Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Justify win the Triple Crown? (YES or NO)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Will Justify win the Triple Crown? (YES or NO)

Originally posted by ChiTownJoe View Post
    5 dimes has a price up for Belmont.

Justify +110
    Field -140
    The right price is:

Justify -110
    Field -120

Dave "The MeatMan" Scandaliato

Comment

Originally posted by The Meatman View Post
      You need to take into consideration the millions of dollars that will be bet on Justify for souvenir tickets that will NEVER be cashed.

For sure. Guessing betting him to place could pay more than to win because of that. But at the places where I can bet the no I'm guessing I don't get better than +150.

Comment

The right price is:

Justify -110
        Field -120

OK so you agree with me.

Comment

Justify +110
          Field -140
          Fuck me. Mr Kelly got me excited thinking I was going to get some good+ money on this.

Comment

Originally posted by raycabino View Post
            OK so you agree with me.
            My 9 to 10 price on Justify in the Belmont would be 10.6 to 10 without the 18% takeout.

Comment

I thought he should have won by 2-3, fractions weren't taxing. He looked to be inching away at the top of the stretch and he had 4 lengths on pressers....if he runs like he did today he isn't winning the Belmont.

Comment

My 9 to 10 price on Justify in the Belmont would be 10.6 to 10 without the 18% takeout.

By 9 to 10 you mean $2.20 payout correct?

Comment

I could be misunderstanding what you are saying.

Comment

By 9 to 10 you mean $2.20 payout correct?
                    $3.80.

1 to 9 is $2.20.

Comment

I could be misunderstanding what you are saying.
                      And I could be saying it wrong.

I predicted EXACTLY TO THE CENT what the odds on Justify would be in the Kentucky Derby.

Justify will go off at 9 to 10 and pay $3.80 to win if he crosses the wire first in the Belmont.

Comment

$3.80.

1 to 9 is $2.20.

Ok. Yeah I agree with that. Thought he may even go shorter than that at the track but thought he'd be even money or so on the exchanges.

Comment

And I could be saying it wrong.

I predicted EXACTLY TO THE CENT what the odds on Justify would be in the Kentucky Derby.

Justify will go off at 9 to 10 and pay $3.80 to win if he crosses the wire first.

Gun to head you won't get that good at the track for the very reason you stated about the souvenirs combined with people just wanting to root for the triple crown bets.

Comment

Originally posted by John Kelly View Post
                            Ray, I'm sweating my Boston-Cleveland total through your in-game number at CRIS.

Easier than adding the two scores and looking at the time remaining.
                            Pretty rough there.

Comment

Gun to head you won't get that good at the track for the very reason you stated about the souvenirs combined with people just wanting to root for the triple crown bets.
                              The "computer guys" will come with a "value bet" late like they did today in the Preakness with Good Magic.

That will push Justify from 4 to 5 to 9 to 10 right before the gate opens.

Comment

Fuck me. Mr Kelly got me excited thinking I was going to get some good+ money on this.
                                https://mobile.twitter.com/OddsShark...77227328450560

early money was on the field.

Comment

Let me re-think my position for a moment.

Would Baffert scratch a horse on the doorstep of racing immortality?
                                  he would not scratch if entered. but perhaps not nominate for the race.

Comment

Justify +110
                                    Field -140
                                    is that a future or does it stipulate Justify has to start in the race or no action?

Comment

On Justify I think. Wasn't he +110 at 5 dimes before?

Comment

Originally posted by trytrytry View Post
                                        is that a future or does it stipulate Justify has to start in the race or no action?
                                        Justify has to start

Comment

On Justify I think. Wasn't he +110 at 5 dimes before?
                                          early price was Justify -120

Comment

early price was Justify -120
                                            Nothing better than watching the sharps and wiseguys turning a favorite into an underdog.

Do they ever win those?

Comment

The "computer guys" will come with a "value bet" late like they did today in the Preakness with Good Magic.

That will push Justify from 4 to 5 to 9 to 10 right before the gate opens.

sharp post. Good MAgic
                                              he went from 14% in the pool all afternoon to a tad over 16.6% in the final 5 minutes. In a massive pool 13 million $ win pool, that was some sharp or strong value players , computer groups getting involved.

Comment

Nothing better than watching the sharps and wiseguys turning a favorite into an underdog.

Do they ever win those?

just think they see value, you'll probably have 9-10 starters in the gate....The 3 horses that just finished 3-4-5 today, Pletcher will have 2 or 3, Mott has Hofburg, O'Neill with Blended Citizen, Dorf with Instilled Regard. Enticed?
                                                Field will be a lot stronger than what he faced today.

Comment

I'll fade Justify in the Belmont. There will be a lot value on others.

Comment

Never.

Vino Roso's win in the Wood was the PERFECT setup for him.

He is VERY overrated.

Lol...you picked him in the Wood (I agreed)...so now he's overrated (KD bounce) & Wood set-up for him. Keep the comedy coming.
                                                    The art of learning is learning who to ignore ~LeAnn Rimes

Comment

Originally posted by Heim View Post
                                                      Lol...you picked him in the Wood (I agreed)...so now he's overrated (KD bounce) & Wood set-up for him. Keep the comedy coming.
                                                      Vino Roso was making a third start off the layoff(did NOT win either of the first two(2) starts) on a track he broke maiden on when he won the Wood Memorial.

If you don't think that was a good set up spot for him you don't know anything about handicapping horse racing.

Justify would POUND Vino Roso by twenty(20) lengths in the Belmont if he were to run.

Comment

1-13 are the last 14 that have tried to win the triple crown after winning the 1st 2 legs. I'm going with the 13 and if he wins I'll just pay up.
                                                        small sample

Comment

1 for 1 also

Comment

Vino Roso was making a third start off the layoff(did NOT win either of the first two(2) starts) on a track he broke maiden on when he won the Wood Memorial.

If you don't think that was a good set up spot for him you don't know anything about handicapping horse racing.

Justify would POUND Vino Roso by twenty(20) lengths in the Belmont if he were to run.

So that was your stand alone angle for the Wood?....a one & a half month lay-off for a Gr2/Gr3 horse? First race back in the Davis he ran a fairly big number...how do you explain that (Cap)ping guru?
                                                            The art of learning is learning who to ignore ~LeAnn Rimes

Comment

Pharoah enjoyed a room service first half of race and it was a done deal from there.
                                                              this race will depend on a kamikaze speed horse being entered along with the bout 12 horses that will be entered. another mad dash to first quarter will not be comely.

Comment

So that was your stand alone angle for the Wood?....a one & a half month lay-off for a Gr2/Gr3 horse? First race back in the Davis he ran a fairly big number...how do you explain that (Cap)ping guru?
                                                                Pretty much.

Do you not like betting the third start off the layoff angle(when a horse never won the first of second start) on a track where he/she broke maiden?

What more do you really need to know??

Some workout the horse had in the AM???

Comment

Then he ran a bad race his second start off the layoff setting up his EXPLOSION in his third start off the layoff on a track he broke maiden on first time out.

Watch and learn, son.

Watch and learn.

Comment

Justify +110
                                                                    Field -140
                                                                    bookmaker has

Will Justify win the Triple Crown ? Must Start Belmont for action

Yes -115
                                                                    No -115
                                                                    The real women sport expert

Comment

His race in the Tampa derby comes back as slow due to soft fractions

His final fractions were fast going into the wood ..his final fraction numbers ( beyer style) going into wood were 104,106,103 and 97 in his debut

Comment

I like RAYCABINO's thoughts on everything except horse racing.

Now that I see the actual numbers I don't feel like such a misfit talking horses.

Comment

Now that I see the actual numbers I don't feel like such a misfit talking horses.

Touché.

I'm surprised for all the support against Justify.

Comment

Touché.

I'm surprised for all the support against Justify.
                                                                            Horses were closing in on him going 9.5 furlongs...how can they not pass him going 12 is what people are thinking....anyway it comes down to is he spent or not...its a guess...who really knows

Comment

• #78

The only horse that I can see giving Justify any trouble in the Belmont based on having "extra rest" is Mendelssohn.

And that's a longshot at best.

Audible CAP

Comment

• #79

Originally posted by blueline View Post
                                                                                Horses were closing in on him going 9.5 furlongs...how can they not pass him going 12 is what people are thinking....anyway it comes down to is he spent or not...its a guess...who really knows
                                                                                Because Justify will run a different race going twelve(12) furlongs.

These "supposed" closers NEVER show up in the Belmont.

Other than Victory Gallop of course.

Comment

• #80

Go eat some real man's food

Comment

Working...
                                                                                  X