X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: World Cup Thread

Iran upsets Morocco, 1-0.

Rough three-day stretch for Morocco.

They lose the bid to host the 2026 World Cup and now lose their opening game.

Comment

And it was an ugly game. Neither team looks in the same league as Spain and Portugal.

Comment

Originally posted by pokerjoe View Post
        And it was an ugly game. Neither team looks in the same league as Spain and Portugal.

Thanks for checking in, POKERJOE.

Comment

Originally posted by John Kelly View Post
          Iran upsets Morocco, 1-0.

Rough three-day stretch for Morocco.

They lose the bid to host the 2026 World Cup and now lose their opening game.
          well there were 3 countries against one there.

Comment

Originally posted by John Kelly View Post
            Thanks for checking in, POKERJOE.
            This is my fourth WC reading Goon's threads.

Comment

Originally posted by pokerjoe View Post
              This is my fourth WC reading Goon's threads.
              Guy is very good. For sure.

Comment

How strong are the World Cup line-moves?

So much $$ bet on this tournament. Feel like I'm in trouble when my ticket loses value as game gets closer to kick-off.

Comment

I always like the favored underdog

Comment

Not gonna complain, but this is too early to set up for a 4 games day LOL

Australia TT Under 0.5 -109 1 unit
                    It's true, France looked like shit defensively in warmups, but this is the real deal. I have this aussie team much weaker than previous incarnations... France will struggle a bit offensively, but will keep a lot of possession and the aussies won't have many chances. 2-0 final
                    If you ain't shopping you ain't trying

Comment

something always happens to australia lol.

Comment

espn et al keep putting messi ahead of ronaldo in top ranking, time for that to be reversed.

Comment

Peru +0.25 -101 over Denmark 1 unit

I saw plenty of Denmark in qualifying, they are a solid side that struggles to generate chances. They have the goaltending and a robust defense. Peru is a team that tends to keep a lot of possession and test defenses. They have opportunistic finishing and get a massive boost for having their inspirational leader in this tournament after his suspension was reversed by the highest courts. Most likely a 1-1 draw, but I think Peru can actually take this

Comment

Go Peru. I'm big here.

Comment

Hope both teams go for it.

Comment

Just one play today
                                Serbia -0.5 -118 over Costa Rica 1 unit

Happy Father's Day to all of you!

Comment

Thanks for checking in, Goon.

Just underway in the CRC-SRB game.

Comment

Announcer asks rhetorically, "Were the Costa Ricans keeping their powder dry the past couple of weeks in preparation for this World Cup opener?"

Comment

2nd half serbia -1/2 +125

Comment

Originally posted by ChuckyG View Post
                                        How strong are the World Cup line-moves?

So much $$ bet on this tournament. Feel like I'm in trouble when my ticket loses value as game gets closer to kick-off.
                                        4 years ago I got absolutely crushed chasing steam. Totals as well as sides.

Comment

Originally posted by Jb777 View Post
                                          4 years ago I got absolutely crushed chasing steam. Totals as well as sides.
                                          Some of these moves are all over the place. And not in what I'd call the OBVIOUS direction. Per usual...who knows?

Comment

Panama under 0.5 goals -156 1 unit

Comment

Originally posted by DrunkenGoon View Post

So far, so good.

Another 30 minutes to go.

Comment

Originally posted by trytrytry View Post
                                                2nd half serbia -1/2 +125

A winner at plus-money.

The Serbs scored in the 56th minute of their lone-goal victory.

Comment

Final score: Belgium 3 Panama 0.

A good result for Goon.

Goon not only stoned Panama today but he also has Belgium at +1050 to win the World Cup

Comment

Quick Recap:

Totals: 5-3 +3.40 units

Plays:
                                                    1. Russia 1H +116 over Saudi Arabia 1 unit W +1.16 - well deserved, Russia was a couple of classes above the Saudis in spite of the FIFA rankings that made these look pretty even.
                                                    2. Morocco -0.5 +129 over Iran L -1.00 Iran fluked it out at the end, Morocco didn't take their chances early, would do this again and again given the opportunity.
                                                    3. Spain/Portugal DRAW +234 W +2.34 back and forth, great game to watch, not ideal to sweat, I owe Ronaldo a pint or 10 for that tying goal late
                                                    4. Belgium +1050 to win WC 2 units Pending slow start in the 1H, better once they got the lead, should get better as the tournament moves on, their outlook will depend on how Brazil and Germany do to wrap up their groups. Not sure their current defensive setup is good enough to shut down the more potent sides.
                                                    5. Uruguay/Egypt UNDER 2.5 -140 1 unit W +1.00 - Never really in doubt, Egypt defended and Uruguay lacked ideas until very late.
                                                    6. Australia TT Under 0.5 -109 1 unit L -1.09 - Australia were happy to sit back, but had some chances, France brain fart costly on the tying PK.
                                                    7. Peru +0.25 -101 over Denmark 1 unit L -1.01 Peru was the better team but their finishing sucked, quite shocking, including the missed PK.
                                                    8. Serbia -0.5 -118 over Costa Rica 1 unit W +1.00 Harder than I thought, ticos put up a big fight.
                                                    9. Panama TT Under 0.5 goals -156 1 unit W +1.00 Had one big chance and a couple of corners, pretty much as expected.

Comment

Love the review.

An honest self-appraisal leads to more winners in the future.

Comment

One thing I've been trying to do lately is look back at each bet and grade it on a 6 level scale, no matter the outcome...
                                                        Easy
                                                        Fair
                                                        Tossup
                                                        Gift
                                                        Unlucky
                                                        Dead wrong

It really helps you understand when you're on a heater and when you're scraping by. Also a bit of a confidence booster when results are not going your way. And when yo u string together a few dead wrongs, it's time to cut back on unit size and regroup. This approach probably saved me about 4 units late in the NHL playoffs.

Comment

I expect a couple of action filled games Tuesday morning:
                                                          Colombia/Japan OVER 2 -112 1 unit
                                                          Poland/Senegal OVER 2 -104 1 unit

All these teams are better going forward than sitting back I think we will see plenty of scoring in this group.

Comment

One thing I've been trying to do lately is look back at each bet and grade it on a 6 level scale, no matter the outcome...
                                                            Easy
                                                            Fair
                                                            Tossup
                                                            Gift
                                                            Unlucky
                                                            Dead wrong

It really helps you understand when you're on a heater and when you're scraping by. Also a bit of a confidence booster when results are not going your way. And when yo u string together a few dead wrongs, it's time to cut back on unit size and regroup. This approach probably saved me about 4 units late in the NHL playoffs.
                                                            I like that. In soccer, it's so tricky. Low-scoring game where 1 or 2 plays tilt the balance.

Comment

Easy
                                                              Fair
                                                              Tossup
                                                              Gift
                                                              Unlucky
                                                              Dead wrong

I like it.

Comment

ive been doing well with this angle, I like taking the goal line chalks and total chalk. +1 -130s. 3 under -130 2 over -130, +2 -133. I avoid the 0.5 and 1.5 goal price and the 2.5 goals totals. Its like 13-2

Comment

Originally posted by railbird View Post
                                                                  ive been doing well with this angle, I like taking the goal line chalks and total chalk. +1 -130s. 3 under -130 2 over -130, +2 -133. I avoid the 0.5 and 1.5 goal price and the 2.5 goals totals. Its like 13-2
                                                                  If you're sharp, I won't have to explain this to you twice.

Comment

All these teams are better going forward than sitting back I think we will see plenty of scoring in this group.
                                                                    nice call on the Jap total

Comment

Can we get a late goal in the Senegal-Poland game?

Comment

And there it is.

Ask and you shall receive.

Goon with two plays and two winners.

Comment

A future that seems too much value to pass up.

Panama to finish bottom of their group -260 1 unit

I don't think they'll score a goal, let alone beat any one and a draw won't be enough unless Belgium takes Tunisia to the woodshed. This should be -350 or higher.

Comment

Portugal -0.5 -152 over Morocco 1 unit

Comment

• #78

Panama to finish bottom of their group -250 now, adding an extra unit

Comment

• #79

One early bet for the 3rd set of games:
                                                                                Egypt -0.5 -150 over Saudi Arabia 1 unit

Comment

• #80

Saudi Arabia TT Under 0.5 -160 vs Uruguay 1 unit

Comment

Working...
                                                                                  X