Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What it's like to live in a well-governed country

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • What it's like to live in a well-governed country

    From Canada to Botswana, these six nations consistently rank highest for their progressive social policies, trust in government and effective justice system

    http://www.bbc.com/travel/story/2018...verned-country
    How you better than somebody? Cuz you said so? Naw man, don't work that way. Sun shine on everybody ass just the same. Get up off your chair and get some.

    Captain Old Earl Johnson Natchez Miss.

  • #2
    Re: What it's like to live in a well governed country

    Thanks for sharing. Great read.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: What it's like to live in a well governed country

      Billy Sink.

      Gradually becoming one of my favorite posters here in Forumville.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: What it's like to live in a well governed country

        Originally posted by Bushay View Post
        Billy Sink.

        Gradually becoming one of my favorite posters here in Forumville.
        My 2 month foray into NHL starts after bye week.
        How you better than somebody? Cuz you said so? Naw man, don't work that way. Sun shine on everybody ass just the same. Get up off your chair and get some.

        Captain Old Earl Johnson Natchez Miss.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: What it's like to live in a well governed country

          Originally posted by billysink View Post
          From Canada to Botswana, these six nations consistently rank highest for their progressive social policies, trust in government and effective justice system

          http://www.bbc.com/travel/story/2018...verned-country
          Botswana is calling your name, enjoy!

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: What it's like to live in a well governed country

            Originally posted by mr merlin View Post
            Botswana is calling your name, enjoy!
            No Mearl, you see I live in one of the top 6 countries.

            No need to go anywhere.

            Sounds like a safe place for anyone tired of their third world existence though. Better standard of living than the entire Southern US
            How you better than somebody? Cuz you said so? Naw man, don't work that way. Sun shine on everybody ass just the same. Get up off your chair and get some.

            Captain Old Earl Johnson Natchez Miss.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: What it's like to live in a well governed country

              Originally posted by billysink View Post
              No Mearl, you see I live in one of the top 6 countries.

              No need to go anywhere.

              Sounds like a safe place for anyone tired of their third world existence though. Better standard of living than the entire Southern US
              Oh really, I look forward to your data that shows botswana has a higher standard of living than florida/tx/nc/ga. etc, start digging.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: What it's like to live in a well governed country

                Botswana LOL

                A man can expect to see 61 year of age on average unemployment is only 18% odds of being undernourished are 1 in 4 and there is a 21% chance you may die of AIDS, but nice governing.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: What it's like to live in a well governed country

                  Originally posted by billysink View Post
                  From Canada to Botswana, these six nations consistently rank highest for their progressive social policies, trust in government and effective justice system

                  http://www.bbc.com/travel/story/2018...verned-country
                  Japan is a place I would love to live if I had money if only for a while at least. Botswana

                  I have been to Canada twice and its alright, the weather is hideous. I would rather live in Florida or California or Texas or Arizona and have less progressive social policies,etc than live in canada and freezing my balls off

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: What it's like to live in a well governed country

                    Canada, where you wait 12 weeks for an MRI, and 4 weeks for cancer treatment, and 41.2 weeks for a specialist.

                    Sounds like a third world shithole to me.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: What it's like to live in a well governed country

                      America is a third world country.

                      Great read!!

                      https://www.ineteconomics.org/perspe...or-most-people
                      How you better than somebody? Cuz you said so? Naw man, don't work that way. Sun shine on everybody ass just the same. Get up off your chair and get some.

                      Captain Old Earl Johnson Natchez Miss.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: What it's like to live in a well governed country

                        And yet, if someone is diagnosed in America with cancer today and needs chemo today, they get chemo today.

                        In Canada, if they suspect they have cancer they wait upwards of 41 weeks for a specialist and the another 4 weeks if they're diagnosed to get a slot to begin treatment.

                        So who is the third world country? Canada is better because after 45 weeks of sitting around with cancer, at least it was free treatment that they never received because the cancer spread to their entire body? Coooooool.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: What it's like to live in a well governed country

                          Originally posted by JavyBaez9 View Post
                          And yet, if someone is diagnosed in America with cancer today and needs chemo today, they get chemo today.

                          In Canada, if they suspect they have cancer they wait upwards of 41 weeks for a specialist and the another 4 weeks if they're diagnosed to get a slot to begin treatment.

                          So who is the third world country? Canada is better because after 45 weeks of sitting around with cancer, at least it was free treatment that they never received because the cancer spread to their entire body? Coooooool.
                          Canada has a lower incidence of cancer and a lower mortality rate. You could have researched that.
                          How you better than somebody? Cuz you said so? Naw man, don't work that way. Sun shine on everybody ass just the same. Get up off your chair and get some.

