Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cavs vs. Pacers : What's the series line?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cavs vs. Pacers : What's the series line?

Can't forget the time he called the cops saying someone spraypainted a racial slur on his fence and then covered it up before cops got there.
    clearly mentally ill.

I like the bizarre turn this thread took. not shocked that it went this way.

Comment

Originally posted by JavyBaez9 View Post
      Promising a title to a city, failing, quitting on the court with a lazy effort, mocking poor people for still being poor in a press conference, and then bolting to team up with 2 top 5 PER players and promising them 8 titles and delivering 2 and then calling himself the victim of it all makes someone mentally ill.

I know you like the guy, but what i just said above all happened. It can't disappear.
      He won a championship for the city of Cleveland. And if you're going to micro manage every word the guy's said in his career, go ahead. I could list hundreds of things you've said on this very forum that would make anyone think you're mentally ill, those posts can't disappear either
      All great genius encounters violent opposition from mediocre minds

Comment

now is it bizarre or are you not shocked, ttaylor?

get your story straight you mother fucker

Comment

I'm wondering if this TT fiasco will have any negative affect on the team. He is more or less a bench player now, so probably not.

Comment

Originally posted by lastyle7 View Post
            I'm wondering if this TT fiasco will have any negative affect on the team. He is more or less a bench player now, so probably not.
            GM Lebron assured Gilbert he was a max contract worth while player.

Comment

Originally posted by ttaylor89 View Post
              Can't forget the time he called the cops saying someone spraypainted a racial slur on his fence and then covered it up before cops got there.
              clearly mentally ill.

I like the bizarre turn this thread took. not shocked that it went this way.
              It started when Javy said LeBron wouldn't listen to Pop if he was his coach, when I proved him wrong and Javy realized how dumb his comment was, he steered the conversation in the direction of LeBron somehow being mentally ill

Comment

Originally posted by kane View Post
                He won a championship for the city of Cleveland. And if you're going to micro manage every word the guy's said in his career, go ahead. I could list hundreds of things you've said on this very forum that would make anyone think you're mentally ill, those posts can't disappear either
                And I'm sure I would have said none of them in a public press conference. So...

Comment

And I'm sure I would have said none of them in a public press conference. So...
                  And nothing LeBron has said would ever lead anyone to think he's mentally ill

Comment

Javy is still mad Lebron ended the Bulls run before it started.

Lmao
                    EoG 500 Champion (2/2014)
                    EoG NBA Post-Up 2nd Place (2015)

Comment

now is it bizarre or are you not shocked, ttaylor?

get your story straight you mother fucker

bizzare

Comment

Originally posted by BigDeemer View Post
                        Javy is still mad Lebron ended the Bulls run before it started.

Lmao
                        I was mad back in like 2011 buddy. Couldn’t care less anymore.

Cavs and Indians will both fall short again this year. Never forget Game 7.

Comment

Don't mind the Bucks +130 series.
                          May wait and see if they release a Bucks +X games in the series
                          Also hoping to get a Miami +X games

Comment

Originally posted by ttaylor89 View Post
                            Don't mind the Bucks +130 series.
                            May wait and see if they release a Bucks +X games in the series
                            Also hoping to get a Miami +X games
                            I'm a Celtics fan so I'll admit I'm biased, but even with all their injuries I think they have enough to beat the Bucks. Milwaukee underachieved this season and Brad Stevens is miles ahead of Joe Prunty, unless the Greek Freak goes off (which is a possibility), I think Boston advances

Comment

Horford I think will be the X factor. He should have his way with Henson/Maker. Monroe should also have his way with any of those guys. I wonder if Milwaukee plays a slighty undersized parker on Horford.

I really like Brown and Tatum, but I think they're gonna have their hands full with Middleton and Giannas.
                              Jabari Parker and Brogdan will be nice off the bench too.

Marcus smart injury I think hurts them quite a bit. Brown and Tatum are both going to have to play well.

