Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NFL Off-Season Signings and Draft Speculation

Originally posted by JavyBaez9 View Post
    Aaron Rodgers/Jordy Nelson isn't an extreme case.

You can't be a good QB with zero WR talent. That's just a fact. Sorry.

Look at Tom Brady's stats without Gronk on the field.

Let me guess, Tom Brady isn't good enough to make a back up TE? lol bury this bad take with your money the last few nights fading me.
    Yeah without Jordy Nelson Rodgers is a terrible QB.

Please stop you're killin me kid.
    Clowns make me laugh! :+textinb3

Comment

Originally posted by NowshesmyRuca View Post
      The single biggest factor in making a QB is how good his run game is.
      Patriots and Packers have never had an impressive ground game and those two are clearly the best.

Oh boy... you're filling out a short bus special notecard today

Comment

NE has been in the top half of the league the last 2 years and GB was top 10 from 2012 - 2015. oops

And your still talking about the outliers kid. Yeah pick the HOF out and use them as the only examples. Jesus Christ I could set here all night and keep using you as a punching bag

Comment

The single biggest factor in making a QB is how good his run game is.
          Not with NE. They have passed to get a big lead, then run for the majority of Belichek’s stay in NE.
          Michael Jordan isn't anywhere near as athletic as lebron James. Jordan wouldn't even be a top 20 athlete in the game right now in his prime. - Cleveland Homer Big Deemer
          -

Comment

Patriots and Packers have never had an impressive ground game and those two are clearly the best.

Oh boy... you're filling out a short bus special notecard today
            Top 10 3 years in a row. Not impressive.

Comment

Originally posted by FairWarning View Post
              Not with NE. They have passed to get a big lead, then run for the majority of Belichek’s stay in NE.
              Yes I know Tom Brady is a hall of famer Jesus Christ you people.

Comment

Ruca, you're just humiliating yourself here to attempt to troll.

QBs need talent to pass to. This isn't an opinion. When a 5th string WR in San Diego comes in and is your clear best weapon, that shows an OUTLIER level of lack of WR talent.

But you don't care. You just want to troll and shit up another thread.

Onwards and upwards.

Comment

Yeah by saying that a good running game is the biggest single factor in helping a QB become successful I;m trolling. Seriously can not make this shit up.

Comment

Yeah by saying that a good running game is the biggest single factor in helping a QB become successful I;m trolling. Seriously can not make this shit up.
                    Playmakers on the outside actually make the QB most successful. You can survive without a ground game. I'm sure I could show you dozens of examples of QBs having solid years without a good ground game. You can't survive with no one to throw the ball to. Sorry.

Comment

Playmakers on the outside actually make the QB most successful. You can survive without a ground game. I'm sure I could show you dozens of examples of QBs having solid years without a good ground game. You can't survive with no one to throw the ball to. Sorry.
                      Dont blame Ruca.....blame Bear management.....or better yet, give the Bears front office a call tomorrow....and I would argue that an offensive line makes for a good QB...the NFL is a team game with many moving parts to be successful...
                      Everyone dies......but not everyone lives.....

Comment

Originally posted by Viejo Dinosaur View Post
                        Dont blame Ruca.....blame Bear management.....or better yet, give the Bears front office a call tomorrow....and I would argue that an offensive line makes for a good QB...the NFL is a team game with many moving parts to be successful...
                        Bears didn't do right by Cutler and if they don't get a few competent WRs in, they'll ruin Trubisky too. Who isn't blaming Bears management?

Comment

Dolphins trade Jarvis Landry to the Browns for two picks, neither pick is expected to be in the first two rounds
                          All great genius encounters violent opposition from mediocre minds

Comment

Odd trade for Cleveland unless they are trying to lure a proven qb.
                            Michael Jordan isn't anywhere near as athletic as lebron James. Jordan wouldn't even be a top 20 athlete in the game right now in his prime. - Cleveland Homer Big Deemer
                            -

Comment

Bears didn't do right by Cutler and if they don't get a few competent WRs in, they'll ruin Trubisky too. Who isn't blaming Bears management?
                              The Bears had a lot of weapons for him toward the end - at the expense of the defense.
                              -

Comment

Bears need to swoop in and lock Allen Robinson up.

Comment

Bears very quiet....they could have used Landry.....

Browns make a good deal....

Comment

2 picks and 15 million per year for a slot receiver?

If they sign Robinson, that’ll be a 100x better of a move

Comment

Bills trade Tyrod Taylor to the Browns for a mid round pick

Comment

So DeMarco Murray is done at 30!?
                                        The art of learning is learning who to ignore ~LeAnn Rimes

Comment

• Re: NFL Off-Season Signings and Draft Speculation

Originally posted by Heim View Post
                                          So DeMarco Murray is done at 30!?
                                          As a every down back, yes. RB's have a short shelf life.
                                          -

Comment

I just got traded to the Browns.

Comment

Browns trade DeShone Kizer to the Packers

Comment

Browns are making some smart decisions 1st of which is not throwing their young QB to the wolves.

Comment

Browns should take Saquon Barkley #1 and their QB of choice #4.

If they don't, they're morons.

Comment

Browns should take Saquon Barkley #1 and their QB of choice #4.

If they don't, they're morons.
                                                    Agreed. I don't think any of these guys are heads above any of the others. It's more important they put their draft pick in a position to succeed more than who it is.

Comment

Not if the Dolphins wanted Jordan Howard in return. Look at what they got from Cleveland, a 4th and 7th rounder? Crazy that the Bears even entertained the idea of trading a workhorse back for a possession WR.

Speaking of the Bears, drafting Trubisky may very well be the right move. Granted, they didn't need to give up 3 picks to SF, but the Browns took a look at the top 3-4 QBs in this draft and decided they'd take Tyrod Taylor instead. Definitely damning of the QBs in this draft.

Comment

And how about the Browns? Getting a decent CB in Randle for a terrible QB in Kizer. What was GB thinking? Is Randle a clubhouse cancer? If not, that made no sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Valuist View Post
                                                          Not if the Dolphins wanted Jordan Howard in return. Look at what they got from Cleveland, a 4th and 7th rounder? Crazy that the Bears even entertained the idea of trading a workhorse back for a possession WR.

Speaking of the Bears, drafting Trubisky may very well be the right move. Granted, they didn't need to give up 3 picks to SF, but the Browns took a look at the top 3-4 QBs in this draft and decided they'd take Tyrod Taylor instead. Definitely damning of the QBs in this draft.

Comment

Tyrod is there to keep the seat warm while the rookie sits a year. I thought that was pretty obvious.

Comment

Tyrod is there to keep the seat warm while the rookie sits a year. I thought that was pretty obvious.
                                                              They could've let Kizer do that. They already have a 2nd round pick invested in him.

Comment

What a day for Dorsey and Cleveland. That's how a top GM does business. Gets the best slot receiver in the NFL for a 4 and 7? Miami is nuts. If they don't tag Landry, and he walks, they likely get a 3rd round comp pick for him next year.
                                                                Then they get a QB you can win with, for a 3rd, and takes away any urgency to draft a QB. They still could, with #4, but they don't have to. Meanwhile they'll get the best player in the draft in Barkley, Barkley to be the workhirse RB, Gordon, Landry, and Coleman at WR, a good young TE, and one of the more solid OL's in the league. Then they get a legit Young starting CB for Kizer, who who will be 3rd string in GB, and can't play. .
                                                                This likely means Joe Thomas will be back, he loved Tyrod. Cleve Over 4.5 wins @, (5Dimes already moved it massively), looks like a safe bet, and some other odds might be attractive, even with the long hold. should drop quickly. Not knowing Schedules, Ill say Cleve is a .500. Plus they'll get first dibs on playerers waiverd, He o[picked uon 7 startes that They haven't started yet, but can be this years;'s Jax. When Dorsey went to KC, he went from 2 to 11 wins his first season. They haven't even stared yeat, and may be #2 in their division. If Hue don't F it up, they can win, and challenge for the division.

Comment

Another team that's not fooling around is the rams. They suddenly have the 2 best CB's,and a great safety, to go with Aaaron Donald and the crew up front. If they can keep Watikns at QR, look out!!

Comment

Good thread to discuss what you think teams will do.

The Bears are in luck this year as there are a lot of names popping out on the Free agent market for WR potentially.

