Yu Darvish playoff choker

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Yu Darvish playoff choker

Darvish also has a lot more miles on his arm than Arrieta lifetime for sure because of the way Japan abuses young pitchers.

Comment

Originally posted by rico1 View Post
      So would you agree that the Cubs would be better off spending the $ to keep Arrieta? Rather than pursue Darvish, Lynn, and/or hope Houston opt out on JV?
      Of course, Arrieta may be 31 but he's in great shape and has low mileage on his arm for a 31 year old. Letting him walk would be a very bad decision, he's also a great big game pitcher. Don't have a World Series without him and I don't see how you justify letting him walk unless you're going to trade for an elite starter and then sign another one.

Comment

Originally posted by JavyBaez9 View Post
        Of course, Arrieta may be 31 but he's in great shape and has low mileage on his arm for a 31 year old. Letting him walk would be a very bad decision, he's also a great big game pitcher. Don't have a World Series without him and I don't see how you justify letting him walk unless you're going to trade for an elite starter and then sign another one.
        I'm letting him walk before I sign him to a crazy 5-6 year deal.
        Michael Jordan isn't anywhere near as athletic as lebron James. Jordan wouldn't even be a top 20 athlete in the game right now in his prime. - Cleveland Homer Big Deemer
        -

Comment

Originally posted by FairWarning View Post
          I'm letting him walk before I sign him to a crazy 5-6 year deal.
          I'd give him a similar deal to Lester, maybe one year less, slightly more money per. 2018-2019-2020 is a window the Cubs have, so the important part of the deal is how you expect Arrieta to pitch those 3 years.

Comment

Originally posted by JavyBaez9 View Post
            I'd give him a similar deal to Lester, maybe one year less, slightly more money per. 2018-2019-2020 is a window the Cubs have, so the important part of the deal is how you expect Arrieta to pitch those 3 years.
            I would too except we know who his agent is.
            Michael Jordan isn't anywhere near as athletic as lebron James. Jordan wouldn't even be a top 20 athlete in the game right now in his prime. - Cleveland Homer Big Deemer
            -

Comment

Originally posted by FairWarning View Post
              I would too except we know who his agent is.

Crazy to think this team could still be playing if they get Verlander, which was obviously the dumber move, rather than Quintana.

Comment

Javy, just think about how the Tigers took the Friedman deal over Theo's! What a fortunate trade!

Comment

Darvish having himself a game here! He has nothing at all. Flipping coins out there

Comment

If Astros win, Yu Darvish should be Astros’ World Series MVP.

Comment

Hate to say it here, but the b.p. Pitchers at the derby offer more than Darvish

Comment

1 2/3 performance by Darvish! Era now 21.6

Comment

Don’t have much vested interest in this game, but if I was a dodgers fan I’d be pissed Kershaw didn’t start and try to go 4-5 innings and then go to morrow and Jansen and whoever else.

Comment

Like I said, Jap pitchers mostly fail !

Comment

This isn't the guy that Railbird loves is it????

Comment

Choking cocksucker

Comment

Working...
                                X