NBA News/NBA Player News 12/8/06

Hache Man

"Seven Days Without Gambling Makes One Weak"
Just Another Week?
The next week is formally crunch-time in fantasy football. It's almost the time to crown the champ of the league - the playoffs are finally here. In fantasy hoops, however, it's just another week, but is it?

How many fantasy leagues are decided by just one game though? How many times do teams finish just one game behind of the final playoff team? or just the tie-breaker away from making the postseason? </EM>

As a four-year employee of CBS.Sportsline.com, I can tell honestly tell you, most leagues are decided by meager points. Most teams are left on the outside, looking in. The majority league are determined by a few meager points? Forget wins and losses, every week counts?

That said, it's imperative to set your best possible lineup every week, and week seven is no different. This period, there are 23 teams that play four times, while just one team, the Timberwolves, play only twice. Every single week counts the same and it's crucial you set your best possible lineup each time with no exceptions. This period, guys like Allen Iverson, Ron Artest and Ray Allen ? among others ? find themselves dealing with personal injuries, while others like Marvin Williams, Wally Szczerbiak and Larry Hughes are set to return in the next game or two.

This edition of The Week Ahead will break down each team's schedule, injury new and some valuable insight to help you set your best possible lineup for week seven.

[SIZE=+1]Game Totals in Week 6: [/SIZE]
Five games: none
Four games: ATL, BOS, CHI, CLE, DAL, DEN, GS, HOU, IND, LAC, LAL, MEM, MIA, MIL, NJ, NY, ORL, PHI, PHO, SA, SEA, TOR, UTA
Three games: CHA, DET, NO, POR, SAC, WAS
Two games: MIN

[SIZE=+1]Interesting Matchups: [/SIZE]
Monday, December 11 - Dallas @ Utah: Two of the elite teams in the West face off Monday. The Mavericks just snapped a 12-game win streak, while Utah has the overall best record in the NBA (15-4).

Phoenix @ Orlando: The Suns are currently the hottest team in the league with a seven-game winning streak and Amare Stoudemire has a double-double in each of the those victories. He'll match up with Dwight Howard down low as the Magic are quietly the No. 1 seed in the East.

Tuesday, December 12 - L.A. Lakers @ Houston: Defending scoring champion Kobe Bryant, Lamar Odom and the Lakers travel to Houston to take on two-time scoring leader Tracy McGrady, Yao Ming and Rockets this Tuesday. Both teams have a respectable 12-6 record heading into Friday's action.

Thursday, December 14 - Orlando @ Charlotte: In the 2004 NBA Draft, Dwight Howard and Emeka Okafor were the top two selections. Later that season, they also finished No. 1 and 2 in Rookie of the Year voting with Okafor landing the honors. This season, each player is having a breakout campaign ? Howard leads the NBA in rebounding (13.2 RPG) and Okafor leads the league in blocks (3.1 BPG).

Saturday, December 16 - Detroit @ New Jersey: Two of the best quartets in the game go toe-to-toe Saturday in the Garden State as Chauncey Billups, Richard Hamilton, Tayshaun Prince and Rasheed Wallace oppose Jason Kidd, Vince Carter, Richard Jefferson and Nenad Krstic. Before Miami won it all last season, the two teams had won four consecutive Eastern Conference titles.

[SIZE=+1]Team-by-Team Injuries: [/SIZE]
Atlanta Hawks DEN, @ny, @mem, CHI
Josh Childress (foot) ? Might be out until January
Speedy Claxton (knee) ? day-to-day
Zaza Pachulia (suspension) ? Return Fri Dec. 8
Marvin Williams (finger) ? Return mid-December
Williams has been cleared to return to active duty on Friday. He's missed the entire season thus far after breaking his finger late in the preseason. In the exhibition season, the 20-year-old was averaging a respectable 11.4 PPG before going down.

