Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kyle Schwarber

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #91
    Re: Kyle Schwarber

    Originally posted by MrTop View Post
    that is this year in LF ..have to include last 2.75 years also...... fielding bible
    Schwarber was carrying an extra 20-25 pounds in those seasons. Yes, he could gain that weight back, but isn't it more accurate to judge his range at his current weight?

    Comment


    • #92
      Re: Kyle Schwarber

      Originally posted by Valuist View Post
      Josh Towers on VSIN a week before the season began:

      "Kyle Schwarber is not a major league player IMO. 4 years from now he will be in Japan."

      Is VSIN actually paying Towers? Tells you something about his opinion.

      I can live with a guy who's not a great defender who has a 134 WRC+. Much preferred over a guy like Heyward who's a Gold Glove winner and hits like a pitcher.


      yes in some cases.... a big offense threat could out weigh an auto out .... in playoffs managers are under the scope of owner and GM more than regular season. Better pitchers are in the playoffs... Those 134WRC+ could of come against weak pitching which swarber will not see in playoffs . That is why swarber and happ were benched in playoffs and heyward played. Just look at what they did against the LAD. It confirms they were not ready for prime time last october.... Swrber has higher ceiling than happ for sure and could be a bigger threat than auto out heyward in playoffs if cubs make it there. If cubs get their act together as a staff they could make it to WS again but right now they are way too wild to win anything.

      Comment


      • #93
        Re: Kyle Schwarber

        Originally posted by Valuist View Post
        Schwarber was carrying an extra 20-25 pounds in those seasons. Yes, he could gain that weight back, but isn't it more accurate to judge his range at his current weight?
        Doesn't matter. These people seem to ignore that most LF are trash out in LF. They're in LF because they are trash defensively. If they were good defenders, they'd be in CF or RF.

        Comment


        • #94
          Re: Kyle Schwarber

          Originally posted by MrTop View Post
          yes in some cases.... a big offense threat could out weigh an auto out .... in playoffs managers are under the scope of owner and GM more than regular season. Better pitchers are in the playoffs... Those 134WRC+ could of come against weak pitching which swarber will not see in playoffs . That is why swarber and happ were benched in playoffs and heyward played. Just look at what they did against the LAD. It confirms they were not ready for prime time last october.... Swrber has higher ceiling than happ for sure and could be a bigger threat than auto out heyward in playoffs if cubs make it there. If cubs get their act together as a staff they could make it to WS again but right now they are way too wild to win anything.
          Did you watch the 2016 World Series? Schwarber had a huge impact at the plate.

          Comment


          • #95
            Re: Kyle Schwarber

            Originally posted by Valuist View Post
            Schwarber was carrying an extra 20-25 pounds in those seasons. Yes, he could gain that weight back, but isn't it more accurate to judge his range at his current weight?



            i totally agree Valuist... someone might of told him to be more ready or he did it by himself.... I do see a change in him for sure... Cubs need a bat like that cause a couple of players are not hitting at all. Happ on other hand is a zero... maybe too young or just lacks talent.

            Comment


            • #96
              Re: Kyle Schwarber

              Originally posted by Valuist View Post
              Did you watch the 2016 World Series? Schwarber had a huge impact at the plate.

              before injury which could of had something to do with it

              Comment


              • #97
                Re: Kyle Schwarber

                Originally posted by MrTop View Post
                i totally agree Valuist... someone might of told him to be more ready or he did it by himself.... I do see a change in him for sure... Cubs need a bat like that cause a couple of players are not hitting at all. Happ on other hand is a zero... maybe too young or just lacks talent.
                We saw in 2016 how hard he worked to get back for the WS. To make it back from ACL surgery in April meant a very disciplined rehab. I'm not surprised he figured out he needed to get into better shape.

                As for Happ, I'd rather he get full time at bats in AAA and let Almora play CF. He needs to make more contact. I do think there's talent; definitely power but needs less swing and miss.

                Comment


                • #98
                  Re: Kyle Schwarber

                  Originally posted by JavyBaez9 View Post
                  Doesn't matter. These people seem to ignore that most LF are trash out in LF. They're in LF because they are trash defensively. If they were good defenders, they'd be in CF or RF.


                  that is a given...LF players are usually losers in the field.... swarber got moved to OF cause the catcher they have now is one of the best behind the plate

                  Comment


                  • #99
                    Re: Kyle Schwarber

                    Originally posted by Valuist View Post
                    We saw in 2016 how hard he worked to get back for the WS. To make it back from ACL surgery in April meant a very disciplined rehab. I'm not surprised he figured out he needed to get into better shape.

                    As for Happ, I'd rather he get full time at bats in AAA and let Almora play CF.

                    agree.... ... almora not better than cain (brewers )overall.... but comes at a cheaper price & younger also... theo can spend the $$$ on somewhere else. Theo knows what to do and not get stuck with a long contract most of the time. Theo did not get there by accident.

                    Comment


                    • Re: Kyle Schwarber

                      Originally posted by MrTop View Post
                      that is a given...LF players are usually losers in the field.... swarber got moved to OF cause the catcher they have now is one of the best behind the plate
                      MLB made Contreras remove his Venezuelan flag sleeve. Make Zobrist lose his PF flyers.

                      Manfred is a twat

                      sad

                      Comment


                      • Re: Kyle Schwarber

                        Originally posted by JavyBaez9 View Post
                        MLB made Contreras remove his Venezuelan flag sleeve. Make Zobrist lose his PF flyers.

                        Manfred is a twat

                        sad




                        leagues wants to say what to wear.... it is all about the ads they have on uniforms... they don't want the fans eyes on some flag not USA but on MLB logo , US flag and some ( example )nike ad.

                        Comment


                        • Re: Kyle Schwarber

                          Picked up Buyiz and Shoober in a free fantasy contest across street
                          0 fer 8 6 k's

                          Swinging @ butterflies.

                          Was the wind
                          How you better than somebody? Cuz you said so? Naw man, don't work that way. Sun shine on everybody ass just the same. Get up off your chair and get some.

                          Captain Old Earl Johnson Natchez Miss.

                          Comment


                          • Re: Kyle Schwarber

                            Or sun

                            Darvish had mentstrual cramps threw 4 complete
                            How you better than somebody? Cuz you said so? Naw man, don't work that way. Sun shine on everybody ass just the same. Get up off your chair and get some.

                            Captain Old Earl Johnson Natchez Miss.

                            Comment


                            • Re: Kyle Schwarber

                              Originally posted by MrTop View Post
                              leagues wants to say what to wear.... it is all about the ads they have on uniforms... they don't want the fans eyes on some flag not USA but on MLB logo , US flag and some ( example )nike ad.
                              Players negotiated the freedom to wear that non-uniform stuff out of the last deal. Blame Tony Clark and crew at the MLBPA.
                              Michael Jordan isn't anywhere near as athletic as lebron James. Jordan wouldn't even be a top 20 athlete in the game right now in his prime. - Cleveland Homer Big Deemer
                              -

                              Comment


                              • Re: Kyle Schwarber

                                https://mediadownloads.mlb.com/mlbam...sset_2500K.mp4

                                This guy is so bad defensively Cubs gotta ship him to AL immediately

                                https://www.fangraphs.com/leaders.as...rs=0&sort=24,d

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X