Write up: Oklahoma @ Missouri

mofome

Banned

OU + 2.5 @ Mizzou

Mizzou and OU are both coming off relatively easy wins this past weekend. Prior to the season most thought this would be the return of OU to the top of the big 12 while Missouri would be a bit of a question mark. But heading into this game, its mizzou that controls its destiny in the conference and is still playing for a BCS bid.

After a slow start last week, the tigers exploded for 31 points in the middle quarters of their game with KNST to put them away. Chase continued to put up huge numbers with 4TDs, no ints, and 262 yards. Missouri got the job done on the ground as well putting up 171 yards with a nice 4.6ypc average. Even in the lopsided victory, Missouri still came away with some questions in their run defense. KNST racked up 262 yards on the ground and managed 5.6 yards a pop. Needless to say, the tigers are happy they wont be seeing the likes of A. Peterson this weekend.

OU had one of its best defensive efforts last week as this unit continues to rise up nationally in terms of total defense. Another effort like last week and they will find themselves in the top 10, but that?s not going to be easy. Col came into the sooner state and got manhandled by the OU defense. OU held Col to 113 total yards and only 2.6ypp. Colorado?s offense is simply too one dimensional and they struggled to move the ball, as we thought they would. But like Missouri, OU didn?t come out of their game with Colorado without some major concerns. Stoops opted to stick with his running game despite the loss of Peterson and they struggled a bit. OU ran the ball 49 times and picked up 3.4ypc. Without Peterson we wondered if Thompson could pick things up and he could not. Thompson threw the ball 27 times and only averaged 4.0ypa. that?s not gonna get it done this week.

Missouri love to throw the ball and that wont change this week. They don?t drop back and throw it deep too often, they like to run a controlled passing offense and spread the defense out. Mizzou currently ranks 18<SUP>th</SUP> in the nation in passing, putting up 254.6 yards per contest. Chase Daniels has only lost once since his jr year in HS and that?s due, in large part, to his ability to take care of the ball. This season chase has an outstanding 19:5, TD:INT ratio. This week the Tigers pass offense will face its biggest test when OU brings their 11<SUP>th</SUP> ranked pass defense to town. OU has only given up 7 passing Tds and has matched each td allowed one for one with Ints. A problem for the OU defense has been their inability to get to the QB, they are 99<SUP>th</SUP> in the nation in sacks with a total of 9 on the year. Missouri does a good job of protecting their qb having only given up 10 sacks in 8 games this season. These stats seem to indicate that Daniels will have the time to pick out his wrs and ou will have to hope to get hands up and deflect a few passes and confuse Chase with coverages. When the tigers look for the big play they go to William Franklin who is putting up over 18ypc and has over 650 yards receiving this season. Its tough to double Wrs in the spread offense and when OU doubles WF, Daniels has no trouble throwing underneath. Franklin is great after the catch and he will be a focal point this week as OU prepares to go to Missouri.

When mizzou chooses to run the ball they do it with decent success. They rank 33<SUP>rd</SUP> in rushing offence and put up a bit over 4.3ypc. Missouri mixes up their runs with a few option looks and runs from the spread to keep teams off balance. Chase doesn?t have great speed, but he picks his spots well and has amassed over 230 rushing yards on the season. On the ground the tigers are led by tony temple whos on his way to a thousand yard season and is averaging over 5.3 yards per carry. OU only ranks 41<SUP>st</SUP> vs. the run but that?s been getting better each week after they were eaten up at Oregon.
Overall I think Missouri will move the ball b/w the 20s but this game will be decided based on their ability to get 7 instead of 3.

The Ou offense is still a question mark without Peterson. Last week they looked below average at home vs. a 1-6 Col team. Thompson wasn?t able to just drop back and throw and that allowed col to keep a decent amount of men in the box and hold the sooners under 3.5ypc. The OU passing attack should benefit from better weather this week. Even still, OU will need to be able to make big plays and keep Missouri from keying on the run if they want to leave with a win. Missouri has a decent pass defense; they only give up 5.41ypa and have 10 take aways. That being said, the tigers haven?t faced many great passing attacks so far this season. OU currently ranks 53<SUP>rd</SUP> in the nation in passing offense. One thing that OU will need to focus on is the attacking Tigers defense who are currently sacking the QB 3.5 times per game. Thompson will face pressure and will have to show that he can keep away from making the big mistakes that he did vs Texas.

