• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LeBron's legacy not what it once was

Originally posted by JavyBaez9 View Post
    https://gfycat.com/BlackandwhiteFailingGoldeneye

look at this defense

Guarantee Michael Jordan never watched someone dribble down the lane like this
    LMAO. Gotcha. You can't keep your story straight.

I thought you told me you never dissed LBJ's Defense and he was a good defender? So which is it?

Here's a hint, I have watched 80% of the Cavs games this year and LBJ is absolutely, positively, still a +Defender.
    Men are born for games. Nothing else... the worth or merit of a game is not inherent in the game itself but rather in the value of that which is put at hazard. Games of chance require a wager to have meaning at all. Games of sport involve the pride of victory & the humiliation of defeat; which are themselves sufficient stake... But trial of chance or worth, all games aspire to the condition of war, for here, that which is wagered swallows up game, player, all.

Comment

Originally posted by GameBred View Post
      LMAO. Gotcha. You can't keep your story straight.

I thought you told me you never dissed LBJ's Defense and he was a good defender? So which is it?

Here's a hint, I have watched 80% of the Cavs games this year and LBJ is absolutely, positively, still a +Defender.
      I guarantee those ex-bulls on the roster are not. LeBron has changed from a one-on-one defender to a help defender, maybe it’s the D they are playing.
      Michael Jordan isn't anywhere near as athletic as lebron James. Jordan wouldn't even be a top 20 athlete in the game right now in his prime. - Cleveland Homer Big Deemer
      -

Comment

Originally posted by FairWarning View Post
        I guarantee those ex-bulls on the roster are not. LeBron has changed from a one-on-one defender to a help defender, maybe it’s the D they are playing.
        Tell that to 7’3 Porzingis; LBJ has always been both.

While he's certainly not perfect on the D-side, his pluses far outweigh his minuses.

As for the Ex-Bulls, not going to argue that but I don't think, Korver, specifically, is the defensive liability that he is made out to be. I know teams target him but he puts forth an honest effort and is a good team defender. You don't play his 4th Qrt minutes if you are a defensive liability.
        Men are born for games. Nothing else... the worth or merit of a game is not inherent in the game itself but rather in the value of that which is put at hazard. Games of chance require a wager to have meaning at all. Games of sport involve the pride of victory & the humiliation of defeat; which are themselves sufficient stake... But trial of chance or worth, all games aspire to the condition of war, for here, that which is wagered swallows up game, player, all.

Comment

Originally posted by JavyBaez9 View Post
          https://gfycat.com/BlackandwhiteFailingGoldeneye

look at this defense

Guarantee Michael Jordan never watched someone dribble down the lane like this
          Where is the GIF of Kyrie blowing by Draymond last night? Is Draymond a shitty defender? Two plays before that, Draymond, w/ zero help, absolutely stuffed Kyrie's penetration and made him dribble out which fucked up the possession.

Where is the GIF of Kyrie's two late off-the ball cuts on Thompson last night? Is Thompson a shitty defender?

I can pick out the best defenders in the world and make them look anything but.

Comment

Actually, forgot about D-Wade. He's been + this year. If he can just focus on that end and pass it to Kyle and Channing on the other end; there will be no stopping us He'll figure it out. I was actually cold to his signing but I like him coming off the bench and what I've seen on the defensive end.

Comment

As a matter of fact, here's what I see happening in the NBA finals this year, w/ Flash coming off the bench:

That 2nd line is going to "dive" in their and get some... at least not get absolutely pummelled w/ LBJ on the bench and that's all we need. Just hold the line.

Comment

Originally posted by MrTop View Post
                maybe lebron in OKC ?
                Possibly staysin the east with Philly...
                Everyone dies......but not everyone lives.....

Comment

No wonder why you think he's the best of all time. His defense is awful. A lot has to do with playing too many minutes having to rest on D.

Comment

Originally posted by raiders72001 View Post
                    No wonder why you think he's the best of all time. His defense is awful. A lot has to do with playing too many minutes having to rest on D.
                    You've been saying this for years along with all the other Joe's while the Pros agree w/ me; you are the one who linked me to the article. Not that I needed the confirmation as I know what I am watching.

I'm watching him, he is not resting on defense. You guys can't get away with that this year, I'm not just watching the highlights, I'm watching the games and what you are saying is not true. I can pick out the best defender in the world and make him look like shit by cherry-picking GIFS.

Can you supply a synopsis of what you have seen him doing defensively that is so poor?

Comment

You've been saying this for years along with all the other Joe's while the Pros agree w/ me; you are the one who linked me to the article. Not that I needed the confirmation as I know what I am watching.

I'm watching him, he is not resting on defense. You guys can't get away with that this year, I'm not just watching the highlights, I'm watching the games and what you are saying is not true. I can pick out the best defender in the world and make him look like shit by cherry-picking GIFS.

Can you supply a synopsis of what you have seen him doing defensively that is so poor?
                      You're the farthest thing from a professional sports gambler. Everyone but you realizes he rests and floats on defense. I can show you many articles too.

Comment

Logging the spot-ups surrendered by the Cavs, about one in every four was the result of either James himself falling asleep, over-helping or ball-watching, or as a result of something else James did
                        posted above

Comment

posted above
                          Can you do any thinking for yourself or do you have to rely on these silly articles? You tell me what you have seen him do on the defensive end and I will do the same.

Comment

You're the farthest thing from a professional sports gambler. Everyone but you realizes he rests and floats on defense. I can show you many articles too.
                            Coming from you, this is a compliment and further proof that you have no idea what you are talking about; but, whats new?

Comment

Coming from you, this is a compliment and further proof that you have no idea what you are talking about; but, whats new?
                              what sports do you bet?

Comment

what sports do you bet?
                                I don't bet, I trade one market in one sport (Soccer) which gives me a decided advantage over anyone not doing the exact same thing.

Comment

Working...
                                X