Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EOG's NFL Survivor Contest (Free shot at $1,000)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EOG's NFL Survivor Contest (Free shot at $1,000)

CONTEST BEGINS IN WEEK 2 OF THE NFL SEASON

Each NFL week, contestants submit a team to LOSE.

If the team loses, the contestant advances to the following week.

If the team wins OR ties, the contestant is eliminated.

You can only pick each NFL team ONCE during the season.

Entries must be submitted prior to kickoff of the contestant's game.

In case of ties, prize money will be divided evenly among all winners at season's end.

$1k

Out of the woodwork they will come.

Guys that bash this place all over will check in, on their knees, mouth agape.

Comment

Originally posted by TobyTyler View Post
      $1k

out of the woodwork they will come

Guys that bash this place all over will check in, on their knees, mouth agape
      Agree, we should have a 100-post minimum, would take out WVU ghosts.

Comment

Why the one-week delay?

Comment

Originally posted by railbird View Post
          why the 1 week delay?

More contributors with a chance to enter after our technical difficulties last month.

As for interlopers, they have no chance against the EOG faithful..

Comment

Special thanks to WINKYDUCK for serving as the driving force behind this competition.

And a tip of the cap to BetDSI for graciously funding the event.

Comment

Originally posted by TobyTyler View Post
              $1k

Out of the woodwork they will come.

Guys that bash this place all over will check in, on their knees, mouth agape.

Add "mouth agape" to my EOG glossary.

Rough visual.

Comment

Originally posted by John Kelly View Post
                Special thanks to WINKYDUCK for serving as the driving force behind this competition.

And a tip of the cap to BetDSI for graciously funding the event.
                KUDOS to them. Way to go!
                The mind is a terrible thing to waste unless we are talking about the MORONS who post at Covers where the collective Sports Gambling IQ for the ENTIRE site is.................4!!! and even that might be too high

Comment

Originally posted by winkyduck View Post

KUDOS to them. Way to go!

Thanks Winky.

And our signature contest -- One-on-One with "1" -- will be unveiled tomorrow morning.

I hope to recruit ComptrBob to leadoff the competition in Week 1.

Stay tuned.

Comment

Jets.

Comment

Check that. Week #2.

Comment

People can't jump in after week 2 right? If they don't get a pick in for week 2 they can't get in the rest of the way right?

Comment

Jacksonville to lose week 2

Comment

Originally posted by Pickman Jones View Post
                            People can't jump in after week 2 right? If they don't get a pick in for week 2 they can't get in the rest of the way right?
                            Right

..................and my guess is JK will post a thread each week for people to post plays - this will make finding/grading all picks easier to do
                            The mind is a terrible thing to waste unless we are talking about the MORONS who post at Covers where the collective Sports Gambling IQ for the ENTIRE site is.................4!!! and even that might be too high

Comment

All the broke dikk moochers are lurking, waiting to jump in here inconspicuously as possible. Maybe throw a post here and there into another thread first so not as obvious.
                              lol on your knees

Comment

Right

..................and my guess is JK will post a thread each week for people to post plays - this will make finding/grading all picks easier to do
                                That's good so Frank whatever that guys name was won't be getting in after week 10.

Comment

Thanks eog and dsi

Comment

should have a postup contest with 1000 added instead of free roll

Comment

I would donate 1/2 my winnings to allow EOG to trade up from the current 14.4k modem they are running to bring us some 1990's era speed.
                                      I LET THE DOGS OUT

Comment

Originally posted by railbird View Post
                                        should have a postup contest with 1000 added instead of free roll
                                        I have a post up available to the sharps here if interested, as it is the 11th season, we have about 40 players already
                                        and that will come close to doubling by sunday, I must warn you railbird, although you are great, most of these boys
                                        are from wall street and are sharp as well. #ironsharpensiron

I will send out specifics later tonight when I am on the computer, and do my rough draft sunday baseball pre card.

Comment

Reporting for duty!
                                          EoG 500 Champion (2/2014)
                                          EoG NBA Post-Up 2nd Place (2015)

Comment

Thanks for the contest JK

Comment

Thanks to everyone involved for running this. I would have used SF in week 1. Lets see if I I avoided an early exit.

