Why is Florida Atlantic such a big home dog tonight?

Books Worst Enemy

EOG Addicted
I realize ULL beat Houston on the road, but they are STILL ULL, aren't they?

Figured this would be a lot closer to pick.

Later,
Books Worst Enemy

Re: Why is Florida Atlantic such a big home dog tonight?

FAU OWLS are in bad shape with bad team..Crushed High School team last week to deflate line more..I like Laf ..ML to be safe or use to fatten parlays ML..I don`t see the Owls winning this game..-Jojo

Lawrence

EOG Dedicated

Jojo, Coach Schnellenberger wouldn't like you speaking that way.

Seriously though, take away last 2 weeks #'s, and FAU is terrible. 20 total points first 4 games, and allowed 54, 45, 48 and 45 points to opponents in those games. Not sure if i'm playing it, but the line seems right, and imo, the only play would be ULL. GL...

PSUONE

EOG Veteran

Cajuns are def the right side. They beat Houston and ran up decent numbers against Tex AM. FAU is not very good!

However, I said C.Florida was no good on a week night game at home and they covered agains S.Miss.

Books Worst Enemy

EOG Addicted

FAU played much stronger competition....@ K-State, @ Oklahoma State, @ Clemson & @ South Carolina.

I would expect horrible stats for any Sun Belt team after that.

ULL was beaten just as badly @ A&M and @ LSU.

Excluding BCS conference opponents, these two teams are a combined 5-0 SU.

I gotta think Houston was asleep at the wheel when ULL came to town. Home dog looks better to me here.

Later,
Books Worst Enemy

On paper, I can see why ULL is favored by so much, but IMO this is one of those games where you could see any team winning.

My money will prolly be on ULL although it's tough to bet on the away team in a game like this...hopefully we will come across some helpful insights before gametime :p

ULL is the best of that conference. AtL is middle or to the bottom. It's inflated somewhat though. Should be 11.

FAU is the worst team on the planet.

In the first half against Oklahoma State they couldn't even get positive yardage. They fared better in the second half against second and THIRD team guys, but they were still horrible.

Offensively they are dreadful man. Just REALLY REALLY BAD.

No way I would EVER bet ON THEM. I just played ULL not long ago, but I wouldn't play FAU if the line was 35. Okay, I'm exaggerating but you get my point.

MadCapper

Head <in> Moderation

From covers....

<LI class=more>FLATL are 1-7 ATS in their last 8 games overall.
<LI class=more>FLATL are 3-8 ATS in their last 11 conference games

IGAMBLER

EOG Addicted

Home dogs in the Sun Belt conference are solid. Unwise to buck the home dog in this conference.

CHALKbreaker

EOG Dedicated

FAU is the worst team on the planet.

In the first half against Oklahoma State they couldn't even get positive yardage. They fared better in the second half against second and THIRD team guys, but they were still horrible.

Offensively they are dreadful man. Just REALLY REALLY BAD.

No way I would EVER bet ON THEM. I just played ULL not long ago, but I wouldn't play FAU if the line was 35. Okay, I'm exaggerating but you get my point.

I agree SB. I played them opening week vs Clemson, and it was simply one of the worse teams you will see in D1A football (right there with Temple).

You guys can thank me for this play later (or slap me)..The play is the UNDER..YES UNDER...Sun Belt conference games are usually very defensive, and conservatively called. Don't be suckered into the over by seeing these teams giving up 40+ to powerhouse teams. Expect a lot of running, and a sparatic passing game. Take it under 47.:+thumbs-2