As far as running the ball, OU ranks 23<SUP>rd</SUP> with just over 170 yards per game, but most of that was obviously with Peterson in the backfield. The sooners will be facing a very capable Missouri rush defense that is only giving up 3.38ypc.
The sooners will need to be able to run the ball on first down if they are going to have success this weekend on the road. Thompson isn?t likely to drop back on pick apart the tigers and this will be a concern not only on 2<SUP>nd</SUP>/3<SUP>rd</SUP> and longs but also if Missouri has a lead late in the game. This will be one of the biggest games mizzou has had in many years. The tigers are still looking to win the big 12 and sneak into the BCS. Missouri has good balance on both sides of the ball and will be playing in front of their home crowd which should be fired up at noon on Saturday. OU attacked the line of scrimmage a lot vs. Colorado but that may not work vs. the tigers controlled passing attack and their talented QB. While OU has shown well on defense over the last month, they still have a lot of questions on offense and that could be the difference in the game. In a big game like this is often times comes down to the QB that makes plays and limits mistakes; Chase should be the more likely to do each. Lead by an all-conference caliber QB, I expect Missouri to take this game at home and set up a huge game at Nebraska on the first weekend in November.

My play:
Missouri -2.5

Re: Write up: Oklahoma @ Missouri

Ohhhhhhhh Ahhhhhhhhhhhh Let me run to Pinn before Mo`s pick gets out and changes the line:D ...Seriously- Thanks for the nice write up..Know it took some time..You have been thinking quite clearly lately with the writeups and noticed you advised to take Det last night too..Keep up the great work young stud:+bouncing :+signs8-3

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="98%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=center align=left width="54%" bgColor=#003366 height=35> Wager Description</TD><TD vAlign=center width="30%" bgColor=#003366 height=35> Wager Amounts</TD><TD vAlign=center align=right width="15%" bgColor=#003366 height=35> Result </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="98%" border=0><TBODY><TR bgColor=#000000 colspan="4"><TD></TD></TR><TR bgColor=#99cccc><TD width="22%">[FONT=Verdana, Arial]Oct 23 4:45pm[/FONT]</TD><TD align=left width="32%">[FONT=Verdana, Arial]Football - Pending[/FONT]</TD><TD width="30%">[FONT=Verdana, Arial]50.00 to win 37.04[/FONT]</TD><TD align=right width="15%">[FONT=Verdana, Arial] [/FONT]</TD></TR><TR bgColor=#99cccc><TD width="100%" colSpan=4>[FONT=Verdana, Arial] 1. Football - Missouri - moneyline (-135)
for the entire game held on Oct 28 at 1:00pm [pending]
[/FONT]</TD></TR><TR bgColor=#003366><TD> Return</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
I am not in the habit of listening to ANYONE`S picks..Out of respect to U.. I just laid 50 beans for kicks @ The Greek ML..I hope to thank U later..-Jojo

mofome

Banned

Ohhhhhhhh Ahhhhhhhhhhhh Let me run to Pinn before Mo`s pick gets out and changes the line:D ...Seriously- Thanks for the nice write up..Know it took some time..You have been thinking quite clearly lately with the writeups and noticed you advised to take Det last night too..Keep up the great work young stud:+bouncing :+signs8-3

haha thanks jojo. i just go with whats in the suggestion box. ou/mizzou was first. sometimes the write up is a play and sometimes i come up with a game that seems too close. was lucky last week that LSU-32.5 was too close and then Col +13.5 was as well. Col was down 14 with 20 seconds left and LSU won by 32.

mofome

Banned

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="98%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=center align=left width="54%" bgColor=#003366 height=35>Wager Description</TD><TD vAlign=center width="30%" bgColor=#003366 height=35>Wager Amounts</TD><TD vAlign=center align=right width="15%" bgColor=#003366 height=35>Result </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="98%" border=0><TBODY><TR bgColor=#000000 colspan="4"><TD></TD></TR><TR bgColor=#99cccc><TD width="22%">[FONT=Verdana, Arial]Oct 23 4:45pm[/FONT]</TD><TD align=left width="32%">[FONT=Verdana, Arial]Football - Pending[/FONT]</TD><TD width="30%">[FONT=Verdana, Arial]50.00 to win 37.04[/FONT]</TD><TD align=right width="15%"></TD></TR><TR bgColor=#99cccc><TD width="100%" colSpan=4>[FONT=Verdana, Arial]1. Football - Missouri - moneyline (-135) [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial]for the entire game held on Oct 28 at 1:00pm [pending] [/FONT]
</TD></TR><TR bgColor=#003366><TD>Return</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
I am not in the habit of listening to ANYONE`S picks..Out of respect to U.. I just laid 50 beans for kicks @ The Greek ML..I hope to thank U later..-Jojo

well thanks jojo. i hope we come up with a good result on saturday. bol with your play and thanks for the words

:cheers

I'll just paste that over to my picks thread. LOL Thanks for confirming my pick.