Boston Celtics @ny, @phi, DEN, @cha
Theo Ratliff (back) ? out indefinitely
Kendrick Perkins (foot) ? Return mid-January
Wally Szczerbiak (ankle) ? day-to-day, coach Rivers said he's doubtful for FRI
Michael Olowokandi (abdomen) ? Return late December
Coach Doc Rivers plans on using Gerald Green more in the rotation again for the Celtics. He came through with 17 points in the fourth quarter on Wednesday against Memphis and has clearly earned the extra playing time. With Kendrick Perkins out a few weeks, expect to see Al Jefferson more at the center position with Green getting some minutes at both forward spots. ?Delonte West looks primed to take over the starting point guard job from Sebastian Telfair, who has been struggling of late.

Charlotte Bobcats @cle, ORL, BOS
Matt Carroll (elbow) ? out until mid-December

Chicago Bulls IND, SEA, MIL, @atl
Adrian Griffin (calf) ? day-to-day
Andres Nocioni, who is averaging 22.3 PPG in his past four contests, had an MRI on his hip injury and it revealed some minor inflammation. He is not expected to miss any time, but was visibly limited last game. With four contests slated for the next period, he's still a quality start.

Cleveland Cavaliers @no, CHA, SEA, @orl
Larry Hughes (leg) ? out indefinitely

Dallas Mavericks @uta, LAL, PHI, @no

Denver Nuggets @atl, @was, @bos, @ny
Nene (knee) ? out indefinitely
Kenyon Martin (knee) ? Out for the season
Joe Smith (ankle) ? day-to-day, hopes to return Friday

Detroit Pistons @ind, @nj, SEA
Lindsey Hunter (Achilles') ? status uncertain

Golden St. Warriors SAC, HOU, @pho, @tor
Ike Diogu (ankle) ? out indefinitely
Jason Richardson (knee) ? day-to-day
Zarko Cabarkapa (back) ? out indefinitely

Houston Rockets LAL, @gs, @lal, @lac
Bonzi Wells (personal) ? out indefinitely
Kirk Snyder (hand) ? out until February
Bob Sura (knee surgery) ? out indefinitely

Indiana Pacers @chi, DET, NY, UTA
David Harrison (shoulder) ? Return early December
After being plagued by injuries most of the past few seasons, Jamaal Tinsley is averaging a respectable 13.6 PPG and 6.4 APG in his past eight contests. He missed exactly half of the Pacers games the previous two seasons, so use with caution. With four contests, he should make a strong No. 3 guard.

L.A. Clippers SA, UTA, @por, HOU
Zeljko Rebraca (back) ? out indefinitely

L.A. Lakers @hou, @dal, HOU, WAS
Aaron McKie (back) ? day-to-day
Chris Mihm (ankle) ? out for the season

Memphis Grizzlies @nj, POR, ATL, @mia
Kyle Lowry (broken wrist) ? out indefinitely
Eddie Jones (Achilles') ? day-to-day
Pau Gasol (foot) ? Might return Dec. 23

Miami Heat TOR, PHO, @was, MEM
Shaquille O'Neal (knee) ? Return early January
Wayne Simien (flu) ? out indefinitely

Milwaukee Bucks SEA, @nj, @chi, MIN
Charlie Villanueva (elbow) ? might return Friday Dec 8 vs. MEM
Bobby Simmons (heel) ? might be out for the season
Simmons will undergo the first of two surgical procedures on his right foot on December 18 and a second operation a few weeks later. There is a chance that the surgeries could keep him sidelined for the remainder of the season, but an exact timetable has not been established at this time. ? Charlie Bell has picked up his scoring since being added to the starting lineup. At 6'3", he's scoring 15.1 PPG in his past seven contests with 14 3-pointers. Coach Terry Stotts said he could switch to Ersan Ilyasova sometime in the near future though for matchup purposes.