                          Captain Old Earl Johnson Natchez Miss.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: What it's like to live in a well governed country

                            Botswana has a GDP of approx $6900 per person, Misissippi(our poorest state) is about $35000 per person. Canada, has a gdp of $42000 per person - which means your average canadian is a little better off than people in mississipii. The US has a GDP of $57000 per person.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: What it's like to live in a well governed country

                              Originally posted by billysink View Post
                              Canada has a lower incidence of cancer and a lower mortality rate. You could have researched that.
                              That doesn't even remotely address the fact that if you get cancer in Canada you sit around and wait.

                              Comment


                              • #16
                                Re: What it's like to live in a well governed country

                                Originally posted by mr merlin View Post
                                Botswana has a GDP of approx $6900 per person, Misissippi(our poorest state) is about $35000 per person. Canada, has a gdp of $42000 per person - which means your average canadian is a little better off than people in mississipii. The US has a GDP of $57000 per person.

                                lolololololol

                                Canada been over 50 k since 2014.

                                We invest in infrastructure, social programming, education and crime prevention.

                                You line rich folks pockets.


                                There are more violent crimes per year in Kansas City than the entire country of Canada
                                How you better than somebody? Cuz you said so? Naw man, don't work that way. Sun shine on everybody ass just the same. Get up off your chair and get some.

                                Captain Old Earl Johnson Natchez Miss.

                                Comment


                                • #17
                                  Re: What it's like to live in a well governed country



                                  For anyone who might be tricked into believing Canada is a real country.

                                  This is their political discussion... 'Nonsense, nonsense, nonsense, that's what I believe Canadians deserve"

                                  Comment


                                  • #18
                                    Re: What it's like to live in a well governed country

                                    Riddled with debt
                                    Third World Infrastructure
                                    Highest Rate of gun violence in any developed nation
                                    Bankrupt Federal Emergency Management
                                    Increasing Racial Tension
                                    Extreme Socio Economic imbalance
                                    Divided by Political Hatred

                                    Sounds like Uganda.
                                    How you better than somebody? Cuz you said so? Naw man, don't work that way. Sun shine on everybody ass just the same. Get up off your chair and get some.

                                    Captain Old Earl Johnson Natchez Miss.

                                    Comment


                                    • #19
                                      Re: What it's like to live in a well governed country

                                      Originally posted by billysink View Post
                                      Riddled with debt
                                      Third World Infrastructure
                                      Highest Rate of gun violence in any developed nation
                                      Bankrupt Federal Emergency Management
                                      Increasing Racial Tension
                                      Extreme Socio Economic imbalance
                                      Divided by Political Hatred

                                      Sounds like Uganda.
                                      Not as high as the US/person but the Canadian national debt is $17 mil/person. Pretty substantial in a highly taxed national.

                                      Canadians are probably more racist than Americans. They channel their racism toward the Inuits and other First Nation tribes. A lot has been written about it in the last year.
                                      Michael Jordan isn't anywhere near as athletic as lebron James. Jordan wouldn't even be a top 20 athlete in the game right now in his prime. - Cleveland Homer Big Deemer
                                      -

                                      Comment


                                      • #20
                                        Re: What it's like to live in a well governed country

                                        Botswana. JFC. The article loses all credence with that one.
                                        Maybe it's the best IN AFRICA. That's like saying you're the best dressed man in Albania...
                                        All those countries have pluses & minuses.
                                        I've heard good things about Chile.
                                        New Zealand too.

                                        Note that all those countries are pretty ethnically homogenous. That helps a LOT.
                                        Also note that (ignore the token Botswana entry), all have a very low % of blacks and Muslims. It's politically incorrect to point that out, but it's the 800 lb elephant in the room. The dynamics change drastically in many of the positively mentioned categories when the ethnicity mirrors Alabama or Afghanistan.
                                        Sweden was very much like Denmark. Then they opened their doors to Muslims. Look it up: That's been an unmitigated disaster. They are desperately trying to reverse that. There's a huge lesson there, that many Americans have been brainwashed to ignore.

                                        Comment


                                        • #21
                                          Re: What it's like to live in a well governed country

                                          You know what's funny? Canada is only like 3% black, yet they make up 10% of the population in prison/jail.

                                          In fact, one study showed that despite making up only 3% of the population, they're subject to 27% of Canada's police carding.

                                          One thing is clear, if Canada was 13% black like the United States, they'd be utterly incapable of handling it.

                                          I wish someone told hispanics that Canada was as good as billysink thinks it is. Maybe they'd stop coming here and Canada would have to either be "bigot" like the United States or stop millions and millions of hispanics from stealing from them and ruining their infrastructure. What a choice!

