Belmont Longshots

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Belmont Longshots

Irad just got schooled by Johnny V. Hall of Famers leave that rail open on the turn for a reason, pal.

Comment

Rough start to the meet for yours truly. Really thought the Ferraro horse would gun for the lead.

Comment

Originally posted by pbovi View Post
        A better sting than Masochistic on Derby Day 2014?

Comment

$100 horse Race 6 Evangeline & 50c tri pays $113.
          The art of learning is learning who to ignore ~LeAnn Rimes

Comment

Originally posted by Heim View Post
            $100 horse Race 6 Evangeline & 50c tri pays $113.
            we shall see if it creates a pick 5 carryover however. this was 2nd leg

1 Run Bayou Bird 1 100.40 11.60 5.40
            2 Battle Colors 5 - 2.60 2.10
            3 Celerity 7 - - 2.40
            4 Invasors Wind 6 - - -
            Personal Statistics
            Wagers 0
            Wagered $0
            Return $0
            P/L $0
            Pool Name Finish $2 Payout Total Pool
            WIN 27,755
            PLACE 8,250
            SHOW 4,039
            EXACTA 1/5 203.60 33,792
            TRIFECTA 1/5/7 455.40 23,861
            DOUBLE 3/1 172.80 3,904
            SUPERFECTA 1/5/7/6 1,057.20 15,515
            PICK 3 6/3/1 1,558.00 4,958
            Race Handle 122,073

Comment

Originally posted by pbovi View Post
              There are times I wish that they would ship all the Jew lawyers out to some deserted island as the US would be a better place in many respects. Since I'm part Jew I'm allowed to say that. Then I catch myself since I'm better than that.
              This guy might be better off on that island
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fMIQeOxbc8

Comment

Tim Whatley posts on EOG?
                Originally posted by railbird
                Satan time is short

Comment

Race 5
                  $20 Win #6 Daddy D T
                  Let’s see if I can extend my streak of betting all Baker’s losers while missing his winners.....

Comment

Baker is officially on fire. Let’s see how long the prices last.

Comment

Race 6
                      $20 Win #1 Pirate Beach
                      The odds are shot after scratches, but looking to stick with another hot hand in Nevin.

Comment

Race 7
                        $20 Win #6 Mrs Orb 8-1
                        $2 exbx 3-6
                        $1 P3 3,6/ALL/3,6
                        Not gonna make the same mistake of bailing early on Micelli like I did with Terranova and Baker. Guy is sharp with his NY BREDS and rarely gets bet.

Comment

Oh, man. That one had all sorts of possibilities with 100 yards to go......

Comment

Skipping ahead to race 9, and taking a small profit on the day for once.

Race 9
                            $20 win #6 Full of Hope
                            $2 ExBx 3-6
                            Nevin or Baker, Baker or Nevin? I'm probably guessing wrong but I just can't pull the trigger on Luzzi, even though he won one for Baker yesterday. I love the way McCarthy is riding, and Nevin doesn't ever use him. Something strange about that one......

Comment

I know I’ll regret it but I bet the 7th race at Churchill.
                              $20 Win #8 Pasttime 30-1
                              Oliver has been bad for about a year, but this one ran good last out at Kee, so an improvement wouldn’t be a shock. Last win came over the dirt here at Churchill, also after it was washed off turf. Interesting horse at that price....

Comment

Only played one today.

Race 8
                                $20 Win #5 Tee Up 8-1
                                Will stick with Nevin, but limit her plays to the well priced entrants. Not a fan of Rosario, though. An odds drift would be nice.

Comment

Played two today, so far....

Race 6
                                  $20 Win #8 Beyond Honor 10-1
                                  Ryerson for one of his lesser known owners. Like the early speed horse has shown in the past.

Race 8
                                  $20 Win #8 Blugrascat’s Smile 15-1
                                  I’ll keep betting Baker until the wheels fall off. He’s on fire. Luzzi is terrible but already has a W for Baker this meet.

Might be back later. Toner horses in the feature look good, and Ill have to make a decision between Baker horses in the finale.

Comment

Mattias gives out #5 R4 Gulfstream ML 6/1 opens 3/5.

Comment

well the top 2 choices ML scratched out of the race now a tiny field also

Comment

Where do you find Paul's plays?