Minnesota Timberwolves @sa, @mil
Rashad McCants (knee surgery) ? out indefinitely
Mark Madsen (shoulder) ? out indefinitely

NOK Hornets CLE, SA, DAL
David West (elbow) ? out until mid-December
Peja Stojakovic (back) ? day-to-day
Bobby Jackson (ribs) ? Return late December

New Jersey Nets MEM, MIL, @tor, DET
Clifford Robinson (knee) ? out indefinitely
Antoine Wright (shoulder) ? day-to-day

New York Knicks BOS, ATL, @ind, DEN
Jared Jeffries (wrist) ? Return in December
Channing Frye (ankle) ? Out until late December
When Jeffries returns to action next week, coach Isiah Thomas has said that David Lee will return to his reserve role as Jeffries joins the starting-five. The second-year hustle player has been spectacular recently, registering five double-doubles in his past 10 contests. His minutes won't likely take a huge hit, at least initially, so consider him a decent No. 3 forward for the upcoming week. ? Eddy Curry has eight straight games with at least 20 points now, a new career record. What's even more impressive for Curry, is he's averaging 9.0 RPG and shooting 59 percent (70-for-118) from the floor.

Orlando Magic PHO, TOR, @cha, CLE

Philadelphia 76ers POR, BOS, @dal, @sa
Allen Iverson (back spasms) ? day-to-day, left Wednesday's contest
Shavlik Randolph (ankle) ? Out indefinitely
Kyle Korver (ankle) returned from a two-game absence Wednesday with 13 points on 6-for-9 shooting. With four games slated, get the sharpshooter back in your starting lineups.

Phoenix Suns @orl, @mia, GS, @sac

Portland Trailblazers @phi, @mem, LAC
Brandon Roy (heel) ? might practice Dec. 16
Darius Miles (knee surgery) ? out for the season
Jarrett Jack erupted for a career-high 30 points on Wednesday night to go along with 10 assists against the Bucks. Since being awarded the starting point guard job with Sebastian Telfair in Boston, the second-year player is averaging a respectable 13.6 PPG, 6.2 APG and 1.4 SPG on the year. With three games next week, he should make a decent No. 3 guard option. ? Be sure to monitor the health of Zach Randolph this weekend. He left Tuesday's contest after injuring his surgically repaired knee early on, but was able to return later in the contest and posted a strong line of 31 points and 13 rebounds. It was the 12th time he posted 20 and 10 in the same game.

Sacramento Kings @gs, @uta, PHO
Maurice Taylor (suspension) ? Return late December
Ron Artest (back) ? day-to-day

San Antonio Spurs @lac, MIN, @no, PHI

Seattle Sonics @mil, @chi, @cle, @det
Ray Allen (foot) ? day-to-day
Johan Petro (-) ? status uncertain
Danny Fortson (knee) ? day-to-day
Robert Swift (knee) ? out for the season
An MRI on Allen's right ankle revealed a contusion and his status has yet to be determined for Friday's game. He missed last game and could be limited on the Sonics upcoming East coast road trip. Keep monitoring his health over the weekend before starting him for week seven.

Toronto Raptors @mia, @orl, NJ, GS
Morris Peterson (elbow) ? day-to-day

Utah Jazz DAL, @lac, SAC, @ind

Washington Wizards DEN, MIA, @lal
Darius Songaila (back) ? Return January
Michael Ruffin (foot) ? out until mid-December

Hache Man

Re: NBA News/NBA Player News 12/8/06

Jesus Shuttlesworth goes down
Injuries are everywhere right now, as Steve Francis and Ray Allen will miss some time, while Allen Iverson (back) and Chris Webber (foot) are possibly going to be sidelined tonight. Damien Wilkins looks like an excellent short-term pickup right now, and it's possible the Francis injury will shake Stephon Marbury out of his funk.