Comment

Smart is their best perimeter defender, his loss is bigger than the casual NBA fan would realize, and Horford will have to be guarded at the three point line. The Bucks have talent, but they underachieved all year. Terry Rozier is one of the best backup PG's in the league, he isn't Kyrie, but fans not familiar with him will find out how good he is, and even though they're very young, I think Tatum and Brown will step up and play well, I think this will be a long series, but I can't overlook the coaching advantage the C's have, and I think in the end they pull it out, but Milwaukee winning wouldn't surprise me, GL with your wager

Comment

Smart is their best perimeter defender, his loss is bigger than the casual NBA fan would realize, and Horford will have to be guarded at the three point line. The Bucks have talent, but they underachieved all year. Terry Rozier is one of the best backup PG's in the league, he isn't Kyrie, but fans not familiar with him will find out how good he is, and even though they're very young, I think Tatum and Brown will step up and play well, I think this will be a long series, but I can't overlook the coaching advantage the C's have, and I think in the end they pull it out, but Milwaukee winning wouldn't surprise me, GL with your wager

Yea I like Rozier as well. Him vs Bledsoe should be fun.

Comment

I know it seems farfetched but how does Tristan Thompson perform right now with all that b.s. going on? Does it affect his team?

Comment

Heaviest series action in Vegas is on Pacers.
                                      The art of learning is learning who to ignore ~LeAnn Rimes

Comment

What's the line Cle vs Tor?

Comment

Originally posted by Heim View Post
                                          Heaviest series action in Vegas is on Pacers.
                                          Incorrect suppositions lead to incorrect probability distributions.

They may think Indy's chances outweigh the odds but their not pricing in (and they never do) the fact that no man, born of woman, can do shit to LBJ. He will go absolutely Apeshit before he goes out in Rd 1. I don't know what's going to happen but I'm confident the Cavs will advance.
                                          Men are born for games. Nothing else... the worth or merit of a game is not inherent in the game itself but rather in the value of that which is put at hazard. Games of chance require a wager to have meaning at all. Games of sport involve the pride of victory & the humiliation of defeat; which are themselves sufficient stake... But trial of chance or worth, all games aspire to the condition of war, for here, that which is wagered swallows up game, player, all.

Comment

Originally posted by GameBred View Post
                                            Incorrect suppositions lead to incorrect probability distributions.

They may think Indy's chances outweigh the odds but their not pricing in (and they never do) the fact that no man, born of woman, can do shit to LBJ. He will go absolutely Apeshit before he goes out in Rd 1. I don't know what's going to happen but I'm confident the Cavs will advance.
                                            There is no exact science to quantifying this but I think if you price up the risk absent this info, an appropriate adjustment would be about 5-points of Win Probability Added.

An example may help:

If you think the Series Fair Price is 1.25 (80%) for Cavs to advance, then we add 5 win probability points to get us to an 85% chance, which would translate to ~1.18.

Am I joking or am I serious....

Men are born for games. Nothing else... the worth or merit of a game is not inherent in the game itself but rather in the value of that which is put at hazard. Games of chance require a wager to have meaning at all. Games of sport involve the pride of victory & the humiliation of defeat; which are themselves sufficient stake... But trial of chance or worth, all games aspire to the condition of war, for here, that which is wagered swallows up game, player, all.

Comment

Two teams with almost identical records, but one of them is a 7/1 favorite because of one guy

Comment

Two teams with almost identical records, but one of them is a 7/1 favorite because of one guy
                                                Doesn't Lebron always lose the first game? May as well bet the Cavs after LeBrick tanks game 1 for drama.

Comment

Doesn't Lebron always lose the first game? May as well bet the Cavs after LeBrick tanks game 1 for drama.

The last 2 seasons the Cavs have lost 3 games before the finals in the playoffs. None of them being a game 1.
                                                  But it's a new year, so who knows maybe Lebrick tanks game 1 for drama.