                                          Comment


                                          • #22
                                            Re: What it's like to live in a well governed country

                                            Originally posted by FairWarning View Post
                                            Not as high as the US/person but the Canadian national debt is $17 mil/person. Pretty substantial in a highly taxed national.

                                            Canadians are probably more racist than Americans. They channel their racism toward the Inuits and other First Nation tribes. A lot has been written about it in the last year.
                                            our debt goes back to the country in infrastructure and social programming, crime prevention

                                            yours goes to finance unnecessary wars and line rich peoples pockets
                                            How you better than somebody? Cuz you said so? Naw man, don't work that way. Sun shine on everybody ass just the same. Get up off your chair and get some.

                                            Captain Old Earl Johnson Natchez Miss.

                                            Comment


                                            • #23
                                              Re: What it's like to live in a well governed country

                                              Originally posted by billysink View Post
                                              Riddled with debt
                                              Third World Infrastructure
                                              Highest Rate of gun violence in any developed nation
                                              Bankrupt Federal Emergency Management
                                              Increasing Racial Tension
                                              Extreme Socio Economic imbalance
                                              Divided by Political Hatred

                                              Sounds like Uganda.
                                              Yet so many famous Canadians who can afford it will move to America

                                              I think gretzky lies in California or Arizona, his daughter and Dustin Johnson live in florida, all those celebrities move. The weather just sucks in canada, I would rather go down with the ship in America than slogging it out every day in some icebox

                                              Comment


                                              • #24
                                                Re: What it's like to live in a well governed country

                                                Originally posted by JavyBaez9 View Post
                                                You know what's funny? Canada is only like 3% black, yet they make up 10% of the population in prison/jail.

                                                In fact, one study showed that despite making up only 3% of the population, they're subject to 27% of Canada's police carding.

                                                One thing is clear, if Canada was 13% black like the United States, they'd be utterly incapable of handling it.

                                                I wish someone told hispanics that Canada was as good as billysink thinks it is. Maybe they'd stop coming here and Canada would have to either be "bigot" like the United States or stop millions and millions of hispanics from stealing from them and ruining their infrastructure. What a choice!
                                                Hispanics wrecked our infrastructure.




                                                Ain't that a fukkin shame
                                                How you better than somebody? Cuz you said so? Naw man, don't work that way. Sun shine on everybody ass just the same. Get up off your chair and get some.

                                                Captain Old Earl Johnson Natchez Miss.

                                                Comment


                                                • #25
                                                  Re: What it's like to live in a well governed country

                                                  Originally posted by brockboogienigh View Post
                                                  Yet so many famous Canadians who can afford it will move to America

                                                  I think gretzky lies in California or Arizona, his daughter and Dustin Johnson live in florida, all those celebrities move. The weather just sucks in canada, I would rather go down with the ship in America than slogging it out every day in some icebox
                                                  the rich and famous

                                                  the 1%


                                                  they are much better off in the US.
                                                  How you better than somebody? Cuz you said so? Naw man, don't work that way. Sun shine on everybody ass just the same. Get up off your chair and get some.

                                                  Captain Old Earl Johnson Natchez Miss.

                                                  Comment


                                                  • #26
                                                    Re: What it's like to live in a well-governed country

                                                    All people with ambition are better off in America, lil billy

                                                    Comment


                                                    • #27
                                                      Re: What it's like to live in a well-governed country

                                                      96,000 Mexicans in Canada

                                                      Hard workers, mostly in the agriculture segment.
                                                      How you better than somebody? Cuz you said so? Naw man, don't work that way. Sun shine on everybody ass just the same. Get up off your chair and get some.

                                                      Captain Old Earl Johnson Natchez Miss.

                                                      Comment


                                                      • #28
                                                        Re: What it's like to live in a well-governed country

                                                        Originally posted by JavyBaez9 View Post
                                                        All people with ambition are better off in America, lil billy
                                                        lil

                                                        when I was 11
                                                        How you better than somebody? Cuz you said so? Naw man, don't work that way. Sun shine on everybody ass just the same. Get up off your chair and get some.

                                                        Captain Old Earl Johnson Natchez Miss.

                                                        Comment


                                                        • #29
                                                          Re: What it's like to live in a well-governed country

                                                          Originally posted by billysink View Post
                                                          lil

                                                          when I was 11
                                                          I know two things about you that's always been little.

                                                          Comment


                                                          • #30
                                                            Re: What it's like to live in a well-governed country

                                                            Ive been there, its beautiful. Personally for me I cant live in that kind of weather, Id be miserable.

                                                            A warm 74 degrees down here in middle of January.....

                                                            Just what this old man needs.

                                                            If you happy where you live thats all that matters.

                                                            Comment


                                                            • #31
                                                              Re: What it's like to live in a well-governed country

                                                              Originally posted by JavyBaez9 View Post
                                                              I know two things about you that's always been little.
                                                              You don't know me.