Comment

Originally posted by raininthrees View Post

I have a post up available to the sharps here if interested, as it is the 11th season, we have about 40 players already
                                                and that will come close to doubling by sunday, I must warn you railbird, although you are great, most of these boys
                                                are from wall street and are sharp as well. #ironsharpensiron

I will send out specifics later tonight when I am on the computer, and do my rough draft sunday baseball pre card.
                                                11th season running contests, as It's a new football season with some new progressive football contests
                                                that are super easy but have but has strategy and skill, with fun all wrapped into one.
                                                Your one time entry fee of 50 gets your team into 2 contests. approaching 40 signups already, signups close Sunday 1pm

Rules are included in this email below and on our contest(s) website. So what do I have to do?

1) Past members click and join both pools and New Members sign up at website and then join both pools

League Website: www.runyourpool.com.

2) You must enter each pool separately. Multiple entries? Yes, no max

3) Get familiar with both contests rules and ask me any questions, anytime.

4) Pay your entry fee

5) Email/DM me back to cast your vote on which prize pool will be 70% and the other 30%, majority rules.

6) Voting results will be announced after the Falcons at Eagles game on Thursday Sept 6th before Sunday Week #1.

Contest #1

Pick 3 Football

-pick only 3 games versus the VEGAS SPREAD each week, earn 1 point for every winning selection

-of your 3 games, pick one game as your "best bet" to earn 1 bonus point each week

-so that means a perfect 3-0 week will earn you 4 points total

-most points at the end of the regular season wins 1st and 2nd

Sign-Up Instructions for Pick 3
                                                Pool ID: 100257
                                                PW: justpick3

http://www.runyourpool.com/join/pool_info.cfm?id=100257&p=justpick3

Contest #2

Bankroll Builder Football

-everyone starts the season with 1000 wager credits

-select teams just to WIN the game and wager your credits

-you must select a minimum of a least 2 games per week

-minimum wager per game 50 and maximum wager 1000 per game

-games that end in a tie are a loss

-most credits at the end of regular season wins 1st and 2nd

Sign-Up Instructions for Bankroll Builder
                                                Pool ID:100307
                                                PW: justbuild

http://www.runyourpool.com/join/pool_info.cfm?id=100307&p=justbuild

questions send them my way via DM and some of you have my email already

Comment

Thanks JK.

Comment

Originally posted by Pickman Jones View Post

Correct.

Week 2 is the starting point and ending point.

Comment

Dell Dude...New York Jets
                                                      Pickman Jones...Jacksonville Jaguars

Comment

Pick a loser. I have been doing that for 30 years. No problem.

Comment

Thanks for the fun contest. Stiffs and guys with under 500 posts shouldn’t be allowed to participate though.

Comment

333 post MIN come on JK respect the people who have helped this forum for years!

do a less than 333 post side contest for $33 or something to get perhaps some others to join up and particiapte.

Comment

TooooooooBeeeeeeee !

Greetings Jay Kay

( OAKLAND to lose week 2 )

Thx++

Comment

Originally posted by trytrytry View Post
                                                                333 post MIN come on JK respect the people who have helped this forum for years!

do a less than 333 post side contest for $33 or something to get perhaps some others to join up and particiapte.

Post minimums do not interest me, Try3.

Too many quality lurkers to not include them.

I'll keep a close eye on anyone trying to flood the entry box..

Comment

Originally posted by John Kelly View Post

Post minimums do not interest me, Try3.

Too many quality lurkers to not include them.

I'll keep a close eye on anyone trying to flood the entry box..

You should post a new thread every week so people can post in 1 area making it easier to see all plays. Let it known: Picks will only be counted in the official weekly thread........anything else is the same as not submitting a pick

Comment

You should post a new thread every week so people can post in 1 area making it easier to see all plays. Let it known: Picks will only be counted in the official weekly thread........anything else is the same as not submitting a pick

Good idea, Winky.

This thread will serve as our Week 2 contest thread.

I'll start a new thread for Week 3 on Monday, September 17.

Comment

EOG Survivor Week #2

Carolina to lose

Comment

Cleveland

Comment

Originally posted by scrimmage View Post
                                                                          EOG Survivor Week #2

Carolina to lose

Thanks for entering, SCRIMMAGE.

I'll start a new thread every week for survivors of our competition.

Comment

Originally posted by VegasVic View Post
                                                                            Cleveland

Best of luck to VV.

Comment

• #39
                                                                              Week 2 submissions (Our survivor pool with a "twist")

Dell Dude...New York Jets
                                                                              Pickman Jones...Jacksonville Jaguars
                                                                              Bimmercando...Oakland Raiders
                                                                              Scrimmage...Carolina Panthers
                                                                              Vegas Vic...Cleveland Browns

Comment

• #40
                                                                                I'll take Arizona to lose in week 2.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                X