MLB 5/16

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MLB 5/16

Only the Rockies and Padres with the day off.

Rockies travel up the coast to play San Francisco in a four-game series beginning Thursday while the Padres travel from San Diego to Pittsburgh where they'll open up a four-game set with the Pirates on Thursday.

Texas and Seattle played an 11-inning game last night and now wheel back for an afternoon game at Safeco Field.

No Ichiro (retired), no Cano (suspended) and now no Nelson Cruz (foot injury) for the Mariners.

Colon v Bergman.

Re: MLB 5/16

In 2001, the Pittsburgh Pirates finished dead last in MLB with a .247 team batting average.

Today that .247 team average would rank them 5th in the National League and 16th out of the 30 MLB teams.

My, how times have changed...

Comment

STL is underpriced today in my opinion. Mikolas is best kept pitching secret so far. Lynn still struggling with lack of spring training prep and looks like he might not have kept in good condition before that.

I have a half and half play on STL for the game and first five

Comment

Fewer than 13 strikeouts per game in the year 2000.

This season, games are averaging more than 17 strikeouts per game.

It's not only okay to swing and miss, it's okay to strikeout if you're swinging from your heels.

Comment

Originally posted by Heisenberg View Post
          STL is underpriced today in my opinion. Mikolas is best kept pitching secret so far. Lynn still struggling with lack of spring training prep and looks like he might not have kept in good condition before that.

"Half and half," got it.

Comment

Two outcomes to be determined today in D.C., weather permitting.

At 5:05 p.m. ET, the Yankees and Nationals will attempt to complete yesterday's suspended game which was called after five-and-a-half innings with the score tied, 3-3.

No action yesterday on the runline or total, however wagers on the first five innings were graded.

Tonight's regularly scheduled game between the Yanks and Nats is scheduled to start at 7:05 p.m. ET.

Sabathia v Scherzer.

Comment

5/16 MLB

Verlander and the Astros in Anaheim has to be the top game. Verlander is pitching as good now as ever. Lance Lynn facing his old team for the first time. And Brandon McCarthy coming off what has to be the two worst back to back starts by any pitcher this year. The Braves O is good, McCarthy is in horrible form, Chatwood issues too many walks, Cubs pen coming off 5 innings (thanks Yu) and the Braves closer just blew a save. It's either over or pass. Even at 9 1/2. Matt Harvey makes his second start for the Reds, and actually looked good in that first start. Dodgers are now down 17 units on the road this year.

Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, Valuist.

Comment

I thought Twins/Cards was one of the more interesting games. It's Lynn first start vs his old team. There's a few guys like Fowler and Ozuna who've faced him before but I have to think he may have an edge on the other Cardinals, watching them the past few years. Lynn's problem has been severe wildness. But the Twins are a different team with Buxton patrolling CF.

Comment

Guys like Scherzer amp it up a bit for big games and that’s what I see Scherzer doing tonight. NATS with only .673 against LHP this year and I like CC i this spot. My biggest concern is an extended first game with pen use but I still like under 7.5

Comment

Last week, Dylan Bundy had one of the worst starts in history. Here's Brandon McCarthy's numbers in his last 2:

8 1/3 innings
                      23 hits
                      14 earned runs
                      game scores: 5,10 (Fangraphs) 5,22 (ESPN)

Against the Yankees or Houston? Nope. The Marlins and Giants.

Comment

Can the Dodgers find enough hits to win ?

Comment

i'm making a fortune fading the white sox

shoulda thought of this earlier, it's not even necessarily the players, just the culture.

Comment

Most profitable team Atlanta +1280, most profitable SP Julio Teheran +619.

Least profitable White Sox -1423, Jose Urena -900.

All teams

https://www.oddsshark.com/mlb/standings

Pitchers

https://www.oddsshark.com/mlb/pitcher-money-won

https://www.oddsshark.com/stats/pitc...t/baseball/mlb
                            How you better than somebody? Cuz you said so? Naw man, don't work that way. Sun shine on everybody ass just the same. Get up off your chair and get some.

Captain Old Earl Johnson Natchez Miss.