                                                              You would run, not walk away.

                                                              I rather doubt you have the sack to be anywhere near me. Way, way outta your league
                                                              How you better than somebody? Cuz you said so? Naw man, don't work that way. Sun shine on everybody ass just the same. Get up off your chair and get some.

                                                              Captain Old Earl Johnson Natchez Miss.

                                                              Comment


                                                              • #32
                                                                Re: What it's like to live in a well-governed country

                                                                whatever you say old man

                                                                enjoy your 3rd world shithole of a country, but make sure you spend all of your time chatting about American politics regardless

                                                                Comment


                                                                • #33
                                                                  Re: What it's like to live in a well-governed country

                                                                  Originally posted by Patrick McIrish View Post
                                                                  Ive been there, its beautiful. Personally for me I cant live in that kind of weather, Id be miserable.

                                                                  A warm 74 degrees down here in middle of January.....

                                                                  Just what this old man needs.

                                                                  If you happy where you live thats all that matters.



                                                                  Can't argue about that.

                                                                  Fukkin cold here.
                                                                  How you better than somebody? Cuz you said so? Naw man, don't work that way. Sun shine on everybody ass just the same. Get up off your chair and get some.

                                                                  Captain Old Earl Johnson Natchez Miss.

                                                                  Comment


                                                                  • #34
                                                                    Re: What it's like to live in a well governed country

                                                                    Originally posted by billysink View Post
                                                                    the rich and famous

                                                                    the 1%


                                                                    they are much better off in the US.
                                                                    Not all of them . Alot of Canadians retire and move to Florida,Arizona,California etc

                                                                    Comment


                                                                    • #35
                                                                      Re: What it's like to live in a well-governed country

                                                                      Originally posted by JavyBaez9 View Post
                                                                      whatever you say old man

                                                                      enjoy your 3rd world shithole of a country, but make sure you spend all of your time chatting about American politics regardless

                                                                      smart kid

                                                                      back up without tripping, must do it a lot
                                                                      How you better than somebody? Cuz you said so? Naw man, don't work that way. Sun shine on everybody ass just the same. Get up off your chair and get some.

                                                                      Captain Old Earl Johnson Natchez Miss.

                                                                      Comment


                                                                      • #36
                                                                        Re: What it's like to live in a well-governed country

                                                                        The only good thing to come out of Canada is a man named Lauren Southern. Yep, that's right, a man. Canada let her legally change her gender.

                                                                        Comment


                                                                        • #37
                                                                          Re: What it's like to live in a well-governed country

                                                                          Originally posted by billysink View Post
                                                                          Can't argue about that.

                                                                          Fukkin cold here.

                                                                          You always live in cold climate or did you adjust?

                                                                          Im curious, it was in 30s a few days last week and I couldnt stand to leave the house.

                                                                          Doubt I could adjust to Canada cold.

                                                                          Comment


                                                                          • #38
                                                                            Re: What it's like to live in a well governed country

                                                                            Originally posted by brockboogienigh View Post
                                                                            Not all of them . Alot of Canadians retire and move to Florida,Arizona,California etc
                                                                            I would consider if Pinnacle and Matchbook hadn't have taken a shit. Looked at a spot on Big Pine Key several years ago
                                                                            How you better than somebody? Cuz you said so? Naw man, don't work that way. Sun shine on everybody ass just the same. Get up off your chair and get some.

                                                                            Captain Old Earl Johnson Natchez Miss.

                                                                            Comment


                                                                            • #39
                                                                              Re: What it's like to live in a well-governed country

                                                                              Originally posted by Patrick McIrish View Post
                                                                              You always live in cold climate or did you adjust?

                                                                              Im curious, it was in 30s a few days last week and I couldnt stand to leave the house.

                                                                              Doubt I could adjust to Canada cold.
                                                                              Lived in Detroit or Windsor right across the river.

                                                                              That it
                                                                              How you better than somebody? Cuz you said so? Naw man, don't work that way. Sun shine on everybody ass just the same. Get up off your chair and get some.

                                                                              Captain Old Earl Johnson Natchez Miss.

                                                                              Comment


                                                                              • #40
                                                                                Re: What it's like to live in a well-governed country

                                                                                Originally posted by JavyBaez9 View Post
                                                                                The only good thing to come out of Canada is a man named Lauren Southern. Yep, that's right, a man. Canada let her legally change her gender.

                                                                                How's that affect me?
                                                                                How you better than somebody? Cuz you said so? Naw man, don't work that way. Sun shine on everybody ass just the same. Get up off your chair and get some.

                                                                                Captain Old Earl Johnson Natchez Miss.

                                                                                Comment

                                                                                Working...
                                                                                X