Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What can EOG do to take advantage of national legalization?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What can EOG do to take advantage of national legalization?

In the past few days there's been an uptick in my book's sales. I'm not going to do anything, personally, to push this because I'm lazy and private, but I've been wondering about what EOG can do with this opportunity.

Off the top of my head, they should have a prominent odds feed.

They should have an historical odds DB.

They should have push frequency half point calculators, set up to allow easy alternate line comparison.

They should have series price calculators, and season win calculators. This is just embedded spreadsheet stuff.

They could deal with touts. Thus is the money, let's be honest, and is the slippery slope of the biz. One approach would be to monitor and critique them, taking a true watchdog approach.

The other way would be to dance with the devil, let them advertise but put a few limits on their tactics and enforce fair grading. Problem with this is that they all lose, so, nevermind.

Anyway I'm just throwing ideas out there. I do think it's redic that covers does so we'll while offering so little except odds and stats.

Re: What can EOG do to take advantage of national legalization?

Love the ideas except for promoting the touts which POKERJOE eventually scrapped.

I think the overriding theme here is anti-tout.

Comment

Interesting, your thoughts do point to a need for EOG to possibly remake or at least re imagine themselves or risk loss to what logically seems like a flood of new sites.

Comment

How about G.A. as a sponsor?

http://www.gamblersanonymous.org/ga/

Comment

Hire a moderator, keep politics in political forum, feature a poster monthly (Valuist), promote more head to head contests , put touts in own forum.

Advertise in DRF as many legal shops will be tied to racing entities.
          How you better than somebody? Cuz you said so? Naw man, don't work that way. Sun shine on everybody ass just the same. Get up off your chair and get some.

Captain Old Earl Johnson Natchez Miss.

Comment

Originally posted by billysink View Post
            Hire a moderator, keep politics in political forum, feature a poster monthly (Valuist), promote more head to head contests , put touts in own forum.

And that is just for starters....
            Everyone dies......but not everyone lives.....

Comment

I’m willing to freelance write if the price is right

Comment

Originally posted by WeinketoWarrick View Post
                I’m willing to freelance write if the price is right
                JK pays me to generate traffic around here. You just might be to make a deal!
                "its time to start killing journalist" Mr. Merlin. 07-02-17

Comment

My key point was to increase player functionality. Make it a site where players go to get the info they need to bet. They want stats, injury info and such, but also bet structure help. SBRs half point calculator is lol dated. Does anyone else even have one? Does any site have series price or season win calculators?

But I think the positioning race has already started, and though EOG has some good qualities, it doesn't provide the fundamentals, and at a minimum must do that.

And going anti-tout but pro capper is the way forward, I'm just not sure how to monetize that. I'm not sure what new advertising opportunity might arise. Will new state run books advertise nationally, if they can't take bets nationally?

Comment

Originally posted by Bigrunner View Post
                    JK pays me to generate traffic around here. You just might be to make a deal!
                    This place will NEVER be anything special as long as they allow clowns like you to post.

JK might pay you to LEAVE at best!

Dave "The MeatMan" Scandaliato

Comment

Originally posted by billysink View Post

agree with more h2h

Comment

Good thread

Nice to see you PJoe, hope all is well.
                        ​STAY FOCUSED

Comment

Are Betting Exchanges coming to the States?
                          Men are born for games. Nothing else... the worth or merit of a game is not inherent in the game itself but rather in the value of that which is put at hazard. Games of chance require a wager to have meaning at all. Games of sport involve the pride of victory & the humiliation of defeat; which are themselves sufficient stake... But trial of chance or worth, all games aspire to the condition of war, for here, that which is wagered swallows up game, player, all.

Comment

Originally posted by GameBred View Post
                            Are Betting Exchanges coming to the States?

Highly doubtful.

If William Hill is breaking on top in New Jersey, they've already shown their business model to Nevada's sports bettors.

Welcome the losers and eliminate or restrict the winners.

William Hill wants to know who's playing what at all times.

Every bet of $1,000 or more is closely monitored.

I much prefer CGT's business model (small hold percentage on a massive handle) but they've proven to be incompetent and sometimes even criminal.

Comment

these guys have the right idea how to get their US squares customer list:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-f...-idUSKCN1IH0JJ
                              If you ain't shopping you ain't trying

Comment

Working...
                              X