FROG's NBA Regular season thread...

MadCapper

Head <in> Moderation
Re: FROG's NBA Regular season thread...

OF,

Good start. Hopefully we can both have a tremendous season.

OF,

Good start. Hopefully we can both have a tremendous season.

Yes, I would be thrilled to have a tremendous season with you. In fact, you could have even a better season than me as long as we both succeed. I agree, good start, not great, but good. A lot of work to be done.

OF...:cheers

Jack Straw

EOG Member

well i guess there will be no plays tonight

some of you people need to seek serious help :+clueless

let the guy post when he feels like it or your going to ruin a good thing:doh1

How many FROG's does it take to replace a shower light bulb? One, but it takes 8 hours. Sorry guys, I had no idea this project would blow so much time. The wife is grumbling, shower light is out, need to fix it. Hey no problem piece of cake. Get a couple of floods and come home, it is recessed so I think that is it. Use a mini stepper to pull the lens because my 12 ft ladder does not fit in shower stall. So I am reaching straight up from a 4 foot stepper, the ceilings are 12 footers, and I can barely reach the freaking thing, and when I pull it I get a face full of spackle and sheetrock dust. Then, I get the bad news, it is some sort of plug in loop bulb, not a flood. Worse yet, I can't see what kind and can't reach it to take it out because the clip is way up n the housing. So back to Home Depot and I buy both kinds they have. And a six foot ladder, 10% off to work on the damn thing. Pull the bulb out, and it is 2 pin instead of 4 pin. Fuck! Back to Home Depot. Little helper girl says or we dropped those when we changed the display, the bi pins are obsolete. Unreal. Just for laughs I try a more specialized hardware store called OSH's. Sure enough, they have them, so I buy two. Mission complete, and the wife better take care of me in the shower with the lousy new bulb it took a entire day to get replaced.

I did not want to say no plays today because I thought piece of cake, maybe an hour tops. Just catching my breath now, ladder still in shower. I will resume my duties and see what I can do. Will just skip MNF. Normally I am considerate enough to let you guys no nothing is happening. Sorry to keep you hanging. Not my intent at all.

OF...:(

MadCapper

Head <in> Moderation

It's ok for today.

They will follow me. J/K.

Thanx for keeping us updated.

well i guess there will be no plays tonight

some of you people need to seek serious help :+clueless

let the guy post when he feels like it or your going to ruin a good thing:doh1

No Jack, I am not ACE. No one is going to ruin a good thing. I appreciate your support but I screwed up and did not intend for this day to go like this at all. No biggie. No one needs any help. I won't make a habit of this I swear.

OF...:doh1

The bathroom has a 12 foot ceiling ? Frog can reach it with less than a 6-foot ladder ?

Lets see a picture of this bathroom !

:+textinb3

Doug, simple math, 4 ft ladder, 6 ft guy, 2 ft arms. I think I can reach 8 ft flat footed. I would like Blazers but both bigs out and Clips are tough up front. Utah showing effects of 3 game run, number all the way to -5 1/2, some takeback. Talk about played out. You just don't get long rides on NBA sides. I would not be shocked if Motown won, but I won't bet against this Utah squad. Mavs are one of the playing awful teams with Warriors right there. Nellie gets to visit old blacklisted buddy Cuban. The one that is stiffing him like McIrish. Junk game where you can't even get an opinion. Big revenge game for Sac, they got the shaft in Minny. Normally play very well at home, Minny coming off stupid Ricky Davis Blazer loss. You want to know why Ricky has been on so many teams? He says the Blazers are a team of roaches, right before half time. Blazers get the word, fires them up, they overcome large deficit and win outright. Great job Ricky. See a couple of maybes, one yes. Back in a few.

OF...:thumbsup

finite

EOG Enthusiast

Technical question. I bet Dallas over 196. When it hit 200 I bet under for half the bet minus 5 cents. What is standard assuming their is a standard in this sort of situation?

Jack Straw

EOG Member

No Jack, I am not ACE. No one is going to ruin a good thing. I appreciate your support but I screwed up and did not intend for this day to go like this at all. No biggie. No one needs any help. I won't make a habit of this I swear.

OF...:doh1

Believe me i know your not Ace
If you were i would be somewhere else

Glad you are understanding
It doesn't matter where, when or how you post your plays there is no reason for people to disrespect you.
This matter needs to be addressed or it will not take long before you get tired of it.

just my thoughts its only week #2

JS

i have to add this i had a $150 free play at CRIS used it yesterday on Detriot Lions +210/315
Thank you Ace Ace

Technical question. I bet Dallas over 196. When it hit 200 I bet under for half the bet minus 5 cents. What is standard assuming their is a standard in this sort of situation?

Awesome question but bad timing as I am humping it capping because of wasted day. I will answer that with an answer worth waiting for, but I need to focus on task at hand, capping tonight's games.

OF...:+signs8-3

God, who bet the Knicks? Carib cut my NBA limits in half after less than a week. Probably been there 5-6 years.

Clips ov 193 1/2 (2 units) Oly, Bet Jam

This one opened 202 but got steamed down to 192. I barely got 193. Not sure Blazers can slow down Clips, especially inside. I had this about 196-7. Normally I don't like big spreads and overs but I think a real heavy move that went a bit too far. Looking at one earlier also.

OF...:+waving-5

Jazz ov 190 (3 units) CRIS, Jazz, 5 Dime, Bet Jam, Pinny cheap juice also.

No write up, to get this out now.

Egg Yolk Soup

EOG Senior Member

Jazz game is a score fest. You think the over second half would be a good play too? And frog you should really come out with a book, Ill be your first customer.

I think the 97 2H line is a case of denial after the first half. I am really set here already and will hedge nothing. This game has a ton of easy looks, is a 2 pt game and could easily have a foul and score finish if not OT. It is supposed to be around 95-96 but they are stuck with 1/2 of game total not matching actual play. I am set but would go over 97 if I were not. Think I will just circle my prey.

If we did hedge would have a 17 point opportunity?

Very strange as CRIS opened 2H 101. Got pressured into lowering it by Grande? Not sure what the hell happened there but 101 was a lot better than 97 and change to hedge. Screw that, will they drop of scoring that much? Hope we get 81 2H. But since some will go over again I will root for triple digits 2H.

OF...:dunk

CrazyIvan

EOG Veteran

I'm on the OVER 190 with you Froggie. I'm cheering for easy baskets and fouls galore...but the 3rd Qtr has slowed down thats all.... Lets hope for OT or scoring frenzy.

Not sure what your doing here Ivan, raining on my parade or having a panic attack?

Shit this is close, score please!!!! I can't breathe.

OF...:LMAO

CrazyIvan

EOG Veteran

hahhaah funny stuff Froggie..... Hope the Blazers and Clips roll to a scorefest too...

Always good to have that bigger bird in hand first. No worries there, over with 3 minutes to spare?

OF...:houra

Always good to have that bigger bird in hand first. No worries there, over with 3 minutes to spare?

OF...:houra

Did you see the possession that took us over? Don't see that very often.

<TABLE class=tablehead cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=1><TBODY><TR class=evenrow><TD vAlign=top width=50>3:13</TD><TD vAlign=top>Richard Hamilton misses 16-foot jumper</TD><TD vAlign=top noWrap align=middle>94-95</TD><TD vAlign=top> </TD></TR><TR class=oddrow><TD vAlign=top width=50>3:08</TD><TD vAlign=top>Rasheed Wallace misses layup</TD><TD vAlign=top noWrap align=middle>94-95</TD><TD vAlign=top> </TD></TR><TR class=evenrow><TD vAlign=top width=50>3:08</TD><TD vAlign=top>Rasheed Wallace offensive rebound</TD><TD vAlign=top noWrap align=middle>94-95</TD><TD vAlign=top> </TD></TR><TR class=oddrow><TD vAlign=top width=50>3:06</TD><TD vAlign=top>Antonio McDyess misses layup</TD><TD vAlign=top noWrap align=middle>94-95</TD><TD vAlign=top> </TD></TR><TR class=evenrow><TD vAlign=top width=50>3:06</TD><TD vAlign=top>Antonio McDyess offensive rebound</TD><TD vAlign=top noWrap align=middle>94-95</TD><TD vAlign=top> </TD></TR><TR class=oddrow><TD vAlign=top width=50>3:05</TD><TD vAlign=top>Antonio McDyess misses layup</TD><TD vAlign=top noWrap align=middle>94-95</TD><TD vAlign=top> </TD></TR><TR class=evenrow><TD vAlign=top width=50>3:05</TD><TD vAlign=top>Antonio McDyess offensive rebound</TD><TD vAlign=top noWrap align=middle>94-95</TD><TD vAlign=top> </TD></TR><TR class=oddrow><TD vAlign=top width=50>3:03</TD><TD vAlign=top>Richard Hamilton misses jumper</TD><TD vAlign=top noWrap align=middle>94-95</TD><TD vAlign=top> </TD></TR><TR class=evenrow><TD vAlign=top width=50>3:03</TD><TD vAlign=top>Richard Hamilton offensive rebound</TD><TD vAlign=top noWrap align=middle>94-95</TD><TD vAlign=top> </TD></TR><TR class=oddrow><TD vAlign=top width=50>3:00</TD><TD vAlign=top>Tayshaun Prince offensive rebound</TD><TD vAlign=top noWrap align=middle>94-95</TD><TD vAlign=top> </TD></TR><TR class=evenrow><TD vAlign=top width=50>2:54</TD><TD vAlign=top>Tayshaun Prince misses layup</TD><TD vAlign=top noWrap align=middle>94-95</TD><TD vAlign=top> </TD></TR><TR class=oddrow><TD vAlign=top width=50>2:51</TD><TD vAlign=top>Antonio McDyess makes two point shot</TD><TD vAlign=top noWrap align=middle>96-95</TD><TD vAlign=top> </TD></TR><TR class=evenrow><TD vAlign=top width=50>2:51</TD><TD vAlign=top>Antonio McDyess offensive rebound</TD><TD vAlign=top noWrap align=middle>96-95</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Miss first 6, make 7th shot.

back to the ladder Frog ! A standard 6 foot ladder is something every homeowner has.. a 12 foot stepladder is something usually only a contractor owns, those open real wide. I could see having an 8-foot stepladder.

