EOG Master
Re: WEEK 10 PLAYS

Trace:

How is Tuberville with a big lead?

Does he call off the dogs usually?

Trace Fields

EOG Addicted

Tommy, like the majority of SEC coaches in a non-conference sandwich, looks to grind it out, I played La Monroe +38 over Auburn a few years back and Tommy was content to run it into the line as I listened. With their future schedule I expect Tommy to keep people healthy.

Trace Fields

EOG Addicted

Heim, again, many thanks for the diverging opinions, particularly on the Oregon games early this season!

nflguy

EOG Enthusiast

Thanks Trace. Do you have a lean on the game everyone is looking forward to this week? No not La Tech/N Texas, but WV and Lou?

Trace Fields

EOG Addicted

nflguy: Louisville, bad recent form, I do not like putting Hunter back on the bench for rusty Brohm, but the Ville only allows 75 ypg rushing and WV does it via land.

Buckeyemac: Thx! Do you like the Luckeyes this week?

pvcpipe: you asked me a question last week that I will get back to answering.

jefff

EOG Senior Member

wow, the longest home winning streak in CFB goes down this weekend

trace fields i am new here. i will be following you from now on . good job on your picks. I look forward to your threads.

Alan

EOG Enthusiast

Trace,

Glad you see some value on the Tar Heels, I am paying a small fortune to take the wife and me to South Bend on Saturday and sit up so high that if it is cloudy I will not see the field. I owe a guy a couple of hundred who lives nearby so I will not have the BR to get into play on this one with you but best of luck.

Trace Fields

EOG Addicted

Alan:

Enjoy the trip, it is not often a hometown team plays under Touchdown Jesus. Hopefully carolina will hand onto the football.

chris23

EOG Member

Hey Trace,
Nice job last week. What are your thoughts on Oklahoma -3, Arkansas -2, Wisconsin -7? Thanks man, appreciate your insight.
-Chris

Trace Fields

EOG Addicted

Chris: Thx, I lean with Arkansas, they expect the Hogs to have approximately an 80 yard rushing edge, it is just a lean. South Carolina lacks the seasoning and strength along the line of scrimmage to win in my opinion. Wisconsin has been great, the defense excellent. I do not trust Stocco in a defensive war, last week Stocco was bad, this week I expect the same. Dog or nothing. I am going to sleep on Oklahoma and geiv everyone my opinion in the morning. Missouri gave Oklahoma the game last week as the Sooner defense played great once again. A&M's flaws have been noted, discount the Army game, Baylor was a tough spot, Oklahoma State was a tough spot. Oklahoma is not that good on the offensive line of scrimmage and with Chris Brown gone at tailback (Pete plays like Chris Brown not Eric Dickerson) the run game is not that good. Thompson has played great. A&M got a push last year. I need to think about it.

champs

EOG Member

Thanks Trace for your plays. Any opinion on San Diego State /Wyoming. I was waiting to see if line dropped to 14 before taking Wyoming as Aztecs offense just is not clicking. Or does the Aztec defense play well enough to keep the game close. I would expect Wyoming to come out passing and weather forecast doesn't appear to have any unusal cold weather for Saturday that would hammper the SO CAL Aztecs.

Trace Fields

EOG Addicted

champs: The problem for Wyoming is the Cowboy offense, they only average 320 ypg, the respected Aztecs defenses allows 348 ypg. So if you lay Wyoming you need a shutout or something close. In that case I would try UNDER rather than laying two TDs. Wyoming could cover with turnovers and specials but that is hard to predict going into the game.

Trace Fields

EOG Addicted

ADDITIONAL PLAYS
106 LOUISVILLE -1 WEST VIRGINIA
130 ILLINOIS +25.5 OHIO STATE
146 TEXAS A&M +3 OKLAHOMA

Trace Fields

EOG Addicted

149 NORTH CAROLINA +27.5 AT NOTRE DAME

Fading Irish weak run offense (107 ypg) once again. The Tar Heels are going hard for lame duck coach, everyone gets up for the Irish.

162 OREGON -13.5 WASHINGTON

The Quack Attack has incredible offensive balance facing a Washington defense off many tough defeats and offensive cog Stanback now on the sidelines.

191 UCLA +17 AT CALIFORNIA

UCLA ran out of gas last week as expected with the Irish last second win deflating the team. Cal's effort versus Washington was a red flag on laying points with this team, particularly doubles against the UCLA defense that allows just 18.6 ppg.

184 TEXAS -17 OKLAHOMA STATE

I do not like Oklahoma State's back seven, they give up many big plays. Texas will be poll watching for the BCS on TBS.

197 ARIZONA STATE +3 AT OREGON STATE

There is nothing like one of the biggest wins in school history, which typically follows with a loss. ASU QB carpenter now playing within himself as Dirk is now leaning on the run game.

199 ARKANSAS STATE +31 AT AUBURN

Comments after the Hale Bob comet at 10AM PST.

187 VIRGINIA TECH -2.5 AT MIAMI FLORIDA

Coker is a Lame Duck after last week's loss while the Hokies have now found their run game.