Atlanta Hawks

Marvin Williams (hand) is set to make his season debut on Friday night, but it's unknown exactly what his role will be initially. Expect a slow start from him, as it will likely take him 10 days or so to get back into game form. The good news is that Mike Woodson is begging someone other than Joe Johnson or Tyronn Lue to score for the Hawks, so Marvin could be the answer. The Hawks are at the Lakers at 10:30 tonight, so you know what I'll be doing for those three hours. I'll try to avoid jinxing Josh Smith and Marvin by leaving their jerseys on the wall tonight, but I'll have to have my assistant hold all my calls.

Boston Celtics

Wally Szczerbiak is listed as questionable to doubtful for his next three games, so Delonte West, Tony Allen and Gerald Green are all going to see an increase in minutes if his ankle injury keeps him out. Green is a popular pickup right now and I think it makes sense. Just don't expect too much from him unless Doc decides to give him 30 minutes per game - Which I don't see happening right now.

Cleveland Cavaliers

Larry Hughes is questionable for Saturday with his ankle injury. When he returns, Mike Brown may not start him right away, so Daniel Gibson could have some value for another game or two. And even though I now consider Drew Gooden's mom a friend, I have no idea why he's struggling so much with inconsistency this season. Maybe he'll be better when Larry returns.

Dallas Mavericks

Devin Harris and Jerry Stackhouse were a combined 0-of-10 and scored one point in last night's loss to the Pistons. Harris was a popular start this week in weekly leagues, but he just couldn't get it going last night. Hopefully he bounces back for Saturday's date with Denver.

Denver Nuggets

Nene could play tonight after missing 12 games with a knee injury. Then again, he may not. Either way, I don't see him having value until after the first of the year, but his knee could be troublesome all season long. I've mentioned it a million times, but I still have no idea what the Nuggets were thinking giving him that huge contract when they knew the knee was going to be an issue.

Detroit Pistons

Chauncey Billups injured his hamstring last night and is questionable Dwight Howard's birthday part tonight. He was slowed by the injury in last night's win, but it doesn't sound like it should keep him out tonight against the Magic. Then again, he's realistically going to be a game-time decision.

Golden St. Warriors

Jason Richardson is going to miss at least the next three games with a bone bruise in his surgically repaired knee, which means the earliest we'll see him is Thursday against the Rockets. He won't be cleared to practice until he gets examined on Tuesday, so stay tuned. Anthony Roberson, who started in his last game, has a dislocated finger on his shooting hand, making him questionable for Saturday and Sunday. Maybe that will restore some "normalcy" in Warriorland and get Troy Murphy back into the starting five. Then again, maybe Nellie will shock the world and decide that Adonal Foyle needs more minutes.

Indiana Pacers

Jermaine O'Neal missed practice yesterday with his sore hamstring but is expected to go tonight. I own Kevin Garnett and Jeff Foster in the same league where games played matters. KG plays two next week, while Foster goes four times. As much as I want to play Foster over KG, I'm not doing it. Check out Foster's inconsistency over his last seven games. 0 points and 6 rebounds, 3 and 5, 11 and 10, 2 and 2, 8 and 18, 4 and 3, 8 and 18. If I had Nenad Krstic going four times, it would be a no-brainer, but you don't bench KG unless you've got a sure thing to replace him with.

L.A. Clippers

I'm getting a lot of emails about Shaun Livingston, but honestly, I've not been this confused by a player in a long time. There's a lack of communication out of L.A. about him, so it's really hard to tell if he's now the full-time starter or not. It sure looks like he is, but Sam Cassell is still bothered by an ankle injury. Livingston should (again) be picked up and put on fantasy benches until we see what happens here. And in case you didn't get the memo, Elton Brand is back! The Clippers are at San Antonio tonight for a classic Brand vs. Tim Duncan matchup, both of which I have starting in League Freak. You now know what I'll be doing from 8 p.m. until 1 a.m. on a Friday night. Ouch.

