there done that! They can shut down Bitcoin in the blink of an eye by simply defining anyone who is a miner to be a financial institution. The bill will change the definition of “financial institution” in Section 53412 (a) of Title 31 , United States Code. The text will read: “An exhibitor, a redeemer or a cashier of prepaid access devices, digital currency or a digital exchanger or a digital currency.” The regulation will remove the anonymity of Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies defeating this idea that there is an alternative-financial-universe separate from government.

Show replies (43)
        Comment from:
        https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/h...211912644.html

Comment

Okay so if you have a friend in korea, wouldn't this work? You buy btc at bittrex or an exchange with much lower price. Then you send the btc to a korean person you know in korea and then have him sell it on the exchange? Then you make profit and have him send you the money via bank transfer or something similar? Of course you need to make sure you trust this person etc.

Also would it be possible to go to korea to open an account there and those exchanges and do this?

Also can someone tell me if arbitrage is possible here with it being around 15k on bittrex and 16k on gdax? Raiders mentioned transactions are slow now but if you get a wire to bittrex. Then buy btc. Then immediately send the btc to gdax and pay a high sending fee... then sell the btc on gdax... wouldn't that work? Because there is no way the fees which are 0.25 percent on bittrex and gdax would be that big since there is a 1k spread here... unless im missing something here?
          when its crazy you lose more than you gain dicking around with that.

GDAX having massive lag right now. I had a couple orders filled and it said they had been filled 5 minutes ago, so who knows how current it is. Hard to hit the highs and lows if there is a 4 or 5 minute delay. I have been buying at 126.13 and selling at 128.90 for the past couple hours but now everything is lagging I sold and didnt think I did and then i bought and it showed a price of 125.77 when it went through and said I had been filled 4 minutes ago.

Looks like its slowing other people down too. I probably am going to get stuck with this last batch I bought and the price will probably slide to 122 before it comes back up.

Comment

Originally posted by scrimmage View Post
            U.S. government is working on the "problem":

fiend_bear 22 hr ago

The Judiciary Committee of the United States Senate is currently working on Bill S.1241 that aims to criminalize deliberate concealment of property or the control of a financial account. The bill was submitted in June, and the law would change the definition of “financial account” and “financial institution,” and thus also cover digital currencies and digital exchanges. Who is pushing it? None other than California’s Senator Dianne Feinstein, who maintains that the bill is needed to update existing money laundering laws because of terrorists. This means that the miners of Bitcoin will become a “bank”. The operators of the trading platform Coinbase were forced by court ruling to notify the IRS of the identity of over 14,000 investors who were trading $20,000 in Bitcoin. Users were affected if their trading volume had exceeded $20,000 at the beginning of 2013 by the end of 2015. So this is NOT a single transaction, but accumulative. The IRS will now “presume” tax evasion. This is what I warned would happen. Been there done that! They can shut down Bitcoin in the blink of an eye by simply defining anyone who is a miner to be a financial institution. The bill will change the definition of “financial institution” in Section 53412 (a) of Title 31 , United States Code. The text will read: “An exhibitor, a redeemer or a cashier of prepaid access devices, digital currency or a digital exchanger or a digital currency.” The regulation will remove the anonymity of Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies defeating this idea that there is an alternative-financial-universe separate from government.

Show replies (43)
            Comment from:
            https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/h...211912644.html
            yup we all said that awhile ago thats why people were hesitant to get into mining. But now with the stupidity of the past 6 or 7 months its become too main stream. I said that last May too when it got that much attention it was done. Its basically done right now, at least the REAL money because after they start raping peopel on taxes these windfall amounts are going ot be about half what they would have been.

Thats wghy I basically got out of almost everything today. I have no BTC ,sold those yesterday when GDAX crashed and obviously not sure how they sold if no one was able to log in but whatever I got a decent price. I am at the lowest number of L:TC I have been at since I started buying them. I had 300 of my reserves left and have bought up another 250 here and htere dumping them on the pump but am stuck with the last 250 I got. If it they hit 128.89 those will be gone too.

