The 18,000 Obama Stock Market

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The 18,000 Obama Stock Market

While the doomsdayers continue to nag, they're cries for help are starting to fall on deaf ears. A bull market is on the run, unemployment is lowering and consumer confidence is rising. And Hillary ain't going to jail. All leading the way to an Obama recovery. For those of you who predicted doom and gloom, aren't you glad you were wrong?

Re: The 18,000 Obama Stock Market

Mr Wizard, can you explain how a record number of people are out of work and the unemployment number went down?

Comment

Just because you're not getting paid doesn't mean you're not working. Slavery didn't end in 1865.

Comment

Originally posted by markinsac View Post
        While the doomsdayers continue to nag, they're cries for help are starting to fall on deaf ears. A bull market is on the run, unemployment is lowering and consumer confidence is rising. And Hillary ain't going to jail. All leading the way to an Obama recovery. For those of you who predicted doom and gloom, aren't you glad you were wrong?
        Nope, they would have rather been right, regardless of the consequences. And the funniest thing is, they STILL maintain they were right, even though it's NASDAQ at 5,000 NOT the DJIA. It's like they bet on a team that lost 45-7 and they point to the one TD drive that got the 7 as proof that they were right, that they had the winning side, and disregard the 45 as meaningless.

Comment

Originally posted by scinlincoln View Post
          Mr Wizard, can you explain how a record number of people are out of work and the unemployment number went down?

Cause the unemployment number is not valid. When you use up your unemployment and drop off the roll, they consider you employed
          Lick my ice cream and kiss my pinky ring

Comment

Originally posted by markinsac View Post
            You couldn't be more wrong. So what's your estimate of GDP this year? When do you think the FEd will be able to raise rates? Did you see the retail sales figures reported yesterday ? Let me help

US Retail Sales Hint At Recession, Weakest Since Financial Crisis

Despite bouncing back last month at the fastest pace in a year, April just printed the slowest YoY growth since Nov09 at just 0.9% (retail sales has still missed expectations for 4 of the last 5 months). Against expectations of a 0.2% MoM rise in April (considerably slower than the 0.9% pop in March), Retail Sales missed with a 0.0% change. Ex-Auto and Gas MoM also missed with a mere 0.1% gain (aghainst +0.5% exp.) but it was the control group that saw the biggest miss, printing 0.0% (against hopeful expectations of a 0.5% gain). There was widespresd weakness with outrightdeclines in autos, furniture, gas, food, electronics (AAPL hangover), and general merchandise.

If you print and borrow enough money, the rich get richer, the poor get poorer, and the middle class disappears

The jobs created are part time , low paying jobs, and the people who are getting them are 55 and older!
            Yep, no more retirement , Burger King

People with low paying jobs, can't shop, they are broke

We as a country, are going more broke by the day. Watch the bond market. If the bond vigilantes lose patience with this Ponzi scheme, say goodnight , and rates have been inching up ...
            Capitalize on the boom in Fantasy Sports , and Play where the pros play
            http://www.fantasydraft.com/play/Rollofthedice

Comment

When economic recoveries begin, employment figures lag for awhile and then begin to catch up gradually. There are those out there who will only focus on the bad news and ignore the good news. Of course if Romney had won the election, they'd be touting the "Romney Recovery." They don't like O and they plan to stay that way. I too had my issues with O, but things have turned around. Maybe just maybe Keynesion DOES work?

Comment

Another record close for the S & P 500, NASDAQ and DJIA just points off their record highs.
                I wonder how the guy who said this back when he predicted 5000 DJIA will spin it:

"The markets are very efficient and interpret information very quickly, while anticipating future business trends."

Comment

Thank you Guesser, I couldn't have said it better myself. If this awful prosperity trend continues, what campaign issues will the GOP have to focus on? I guess they ei go to their foreign policy play book, despite the fact that a majority of Americans don't want to engage in another war.

Comment

Maybe too many of the negativistas bought Alex Jones's doomsday kits and want to get their money's worth

Comment

Comment

Like I said brucefan,there's nothing wrong with caution. But I feel the economy is starting to heat up and I'm going to enjoy the ride. And I hope Glenn Beck gets ahold of some mess soon.

Comment

Heat up ? Your kidding right? Do you follow the business headlines?

Let me repeat. We are in worse shape then ever, far worse then 2008

The Fed is clueless, and our President knows as much about economics as I know about speaking Chinese .

The Big Lie: Serial Retail Sales Downward Revisions Hide Ugly Truth

Over the last 5 years, over 20% of the initial gains in Retail Sales have been 'removed' by serial downward revisions in later months.

Comment

Well after visiting my family in SoCal for a couple of weeks, my lunch with my sister gave me that opinion. She lost her business and then her house back in 2009. But she's back in business and she says she has more business than she knows what to do with. She even said she likes Obama's economic policies. Then she treated me to a great lunch at a high-end restaurant in Pasadena. So that helps influence my decision.

Comment

Brazilian barbecue. I recommend you try it.

Comment

Working...
                              X