L.A. Lakers

Kobe Bryant (ankle) is technically questionable for tonight's game against the Hawks, but I don't see how he sits out, especially given the fact the Lakers were beaten badly by the Hornets in their last game. The news out of L.A. this morning is that Ronny Turiaf could start at center, as Phil Jackson wasn't happy with Kwame Brown and Andrew Bynum's defense against the Hornets. I'm not going to recommend that Turiaf be picked up, but I suspect this move (if Phil follows through with the threat) should wake Kwame up.

Miami Heat

Did you watch the Heat beat the Kings in OT last night? Dwyane Wade was money, as usual, with a near triple-double, but I've never seen someone beat up their body as much as he does night in and night out. I'm wondering if "Flash" should be changed to "Crash?" I'm sure Gerald Wallace would give up the nickname, as everyone has forgotten about him anyway. If you're still holding Dorell Wright, it may be time to look elsewhere for help after last night's 0-of-1, 0-point night. After a hot start, he's down to averaging four points and seven boards over his last five.

Speaking of Wallace, I was offered him in exchange for Leandro Barbosa in League Freak, but I can't do it. I already have Andre Iguodala and Caron Butler, and Barbosa is killing Wallace thus far. However, I am intrigued by the deal because Wallace plays four games per week in six straight starting with Week 12 (if you don't count the All-Star break). If Wallace gets it going soon, I'm going to wish I did that deal, and I still might if Wallace continues to improve.

Milwaukee Bucks

Charlie Villanueva is set to return from a 10-game absence with an elbow injury tonight, albeit off the bench. I don't know how long he'll come off the bench, but Terry Stotts likes his current starting five, with Mo Williams and Charlie Bell in the backcourt, and Michael Redd, Ruben Patterson and Andrew Bogut up front. Whatever it takes to keep Bell in the starting five, I'm ok with. It's old news, but don't expect to see Bobby Simmons take the court this season, as he'll have a pair of surgeries on his heel.

Minnesota Timberwolves

Not that it means much in the fantasy world, but the Timberwolves are calling Mark Madsen day-to-day with a dislocated shoulder as they await the results of an MRI today. And don't look now, but Mike James is starting to play better, averaging close to 19 points and five assists over his last three games.

NOK Hornets

There's still no return date in mind for Peja Stojakovic and David West, although it sounds like Peja is closer than West. Rasual Butler, Desmond Mason and Jannero Pargo are decent short-term pickups right now. Especially Butler, who's averaging almost 23 points and more than three treys per game over his last three.

New Jersey Nets

Jason Kidd tied Wilt Chamberlain for third on the all-time triple-double list with his 78th last night, going for 38 points, 14 boards and 14 assists in one of the greatest head-to-head point guard battles of all time. Steve Nash finished with a career-high 42 points and added 13 assists in a double-overtime thriller that featured a ridiculous final score of 161-157, for a total of 318 points. I had a comfortable lead in League Freak, but am now tied 4-4 after Nash, Raja Bell and Amare Stoudemire all went nuts on me.

New York Knicks

News broke this morning that Steve Francis is probably going to be out a week due to right knee tendinitis. The news prompted me to pick Stephon Marbury back up in a couple leagues, as I'm hopeful that getting Francis out of the way means better numbers for Marbury. We'll see, but I'm not holding my breath. Jared Jeffries is due back soon, and the injury to Francis will relieve Isiah of making the decision to bench him. Jamal Crawford should be more consistent without Francis around, while Nate Robinson could see some extra run as well.

And I've said it before, but it bears repeating. Yes, Jeffries will have a little value as a starter for the Knicks, but he's still Jared Jeffries. I am certainly not rushing to pick him up.

Orlando Magic

Dwight Howard will celebrate his 21st birthday tonight against the Pistons, and should be in for a big game. Keyon Dooling is expected to return from back spasms, but chances are, you didn't even know he was missing in action.

