Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kyle Schwarber

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #41
    Re: Kyle Schwarber

    Originally posted by JavyBaez9 View Post
    https://www.fangraphs.com/leaders.as...rs=0&page=2_30

    He made a diving play as well, bad break on it, also recovered from stepping on his laces... this is classic confirmation bias.

    Cespedes needs to be a DH more than Schwarber. Would keep him healthier and he's given up all fucks in caring about defense... how he went from a gold glover to one of the worst outfielders in baseball in a few years is crazy to me.

    Every time I turn on a Sox game Nicky Delmonico is botching a ball in LF, but the numbers show he's not quite the worst LF so far.
    Schwarber has to make diving plays when it would be routine for most because he gets such bad jumps and takes awful reads.
    Hes a clown show in the field.

    Comment


    • #42
      Re: Kyle Schwarber

      Originally posted by Heisenberg View Post
      Schwarber has to make diving plays when it would be routine for most because he gets such bad jumps and takes awful reads.
      Hes a clown show in the field.



      agree... good points Heisenberg

      Comment


      • #43
        Re: Kyle Schwarber

        3.9 %
        How you better than somebody? Cuz you said so? Naw man, don't work that way. Sun shine on everybody ass just the same. Get up off your chair and get some.

        Captain Old Earl Johnson Natchez Miss.

        Comment


        • #44
          Re: Kyle Schwarber

          Originally posted by Heisenberg View Post
          Schwarber has to make diving plays when it would be routine for most because he gets such bad jumps and takes awful reads.
          Hes a clown show in the field.
          and yet defensive metrics show him league average or so for LF

          LF is where you stick your worst defender

          there are at least 10 LF worse than him

          facts are facts

          Comment


          • #45
            Re: Kyle Schwarber

            Originally posted by Heisenberg View Post
            Schwarber has to make diving plays when it would be routine for most because he gets such bad jumps and takes awful reads.
            Hes a clown show in the field.
            Good call Heisey
            All great genius encounters violent opposition from mediocre minds

            Comment


            • #46
              Re: Kyle Schwarber

              What's funny is some here who cite defensive stats constantly when it benefits them now go no no no, the metrics that consistently put Schwarber at league average are way off base and he needs to go to AL

              lol

              clown show

              I'm the most realist Cubs fan there is... I'd say I'm more pessimistic than most, I think we're doomed with Quintana and Darvish spearheading our rotation.

              Comment


              • #47
                Re: Kyle Schwarber

                Originally posted by JavyBaez9 View Post
                What's funny is some here who cite defensive stats constantly when it benefits them now go no no no, the metrics that consistently put Schwarber at league average are way off base and he needs to go to AL

                lol

                clown show

                I'm the most realist Cubs fan there is... I'd say I'm more pessimistic than most, I think we're doomed with Quintana and Darvish spearheading our rotation.
                Thanks for the laugh kid
                All great genius encounters violent opposition from mediocre minds

                Comment


                • #48
                  Re: Kyle Schwarber

                  shwarma is a platoon player with a career stat line of not much

                  I hope he plays left field for his entire career just for the highlight reel.
                  How you better than somebody? Cuz you said so? Naw man, don't work that way. Sun shine on everybody ass just the same. Get up off your chair and get some.

                  Captain Old Earl Johnson Natchez Miss.

                  Comment


                  • #49
                    Re: Kyle Schwarber

                    OPS of .931

                    billy you're too obvious

                    cite rizzo 20 game sample

                    cite schwarber career split of .815 (still not bad for a kid his age)

                    durrrrrrrr

                    Comment


                    • #50
                      Re: Kyle Schwarber

                      Originally posted by JavyBaez9 View Post
                      What's funny is some here who cite defensive stats constantly when it benefits them now go no no no, the metrics that consistently put Schwarber at league average are way off base and he needs to go to AL

                      lol

                      clown show

                      I'm the most realist Cubs fan there is... I'd say I'm more pessimistic than most, I think we're doomed with Quintana and Darvish spearheading our rotation.


                      lulziwhip.

                      perfect.
                      How you better than somebody? Cuz you said so? Naw man, don't work that way. Sun shine on everybody ass just the same. Get up off your chair and get some.

                      Captain Old Earl Johnson Natchez Miss.

                      Comment


                      • #51
                        Re: Kyle Schwarber

                        dumb comment dumb comment dumb comment

                        lulziwhip

                        perfect

                        fukk

                        kid

                        all

                        Comment


                        • #52
                          Re: Kyle Schwarber

                          if shwarma went to AL he would DH against RHP. Never see the field again. Cubs gotta hide him somewhere. Contreras is a better LF.
                          How you better than somebody? Cuz you said so? Naw man, don't work that way. Sun shine on everybody ass just the same. Get up off your chair and get some.

