THE 80-0 BASEBALL SYSTEM

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE 80-0 BASEBALL SYSTEM

Ned.I was fortunate enough to follow you on Bracket Buster,NBA under 80 as well as NCAA tourney.Still far ahead tailing you on these.I appreciate your efforts to provide us with your various systems.The people who are serious "investors" have to make their own decisions as to whether or not to play the selections.As soon as you hit the submit button for a wager the responsability is on the player not the person giving the picks.I for one hope you continue to post your system plays.I may not play all the systems you suggest but any plays I make are on me not you.

Comment

Originally posted by Ned View Post
      I have another system that yields a high amount of games, but I'm seeing so many skeptics here, I don't want to expend so much energy explaining it, because it also plays into the teeth of this sytem, and I can already hear the out-cry from playing both congruously.
      Let us hear about this system. Sure, some people are going to bash but if you are winning money who cares. Let's hear about it.

Comment

Please continue to post. Some people like to lose. Others like to listen to what you have to say. Most of us appreciate you sharing your thoughts and systems.

Comment

Anything from you with positive results and a significant sample size is worth a go for me. Thanks Ned.
          ---may the odds be ever in your favor.

Comment

Ned there are some of us who want to become investers and appreciate what you share with us.There always will be bashers and losers!

Comment

this is a martingale, which is a proven long term losing strategy....period.

try and shake it up how you like or say its different this time because, but this is just a bad idea.

Comment

I agree with your thoughts on "martingale", my first line of explanation attested to that.

I agree with you wholeheartedly on playing something that doubles up going 4 deep, the risk is extremely high, no arguement.

I will however suggest you respond to the following?

What about the subset of playing a system that doubles up 1 time, and wins 90% of the time? Is that "martingale"

See I guarantee you, or if your an exception, then many here, have lost 100.00 or whatever they may be betting, and followed up the next night wagering 200.00 on another game, with a 50% chance of winning! 1 unit on one play one night, and then 2 units on another play the same or next night.

here is why you see it this way. If hypothetically this system lost for you it didn't work, because your measuring it on 1 year, one time, while I measure everything I do as being continuous, it doesn't end with the end of a system, it doesn't end on a given night, a given week, it never ends!!

My point being this. if this or anything else I wager on wins or losses, it isn't the system that wins or loses, it is a never ending series of wagers in a continued never ending cycle. My approach isn't on the single entity, it is on the continuem. If you have a 60-65% chance of winning with everything you do, it doesn't matter which ones lose, and which ones win, they will always be different. See most look at bracketbuster, NCAA Tournament, NBA picks, etc. as a single entity, it is a stream of entities for me, it doesn't matter what a specific one does win or lose, that's what most don't understand.

Comment

See it only matters if you lose all at once, if that loss takes you out of the game. Does it matter if you lose 20 units on one calculated high percentage risk, or lose 20 units on a month's worth of bad picks?

The way you answer that question determines whether your a gambler or an investor.

I will never wager an amount that has me out of the game, but I will wager 20 units on a high percentage likelyhood of winning to win 1 unit, or 2 units, or 3 units, that's the difference.

Comment

Appreciate the work ned....

but

what if pre 1998 it did terrrible? 80 games isn't even close to enough games to have a sample for a 4 game chase....

Any bum could chase the Red Sox to win one of 4 games at home against a sub .500 team 6 times a year....
                    ---+--Desire--+--Discipline--+--Dedication--+---

Comment

Guys I'm spending to much time here, trying to answer the skeptics, my advise, as originally posted is, if you don't trust what you see, or feel it is too risky, then pass! I'm not sure I will play the 4 game chase, I'm still equating to which is more valuable, not which is the riskiest, that is obvious, I'm not afraid of calculated risk.

Comment

No need to stuff it down their throats, Ned. Let skeptics be skeptics and move on about business as usual...

For the skeptics, your crying about the matingale like system may be meant as a warning for the lesser experienced. In that context it's justified... but otherwise stop the whining!

Ned has but out some solid work - use it as you like, mold it to suit your preferences. If you just don't like the statistical approach there is no need for you to get involved here.

I just saw the system, so haven't really made up my mind on it... the number of games isn't statistically safe, but systems rarely are... betting statistical angles usually comes down to... do you find good reason that the trend will hold up?

For this system... going 49-31 in the first game just shows that playoff teams are usually still more solid than the opposition... come next season. If someone hands me the playoff teams for the last few seasons (think I have lines dating back to 2003) I can quickly see if the system would have yielded a 1st game profit for these years.

The buttom line, however, the beaty of a forum is to have your ideas tried in teori before risking your money. It seems to me, Ned, that you would prefer no questions asked. Instead there might be something to take from some of the comments... and don't get too involved with people that obviously don't support the basis of your approach... the statistical angle.

Personally, I NEVER follow anything blind, but I like to look into anything that looks interesting. I was too late for your first, very profitable, systems... I did find my own system for the Madness that supported the majority of your plays... my systems went about as well as yours
                        Your NBA80 system has been awesome this year, only trouble is it carries no support when back-tracked 4-5 years... but keep them systems coming and we will extract some gold...
                        Tennis: 8-6-1, +10.94 units
                        Soccer: 6-5-1, + 1.42 units
                        NBA: 9-4, +3.58 units

Comment

Horrible system. It's just another martingale system that will lose in the long run.

The only real system to win money betting at baseball is to bet a lot of dogs that have value, especially early in the year.

Comment

Originally posted by joeybagadonuts View Post
                            Horrible system. It's just another martingale system that will lose in the long run.

I'm not a big fan of chase systems, either, but you can be sure that anything Ned puts his name on has been checked and re-checked. To call it just another martingale is not a very informed statement, IMO.
                            ---may the odds be ever in your favor.

Comment

Originally posted by munson15 View Post
                              I'm not a big fan of chase systems, either, but you can be sure that anything Ned puts his name on has been checked and re-checked. To call it just another martingale is not a very informed statement, IMO.
                              Ok, fair enough. I read back over it and understand the rationale, however, the flaw is the same as every trend system- it is backfitted. I could find plenty of threads that would hit at smiliar percentages. What has happened in the past has zero barring on the present nor the future. There in is the flaw of the system. The sample size in this case is also way too small and doesn't take into account off season changes to last season's play off teams. I wish anyone who follows the best. Just remember- each game is an independent event. They don't have memories and no team is ever "due" to win any game. Just my opinion.

Comment

This is the reason I stay out of forums. The people that critisize are the most likely ones that are gamblers pure and simple, they are unteachable, I have won every single year at sports wagering, not a single year exception, but when you try to share some knowledge, it is best suited stuffed up under your cap, for those that made money, I left you with something to move forward, for those that just want to spray like a skunk, keep spraying, because the ears are no longer here. I wish you the best gentlemen!

Comment

Working...
                                X