A-ROD TO THE WHITE SOX??

There are whispers around the GM meetings that the WHITE SOX may be willing to part with JOE CREDE and either MARK BUEHRLE or FREDDY GARCIA for the YANKEE third baseman!!

What do you YANKER fans think???

NickPappagiorgio

EOG Dedicated
Re: A-ROD TO THE WHITE SOX??

Oh god let it be Freddie Garcia. There is no way he can pitch in a city like New York. If The Yankees get rid of him, it will be a huge blunder. He can play on my team anyday.

Id be happy to trade Manny for A-Rod straight up.

MCP

Man whats it like to have a team willing to acquire good players who are paid.

I get stuck with an owner that acquires Roberto Hernandez, David Delluci, and Fultz and calls it contending.

Cleveland is the new KC

NickPappagiorgio

EOG Dedicated

MCP-

I feel your pain, but your owner has to try and compete with one hand tied around his back. As a fan, you want to win, as an owner he wants to make money or at least limit the amount he loses. Its no fluke that teams that have their own television networks (Yankees, Mets, Red Sox) can afford to spend more than the smaller markets out there. They have an unfair advantage, but I cant see a salary cap ever coming, especially after Fehr bent over to accept drug testing. Unfortunately, you have to hope you can be David and compete with all the Goliaths out there.

MCP

Nick... those are good points but..

The Indians have their own network (STO- sports time ohio)

Our previous owner had a payroll of 85+ million and was breaking even.. and was happy to do so to put a contender on the field

Our payroll at the end of this past season was 39 million... our scumbag owner is making sure he collects the revenue sharing checks at the end of the year.. Cleveland is at the top of the list in profit... he has made 20+ million each of the last 3 years, and never putting any of that money back into the team..

A market the same size as us.. Detroit.. has a payroll (82 million) twice the size of ours. and they just spent more on sheffield... so they are probably above 90 million now.

August West

Rambler

As a Red Sox fan all I can hope for is that ARod is a Yankee for life. They ain't winning shit with that mush on the team.

NickPappagiorgio

EOG Dedicated

MCP, sounds like you have a right to bitch and moan. Thats the problem with the revenue sharing. Teams that dont use the money for salaries should have to forfeit the money.

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

August:

funny how the Red Sox fans bitched when they found out they werent getting ARod

He is one hellva lot better all around player than Mr Dynamo in Left Field or Mr Dunking Donuts Consumer over at 1st base

Hitdogg42

EOG Dedicated

Hey DICKY DOC

I'm sure that Pap's body fat index is much better than yours, and by the way Papi and Manny ONE WS RING........AROD ZEEEERRRRROOOOOOO

Nuff Said.....

ps......Papi 1,704 walk off Hits and Hr's - AROD 2

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

Fat boy aint even the best player on the Red Sox ....

Wow ... so WS rings defines the greatness of a ballplayer??

Damn .. Ernie Banks sure did suck if that is the case as did Tony Gwynn

DOC!! I love you and you know that!! but BIG PAPI is not fat by any stretch. I stood ten feet from him at FENWAY in 2004 he had cutoffs on and he is a monster!!
MANNY is also in VERY good shape!!

DON'T LET THE BAGGY UNIFORMS FOOL YOU!!:thumbsup

DOC!! I love you and you know that!! but BIG PAPI is not fat by any stretch. I stood ten feet from him at FENWAY in 2004 he had cutoffs on and he is a monster!!
MANNY is also in VERY good shape!!

DON'T LET THE BAGGY UNIFORMS FOOL YOU!!:thumbsup

B papi is prolly the best clutch hitter i ever saw in my lifetime. Even tho i had to say it. I'd trade 75% of our team away for papi.

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

Good player no doubt ....

Like you would not swap this guy even up for ARod???

Lets get real .... For as much as folks smack ARod around he is the
best player in the game and not one team that would not love to
have him on board

MCP

A-rod is NOT the best player in the game

seattle and texas both sent him packing and new york will too eventually... so obviously not EVERYONE would love to have him

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

well we sure in the hell it aint Ortiz ...

Last 6 seasons ... ARod:

45 hrs / 131 rbis / 302 avg / 2 time MVP / 2 Gold Gloves

Last 6 seasons ... Ortiz:

35 hrs / 98 rbis / 280 avg /Zero MVP / Zero Gold Gloves

MCP

those are the only 2 players in the league ?

how many rings does the "best player in the league" have ?

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

The players folks might name better than ARod is a very short list ....

Pujols ??

Guerrero ??

The Devil

EOG Master

NUMBERS ARE GREAT IF YOU WANT AROD ON YOUR FANTASY LEAGUE TEAM.....BUT 3 HOMERS AND 11 RBI'S IN A 19-2 MAY GAME DON'T MEAN THAT MUCH.........LOOK WHAT HE DID DOWN THE STRETCH AND PLAYOFFS..........ZEROOOOOOOO.........

PLUS HE ISN'T LIKED TOO MUCH BY HIS TEAM MATES (JETER) AND THE NY FANS.........