The Cards allow just 75 ypg rushing, the West Virginia offense slows down while Louisville's balance exposes the small 3-3-5 Mounty defense.

ILLINOIS getting it done by the week, mainly with their defense, 300 ypg. Juice has provided the spark, hopefully he will hang onto the ball.

Last week oddsmakers put the onus on Missouri as the favorite and Oklahoma responded winning with defense. This week oddsmakers put the onus on Oklahoma. Thompson now has to do it alone, at night, in Aggieland. Thompson does not have the seasoning to be mistake free. The Aggies got a strong push from their OL in Norman last year and I expect Fran to have the line of scrimmage here.

nflguy

EOG Enthusiast

149 NORTH CAROLINA +27.5 AT NOTRE DAME

Fading Irish weak run offense (107 ypg) once again. The Tar Heels are going hard for lame duck coach, everyone gets up for the Irish.

162 OREGON -13.5 WASHINGTON

The Quack Attack has incredible offensive balance facing a Washington defense off many tough defeats and offensive cog Stanback now on the sidelines.

191 UCLA +17 AT CALIFORNIA

UCLA ran out of gas last week as expected with the Irish last second win deflating the team. Cal's effort versus Washington was a red flag on laying points with this team, particularly doubles against the UCLA defense that allows just 18.6 ppg.

184 TEXAS -17 OKLAHOMA STATE

I do not like Oklahoma State's back seven, they give up many big plays. Texas will be poll watching for the BCS on TBS.

197 ARIZONA STATE +3 AT OREGON STATE

There is nothing like one of the biggest wins in school history, which typically follows with a loss. ASU QB carpenter now playing within himself as Dirk is now leaning on the run game.

199 ARKANSAS STATE +31 AT AUBURN

Comments after the Hale Bob comet at 10AM PST.

187 VIRGINIA TECH -2.5 AT MIAMI FLORIDA

Coker is a Lame Duck after last week's loss while the Hokies have now found their run game.

The Cards allow just 75 ypg rushing, the West Virginia offense slows down while Louisville's balance exposes the small 3-3-5 Mounty defense.

ILLINOIS getting it done by the week, mainly with their defense, 300 ypg. Juice has provided the spark, hopefully he will hang onto the ball.

Last week oddsmakers put the onus on Missouri as the favorite and Oklahoma responded winning with defense. This week oddsmakers put the onus on Oklahoma. Thompson now has to do it alone, at night, in Aggieland. Thompson does not have the seasoning to be mistake free. The Aggies got a strong push from their OL in Norman last year and I expect Fran to have the line of scrimmage here.

Great timing Trace, love the portfolio, great numbers, now lets just win these fuckers. :D

champs

EOG Member

Trace - Thanks for the insight on SDSU /Wyoming. I can now see the under as a play as I was scared about the offense of Wyoming. If they pass they could get lead and then just run the ball to get win.

Trace Fields

EOG Addicted

Folks, I am hopping off ARKANSAS STATE, I do not like the comments from the Auburn OC: "we need touchdowns before UGA and Bama", typically Tubby's MO is grind it but with a new attitude I will have to eat juice. Sorry folks, it is new information. So much of the cap in this price range is how interested a team is in extracting their pound of flesh, particularly with this class difference SEC vs Sun Belt. Arkansas State has an excellent defense but their offense will not produce much and it sounds like they will need to produce.

Official Play
200 Auburn -30 Arkansas State

mofome

Banned

The Cards allow just 75 ypg rushing, the West Virginia offense slows down while Louisville's balance exposes the small 3-3-5 Mounty defense

:cheers :cheers

:dancefool

Trace Fields

EOG Addicted

champs: I know what you were trying to do and it is frustrating trying to find a spot to fade a team that you know has weaknesses. I see it all the time, you have to let the spot come to you. Sometimes you never get your shot, other times you bet your ass off on the spot. Being able to pass a team in the wrong spot is maturity that everyone needs. Like I said before, peak at the total if things do not set up quite right.

Trace Fields

EOG Addicted

mofome: Watching WV gouge the Ville defense I knew the 75 ypg rush defense comment would come back and haunt me, at least we had the small 3-3-5 defense to take advantage of!

mofome

Banned

mofome: Watching WV gouge the Ville defense I knew the 75 ypg rush defense comment would come back and haunt me, at least we had the small 3-3-5 defense to take advantage of!

ah, i wasnt making note of that. just copied and pasted the play. easy win over the #3 team in the country is cause for

:houra

Trace Fields

EOG Addicted

Shrink: Oh it scares me when everyone falls on top of each other! My belief in why the consensus plays fail has to do with overconfidence. If everyone believes one side will win then the players likely believe that also. Not the type of attitude one needs going into a physical game. The mindset we had going in actually countered that factor. For Ville, who was struggling ATS, and WV who was covering the players confidence was on the WV side. Typically you see the results is turnovers, penalties for a distracted team. I know WV was likely overconfident becuase I spoke with a square bookmaker who was loaded on WV.