Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Justify win the Triple Crown? (YES or NO)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will Justify win the Triple Crown? (YES or NO)

Yes.

Dave "The MeatMan" Scandaliato

Re: Will Justify win the Triple Crown? (YES or NO)

No. I like +100 on the No for sure. He was 50 yds from getting run down today.

Comment

Yes, Mike did not see the 8 coming so the winning margin was deceiving. Bob will have him loaded with every drug that one could imagine for the Belmont, there are ZERO good horses to compete with him, he is a mortal lock. If you bet him Meatman, maybe then you could afford some decent food to eat.

Comment

Originally posted by raycabino View Post
        No. I like +100 on the No for sure. He was 50 yds from getting run down today.
        I am surprised that a guy who grew up as close to the Fair Grounds as you did knows so little about the ponies?

Maybe Justify would run a different race had it been fifty(50) yards longer??

You don't run your "Kentucky Derby" race in the Preakness.

Comment

I like RAYCABINO's thoughts on everything except horse racing.

Comment

Originally posted by The Meatman View Post
            I am surprised that a guy who grew up as close to the Fair Grounds as you did knows so little about the ponies?

Maybe Justify would run a different race had it been fifty(50) yards longer??

You don't run your "Kentucky Derby" race in the Preakness.

I just know that the mile and a half is a mother fucker. Tons go in fav to win the Belmont after winning the 1st 2, not many get the chedda.

Comment

I just know that the mile and a half is a mother fucker. Tons go in fav to win the Belmont after winning the 1st 2, not many get the chedda.

But it's a different game now.

These big-money owners are pooling their money and getting out of the way of a Triple Crown candidate.

Additionally, Baffert and Pletcher have barns that are loaded with Derby candidates.

Once a horse wins the Derby, it seems the path is cleared for the winner to compete in the Preakness and Belmont.

Comment

34 have tried 12 have succeeded and only 1 since 1978.

Comment

I failed to fire when I saw Justify at odds of 40/1 and 60/1 at Wynn Las Vegas to win the Triple Crown.

EOG contributor BLUELINE pulled the trigger at 16/1 (Heritage) a few weeks before the Derby.

Comment

34 have tried 12 have succeeded and only 1 since 1978.

But we're likely to have two in the past four years.

Different game now.

Comment

Ray, I'm sweating my Boston-Cleveland total through your in-game number at CRIS.

Easier than adding the two scores and looking at the time remaining.

Comment

Originally posted by John Kelly View Post

Different game now.
                        Ray still thinks the favorite never wins the Kentucky Derby.

Comment

Different game now.
                          The Belmont is still a mile and a half. That xtra quarter mile has proven to take out some really big time horses in the past. I'm betting it happens again.

Comment

Lol not true.

Comment

A winning streak of six straight years, mostly in 20-horse fields.

Amazing.

Comment

The Belmont is still a mile and a half. That xtra quarter mile has proven to take out some really big time horses in the past. I'm betting it happens again.

Don't bet at even-money.

Comment

Ray, I'm sweating my Boston-Cleveland total through your in-game number at CRIS.

Easier than adding the two scores and looking at the time remaining.
                                  Lol ain't that the truth. Sweating over or under?

Comment

A winning streak of six straight years, mostly in 20-horse fields.

Amazing.
                                    After none winning for twenty(20) years.

Comment

Don't bet at even-money.
                                      Won't have to. Would take even money if gun to head though. Won't take worse lol. I'm gonna go with the 22-12 side of this coin. You just never know which horses can handler the xtra .25 mile until they run it.

Comment

Don't bet at even-money.
                                        Even money?

The bettors who bet Justify to win the Preakness would salivate to get even money in the Belmont.

Comment

Lol ain't that the truth. Sweating over or under?

I need over 205.

Beat the number, now comes the hard part.

Just had a quiet two-minute run and the final two or three minutes of the fourth quarter could turn into a sloppy scrimmage with no whistes and very little scoring from unpolished players.

Comment

Many horses will have extra rest.
                                            The real women sport expert

Comment

Originally posted by Sleepy View Post
                                              Many horses will have extra rest.
                                              The only horse that I can see giving Justify any trouble in the Belmont based on having "extra rest" is Mendelssohn.

And that's a longshot at best.

Comment

1-13 are the last 14 that have tried to win the triple crown after winning the 1st 2 legs. I'm going with the 13 and if he wins I'll just pay up.

Comment

1-13 are the last 14 that have tried to win the triple crown after winning the 1st 2 legs. I'm going with the 13 and if he wins I'll just pay up.

Understood.

I think Justify is more likely to be scratched than participate and lose.

Comment

The only horse that I can see giving Justify any trouble in the Belmont based on having "extra rest" is Mendelssohn.

And that's a longshot at best.

Not sure if he has a chance or not but I'm guessing Bravazo's stock rises a good bit after that race today.

Comment

Let me re-think my position for a moment.

Would Baffert scratch a horse on the doorstep of racing immortality?

Comment

Some say one(1) of thirteen(13).

Others say one(1) of one(1).

It all depends on how you look at it, Cap.

Comment

Hey Meat, congrats on the win today.

Comment

Justify was 40 cents on the dollar today.

Good Magic closed at 3.90-1.

Third choice was Quip who finished dead last at 12/1.

Comment

Audible or Vino Rossi would beat the Justify we saw today at 1.5 miles.

Comment

Let me re-think my position for a moment.

Would Baffert scratch a horse on the doorstep of racing immortality?
                                                                100% yes.

You ever hear of I'll Have Another?

Comment

Originally posted by ChiTownJoe View Post
                                                                  Never.

Vino Roso's win in the Wood was the PERFECT setup for him.

He is VERY overrated.

Comment

Originally posted by ChiTownJoe View Post

Justify and Audible with common ownership.

Comment

100% yes.

You ever hear of I'll Have Another?

1-12 counting this scratch lol.

Comment

I am predicting right now that Justify will go off at 9 to 10 and win the Belmont by three(3).

Elliott Walden(now working WITH Bob Baffert) will give Mike Smith the much needed advice as to what to do this time around to make sure he is not nipped at the wire.

Remember where you heard it from first!

Comment

Justify and Audible with common ownership.
                                                                          yep that is going to be interesting, Moss was talking about that at end of telecast. Winstar probably wants to keep Audible out, while other partners (China Horse Club) leaned to running him.

Comment

I can't imagine he goes off that short in an unknown like the Belmont but I certainly admit that horse racing isn't in my wheel house.

Comment

• #39

I can't imagine he goes off that short in an unknown like the Belmont but I certainly that horse racing isn't in my wheel house.
                                                                              You need to take into consideration the millions of dollars that will be bet on Justify for souvenir tickets that will NEVER be cashed.

Comment

• #40

5 dimes has a price up for Belmont.

Justify +110
                                                                                Field -140

Comment

Working...
                                                                                X