Belmont Longshots

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Belmont Longshots

They should’ve cancelled that second race....

Comment

Adding race 6
      $20 Win #1 Halloween Horror.
      Terranova has a $100 winner last week, gets the best rider in NY. I want to see if Terranova is loaded this meet. Fave is off a super long layoff, and Serling put up a stat praising Pletcher off the long layoff. Stat was misleading as most of those layoff winners came on turf. The numbers aren’t as pretty on dirt. Susceptible fave.

Comment

Nice looking return for Patch. Thought he was dead five different times.

Comment

hard used older horses got it done for him

Comment

Originally posted by Patkeats View Post
            I’m down RD, besides, no one likes a quitter. Supposed to rain all day here in CT, didn’t look as bad in NY.
            Race 2 - #8Masquerader 15-1
            3 - #2Kirby’s penny 8-1
            5- #3 War stroll 15-1
            7- #1 The JY 12-1
            9- # 4 Lido 10-1
            Playing them W/P
            Thanks for #1 in the 7th.
            The art of learning is learning who to ignore ~LeAnn Rimes

Comment

Nice hit, Pat!

Comment

Correction. Nice HITS, Pat!

Comment

Nicely done, pat
                  Originally posted by railbird
                  Satan time is short

Comment

Thanks, rd making Belmont great again, awesome having a gambling thread. Good luck

Comment

Let’s go Pat. I need some winners today.....

Comment

Originally posted by BenoitPaire View Post
                        Belmont might cancel today’s card due to jockeys “contractual issue”.

Already a 20 mins delay... no saddles on the horses yet
                        So DRF breaks it down here. http://www.drf.com/news/jockeys-requ...lay-start-card

Sad that niether side shows due respect to their customers.

Comment

Panza sounds like a real winner.

Comment

Pat, who told you you could have Sunday off?
                            Satan time is short

Comment

Race 4
                              $20 Win #4 Okeamo
                              $2 DD 4/2
                              $1 P3 4/2/ALL
                              Gotta pay attention when Micelli shows up with a NY Bred. Sharp dude. Should get better than 6-1 come post time.

Comment

Race 5
                                $20 Win #2 Desirous 8-1
                                I’ll excuse the last effort off a seven month layoff. Expect to see this one winging on front end for Gargan.

Comment

Originally posted by rdalert447 View Post
                                  Race 5
                                  $20 Win #2 Desirous 8-1
                                  I’ll excuse the last effort off a seven month layoff. Expect to see this one winging on front end for Gargan.
                                  And a $1 P3 2/ALL/3

Comment

When it rains, it pours

Comment

Originally posted by Neveragain View Post
                                      So DRF breaks it down here. http://www.drf.com/news/jockeys-requ...lay-start-card

Sad that niether side shows due respect to their customers.

Shocked there was no mention of horseplayers or apology to horseplayers during the discussion.

Edit: Surprised not shocked.

Nothing shocks me when it comes to horse racing's total disregard of its customers.

Comment

*&^@%#&@%^#&

5 Dimes closed betting on this race 5 minutes before the race. I got the win bet in (+10% racebook) but when I tried to get place/show bets in using the rebate book, it kept rejecting them. That was sickening.
                                        Satan time is short

Comment

Originally posted by rdalert447 View Post
                                          Race 5
                                          $20 Win #2 Desirous 8-1

Lost by a neck at odds of 5.80-1.

That was sickening.

Desirous paid $6.10 to place and $3.80 to show.

Comment

I am a part owner of Bankers Island in the Belmont finale...He should run well

Comment

Originally posted by pbovi View Post

I'll play $20 WP and box with the 7. Good luck Paul.

Comment

Thx Paul. Took a lot of money at gate to drop to 2-1. Congrats!

Comment

Impressive win. Congrats!

Comment

Looks like I picked a bad time to lay off Baker and Cannizzo.

Comment

Paul is part of the New York Final Furlong Racing Stable.

If you cannot appreciate Paul's gambling lifestyle, there's something wrong with you.

Congrats on winning the Belmont finale at across-the-board mutuels of $6.90, $3.90 and $3.30.

Comment

Originally posted by John Kelly View Post
                                                        Paul is part of the New York Final Furlong Racing Stable.

If you cannot appreciate Paul's gambling lifestyle, there's something wrong with you.

