VETERANS Post your branch of service.

Dante

EOG Veteran
Re: VETERANS Post your branch of service.

United States Air Force 1988-1992

Rhein mein AFB frankfrut Germany

Horseshoe

EOG Senior Member

Thank You Vets!

Former Weekend Warrior here..6 yrs National Guard('87-'93)..11B via Basic @ Fort Benning

The General

Another Day, Another Dollar

I have watched CNN ALL day and I'll tell ya what, I wish I was capable of going back.

I don't feel that I am better than these kids and I wish I could help.

It really hits home having served in the Corps during desert storm.

dirty

EOG Master

Bump for

Mo :cheers

and Thank you to every one of you :dancefool

mofome

Banned

sticky this bad boy for the day if we can. would love to see everyone who has served and Love to give thanks. This 'holiday' symbolizes more to me than any other. This one is about real people, real heros, and real men and women who made the ultimate sacrifice for all of us.

thank u!!

:cheers :cheers :cheers

The General

Another Day, Another Dollar

Just want to share a story about my grandfather in WW2. He was drafted and sent to Germany where he faught in 3 battles. At one point he was driving a jeep with a General onboard and they ran astary and got caught in the middle of the enemy. They let the jeep roll on and jumped off having found a fox hole and they both spent 3 days in that hole until somehow they were able to get away to safety. My grandfather died in 1999 and I miss him dearly. Although, my story may be nothing special it is a part of the theme here.

Semper Fi

mofome

Banned

nothing special? there is nothing about that story thats not amazing....
as is the case with most of this thread. we owe a ton to your grandpa, you pete, and some of these other guys.

:cheers

andrew748

Banned

Marine Corps Rules for Gun Fighting

The Marine Corps Birthday makes me nostalgic for the good ol’…well, maybe good is too strong a word. In fact, I can't say that I miss being on active duty; but I do miss being with my fellow Marines.
Thinking about my friends who are getting shot at by ungrateful Iraqis reminded me of this list, an old Corps favorite, on how to act in a gun fight:
1. Bring a gun. Preferably, bring at least two guns. Bring all of your friends who have guns.
2. Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive.
3. Only hits count. The only thing worse than a miss is a slow miss.
4. If your shooting stance is good, you're probably not moving fast enough nor using cover correctly.
5. Move away from your attacker. Distance is your friend. (Lateral and diagonal movement are preferred.)
6. If you can choose what to bring to a gunfight, bring a long gun and a friend with a long gun.
7. In ten years nobody will remember the details of caliber, stance, or tactics. They will only remember who lived.
8. If you are not shooting, you should be communicating, reloading, and running.
9. Accuracy is relative: most combat shooting standards will be more dependent on "pucker factor" than the inherent accuracy of the gun.
10. Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.

11. Always cheat; always win. The only unfair fight is the one you lose.
12. Have a plan.
13. Have a back-up plan, because the first one won't work.
14. Use cover or concealment as much as possible.
15. Flank your adversary when possible. Protect yours.
16. Don't drop your guard.
17. Always tactical load and threat scan 360 degrees.
18. Watch their hands. Hands kill. In God we trust. Everyone else, keep your hands where I can see them.
19. Decide to be aggressive ENOUGH, quickly ENOUGH.
20. The faster you finish the fight, the less shot you will get.
21. Be polite. Be professional. But, have a plan to kill everyone you meet.
22. Be courteous to everyone, friendly to no one.
23. Your number one option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
24. Do not attend a gunfight with a handgun, the caliber of which does not start with a "4."

Navy Rules for Gun fighting:
1. Go to Sea
2. Send the Marines
3. Drink Coffee

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

United States Navy 1977-1981 Fast attack submarines, ss qualified, shellback.

Been there, done that...

Best Wishes...OF :cheers

Apple

Banned

I'm extremely grateful to all of you.. Mean this from the bottom of my heart, God Bless you.

gynecologist