                          Captain Old Earl Johnson Natchez Miss.

                          Comment


                          • #53
                            Re: Kyle Schwarber

                            Originally posted by billysink View Post
                            if shwarma went to AL he would DH against RHP. Never see the field again. Cubs gotta hide him somewhere. Contreras is a better LF.
                            defensive metrics you've cited and indicated you rely on says Schwarber is an average LF.

                            Please address this hypocrisy or admit you're a troll

                            Comment


                            • #54
                              Re: Kyle Schwarber

                              Originally posted by JavyBaez9 View Post
                              defensive metrics you've cited and indicated you rely on says Schwarber is an average LF.

                              Please address this hypocrisy or admit you're a troll

                              Didn't cite defensive metrics


                              thx
                              How you better than somebody? Cuz you said so? Naw man, don't work that way. Sun shine on everybody ass just the same. Get up off your chair and get some.

                              Captain Old Earl Johnson Natchez Miss.

                              Comment


                              • #55
                                Re: Kyle Schwarber

                                https://www.fangraphs.com/fantasy/the-all-bum-team/
                                How you better than somebody? Cuz you said so? Naw man, don't work that way. Sun shine on everybody ass just the same. Get up off your chair and get some.

                                Captain Old Earl Johnson Natchez Miss.

                                Comment


                                • #56
                                  Re: Kyle Schwarber

                                  How you better than somebody? Cuz you said so? Naw man, don't work that way. Sun shine on everybody ass just the same. Get up off your chair and get some.

                                  Captain Old Earl Johnson Natchez Miss.

                                  Comment


                                  • #57
                                    Re: Kyle Schwarber

                                    Originally posted by billysink View Post
                                    Didn't cite defensive metrics


                                    thx
                                    Originally posted by billysink View Post
                                    UZR/150
                                    lol

                                    thanks billy, you're dismissed

                                    Comment


                                    • #58
                                      Re: Kyle Schwarber

                                      Originally posted by billysink View Post
                                      Now that's funny

                                      Comment


                                      • #59
                                        Re: Kyle Schwarber

                                        https://www.fangraphs.com/leaders.as...ter=&players=0

                                        Kyle Schwarber 5th out of 14 qualified LF in UZR/150, a stat preferred by Billy when discussing someone he was arguing was better than Kris Bryant.

                                        You're a troll or a moron, don't care which, probably both

                                        Comment


                                        • #60
                                          Re: Kyle Schwarber

                                          Originally posted by JavyBaez9 View Post
                                          https://www.fangraphs.com/leaders.as...ter=&players=0

                                          Kyle Schwarber 5th out of 14 qualified LF in UZR/150, a stat preferred by Billy when discussing someone he was arguing was better than Kris Bryant.

                                          You're a troll or a moron, don't care which, probably both

                                          CHICAGO — In an era before the Chicago Cubs won last year’s World Series, Kyle Schwarber’s sixth-inning error would have been labeled as a case of the billy goat rearing its cursed head.
                                          In 2017, it’s just labeled as an awful defensive play that comes with the territory of putting Schwarber’s massive bat — but subpar glove — into a National League lineup.
                                          Warning: This play should not be viewed by children.



                                          lulzibeen
                                          How you better than somebody? Cuz you said so? Naw man, don't work that way. Sun shine on everybody ass just the same. Get up off your chair and get some.

                                          Captain Old Earl Johnson Natchez Miss.

                                          Comment


                                          • #61
                                            Re: Kyle Schwarber

                                            well that's a wrap


                                            time for my first lift in beautiful British Columbia!!!!
                                            How you better than somebody? Cuz you said so? Naw man, don't work that way. Sun shine on everybody ass just the same. Get up off your chair and get some.

                                            Captain Old Earl Johnson Natchez Miss.

                                            Comment


                                            • #62
                                              Re: Kyle Schwarber

                                              Enjoy the L, billy.

                                              Comment


                                              • #63
                                                Re: Kyle Schwarber

                                                Originally posted by JavyBaez9 View Post
                                                lol you don't watch baseball, Rizzo has these slumps and magically has been the most consistent hitter in baseball the last 3-4 years end of year numbers wise

                                                wonder why
                                                He's been more consistent than Mike trout?

                                                Comment


                                                • #64
                                                  Re: Kyle Schwarber

                                                  Originally posted by King Felix View Post
                                                  He's been more consistent than Mike trout?
                                                  Yep.