Owwwwwwwww...With the blessing of young Zero, I feel even better...I don`t usually look @ Sat this early..So all I have to say for now is--GO GIANTS..ML COUNTRYTWINE

kelp0027

EOG Dedicated

:+clueless nice write-up;

but

i'm a boomer schooner sooner in this one

lol

gl

:confused :smokesmal

mofome

Banned

well, should OU cover...
a loss is never as bad if i know it made kelper a winner

mofome

Banned

no worries.

im debating on whether or not to do the miami/gt game tonight

:+clueless

no worries.

im debating on whether or not to do the miami/gt game tonight

:+clueless
.........That`s true..Already made the cash on the Sat wager on your call on the Mon nite game:cheers ..Mo esta caliente carnalito;)

mofome

Banned

.........That`s true..Already made the cash on the Sat wager on your call on the Mon nite game:cheers ..Mo esta caliente carnalito;)

takes your own gahooona's to put the wager in.

now we need to find a bases winner for tomorrow and some value for the weekend

I'll admit I just skimmed it, however I didn't see you mention ou missing ANOTHER olineman with a broken leg, after an already supremely thin oline. Inuries, guys quitting, getting kicked off, etc. They have performed valiantly despite their lack of depth and talent. Honestly though, this one I think is the straw that broke the camel's back when you combine it with Peterson and Reggie Smith.

Smith played last week with a broken/cracked Fibula.

He is their best player after Peterson and honestly, I can't believe they let him play last week.

To me, it says he's just a piece of meat and they don't value their players...

He's their best defender. He was the starting cb but they moved him to safety to shore up the D. He is their best kick returner and he's their punt returner. He also gets some plays at WR.

You're going to play him with a crack in his FIBULA? GTFO!!!!

He played through the pain last week but then came out limping. The guy has NFL STAR written all over him but they are risking his career if he breaks it worse.

I don't think he plays that much this week.

You're on the right side with Mizzou imo.

mofome

Banned

who reggie smith? former #5 rated cb in the nation out of edmond? 2nd best HS player in the state of OK for his sr class? lofton first? had offers from every major school including USC where he took one of his official visits?

ive heard of him. i didnt know he was as banged up as he is. i mentioned a few things in the write up that i think matter. i did mention the fact that i felt mizzou would get pressure on thompson.

bol to u sb

just tryin' to help a brotha out. I posted last week that he broke his leg but no one responded. Didn't have much impact cause they were playin' cu. A bit different this week...

mofome

Banned

just tryin' to help a brotha out. I posted last week that he broke his leg but no one responded. Didn't have much impact cause they were playin' cu. A bit different this week...

i know my friend. you always help, you're big 12 man and thats the facts.

i didnt see your post. you're right, this week its gonna hurt big time if hes that banged up. im pleased to be on your side in this one and have that information.

PO69

EOG Master

WOW! Finally an actual writeup! You are starting to turn the corner again!

uh oh please tell me mo didn't plagarize.

btw, I listened, painful as it was, to Bob Stoops' press conference today and he said Smith practiced yesterday and would be able to go on Saturday...

He may be telling the truth, but I still believe that even if he plays he won't be nearly as effective.

btw, I listened, painful as it was, to Bob Stoops' press conference today and he said Smith practiced yesterday and would be able to go on Saturday...

He may be telling the truth, but I still believe that even if he plays he won't be nearly as effective.

Mo say it isn't so!!!!!or were you just trolled? LOL:football

mofome

Banned
Re: Players 69

Do de word "plagiarism" ring a bell? :)

no

i wrote this myself. obviously you're an idiot and always have been. you're useless. its funny that you cant just accept that im much better than you. you never have and never will offer anything to the board.

mofome

Banned

what are you, an idiot?

i do my own thing. its funny that people talk shit no matter what. i do the best work for the board and i read a bunch of shit about it.

:LMAO

mofome

Banned

Mo say it isn't so!!!!!or were you just trolled? LOL:football

i would kill myself before taking someone elses POS write ups. i do my own thing, in everything. i dont take other peoples ideas or plays, much less their write ups

way to ruin a great thread, morons

dirty

EOG Master

Do de word "plagiarism" ring a bell? :)

Where is the proof...don't just claim it.... show it.....

guys don't junk up the thread.... this is a good thread and is talking about a game lots are interested in...

mofome

Banned

how about these, taco?

http://www.eog.com/forums/college-football-betting/your-write-up-play-purdue-wisconsin-52740.html

http://www.eog.com/forums/college-football-betting/uh-write-up-big-12-game-52623.html

http://www.eog.com/forums/college-football-betting/ok-quick-write-up-thursday-night-52551.html

http://www.eog.com/forums/college-football-betting/lsu-fresno-short-write-up-52605.html

all of these were games asked about by posters on eog.

u do something useful with your life. just read my write ups and learn. im flattered that you think they're sooooo good that i had to get them from somewhere else.

you're a fucking retard

:LMAO

mofome

Banned

yeah really, so many of these stupid fucks dont offer anything but they still talk.

making jokes and all is one thing, but to make that claim is a little much. especially when the idiot has a couple of my e-friends asking if hes serious.

we should be able to lock people out of certain threads

I laughed . Person probally didn't even read it. Po69 is just a troll. :clapping: