Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EOG's Grand Challenge presented by BetDSI (FairWarning is our April contestant)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: EOG's Grand Challenge presented by BetDSI (FairWarning is our April contestant)

A record of 1-4-2 over the last seven selections.

Hang in there, FW.

Comment

Re: EOG's Grand Challenge presented by BetDSI (FairWarning is our April contestant)

Originally posted by FairWarning View Post
      Awful run I’m on.
      7-7-2 is much better than I thought you would do

Comment

Originally posted by railbird View Post
        If he was able to past post and make up lines I'm sure his record would be better, scumbag
        All great genius encounters violent opposition from mediocre minds

Comment

Back to your corners, men.

And get the punches up, nothing below the belt.

Comment

Re: NoRe: EOG's Grand Challenge presented by BetDSI (FairWarning is our April contestant)

960 St Louis - Cubs under 8+102

Hoping the combo of rust and cold keeps this under.
            Michael Jordan isn't anywhere near as athletic as lebron James. Jordan wouldn't even be a top 20 athlete in the game right now in his prime. - Cleveland Homer Big Deemer
            -

Comment

60% push rate get you $100?
              Michael Jordan isn't anywhere near as athletic as lebron James. Jordan wouldn't even be a top 20 athlete in the game right now in his prime. - Cleveland Homer Big Deemer
              -

Comment

60% push rate get you $100?

I love pushes when assessing the gambling skills of a sports bettor.

Many times, the shrewd shopper will earn a refund ("push") when everyone else on the same side loses their money.

Comment

FW's current record is 7-7-3.

Four consecutive ties from here will pay an EOG guaranteed jackpot of $7.77.

Comment

907 Wash +100 vs Mets

Basically fading the move from Wash opening the fav to a PK. If its a rainout, I'll replace it with 517 Ind +8.
                    -

Comment

907 Wash +100 vs Mets

Basically fading the move from Wash opening the fav to a PK. If its a rainout, I'll replace it with 517 Ind +8.

You needed more rain in New York.

Nevertheless, good call on the Pacers.

FW's current record is 7-8-3.

Comment

Wrong hunch.
                        -

Comment

They have given me two losses and I'm going back to the well here -

523 Philly -2.5 -108

Not much to pick from and the one I really liked is moving away from me (Pirates).
                          -

Comment

They have given me two losses and I'm going back to the well here -

523 Philly -2.5 -108

Not much to pick from and the one I really liked is moving away from me (Pirates).

Final score: Sixers 128 Heat 108.

A romping winner for FW to even his mark at 8-8-3.

Comment

Originally posted by railbird View Post
                              Keep gasping for air Rail....your time will come....
                              Everyone dies......but not everyone lives.....

Comment

Time for a 5 game winning streak FW....
                                Everyone dies......but not everyone lives.....

Comment

712 Ind -1.5. -109

should be a lot of public support for the Cavs after LBJ’s big game, yet they are still the dog. I’ll take a game Pacer team that has played them tough in two road games.
                                  -

Comment

Nice, you deserved a W.

Comment

712 Ind -1.5. -109

should be a lot of public support for the Cavs after LBJ’s big game, yet they are still the dog. I’ll take a game Pacer team that has played them tough in two road games.

Final score: Pacers 92 Cavs 90.

FW improves to 9-8-2.

He'll be shooting for his third straight victory on Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by John Kelly View Post
                                        Final score: Pacers 92 Cavs 90.

FW improves to 9-8-2.

He'll be shooting for his third straight victory on Saturday.
                                        should be 9-8-3

goodluck FW

Comment

• Re: EOG's Grand Challenge presented by BetDSI (FairWarning is our April contestant)

Originally posted by dingo View Post
                                          should be 9-8-3

goodluck FW

9-8-3, it is.

Thanks for checking in, DINGO.

Comment

• Re: EOG's Grand Challenge presented by BetDSI (FairWarning is our April contestant)

721 Houston -5.5 -109

Must-win game for Minn as its their first home playoff games in years and the crowd should be jacked. Best way to take them out of it is for Houston to dictate tempo. Even if KAT has a bounceback game, he'll need help from an ailing Butler. Thibs plays the regular season with playoff intensity, not sure if the T-Wolves have a higher gear. It should be a close game throughout, but Houston has more playmakers to extend a lead late.
                                            -

Comment

919 KC-Detroit over 9-110

Finally some nice weather, hope the ball carries.
                                              -

Comment

FW with a record of 9-9-3 after 21 plays.

Good luck today at Comerica.

Comment

FW with a record of 9-9-3 after 21 plays.