                                                  Last 3 years for Rizzo

                                                  HR: 31, 32, 32
                                                  BB: 78, 74, 91
                                                  SO: 105, 108, 90
                                                  RBI: 101, 109, 109
                                                  OBP: .387, 385, .392
                                                  OPS: .899, .929, .899
                                                  Runs: 94, 99, 99

                                                  Trout's years have much different results, missed huge chunk of last year as well. In 2015, Trout had 41 HR and 11 SB... then 2016 he has 29 HR and 30 SB... more valuable player in 2016 overall but definitely not the same player from year to year.

                                                  You do know 'consistent' isn't a synonym for good, right? Of course Trout is a much better player, but Rizzo has been more consistent from year to year. And missing 50 games last year kinda takes him off the most consistent list. I saw Moncada hit the DL, rough break, might be a pattern for him, had an injury problem in the minors too.

                                                  Comment


                                                  • #65
                                                    Re: Kyle Schwarber

                                                    Originally posted by JavyBaez9 View Post
                                                    Yep.

                                                    Last 3 years for Rizzo

                                                    HR: 31, 32, 32
                                                    BB: 78, 74, 91
                                                    SO: 105, 108, 90
                                                    RBI: 101, 109, 109
                                                    OBP: .387, 385, .392
                                                    OPS: .899, .929, .899
                                                    Runs: 94, 99, 99

                                                    Trout's years have much different results, missed huge chunk of last year as well. In 2015, Trout had 41 HR and 11 SB... then 2016 he has 29 HR and 30 SB... more valuable player in 2016 overall but definitely not the same player from year to year.

                                                    You do know 'consistent' isn't a synonym for good, right? Of course Trout is a much better player, but Rizzo has been more consistent from year to year. And missing 50 games last year kinda takes him off the most consistent list. I saw Moncada hit the DL, rough break, might be a pattern for him, had an injury problem in the minors too.
                                                    What do stolen bases have to do with hitting?

                                                    What does moncada have to do with Rizzo being more consistent than trout or goldy or etc?

                                                    Trout wRC+ 167, 171, 170, 181. pretty consistent. What do runs scorer have to do with hitting?

                                                    Rizzo wRC+ 155, 145, 144, 133. Trout actually slightly more consistent and trout is trending up while Rizzo is trending down.

                                                    Comment


                                                    • #66
                                                      Re: Kyle Schwarber

                                                      it's ok man, Rizzo is more consistent, no shame in being wrong

                                                      you should be used to it

                                                      we never discussed it but you were really wrong about Chapman not being off last year

                                                      1.42 FIP in 2016 (your fave stat) to 2.56 FIP last year

                                                      huge spike, you said he was fine

                                                      Comment


                                                      • #67
                                                        Re: Kyle Schwarber

                                                        how many hitters had 30+ HR all 4 years from 2014-2017?

                                                        OBP range in those 4 years: .386-.392
                                                        OPS range in those 4 years: .899-.928

                                                        The OBP range is especially impressive. .06 range over 4 years in 4 full seasons. Wacky.

                                                        Comment


                                                        • #68
                                                          Re: Kyle Schwarber

                                                          Originally posted by JavyBaez9 View Post
                                                          how many hitters had 30+ HR all 4 years from 2014-2017?

                                                          OBP range in those 4 years: .386-.392
                                                          OPS range in those 4 years: .899-.928

                                                          The OBP range is especially impressive. .06 range over 4 years in 4 full seasons. Wacky.

                                                          sharwber did not do that ... not even close

                                                          Comment


                                                          • #69
                                                            Re: Kyle Schwarber

                                                            Originally posted by JavyBaez9 View Post
                                                            https://www.fangraphs.com/leaders.as...ter=&players=0

                                                            Kyle Schwarber 5th out of 14 qualified LF in UZR/150, a stat preferred by Billy when discussing someone he was arguing was better than Kris Bryant.

                                                            You're a troll or a moron, don't care which, probably both

                                                            i hopw you are doing a 3 year total in fielding... fielding bible says 3 years total for metrix

                                                            Comment


                                                            • #70
                                                              Re: Kyle Schwarber

                                                              Originally posted by JavyBaez9 View Post
                                                              how many hitters had 30+ HR all 4 years from 2014-2017?

                                                              OBP range in those 4 years: .386-.392
                                                              OPS range in those 4 years: .899-.928

                                                              The OBP range is especially impressive. .06 range over 4 years in 4 full seasons. Wacky.

