Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WNBA Final: Seattle 96 Chicago 85

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • WNBA Final: Seattle 96 Chicago 85

    If you took Chicago +11, your bet is graded as a push but it will feel like a loss.

    If you took Chicago +10.5, my deepest sympathies to you.

    Here's the situation:

    Chicago inside the number the whole way, leading 73-65 after three quarters.

    Seattle comes with its predictable fourth-quarter run at home and starts pulling away late in the game.

    Seattle builds a four-point lead that becomes five, six, seven and then eight when Sue Bird hits one of two free throws inside the final minute.

    Seattle is clear by eight points with 37 seconds left.

    Chicago has a layup blocked from behind and with 25.9 seconds left, Seattle gains possession of the ball.

    Chicago head coach Amber Stocks can be seen putting away her clipboard, but Seattle guard Sue Bird realizes her team needs to shoot the ball or risk a 24-second violation.

    Stocks also can be seen walking to shake the hand of opposing head coach Dan Hughes.

    In recent years, many teams take the 24-second violation as a show of sportsmanship, but Bird alerted backcourt mate Jewel Loyd, who was standing beyond the three-point arc, to shoot the ball with less than five seconds left.

    Nothing but the bottom of the net.

    The lead went from 8 to 11, Seattle's largest margin of the night.

    What does Chicago do in the final 4.9 seconds of the game?

    They dribble out the clock in the backcourt.

    No crying in the sports book, please.

  • #2
    Re: WNBA Final: Seattle 96 Chicago 85

    My deepest sympathy to those who feel a need to wager on this crap!

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: WNBA Final: Seattle 96 Chicago 85

      Good thing I bought 3 points.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: WNBA Final: Seattle 96 Chicago 85

        Originally posted by cheapseats View Post
        My deepest sympathy to those who feel a need to wager on this crap!

        Not sure how the league survives.

        If the ladies only ate what they killed, every player in the league would suffer from anorexia.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: WNBA Final: Seattle 96 Chicago 85

          espn had wrong score up

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: WNBA Final: Seattle 96 Chicago 85

            Originally posted by railbird View Post
            Good thing I bought 3 points.

            Rail being Rail.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: WNBA Final: Seattle 96 Chicago 85

              Originally posted by cheapseats View Post
              My deepest sympathy to those who feel a need to wager on this crap!
              I sweat the ticker, I do well with halftimes, haven't watched a game, but read up on it daily.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: WNBA Final: Seattle 96 Chicago 85

                For Chicago Sky bettors, a classic example of "right side, wrong result."

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: WNBA Final: Seattle 96 Chicago 85

                  Originally posted by John Kelly View Post
                  Rail being Rail.
                  currently need Sparks -5.5 -165, nba tv has a blackout on la area

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: WNBA Final: Seattle 96 Chicago 85

                    Put Angels +0.5 -145 First 5 in bad beat bin.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: WNBA Final: Seattle 96 Chicago 85

                      Originally posted by John Kelly View Post
                      Not sure how the league survives.

                      If the ladies only ate what they killed, every player in the league would suffer from anorexia.

                      Allow me to edit this statement.

                      The league survives as part of the NBA's plan to promote the ladies.

                      Imagine if the WNBA had to pay for those commercials and plugs through the NBA playoffs.

                      Makes me wonder about the effectiveness of advertising on ESPN or TNT during the NBA postseason.

                      The ladies attract very few viewers and very few spectators to their games, given the big push the NBA affords them.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: WNBA Final: Seattle 96 Chicago 85

                        Originally posted by railbird View Post
                        Put Angels +0.5 -145 First 5 in bad beat bin.

                        Appreciate the alliteration of "bad beat bin."

                        Fun to say.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: WNBA Final: Seattle 96 Chicago 85

                          Originally posted by railbird View Post
                          currently need Sparks -5.5 -165, nba tv has a blackout on la area

                          I'll root you home.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: WNBA Final: Seattle 96 Chicago 85

                            Originally posted by John Kelly View Post
                            Allow me to edit this statement.

