Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2017-18 MLB Hot Stove League chatter

Originally posted by JavyBaez9 View Post
    scouts said he could be better than Bryant or Rizzo a few years ago... Bryant is obviously a potential future hall of famer... do the math. A few scouts have also said Schwarber's sound off the bat in BP and in the game sounds like Ortiz... it's not just me making that comparison up. Came from an actual scout.
    Name a single scout or post a link of anyone who said KS could be better than Bryant. Bryant was considered to be as can't miss as can be when he came out of USD. As I said earlier KS was a great draft pick by Theo-he'd be best served to flip him for more needed parts in my opinion.

Comment

Yesterday was a perfect representation of JB's baseball analysis with all of the Otani and Stanton news......... If a player doesn't end up with the Cubs he shall be deemed irrelevant.

Comment

what a world we live in that a near .900 OPS in the 2nd half is looked down upon

missing all of 2016 had a huge impact on his april and may numbers for sure
        I've pointed out numerous times that KS had limited AB's second half of last season due to sitting against LHP's.

Comment

Originally posted by Heisenberg View Post
          Name a single scout or post a link of anyone who said KS could be better than Bryant. Bryant was considered to be as can't miss as can be when he came out of USD. As I said earlier KS was a great draft pick by Theo-he'd be best served to flip him for more needed parts in my opinion.
          I’ll try to find it, but the cubs scout (recently died) who discover KS did compare his swing to Babe Ruth.
          Michael Jordan isn't anywhere near as athletic as lebron James. Jordan wouldn't even be a top 20 athlete in the game right now in his prime. - Cleveland Homer Big Deemer
          -

Comment

I've pointed out numerous times that KS had limited AB's second half of last season due to sitting against LHP's.
            I’ll agree here. Watching that .900 against a very soft schedule, he didn’t really dominate. There are still a lot of holes in his game. Hard telling how much of an effect batting him leadoff did.
            Michael Jordan isn't anywhere near as athletic as lebron James. Jordan wouldn't even be a top 20 athlete in the game right now in his prime. - Cleveland Homer Big Deemer
            -

Comment

Yesterday was a perfect representation of JB's baseball analysis with all of the Otani and Stanton news......... If a player doesn't end up with the Cubs he shall be deemed irrelevant.
              Lol my opinion of them both was posted before their deals happened and didn’t change. Nice try though.

Comment

Cubs talking about trading for Archer and Colome from Rays.

Guess since the pussies will say I dislike Archer just because the deal doesn't happen, I guess I'll say emphatically that I wouldn't give up anyone but Almora Jr. for Archer. Fuck him if he's going to cost Schwarber or Baez or Russell or Happ.

Comment

Cubs talking about trading for Archer and Colome from Rays.

Guess since the pussies will say I dislike Archer just because the deal doesn't happen, I guess I'll say emphatically that I wouldn't give up anyone but Almora Jr. for Archer. Fuck him if he's going to cost Schwarber or Baez or Russell or Happ.
                  I would trade any of them for archer as long as they can extend archer. Prefer Schwarber because he played the least valuable position.
                  -

Comment

Archer another product of the obsessing over strikeout culture that swept through the game for a bit. Lots of K's, but lots of meat balls. Quintana-ish.

2 years of mediocrity last 2 years.

Comment

Archer another product of the obsessing over strikeout culture that swept through the game for a bit. Lots of K's, but lots of meat balls. Quintana-ish.

Analytics say wins are overrated but I like them, would rather have a pitcher wanting to stay in vs throwing 6 innings, 90-100 pitches and getting a thatta-boy for keeping them in the game.
                      -

Comment

location could be fixed with the right pitching coach..... speed could never be

Comment

Cubs to sign Brandon Morrow, good signing.
                          -

Comment

Originally posted by FairWarning View Post
                            Cubs to sign Brandon Morrow, good signing.
                            Indeed if his arm doesn’t fall off. Guess they can always address it at the trade deadline if it does though.

Comment

Cardinals sign Gregerson 2 years 11 million

Comment

Originally posted by MrTop View Post
                                location could be fixed with the right pitching coach..... speed could never be
                                Agreed-Last two years it looks as if Archers mechanics are a bit off. Hasn't had a consistent repeatable delivery. A good pitching coach might do a lot for him.

Comment

Working...
                                X