Good luck today at Comerica.
                                                  A nice day for a change, I should have went to The Cell (it will always be The Cell to me) to see the World Champs.
                                                  -

Comment

919 KC-Detroit over 9-110

Finally some nice weather, hope the ball carries.

Final score: Kansas City 8 Detroit 5.

A handy winner for FairWarning.

All eight runs scored by the Royals came via the home run: a grand slam by Almonte, a three-run shot by Moustakas and a solo homer by Merrifield.

FW improves to 10-9-3.

Comment

967 Seattle-ChiSox over 9 -102 (Fullmer now listed).

Nicest weather day of the year for the Sox at home. Too bad for Fullmer that he is bumped up a day. The Sox bullpen has been no treat either, getting worked over by Oak and Houston. I’m playing the Seattle TT over on my own, wouldn’t surprise me if they get to 9 themselves.
                                                      -

Comment

Tailing you at a worse number. Let’s get the money.

Comment

The South Siders with a 5-spot in the first inning.

Comment

967 Seattle-ChiSox over 9 -102 (Fullmer now listed).

Nicest weather day of the year for the Sox at home. Too bad for Fullmer that he is bumped up a day. The Sox bullpen has been no treat either, getting worked over by Oak and Houston. I’m playing the Seattle TT over on my own, wouldn’t surprise me if they get to 9 themselves.

Final score: White Sox 10 Mariners 4.

FW improves to 11-9-3 for a winning rate of 55%, five percentage points behind the ultimate goal.

Comment

Final score: White Sox 10 Mariners 4.

FW improves to 11-9-3 for a winning rate of 55%, five percentage points behind the ultimate goal.
                                                              Shame on you JK. .543

But roll off 3 more in a row and we're back in business!

Comment

Nope. JK is correct. Win % is defined as W/(W+L), ties are ignored.

FW needs to go 4-1-2, 6-1, or better (5-1-1, 5-0-2, 6-0-1, 7-0-0, etc.) to have a win % of 60% or greater to win the challenge.

Comment

Originally posted by ComptrBob View Post
                                                                  Nope. JK is correct. Win % is defined as W/(W+L), ties are ignored.

FW needs to go 4-1-2, 6-1, or better (5-1-1, 5-0-2, 6-0-1, 7-0-0, etc.) to have a win % of 60% or greater to win the challenge.
                                                                  Music to my ears when ComptrBob writes, "JK is correct."

It rarely happens so allow me to soak it in.

Comment

I never thought I would see the day when ComptrBob was in my capping thread. Hope to make it worth his while.

901 ATL -107. Going with the better team at a near pk.
                                                                    -

Comment

Ties are ignored, but in the meantime they count based on the quantity of plays.

I may need to re-visit my 'now I've heard it all' archive as a statistician.

Comment

Originally posted by jimmythegreek View Post
                                                                        Ties are ignored, but in the meantime they count based on the quantity of plays.

I may need to re-visit my 'now I've heard it all' archive as a statistician.
                                                                        Yeah, when its your contest, you can define it the way you like.

Comment

Yeah, when its your contest, you can define it the way you like.
                                                                          Never said it was my contest. I'm just keeping it real. No need to develop an attitude.

Comment

Originally posted by jimmythegreek View Post
                                                                            I'm just keeping it real. No need to develop an attitude.
                                                                            Maybe you should refrain from trying to "correct" JK when your "reality" is incorrect.

JFR, there is nothing "statistically" in error or inconsistent with by defining win% as W/(W+L) with ties ignored and defining the # of plays as W+L+T. If the contest sponsor wanted, they could reasonably define win% as W/(W+L+T) and FW would be at 47.83% or define it the way you apparently want.

Comment

Maybe you should refrain from trying to "correct" JK when your "reality" is incorrect.

JFR, there is nothing "statistically" in error or inconsistent with by defining win% as W/(W+L) with ties ignored and defining the # of plays as W+L+T. If the contest sponsor wanted, they could reasonably define win% as W/(W+L+T) and FW would be at 47.83% or define it the way you apparently want.
                                                                              Perhaps you should stop taking such posts so seriously as John knew I was just playing. And how would FW be below 50% in the first place when it's self explanatory to calculate ties as known currently sitting with a winning record?

Comment

Did I accidentally click on the Javy-Ruca thread?

Comment

Originally posted by TEXED View Post
                                                                                  Did I accidentally click on the Javy-Ruca thread?

Funny, very funny.

Bob and Jimmy with a friendly spat.

Not quite the vitriol seen across other threads here.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                  X