I still have all my ETH because I think that is the one that is the mega bucks and since I have never moved any of those I think I might be able to make those anonymous still. We are looking at a way now. depends on how GDAX is going to handle the information they give the IRS. But theyre well hidden. And the account they are on isnt even close to 20K. Obviously when the ETH are sold it will be but hoping we come up with something between now and then.

Comment

Dear GDAX Customer,

We at GDAX couldn’t be more excited by the explosion of interest in digital currencies. The last few weeks has seen an unprecedented increase in the price of digital currencies. More people are engaging with our platform than ever and that bodes well for the future of the digital currency. At the same time, it does create extreme volatility and stress on our systems. We take this very seriously and wanted to share some important thoughts.

We’re continuing to invest heavily to scale our platform
              Over the course of this year we have invested significant resources to increase trading capacity on our platform and maintain availability of our service. We have increased the size of our support team by 640% and launched phone support in September. We have also invested heavily in our infrastructure and have increased the number of transactions we are processing during peak hours by over 40x.

There may be downtime which can impact your ability to trade
              Despite the sizable and ongoing increases in our technical infrastructure and engineering staff, we wanted to remind customers that access to GDAX services may become degraded or unavailable during times of significant volatility or volume. This could result in the inability to trade for periods of time. Limit and stop-loss orders may not execute in periods of high volatility if there is not sufficient liquidity on the other side. Despite ongoing increases in our support capacity, our customer support response times may be delayed, especially for requests that do not involve immediate risks to customer account security. You can read more in our GDAX User Agreement.

Be an educated investor
              We also wanted to remind customers of some of the risks associated with trading digital currency. Digital currencies are volatile and the prices can go up and down. Due to the rapidly changing price of digital currencies, some customers may not have withdrawal limits that are sufficient relative to the value of total digital currency they are storing on GDAX.
              As a proactive measure, we encourage customers to check the following items on their accounts:
              1. Ensure your email address is properly receiving all communications and notifications from GDAX. To learn more about ensuring email delivery, please refer to this support article.
              2. Ensure your two-factor authentication is updated and functional. If you have recently switched mobile devices, your two-factor authentication needs to be properly migrated to the new device. In addition, please migrate from SMS two factor to Google Authenticator to enhance the security on your account, if you have not already done so. To learn more about two-factor authentication, please refer to this FAQ.
              3. Familiarize yourself with your trading limits. They can be found here.
              4. Expect payments to take the maximum number of days indicated when making a deposit or withdrawal.

Stay up to dateWe will continue to update customers on our website, our status page, via email, on our blog and on Twitter.

We will keep you informed
              We are committed to safety, security and transparency. We are working tirelessly to provide the best service and support but we can’t promise perfection during the periods of extraordinary demand. We will continue to do our best to keep our customers informed.

Thank you,
              The GDAX Team

Comment

We at Coinbase couldn’t be more excited by the explosion of interest in digital currencies. The last few weeks has seen an unprecedented increase in the price of digital currencies. More people are engaging with our platform than ever and that bodes well for the future of the digital currency. At the same time, it does create extreme volatility and stress on our systems. We take this very seriously and wanted to share some important thoughts.
                We’re continuing to invest heavily to scale our platform
                Over the course of this year we have invested significant resources to increase trading capacity on our platform and maintain availability of our service. We have increased the size of our support team by 640% and launched phone support in September. We have also invested heavily in our infrastructure and have increased the number of transactions we are processing during peak hours by over 40x.
                There may be downtime which can impact your ability to trade
                Despite the sizable and ongoing increases in our technical infrastructure and engineering staff, we wanted to remind customers that access to Coinbase services may become degraded or unavailable during times of significant volatility or volume. This could result in the inability to buy or sell for periods of time. Despite ongoing increases in our support capacity, our customer support response times may be delayed, especially for requests that do not involve immediate risks to customer account security. You can read more in our Coinbase User Agreement.
                Be an educated investor
                We also wanted to remind customers of some of the risks associated with trading digital currency. Digital currencies are volatile and the prices can go up and down. Due to the rapidly changing price of digital currencies, some customers may not have sell limits that are sufficient relative to the value of total digital currency they are storing on Coinbase. Sell limits are one of the many measures Coinbase takes to protect client accounts and assets.
                As a proactive measure, we encourage customers to check the following items on their accounts:

1. Ensure your email address is properly receiving all communications and notifications from Coinbase. To learn more about ensuring email delivery, please refer to this support article.
                2. Ensure your two-factor authentication is updated and functional. If you have recently switched mobile devices, your two-factor authentication needs to be properly migrated to the new device. In addition, please migrate from SMS two factor to Google Authenticator to enhance the security on your account, if you have not already done so. To learn more about two-factor authentication, please refer to this FAQ.
                3. Familiarize yourself with your buy and sell limits. They can be found here.
                4. Complete any pending identity verifications. During times of significant volatility, ID verification may become degraded or unavailable. To learn more about identity verification on Coinbase, please refer to this FAQ.
                5. Expect payments to take the maximum number of days indicated when making a deposit or withdrawal.

Stay up to date
                We will continue to update customers for our website, our status page, in our apps, via email, on our blog and on Twitter.
                We will keep you informed
                We are committed to safety, security and transparency. We are working tirelessly to provide the best service and support but we can’t promise perfection during the periods of extraordinary demand. We will continue to do our best to keep our customers informed.
                Thank you,
                The Coinbase Team

Comment

Originally posted by wantitall4moi View Post
                  iota pump and dump scam
                  up 6.99% in the last hour. It's not a scam.

Comment

That works. People are complaining that it's tough to move money out of South Korea. I'm not sure if it is or isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by raiders72001 View Post
                      up 6.99% in the last hour. It's not a scam.
                      it went from about 70 cents per to about 5.60 a coin in 5 days then after it hit that high it was a massive sell off back down to about 3 bucks a coin. Just because a few retards are buying it at over 4 bucks a coin doesnt mean its not a pump and dump scam.

Theyll get their 5.50 and it will be 3 bucks again sometime tomorrow. Maybe less depending on what coin theyre going to pump up 50% tomorrow.

Comment

it went from about 70 cents per to about 5.60 a coin in 5 days then after it hit that high it was a massive sell off back down to about 3 bucks a coin. Just because a few retards are buying it at over 4 bucks a coin doesnt mean its not a pump and dump scam.

Theyll get their 5.50 and it will be 3 bucks again sometime tomorrow. Maybe less depending on what coin theyre going to pump up 50% tomorrow.
                        IOTA is new technology that doesn't use blockchain, it uses Tangle. It's up 7.41% in the last hour.

Comment

they went live in June and they didnt do shit in fact they went down about 50% on release. Someone made up some shit they got a little hype they pumped them and dumped them.

Comment

in the mean time this is a very serious L:TC push they just bought through 4500 @ 132. 4K more at 32.10 hopefully those move. They did to 132.46 but if they keep moving those the sky might be the limit again here/

I had 134.14 as the next dump spot which is doable still. Probably goes down a few times before they get that far though.

Comment

they went live in June and they didnt do shit in fact they went down about 50% on release. Someone made up some shit they got a little hype they pumped them and dumped them.
                              If you actually traded, you would know that almost all coins go down upon release for trading. It exploded after it's agreement with Microsoft.

Comment

the only other coin in the top 10 that didnt go up or stay relatively even after release was ironically ETH. Everything else went up when it went live. Especially these new ones that are only a few months old. Eth is ancient compared to most of the coins people talk about now so that is a decent explanation as to why it went down. But LTC about as old it came out at around 3 bucks jumped to 5 or so and then it tanked but stayed pretty solid in the 2s until it went crazy on a massive pump and dump. Then it was under 2 bucks for over 2 years until this spring when everything started going crazy.

The patterns are there for everyone to see. There has been a massive influx of new money but trust me a lot of people have already gone broke the outages at the exchanges havent helped thats why every exchange is sending out disclaimers about outages and how risky 'investing' in this shit is.

Not everyone is 'getting rich' most are upside down right now in the thousands especially after yesterday. Like I have said forever you can only make money ONCE on a climb, and thats only when/if you sell. I wouldnt be surprised if some of these new retards are sitting on dozens if not hundreds of BTC priced around 17K or more, especially since the price completely cratered and the exchange went down. And when it came back they were 15k, They got to under 14000 for a flash this morning, I bought 3 for shits and giggles because I really thought they were going to shove them to 17K again, and that would be a free 10K, they might but it looks like a slow burn.

Now just sitting here waiting to dump these 250 LTC I pulled awhile ago. Just trying to figure on the price theyre trying to get to before the major league crash that doesnt come back up. I said 134.14 but dont think they quite get there.

Comment

but then again some serious buy orders coming in on some serious prices. but that could be a bunch of retards. but a lot of weird 157 and 208 and 53 and 68 and 47 type orders for some serious prices.

Comment

Huge ICOs are now occurring. When the coins open for trading, everyone dumps their ICO coins.

Comment

hmm might have misjudged it 3800 sitting on 134.13. I might h ve to drop mine a couple cents.

Comment

screw it I took them off completely will try a insta grab

Comment

Huge day for LTC. Up 34.73%.

Comment

lol bot got caught somone bought 1048 for 135.00 that moved alot out of the way.

Comment

miracle fill 136.14 filled I think they shoot back up again so I will be looking to jump back in here in a sec, way too many getting bought for 135.00 and not selling to think theyre going to tank for th enight

Comment

sitting at 134.02 and 03 lets see a flassh crash

Comment

nope and there they go....

Comment

this is their bail out push everyone who got caught this morning is more than likley looking to eject right here.

Comment

there go some from this morning, next one will be it but they look to be pushing it again

Comment

still some very serious buy numbers coming in 299, 310, 300 all at 139.99 and 140.00

enough so I have some flash drop orders in that are stupid prices.

Comment

holy shit that filled them...

Comment

I lied It didnt fill the bottom two. 135.89 and 135.74 didnt fill. 136.88, 136, 74, and 136.41 did though...

ejecting out sooner than I should not gambling right now lagging like crazy again got 139.98 and 140.69 covered saving a few for an insta jam sell.

Comment

got one ejection I dont see 140.69 now unless something crazy happens....

Comment

screw it not going to sit here putting them on for 140.99 and letting them go if they skyrocket oh well it was a decent day. Only thing I might really be pissy about is if they go down to 134 and then shoot back up to 140, which they will because I am leaving them alone.

so for you guys who might stick around the absolute buy in spot is 133.67. if they go below that and stay there then dont bother. You may get away with 133.22. Lower than that its guess work but 117 is the look ahead range by then.

but right now 136.13 should be the low end

Comment

litecoin will be 1334 this time next yr

Comment

screw it not going to sit here putting them on for 140.99 and letting them go if they skyrocket oh well it was a decent day.
                                                                    OK maybe I am a little pissy, soon as I walk away they go to 145...and now 147 flash drop back to 145 now 146. crazy lag obviously

Comment

Originally posted by railbird View Post
                                                                      litecoin will be 1334 this time next yr
                                                                      wouldn't surprise me at all.

Comment

Morning in Asia and all coins moving.

Comment

Originally posted by raiders72001 View Post
                                                                          Morning in Asia and all coins moving.
                                                                          Bitcoin, ETH, or Litecoin, what do you think is the Best Buy right now?

Comment

IOTA up another 5.31% in the last hour.

Comment

Originally posted by WeinketoWarrick View Post
                                                                              Bitcoin, ETH, or Litecoin, what do you think is the Best Buy right now?
                                                                              litecoin

Comment

Originally posted by railbird View Post
                                                                                litecoin
                                                                                Up 8% in the last hour. 57% last 24 hours.

Comment

Whats best way to purchase lietcoin raiders

Comment

Working...
                                                                                  X