You just go from 4, right to 12, never needed the mid-range ?

:LMAO

kelp0027

EOG Dedicated

to para phrase the standard joke about how many psychiatrists does it take to change a light bulb (one; but the bulb really has to want to come out??)..>>..

frog: i think this frog identity has taken over your subconscious thinking; that a frog loves a cool damp environment; and you really wanted the shower area to be dark; so you could have a dark, moist , area to hang out and croak a few ribbetts!!!..>>

just think about it..>> the interpretation is mine; the analysis must be yours!!!

gl

:whatever:

Ha ha Ivan, very funny. Did I change my name to punkFROG or BitchFROG?

Frog - you need to inform us if there any plays today?

LOVE THAT MOVIE...TAXI DRIVER..THATS A YOUNG HARVEY KIETEL AND DENIRO...YOU TALKIN TO ME? YOU TALKIN TO ME!!!!?

PS- LOVED KIETEL IN BAD LT...HAD GAMBLING PROBLEM THAT COST HIM HIS LIFE IN THE END..-Jojo

back to the ladder Frog ! A standard 6 foot ladder is something every homeowner has.. a 12 foot stepladder is something usually only a contractor owns, those open real wide. I could see having an 8-foot stepladder.

You just go from 4, right to 12, never needed the mid-range ?

:LMAO

You are right Doug. However my entire home has the 12 foot ceiling's so the contractor's ladder was the way to go. Now I have a midrange as well. Now I am like every homeowner, yippee!

OF...:smokesmal

to para phrase the standard joke about how many psychiatrists does it take to change a light bulb (one; but the bulb really has to want to come out??)..>>..

frog: i think this frog identity has taken over your subconscious thinking; that a frog loves a cool damp environment; and you really wanted the shower area to be dark; so you could have a dark, moist , area to hang out and croak a few ribbetts!!!..>>

just think about it..>> the interpretation is mine; the analysis must be yours!!!

gl

:whatever:

Now that is deep.

OF...:+clueless

Updated record 8-5 (61.5%) +5.0 units. Winning days 4-2. Winning weeks 1-0.

Well could have done better. Lost a tick off of win%, but weighting helped with profits and winning days so I'll trade that for sure. Could have hedged but in my mind that would have been risking established value. As it was a subpar 3Q and a blocked layup that would have meant OT were the only things stopping 2H over also. So, no problem there. Clips got pedestrian first half before lack of big depth finally led to layup drill. Got notched but I might have played that angle wrong and should have gone 2H over only. Still, working the games a bit better, finally finding that comfort zone. Strangely every game went over except the last two west coasters that normally go over. Steam was good on those. Not so good on sides. Two numbers hit Orl was a dead middle and Utah which maybe 3 people got the early number. At least the sides are tightening up, totals are still a bit off. Back in a few hours.

I love this question. What I would like to stress here is there is no standard. And it is all subjective to the bettor's personal opinions. Some people will just be happy with the original play, and let it ride. Me personally, I would not half the bet under most circumstances. I might go 20%-33% depending on the opportunity or gap present. Also with the intent of what I bought when I started. I may have no opinion, and just go 100% both spots, because that was the intent going in. But normally I will buy in with the intent my original position is going to win. Then, events are out of your control. Let's say the line only moves a point? Then why bother? Also, if you buy out 50% early, it limits what you can do at the half in regards to hedging vs. middling. You may have a much better hedge opportunity than the original middle. Another factor, how tight are the lines? This early, not too good. So that even lessens the opportunity to middle. As a general rule of thumb, I buy in most of my spots with the intent of winning. If the gap is there later, I may go 20%-25% of original back for a middle. Then at the half, if the gap is again worth it, I may come back with another 20-25%. So at that point I still have at least half my position riding. This is mostly what you wanted to do coming in, and what opportunities present themselves as the line moves, then, at the half. So there really is not a standard. Even in this case you are still looking for value. Great question.

As far as games today, nothing is moving that I am afraid I will miss. Some moves have already reversed once. I will let the people play their games and just get what I want, when I want it if I think that will be the best number.

OF...:+signs8-3

We're flooding up here like nobody's business OF, new ponds popping up everywhere.

I thought I heard you croaking in the back yard this morning, "rib-BET, rib-BET"

Was my turn last year Jimmy. Real rough year rainwise, bad flooding. But since it rains everyday up there you should be accustomed to it. No, if it were me I would be knocking at your door to comeout and go make a seafood munchathon. And also side trip for some of those lox and smoked salmon. I don't miss the weather, but I sure miss the food and fishing.

OF...:Dance

Hope your OK.