                            The league survives as part of the NBA's plan to promote the ladies.

                            Imagine if the WNBA had to pay for those commercials and plugs through the NBA playoffs.

                            Makes me wonder about the effectiveness of advertising on ESPN or TNT during the NBA postseason.

                            The ladies attract very few viewers and very few spectators to their games, given the big push the NBA affords them.
                            WNBA finals at Galen Center 2 years ago chairs were in window for 10.00, I could not give 1 away and that was for Championship, I was verbally attacked multiple times for wearing my MAGA hat

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: WNBA Final: Seattle 96 Chicago 85

                              You don't forget those if you had the dog. I had something similar happen with Sebastian Telfair when he was with Portland in Portland. Almost the same scenario. He was running out the clock and the ref leaned over and said something to him (later revealed advising to shoot). Yep..nothing but net from 3 point land for the cover.
                              The art of learning is learning who to ignore ~LeAnn Rimes

                              Comment


                              • #16
                                Re: WNBA Final: Seattle 96 Chicago 85

                                Originally posted by Heim View Post
                                You don't forget those if you had the dog. I had something similar happen with Sebastian Telfair when he was with Portland in Portland. Almost the same scenario. He was running out the clock and the ref leaned over and said something to him (later revealed advising to shoot). Yep..nothing but net from 3 point land for the cover.

                                Damn ref.

                                Comment


                                • #17
                                  Re: WNBA Final: Seattle 96 Chicago 85

                                  It's comparable to the NCAA back in the day, cutting men's sports budgets to support women's programs. Similarly, watching women hit a golf ball 260 is just plain boring.

                                  Comment


                                  • #18
                                    Re: WNBA Final: Seattle 96 Chicago 85

                                    Originally posted by railbird View Post
                                    currently need Sparks -5.5 -165, nba tv has a blackout on la area

                                    Final score: Los Angeles 72 Atlanta 64.

                                    Comment


                                    • #19
                                      Re: WNBA Final: Seattle 96 Chicago 85

                                      Now, Cha Cha Shirley Muldowney is another story!

                                      Comment


                                      • #20
                                        Re: WNBA Final: Seattle 96 Chicago 85

                                        Originally posted by cheapseats View Post
                                        It's comparable to the NCAA back in the day, cutting men's sports budgets to support women's programs. Similarly, watching women hit a golf ball 260 is just plain boring.

                                        Title IX is an embarrassment.

                                        Check out some of those women's field hockey rosters of 30-40 players.

                                        Definitely need a football exemption.

                                        Comment


                                        • #21
                                          Re: WNBA Final: Seattle 96 Chicago 85

                                          The 3 at the end also put the 2h total right squarely between the opener of 86 and the closing number of 84.5.

                                          Comment


                                          • #22
                                            Re: WNBA Final: Seattle 96 Chicago 85

                                            I read the title and got excited thinking this was the last WNBA game of the year.

                                            Comment


                                            • #23
                                              Re: WNBA Final: Seattle 96 Chicago 85

                                              Originally posted by Scatana Fas View Post
                                              The 3 at the end also put the 2h total right squarely between the opener of 86 and the closing number of 84.5.

                                              Good catch, Scatana Fas.

                                              With the growing popularity of halftime wagering and especially live wagering, every point now means something to someone somewhere.

                                              Thirty minutes after the Chicago-Seattle game, the WNBA game at Staples Center between Atlanta-Los Angeles game featured a similar situation.

                                              LA with the ball, up 8, with 24.9 seconds left in the game.

                                              In the Sky-Storm game, Seattle had the ball, up 8, with 25.9 seconds left in the game.

                                              Like Seattle, Los Angeles also shot the ball in the waning seconds to avoid a shot-clock violation, but Essence Carson missed the 12-footer.

                                              Final score: Los Angeles 72 Atlanta 64.

                                              L.A. opened a 9.5-point favorite and closed an 8-point choice.

                                              Comment

                                              Working...
                                              X