                                                              rizo...good... screwd up year tho

                                                              Comment


                                                              • #71
                                                                Re: Kyle Schwarber

                                                                Originally posted by JavyBaez9 View Post
                                                                and yet defensive metrics show him league average or so for LF

                                                                LF is where you stick your worst defender

                                                                there are at least 10 LF worse than him

                                                                facts are facts
                                                                maybe there are 10 worse...please name them. I’m not sure that’s a true statement.
                                                                Don't wake up in a roadside ditch

                                                                Comment


                                                                • #72
                                                                  Re: Kyle Schwarber

                                                                  Originally posted by lap18 View Post
                                                                  maybe there are 10 worse...please name them. I’m not sure that’s a true statement.
                                                                  https://www.fangraphs.com/leaders.as...ter=&players=0

                                                                  Last year, set the minimum to 500 innings in LF and Schwarber is the 6th rated defensive LF out of 23 rated players

                                                                  This year set the minimum to 100 innings and he's 16th out of 36

                                                                  Judging him by the goofy plays is silly. He tries hard on every play and is a bit clumsy out there as a catcher, so he's going to have some goofy plays. His arm is a huge asset out there and most LF have a noodle arm.

                                                                  Since the defensive numbers back up the idea he's average in LF, I think you'd need to prove he was noteworthy awful. Kinda how it works.

                                                                  Comment


                                                                  • #73
                                                                    Re: Kyle Schwarber

                                                                    If you go back to 2015, set the limit at 250 innings, Schwarber is 23 out of 59

                                                                    There's a consistent performance here, mediocrity for a position where 75% of the players are net negatives.

                                                                    Comment


                                                                    • #74
                                                                      Re: Kyle Schwarber

                                                                      basically if you hit it to him 98% chance he'll catch it. If not, well.........

                                                                      https://www.fangraphs.com/leaders.as...rs=0&sort=13,d
                                                                      How you better than somebody? Cuz you said so? Naw man, don't work that way. Sun shine on everybody ass just the same. Get up off your chair and get some.

                                                                      Captain Old Earl Johnson Natchez Miss.

                                                                      Comment


                                                                      • #75
                                                                        Re: Kyle Schwarber

                                                                        Originally posted by billysink View Post
                                                                        basically if you hit it to him 98% chance he'll catch it. If not, well.........

                                                                        https://www.fangraphs.com/leaders.as...rs=0&sort=13,d
                                                                        Ian Desmond significantly miles better defender than Michael Brantley by your little cherry picked stat

                                                                        lol

                                                                        Comment


                                                                        • #76
                                                                          Re: Kyle Schwarber

                                                                          Originally posted by JavyBaez9 View Post
                                                                          Ian Desmond significantly miles better defender than Michael Brantley by your little cherry picked stat

                                                                          lol

                                                                          It says all you need to know about Schwarber in one line.

                                                                          Perhaps start a Michael Bradley thread.
                                                                          How you better than somebody? Cuz you said so? Naw man, don't work that way. Sun shine on everybody ass just the same. Get up off your chair and get some.

                                                                          Captain Old Earl Johnson Natchez Miss.

                                                                          Comment


                                                                          • #77
                                                                            Re: Kyle Schwarber

                                                                            Originally posted by billysink View Post
                                                                            It says all you need to know about Schwarber in one line.

                                                                            Perhaps start a Michael Bradley thread.
                                                                            it's a pointless statistic with a hilariously small sample size of 5 for most of the people on the list, not to mention wind conditions are the most unpredictable at Wrigley

                                                                            you're not very good at this baseball shitposting, stick to politics

                                                                            Comment


                                                                            • #78
                                                                              Re: Kyle Schwarber

                                                                              knee to knee range is good at 1B

                                                                              left field

                                                                              not so much
                                                                              How you better than somebody? Cuz you said so? Naw man, don't work that way. Sun shine on everybody ass just the same. Get up off your chair and get some.

                                                                              Captain Old Earl Johnson Natchez Miss.

                                                                              Comment


                                                                              • #79
                                                                                Re: Kyle Schwarber

                                                                                3 times on base tonight for schwarber

                                                                                offense stranding him, good table setting

                                                                                Comment


                                                                                • #80
                                                                                  Re: Kyle Schwarber

                                                                                  Originally posted by JavyBaez9 View Post
                                                                                  3 times on base tonight for schwarber

                                                                                  offense stranding him, good table setting

                                                                                  Good platoon guy. Should rack up the numbers now that Maddon figured out he can't hit left handed pitching.

                                                                                  No range good arm.


                                                                                  That's a wrap for this one.
                                                                                  How you better than somebody? Cuz you said so? Naw man, don't work that way. Sun shine on everybody ass just the same. Get up off your chair and get some.

                                                                                  Captain Old Earl Johnson Natchez Miss.

                                                                                  Comment

                                                                                  Working...
                                                                                  X