Worst Bet Ever?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Worst Bet Ever?

Ive backed a many bad poker players. I once was asked if Id like to split someone's action for a fairly big omaha 8 or better cash game. The guy was a very formidable limit hold em player. 2 rounds in I pull him aside and ask why he is on tilt and calling every freaking hand?! He then admits he doesn't know the rules of the game but is pretty sure he will turn it around soon lol.

I have tons of blowouts in my past as does everyone. Red ink after the 1st quarter. Only one recently has stuck with me I had FSU over 9 wins-135 in college football. The reason it sticks with me is they reschedule ULM the last week to make a voided ticket a loser. That was a joy. Nothing like the old scheduling trick to cost me 1350.

Comment

My worst bet ever was stefan edberg to win us open, he pulled out of tourney 15 minutes later, book would not refund me.

Comment

Bet was at the old frontiere

Comment

Originally posted by John Kelly View Post
          Excellent note, GameBred.

I remember the series well.

LeBron and D-Wade were guilty of premature celebration.

Dirk won a ring because Jason Terry and
          Tyson Chandler played important co-starring roles.
          I also remember they were making fun of Dirk, like he was playing up his injury and I was just like, "Why are you doing that?"
          Men are born for games. Nothing else... the worth or merit of a game is not inherent in the game itself but rather in the value of that which is put at hazard. Games of chance require a wager to have meaning at all. Games of sport involve the pride of victory & the humiliation of defeat; which are themselves sufficient stake... But trial of chance or worth, all games aspire to the condition of war, for here, that which is wagered swallows up game, player, all.

Comment

Working...
          X