Clear All

• Miguel Cabrera Done For 2018

The question is, "Does it matter?"
    The art of learning is learning who to ignore ~LeAnn Rimes

Re: Miguel Cabrera Done For 2018.

Originally posted by Heim View Post
    The question is does it matter?
    NO

I said at the time this was a STUPID deal and nothing I have seen since shows I was wrong.

GUARANTEED at least $30M the next 5 seasons with it being $32M in 2022 and 2023 when he will be 39 and 40 . And there is now way he will last that long but he does have vesting option for 2024 and 2025 for $30M/season with an $8M buyout otherwise

This was a bad deal at the time and right now it is making the Chris Davis deal look decent
    The mind is a terrible thing to waste unless we are talking about the MORONS who post at Covers where the collective Sports Gambling IQ for the ENTIRE site is.................4!!! and even that might be too high

Comment

Re: Miguel Cabrera Done For 2018.

Originally posted by winkyduck View Post
      NO

I said at the time this was a STUPID deal and nothing I have seen since shows I was wrong.

GUARANTEED at least $30M the next 5 seasons with it being $32M in 2022 and 2023 when he will be 39 and 40 . And there is now way he will last that long but he does have vesting option for 2024 and 2025 for $30M/season with an $8M buyout otherwise

This was a bad deal at the time and right now it is making the Chris Davis deal look decent
      Lol. What superstar HR hitting, run producing power hitter doesn’t get a contract like this when on top of his game and the league for more than a couple years.

Comment

Re: Miguel Cabrera Done For 2018

Originally posted by Bushay View Post
        Lol. What superstar HR hitting, run producing power hitter doesn’t get a contract like this when on top of his game and the league for more than a couple years.
        One that has a history of injury problems? Few get that. illich rewarded Miggy with this last contract and screwed the franchise at the same time.
        Michael Jordan isn't anywhere near as athletic as lebron James. Jordan wouldn't even be a top 20 athlete in the game right now in his prime. - Cleveland Homer Big Deemer
        -

Comment

What about all the rice miggy ate ?

Comment

scumbag cal ripken couldn't carry Cabrerra jockstrap

Comment

Originally posted by railbird View Post
              scumbag cal ripken couldn't carry Cabrerra jockstrap
              Your obsession for Ripken is unhealthy.
              Michael Jordan isn't anywhere near as athletic as lebron James. Jordan wouldn't even be a top 20 athlete in the game right now in his prime. - Cleveland Homer Big Deemer
              -

Comment

I dont give a shot about ripken, the sport writers kissed his ass, ripken was a fake hero

Comment

A serious injury from simply swinging the bat doesn't bode well, does it?

That's kinda like old people who get hurt getting out of bed.

Comment

Best hitter of 21 st century

Comment

If he was in la or hyme town they would kiss his ass, ohtani and kershaw were vixtims of the slider

Comment

Pretty close. He came in drunk one game for Marlins thinking he wasn't in the lineup & hit 3 homeruns.
                        The art of learning is learning who to ignore ~LeAnn Rimes

Comment

I thought you didn’t care for the Latin or Spanish speaking ball players?

This seems like breaking news.

Comment

MLB Network was interviewing Cabrera a couple weeks ago and asked him about launch angle. He knew nothing about it, but he did say he tries to get his hands into position at impact where his left palm is facing upward. Cabrera is so strong, he can basically swing without using his hips or legs much, and hit with power, even to the opposite field. But I can see where that positioning of the hands could put extra torque on the upper arm. And apparently it did.

Comment

I dont give a shot about ripken, the sport writers kissed his ass, ripken was a fake hero
                              Obviously you do care about what Ripken does, you bring him up in a thread totally unrelated to Cal. If you are worrying about whether a sports star is a hero or not, you’re doing life wrong.
                              -

Comment

Originally posted by Valuist View Post
                                MLB Network was interviewing Cabrera a couple weeks ago and asked him about launch angle. He knew nothing about it, but he did say he tries to get his hands into position at impact where his left palm is facing upward. Cabrera is so strong, he can basically swing without using his hips or legs much, and hit with power, even to the opposite field. But I can see where that positioning of the hands could put extra torque on the upper arm. And apparently it did.
                                A lot like Kirk Gibson.

Comment

Arguably the worst contract of all time because Miggy wasn't a free agent.

The Tigers had him for two more years and rather than waiting and seeing how his health and production were, the Tigers decided to just give him that extension. It's not like his value would've gone up had they waited.
                                  Originally posted by railbird
                                  Satan time is short

Comment

Cabrera is a great hitter who happens to hit with power. It seems like most young hitters come up with one approach (swing from their heels) and since they've been able to overwhelm weak pitching at lower levels, they never had to adjust or learn how to hit (how to hit with 2 strikes, how to go the opposite way etc). And then they get upset when the defense shifts.

Comment

Working...
                                    X