Congrats on winning the Belmont finale at across-the-board mutuels of $6.90, $3.90 and $3.30.
                                                        Thanks for the congrats John as well as rdalert447 and Brayden11

I have done some business with Final Furlong and noticed they owned the horse when I watched Bankers Island run in January, getting stuck with the outside post and having gate issues. I tried to buy 50% of the horse on a 45K valuation after the race, 5K more than the claiming price. They countered with 25% at a 45K valuation plus a purse add on which made an assumption he would win his next race. I declined. 2 weeks later, someone that owned 5% wanted to drop out and I bought his share on a 30K valuation which included paid expenses through the end of March. In mid Feb trainer Dilger's barn was placed under quarantine as he shares space with Albertrani, and one of his horses came up with equine herpes. Quarantine lifted weeks later, trouble line in his next race once again, before todays win many weeks later as we struggled to find a spot. I can say with almost 100% certainty that Michael Dilger cashed out huge on this horse, probably as much as he ever has on any race as a trainer. The horse's time was superior to that of the winner of the 4th race MSW, and he was geared down while 2 lbs overweight. I texted my partner with 20 MTP and told him to start making his way to the winners circle. The money had already started to show. Think he ran him at 30 to get a win, and thankfully he was not claimed.

Comment

Thanks for the congrats John as well as rdalert447 and Brayden11
                                                          I have done some business with Final Furlong and noticed they owned the horse when I watched Bankers Island run in January, getting stuck with the outside post and having gate issues. I tried to buy 50% of the horse on a 45K valuation after the race, 5K more than the claiming price. They countered with 25% at a 45K valuation plus a purse add on which made an assumption he would win his next race. I declined. 2 weeks later, someone that owned 5% wanted to drop out and I bought his share on a 30K valuation which included paid expenses through the end of March. In mid Feb trainer Dilger's barn was placed under quarantine as he shares space with Albertrani, and one of his horses came up with equine herpes. Quarantine lifted weeks later, trouble line in his next race once again, before todays win many weeks later as we struggled to find a spot. I can say with almost 100% certainty that Michael Dilger cashed out huge on this horse, probably as much as he ever has on any race as a trainer. The horse's time was superior to that of the winner of the 4th race MSW, and he was geared down while 2 lbs overweight. I texted my partner with 20 MTP and told him to start making his way to the winners circle. The money had already started to show. Think he ran him at 30 to get a win, and thankfully he was not claimed.

The art of learning is learning who to ignore ~LeAnn Rimes

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Rd, your the man, great hit at parx.

Comment

Lol. Thanks, Pat. Timed it right for once....

Comment

Race 3 - #1 Gia Michael 10-1
                                                                  Race 4 - #1 Vicar’s legend 8-1
                                                                  Race 5 - #1 Frosty gal 10-1
                                                                  Race 9 - #8 Big auk
                                                                  Good luck to anyone playing

Comment

I’m playing. Was just waiting for scratches. I like three today. Will post in a few. Good luck, Pat..

Comment

Originally posted by Patkeats View Post
                                                                      Race 3 - #1 Gia Michael 10-1
                                                                      Race 4 - #1 Vicar’s legend 8-1
                                                                      Race 5 - #1 Frosty gal 10-1
                                                                      Race 9 - #8 Big auk
                                                                      Good luck to anyone playing

Good luck Pat.

Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Race 5
                                                                        $20 Win #1 Frosty Gal 10-1
                                                                        No way will we get 10-1 after scratches, but Tagg showing signs of life, and you always get some value on his dirt runners in NY.

Race 8
                                                                        $20 Win #5 Rectify 8-1
                                                                        $2 DD 2,5/7
                                                                        After a monster break out meet here last year, Nevin off to a smoking start again. She’s hard to get a price on, although she snuck a 30-1 across last year.

Race 9
                                                                        $20 Win #7 Street Cat Sam 15-1
                                                                        After watching this one’s last race, I was hoping Ferraro would wheel it right back. Speed effort followed by a quick return is the trainer’s go to move. If you have the inclination, watch the replay of its last outing. Speed four wide all the way around, still trying hard to the line after giving way in the stretch. I’m a fan of the lesser known Lezcano. Ultra agressive rider unafraid to use the whip, Chop Chop Chavez style.

Good luck, men!

Comment

I jumped off the Terranova and Baker bandwagons way too early. Too late to get back on??

Comment

Terrabyte wins the Belmont opener today at $49.60.

Comment

• #78

Attached Files

Comment

• #79

Loll. I saw that too. That’s awesome.

Comment

• #80

Originally posted by Heim View Post
                                                                                  There are times I wish that they would ship all the Jew lawyers out to some deserted island as the US would be a better place in many respects. Since I'm part Jew I'm allowed to say that. Then I catch myself since I'm better than that.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                  X