Comment

LeBron is 48 -7 in the first round of the playoffs, and has won 21 consecutive first round games which is a league record. So the answer to your question would be no. LeBron hasn't lost a game in the first round since 2012

Comment

Ummmmmm, no.

Comment

He will lose one this year. Turner and Sabonis will provide an interesting test. I still don't like Clevelands defense which is why teams will make a lot of games very competitive in these playoffs.

Comment

New information has come to light that proves you were right; at least in my eyes.

It is now my belief that LBJ is actually 6'9 and not 6'8 (what he is listed at).

Please amend the record.

Thank you.

Comment

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/05/leb...oad-miami-heat

Looks like Lebron James just used to struggle with game 1's on the road, as in, he never wins them. Not sure if he has since then, the Nba sucks anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by IWishIWasAPro View Post
                                                              He will lose one this year. Turner and Sabonis will provide an interesting test. I still don't like Clevelands defense which is why teams will make a lot of games very competitive in these playoffs.
                                                              Yeah, typically LeBron's first round matchups are a mismatch, but these two teams are evenly matched except for one guy. I think Indy gives them a battle, Oladipo really came into his own this year, and Nate McMillan did a great job with a team no one thought would even make the playoffs, if Indy won two games it wouldn't surprise me

Comment

Looks like Lebron James just used to struggle with game 1's on the road, as in, he never wins them. Not sure if he has since then, the Nba sucks anyway.
                                                                Makes sense being that if you have a game 1 on the road you are more than likely a dog.

Comment

Those games were the first road game anytime during the playoffs, not the first round. Like I posted above, LeBron has won 21 straight first round games, the last time he lost a game in the opening round was 2012 when his team won 4-1, his last 5 first round series have ended in sweeps

Comment

Yeah, typically LeBron's first round matchups are a mismatch, but these two teams are evenly matched except for one guy. I think Indy gives them a battle, Oladipo really came into his own this year, and Nate McMillan did a great job with a team no one thought would even make the playoffs, if Indy won two games it wouldn't surprise me

Yea I like Indys lineup at pretty much every spot over the cavs, except the one that matters and they really don't have a guy to play him, unless Lance Stephenson is up to his old tricks and gets in his head. Certainly possible with the new info that he's mentally ill and those guys normally don't respond well to pests.

Who's Turner gonna guard though? Cavs starting Love at center? gonna be tough.

Comment

Those games were the first road game anytime during the playoffs, not the first round. Like I posted above, LeBron has won 21 straight first round games, the last time he lost a game in the opening round was 2012 when his team won 4-1, his last 5 first round series have ended in sweeps
                                                                      This has more to do with the sad state of the Eastern Conference than anything else. I remember Lebron struggling to knock off a Bulls team without Rose, Deng, or Noah. Little Nate Robinson gave him everything he could handle.

Comment

This has more to do with the sad state of the Eastern Conference than anything else. I remember Lebron struggling to knock off a Bulls team without Rose, Deng, or Noah. Little Nate Robinson gave him everything he could handle.
                                                                        Or it has more to do with one of the best to ever play the game taking care of business in the first round

Comment

Or it has more to do with one of the best to ever play the game taking care of business in the first round
                                                                          Michael Jordan is retired

Comment

He said "one of the best" (lebrick) taking care of business in the first rd. which is true.

He didn't say "the best" (Jordan) taking care of business in the first rd. Because that wouldn't be true.

Comment

• #78

Michael Jordan is retired
                                                                              I said one of the best, which can't be denied by even the most avid LeBron hater. BTW, Jordan lost in the first round before, something LeBron has yet to do

Comment

• #79

I said one of the best, which can't be denied by even the most avid LeBron hater. BTW, Jordan lost in the first round before, something LeBron has yet to do
                                                                                Jordan never lost a series when favored.

Comment

• #80

Originally posted by raiders72001 View Post
                                                                                  Jordan never lost a series when favored.

are you sure? lost to orlando when he came back off the layoff.....was chicago favored ?

Comment

Working...
                                                                                  X