X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2017-18 MLB Hot Stove League chatter

Originally posted by JavyBaez9 View Post
    how could you not
    400+ million dollars. Seems you haven't paid attention to how mega contracts have worked out as a whole.

Comment

Originally posted by Heisenberg View Post
      400+ million dollars. Seems you haven't paid attention to how mega contracts have worked out as a whole.
      lol yeah I'm sure there's no difference between signing a 26 year old Bryce Harper and a 34 year old Albert Pujols or Miguel Cabrera

do you even think before you speak

How's Kershaw's deal looking for example?

Comment

The thought that the Red Sox would trade Benintendi for Schwarber is too dumb to even discuss, Dombrowski isn't that stupid
        All great genius encounters violent opposition from mediocre minds

Comment

lol yeah I'm sure there's no difference between signing a 26 year old Bryce Harper and a 34 year old Albert Pujols or Miguel Cabrera

do you even think before you speak

How's Kershaw's deal looking for example?
          Funny arguing with you on baseball contracts considering we both were on opposite ends of the Heyward signing at the time they made the deal. You wouldn't listen. LOL

Comment

Funny arguing with you on baseball contracts considering we both were on opposite ends of the Heyward signing at the time they made the deal. You wouldn't listen. LOL
            Wrong again, I wanted another player over Heyward (who didn’t even work out)

But if lying to yourself to feel better is all you have, enjoy it. Pretty pathetic

Comment

how could you not
              Signing megacontracts never really works out. Are the Cubs going to sign Bryant, Rizzo, and Harper to megadeals? What about the others when it’s time to get paid? There is a lot of protection in the Nats order and his numbers are good, not great. What about egos?
              Michael Jordan isn't anywhere near as athletic as lebron James. Jordan wouldn't even be a top 20 athlete in the game right now in his prime. - Cleveland Homer Big Deemer
              -

Comment

wrong, in 2014 I said they were poised to be the best team in baseball

from 2015-2017, they won more games than any other major league club and played in 3 NLCS's and won a world series... someone isn't a homer for being right little lady. I know you're a moron, but you're not too dumb to understand the concept of being right and wrong.

owned
                This is the first I'm hearing of this.

No wait a minute it's probably the 100th or more.
                I'm smarter than you. By a wide margin. You know it's true too is the funny thing about our interactions.----JaveyBaezBum

Comment

JavyBaez9

Timely is my bitchJoin DateAug 24, 2014Posts16,800

Re: Jason Heyward v. Yoenis Cespedes

Originally Posted by Ronaldo
                  I don't disagree. But I do think most reasonable Cub fans would agree Theo's track record with big FA contracts is questionable. His other areas of franchise development have been very good.

A contract should be measured at the time of the deal. You could sign a good deal that becomes a bad one due to no fault of your own.

The Heyward deal was a good one. Not many educated baseball opinions would disagree.

Comment

Wrong again, I wanted another player over Heyward (who didn’t even work out)

But if lying to yourself to feel better is all you have, enjoy it. Pretty pathetic

Comment

someone said it earlier...swarber to the redsox...... I could see it happening ....redsox zero power.

Comment

Originally posted by MrTop View Post
                        someone said it earlier...swarber to the redsox...... I could see it happening ....redsox zero power.
                        Nah Red Sox would never want to trade for the guy many scouts have compared to David Ortiz

Comment

Rumor is Cubs/Rays renewed Baez for Archer framework

Could be nonsense though, they've been linked on this 3 years in a row.

Comment

According to Comcast Bay Area, the Giants should NOT make a move to trade for Justin Hayward. Apparently he still has touring obligations with the Moody Blues.

Comment

Indians Salazar for Happ could happen?
                              The art of learning is learning who to ignore ~LeAnn Rimes

Comment

Originally posted by Heim View Post
                                Indians Salazar for Happ could happen?
                                Haven’t heard that one but the cubs like Salazar.
                                Michael Jordan isn't anywhere near as athletic as lebron James. Jordan wouldn't even be a top 20 athlete in the game right now in his prime. - Cleveland Homer Big Deemer
                                -

Comment

Working...
                                X