Hitdogg42

EOG Dedicated

Doc so funny you convientley go back 6 years........3 of those years AROD played in the Coors field of the AL Arlington Stadium in Texas, and yes he hit over 50 all 3 years.........Wow, 2 of those 3 years Papi was a part time player in Minny only avg around 400 ab's.........Papi could hit around, I say, 65 in Texas........You know what, DOC im Whooping you the first time I see you, and really don't care if Montana and DA Glue like you, THEY HAVE TO, GET IT.......And I will see them Sunday, and they might catch one too if they even MENTION your silly ass name........

Love
Hitdogg

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

Hitdogg:

zip up your fly and put your little man back in his pants ...

Chubby has that short fence at Fenway and my Mom plays better defv
than his fat ass

ARod will go down in history as one of the Alltime greats and Ortiz
will be a trivia question

dirty

EOG Master

A-rod is NOT the best player in the game

seattle and texas both sent him packing and new york will too eventually... so obviously not EVERYONE would love to have him

again you show your ignorance....

ARod is the best All-Around player in the game all around...Bar none

Bar none... Chamionships are not a part of that equation.

The second best player is Andrew Jones.....

Can a superstar Like Gayrod bring you a Championship>>>>NO....Can Pitching with GayRod Bring you a Championship...HELL YES....:+whipping Please Grab a Brain Before you Respond :whatever:

MCP

Devil... grab a brain and stop showing your ignorance

Dirty has spoken.

Andruw Jones 2nd best player.. LOL

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

agree w/Dirty ...

name a better all around player right now ...

ARod has been an MVP/ gold glover and puts up numbers year in and year
out that few can match

Funny how the Red Sox fans trash him but were pissed off when they
found he was not coming to Beantown

agree w/Dirty ...

name a better all around player right now ...

ARod has been an MVP/ gold glover and puts up numbers year in and year
out that few can match

Funny how the Red Sox fans trash him but were pissed off when they
found he was not coming to Beantown

DOC

DIRTY may be right!! AROD may have more talent than anyone in baseball and yes the SOX fans would have welcomed AROD in 2004.
But I for one am glad that the deal wasn't done!!

Encase you forgot the RED SOX went on to win the world series that year!!

I would take 10 players over AROD, because he can't proform in a city that has a passion for their team!!

He would do great in ARIZONA!!

TEN PLAYERS THAT I WOULD WANT FOR THE SOX OVER A-ROD!!
1. ALBERT
2. A.JONES
3. JETER
4. SIZEMORE
5. BELTRAN
6. VLAD
7. V WELLS
8. M YOUNG
9. WRIGHT
10. MAUER

THESE PLAYERS HAVE ALOT MORE HEART

He gets his feelings hurt and by all accounts he can't get along with his team mates!

NickPappagiorgio

EOG Dedicated

Dirty I was with ya, A-Rod is the best non-pitcher in the game. But then you lost me with Andrew Jones. Second? Any chance you being from GA can have anything to do with this opinion? Andrew Jones does less with his talent than any other player.

As a Red Sox fan I will say this, Alex Rodriguez can play on my team anyday. He is a better all around player than anybody on the Red Sox. Anybody. While we have a few sluggers on the team, no one has a coimbination of power and fielding as ARod.

As for those that want Papi, for the right price, he is available. The most valuable player for us is Jason Varitek. Just look at the downfall once he got injured last year. He is the heart and soul of that team.

dirty

EOG Master

Dirty I was with ya, A-Rod is the best non-pitcher in the game. But then you lost me with Andrew Jones. Second? Any chance you being from GA can have anything to do with this opinion? Andrew Jones does less with his talent than any other player.

As a Red Sox fan I will say this, Alex Rodriguez can play on my team anyday. He is a better all around player than anybody on the Red Sox. Anybody. While we have a few sluggers on the team, no one has a coimbination of power and fielding as ARod.

As for those that want Papi, for the right price, he is available. The most valuable player for us is Jason Varitek. Just look at the downfall once he got injured last year. He is the heart and soul of that team.

Andruw saves at least 50 runs a year with his defense....is only 29 with 10 gold gloves and is a lock to hit .280 with 30+ HRs and drive in 100 runs every year... He hit 52 2 years ago and is more inclined to hit 40+ for the next few years as he just reached the prime of his career. And yes My being from GA has some to do with it because unless you watch this cat play every day, or get to see him at the TED in person, you don't appreciate his defensive ability...This guy plays so shallow it is not even funny and Makes routine catches that most OF's can't even get to. Seeing him in person makes you realize exactly what you are seeing on defense. He makes a diving catch at least Once a week it seems like...:cheers

Hitdogg42

EOG Dedicated

WOW, Dirty I really hate to say this but you saying 50 runs per year is the most LUDA LUDA, LUDICRIS, from the Dirty South that I have ever heard...If he saved 50 runs per year, that would mean that mean JUST his D would win 30 games per year.....

Diamond Mind Baseball is a Simulation Game that I have been playing for over 8 years now, and they rate every player in baseball Range at their current position...DMB is by the far the leader in baseball SIMS, and yes they tape and watch every play in baseball for the past season......Range goes EX-VG-AV-FR-PR, and they rank each player......Guess what, your main Man Andrew Strip Club Jones rating over the last 2 seasons has been VG, not even EX....That says a ton..Yes for about five years Jones was EX, but over the years DMB claims that Jones has become lazy and just dosent get the jump that he was getting in the past........Go to the DMB, they have some great atricles, and Bill James Handbook is off the hook for baseball fans as well....

Hitdogg