Comment

Braves are a good team

Lots of power up and down lineup

Freeman bad luck monster though, this is about the time when he gets hurt in some fluke injury

Comment

Originally posted by JavyBaez9 View Post
                                Braves are a good team

Lots of power up and down lineup

Freeman bad luck monster though, this is about the time when he gets hurt in some fluke injury
                                Braves are not far away at all from becoming NL version of Astros-their young nucleus of position players coupled with all of the Great arms they have on the farm is going to be scary good

Comment

Freeman more total bases than Rizzo -120

Comment

Freeman more total bases than Rizzo -120
                                    Chatwood hard to square up and he walks everyone, this one is a bit against your typical logic but good luck nevertheless. Rizzo hasn't been himself yet.

Comment

Cubs hitting McCarthy very hard but can't find a gap.

As I speak Rizzo hits a scorcher at 2B.

Comment

Man the cubs are bad

They cannot catchup to McCarthys incredible 93 mph fastball, with no movement
                                        I Heart The Purple....

Comment

^ John do troll posts like the one above contribute to the EOG place in the new gambling climate coming?

Comment

MLB network digging into Baez and how selfish a hitter he is. I agree
                                            I Heart The Purple....

Comment

dodgers ...............

Comment

Originally posted by choslamshe
                                                Says the pathological cunt

MLB thread hijacked by a troll who does nothing but insult and attack in good gambling threads

This is the 4th time in the last 7 days Cho has hijacked the MLB thread with unprovoked trolling and personal attacks.

Sad.

Truly sad.

John, step up and ban cho. He just lives for the trolling. Last 500 posts has about 3 that contribute to a sports/gambling discussion.

Comment

I'm allowed to my opinions. Cubs playing pathetically tonight.
                                                  I Heart The Purple....

Comment

Now posting unprovoked personal info in the MLB thread

John, you going to spend your life slaving away deleting his posts or just ban him?

Comment

Originally posted by cheapseats View Post
                                                      dodgers ...............

Biggest moneyburners in MLB this season.

After tonight's loss in Miami, daily supporters of the Dodgers are stuck 29 units over the first month-and-a-half of the season.

Comment

Cubs finally find some grass on these scorched liners. Another great at bat by Kris Bryant, he's been on fire over the last week or so.

Comment

Originally posted by JavyBaez9 View Post
                                                          i'm making a fortune fading the white sox

shoulda thought of this earlier, it's not even necessarily the players, just the culture.
                                                          Feel free to start pre posting some MLB plays to share in the fortune.

Comment

Originally posted by John Kelly View Post
                                                            Biggest moneyburners in MLB this season.

After tonight's loss in Miami, daily supporters of the Dodgers are stuck 29 units over the first month-and-a-half of the season.

Amateur hour itt calling games in the fifth inning smh

Comment

2K's and a GIDP.

Come on guy.
                                                              How you better than somebody? Cuz you said so? Naw man, don't work that way. Sun shine on everybody ass just the same. Get up off your chair and get some.

Comment

Originally posted by Scooper View Post
                                                                Amateur hour itt calling games in the fifth inning smh
                                                                Should have phrased it better.

I'll be more careful moving forward.

Here's hoping ComptrBob doesn't pile on.

Comment

Originally posted by billysink View Post
                                                                  2K's and a GIDP.

Come on guy.
                                                                  It was a no doubt HR if I’ve ever seen one

Comment

The pitching coach for the Cubs has got to go......he is not getting through to his staff....or maybe the Cub pitchers are overrated....who knows?!
                                                                    Everyone dies......but not everyone lives.....

Comment

Cubs were good for a year. Love it.
                                                                      I Heart The Purple....

Comment

I told u to fade dodgers back in march

Comment

Originally posted by Viejo Dinosaur View Post
                                                                          The pitching coach for the Cubs has got to go......he is not getting through to his staff....or maybe the Cub pitchers are overrated....who knows?!
                                                                          lol hot take

Cubs bullpen - 2.66 ERA
                                                                          Phillies bullpen - 3.35

Comment

Originally posted by choslamshe View Post
                                                                            Cubs were good for a year. Love it.
                                                                            Best record in baseball since 2015 still lol

Sorry you lost more money on them

Comment

• #39

Originally posted by Viejo Dinosaur View Post
                                                                              Edward's release speed has dropped

Comment

• #40

His 2.40 FIP will take a hit

Why don’t the cubs just win every game? Pretty pathetic. Best record in baseball since 2015, second Best bullpen ERA, guys suck, Fire pitching coach

Burn down wrigley

Change name to Chicago losers

You guys are legitimately retarded lol I love it

Comment

Working...
                                                                                X