Comment

• Re: Belmont Longshots

Originally posted by August West View Post
                                          Where do you find Paul's plays?
                                          Duke was on a local So. Cal radio show. He likes the #5 in the 8th too.

Comment

R4 8/1 ML------> 7/2 ML R5 at SA pays $30. Geez.....no shot for the little guy. Syndicates pound these things to oblivion.

Comment

Anybody playing?
                                              Race 4 - #4 Tiffanys Freud 20-1
                                              Race 5 - I like RD’s pick #4 ten twenty nine 12-1
                                              Race 6 - #5 Bigsouljoel 15-1
                                              Race 7 - #3 Miss Mystique 20-1
                                              I’ll be playing these win/place, good luck to those playing

Comment

Good luck, Pat. I only played the 5th. Belmont’s been unkind to me so far.

Comment

R7 Belmont-#5 Purely Lucky 8/1

Comment

Last free one before I go tout:

R8 SA #3 Mopotism 10/1 (will be bet however)

Comment

this one at belmont could run good at about double digit odds
                                                      the probable luke warm favorite #3 I dont like in this spot nor the second choice #6. could open up for some nice prices.

race #8 Nominal Dollars

Comment

Ran good Try. Slow start, plus up against Rudy juice. Good call.

Comment

Last free one before I go tout:

R8 SA #3 Mopotism 10/1 (will be bet however)

Tomlinson disciples were probably surprised he ran a dud on turf as was I....

Comment

Keep firing, Heim.

Comment

Played both Baker horses today. See if he can continue his run.
                                                              Race 4
                                                              $20 Win #9 Princess Char 15-1
                                                              $2 DD 9/1

Race 5
                                                              $20 Win #1 Tiznow’s Smile 8-1

Gotta like when a hot under the radar guy like Baker attracts some big name riders.

Comment

Two third place finishes yesterday. Blah.

Comment

Nice looking card today.

Comment

one of the best non triple crown, breeders cups cards of the year typically memorial day at Belmont. lets get a couple, 10-1;s

Comment

Good luck, Try!

Comment

Playing four today. Need to break through with a longish one....

Race 4
                                                                        $20 Win #7 Playinwiththeboys 8-1
                                                                        $2 exbx 1-7
                                                                        $2 DD 1,7/6
                                                                        Baker has two fantastic NY BREDS going in this race, and arguments can be made for both. Landed on this one as I think the 5 and a half month layoff is a little too long for the #1 to go wire to wire against this tough field. Looks like a speed/fade setup for next out with that one, which will allow the #7 to stalk and pounce. Horse hasn’t run a bad race in two years with two different trainers at three different tracks. Impressive.

Race 5
                                                                        $20 Win #6 Courageous Change 10-1
                                                                        My favorite angle. Ferraro, quick wheelback, off a speed/fade type effort,

Race 7
                                                                        $20 Win #1 Presence of Mind 30-1
                                                                        Playing both Weaver horses today. His NY string is usually prepping for Saratoga this time of year, but he’s winning at Gulf and Monmouth, so me thinks he might have one trick up his sleeve in NY.

Race 8
                                                                        $20 Win #11 Mo Maverick 15-1
                                                                        See race 7. Don’t know if we get a win from these two, but both look poised for big efforts.

Anyone playing today??

Comment

What the hell, it’s only money.
                                                                          Race 3- # 3 Table for six 15-1
                                                                          Race4- #4 No hayne no gayne 20-1
                                                                          Race 7-#4 what a catch 15-1
                                                                          Race 9 - #1 uncle sigh 15-1
                                                                          Happy Memorial Day to my fellow vets. Wife out of town, I’ll be celebrating at the local OTB with a couple cold ones. Good luck to those playing or drinking along.

Comment

Good luck, Pat. Can’t believe that Uncle Sigh is still running. Feels like 10 years ago he was on the Derby trail for Contessa, of all people!

Comment

Ugly day. Hopefully you misplayed that fourth exactly how you typed it, Pat. Good luck in the 9th!

Comment

poor day for sure and they pounded down this Mo Maverick 15-1 ML to what was it 4-1 ! thought for sure a live effort here. perfect trip early behind two cheap speed types, and empty times 10

next time!

Comment

I tailed both of you.

that was a brutal day indeed
                                                                                  Originally posted by railbird
                                                                                  Satan time is short

Comment

Working...
                                                                                  X