Possible names:

Jarvis Landry

Allen Robinson

Sammy Watkins

I'm hoping for Allen Robinson personally.
                                                                    Why are the Bears not making any noise in the off season...they could sure use help...meanwhile the Rams, Eagles, and Browns are getting stronger...even Buffalo is trying...

Comment

Originally posted by TheGuesser View Post
                                                                      Another team that's not fooling around is the rams. They suddenly have the 2 best CB's,and a great safety, to go with Aaaron Donald and the crew up front. If they can keep Watikns at QR, look out!!
                                                                      I like Watkins a lot, can’t stay on the field though.
                                                                      -

Comment

Originally posted by Valuist View Post
                                                                        They could've let Kizer do that. They already have a 2nd round pick invested in him.
                                                                        Kizer was not the way to go and they got a decent return on him. What would happen if he had a good year? A split locker room with 2 young QBs.

Cleveland did the smartest thing they could by going out and getting a vet in a contract year. Doesn't matter how he does they'll have a viable excuse not to resign him.

Comment

Kizer was not the way to go and they got a decent return on him. What would happen if he had a good year? A split locker room with 2 young QBs.

Cleveland did the smartest thing they could by going out and getting a vet in a contract year. Doesn't matter how he does they'll have a viable excuse not to resign him.
                                                                          I agree Cleveland got a decent return for a guy who was terrible last year. Taylor has a lifetime QB rating of 91. I'm just not sure any of these guys in the draft are any better than that. Probably somebody will be, but which one? Does Cleveland draft Barkley first and let the others make the QB decisions (possibly) at 2 and 3?

Comment

Originally posted by TheGuesser View Post
                                                                            What a day for Dorsey and Cleveland. That's how a top GM does business. Gets the best slot receiver in the NFL for a 4 and 7? Miami is nuts. If they don't tag Landry, and he walks, they likely get a 3rd round comp pick for him next year.
                                                                            Then they get a QB you can win with, for a 3rd, and takes away any urgency to draft a QB. They still could, with #4, but they don't have to. Meanwhile they'll get the best player in the draft in Barkley, Barkley to be the workhirse RB, Gordon, Landry, and Coleman at WR, a good young TE, and one of the more solid OL's in the league. Then they get a legit Young starting CB for Kizer, who who will be 3rd string in GB, and can't play. .
                                                                            This likely means Joe Thomas will be back, he loved Tyrod. Cleve Over 4.5 wins @, (5Dimes already moved it massively), looks like a safe bet, and some other odds might be attractive, even with the long hold. should drop quickly. Not knowing Schedules, Ill say Cleve is a .500. Plus they'll get first dibs on playerers waiverd, He o[picked uon 7 startes that They haven't started yet, but can be this years;'s Jax. When Dorsey went to KC, he went from 2 to 11 wins his first season. They haven't even stared yeat, and may be #2 in their division. If Hue don't F it up, they can win, and challenge for the division.
                                                                            Cleveland will be lucky to win 1 game next year. Nothing they have done will improve that team. Tyrod Taylor..... 😯🔫

Comment

I disagree Ruca. I think trading for Taylor means the Browns don't think any of the guys coming out are franchise QB's, if they wanted someone to keep the seat warm they would have signed a Ryan Fitzpatrick, Josh McCown, Glennon, someone like that, a journeyman who would only be there one year, but I don't see them drafting a QB and having Taylor for only one year, I think Taylor will be their QB for the foreseeable future, I would be surprised if they took a QB at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by kane View Post
                                                                                I disagree Ruca. I think trading for Taylor means the Browns don't think any of the guys coming out are franchise QB's, if they wanted someone to keep the seat warm they would have signed a Ryan Fitzpatrick, Josh McCown, Glennon, someone like that, a journeyman who would only be there one year, but I don't see them drafting a QB and having Taylor for only one year, I think Taylor will be their QB for the foreseeable future, I would be surprised if they took a QB at this point.
                                                                                the browns will 100% draft a QB this year.

Taylor is in a contract year. the Browns couldn't afford another abysmal season so showing some sense of competitiveness for the young guys and etc was essential. signing another bum to hold the seat wasn't going to be acceptable.

Browns will draft a QB @4.

Comment

Yeah, it’s pretty obvious they got Tyrod to shut the fan base up about starting the QB they draft.

A slightly more competent version of signing that long necked douche Mike Glennon.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                  X