Philadelphia 76ers

Allen Iverson (back) and Chris Webber (foot) are questionable for tonight's matchup with the Wizards after missing yesterday's practice. Iverson says he's hurting and Webber has been diagnosed with a bruised right foot. Willie Green, Kevin Ollie and Steven Hunter should all see an increase in minutes if they're out, while Andre Iguodala could go triple-double if Iverson is on the bench. I don't have a feel for whether AI or CWebb will play, but I'd be surprised if they were both in the starting lineup tonight.

And there's late breaking news from the New York Post's Peter Vescey that Allen Iverson went to GM Billy King and demanded a trade on Tuesday. According to two NBA GMs, the Sixers are aggressively trying to move Iverson, but other Sixers may be traded as well. Iverson's salary (currently $17.1 million with $19M and $20.8M remaining) won't make it easy to move him and Andre Iguodala or Samuel Dalembert could also be included in a deal. We're hearing from NBCSports.com's Frank Isola that Denver is the early leader for his services, while Chris Webber is also reportedly being shopped by the team. Isola also says that Webber and his contract would likely have to be included in an Iverson trade. Stay tuned.

Phoenix Suns

All you have to do is look at last night's boxscore to know how the Suns looked last night. Boris Diaw was the biggest surprise, going for 16 points and out-dishing Nash with 14 dimes. Maybe this was the game he needed to get his season kick started. I'm holding him on my bench in several leagues, but may start him next week with four games. I'll see how he does at Boston tonight before making that decision though.

Portland Trailblazers

I received an email yesterday claiming to have inside info that the Blazers are trying to move Jamaal Magloire and have plans to return LaMarcus Aldridge to the starting lineup, bringing Joel Przybilla off the bench. The source went onto say that the Blazers still think LA can win rookie of the year, and while I'm not a big fan of spreading rumors like this, it all seems to make a lot of sense. Nate McMillan was mad at Zach Randolph for arguing, getting a technical foul and not getting back on defense in his last game, but Nate's been mad at him before without punishing him. Therefore, I expect Zach to remain in the starting lineup and still get the majority of touches for the Blazers. And keep your eye on Martell Webster. He's inconsistent, but is back in the starting lineup and may have some value until Brandon Roy returns (hopefully next week).

Sacramento Kings

The Kings suffered a tough overtime loss at home to the Heat last night as the struggles of Kevin Martin continue. He was just 3-of-15 last night and is struggling against the constant double teams that are being thrown at him. Ron Artest returned from a 3-game absence with a back injury and had 15 points, two steals and two threes, but still looks a little gimpy. Brad Miller returned to the starting lineup and had 15 points and eight boards, so go ahead and get him back in your fantasy lineup if you need him. Kenny Thomas started at power forward, with Shareef Abdur-Rahim coming off the bench. Thomas had nine points, 12 boards and a block, and looks like a great pickup right now if you need a big man. SAR had just two points and five boards, so if you own him, think about dropping him for Thomas is you can.

Seattle Sonics

Ray Allen is going to miss at least seven games with an ankle injury, so Damien Wilkins is a nice short-term pickup. He is very playable in weeklies with four games in Week 7, and if you own Allen, Wilkins should be picked up immediately as an insurance policy.

Hache Man

<TABLE width="100%" align=center><TBODY><TR><TD class=vaLabel vAlign=top align=middle width=100 rowSpan=5> </TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD class=subHead vAlign=top colSpan=3>Francis out indefinitely with knee injury </TD><!--<td rowspan=50 width=200 valign=top>

</td> --></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD class=vaLabel colSpan=3>Steve Francis - G - NY - Dec. 8 - 10:28 a.m. ET</B> </TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top colSpan=3>Steve Francis didn't practice Thursday due to right knee tendinitis, and a team spokesman said he would probably miss Saturday's game against the Bucks at the Garden, and be out for a week.
"It's been going on for a while," Francis said. "But after (Wednesday) night, I really couldn't even move. A lot of people noticed it." We're going to call him out indefinitely, and the injury comes at a convenient time for Isiah Thomas, who was probably going to have to bench Francis next week anyway with the impending return of Jared Jeffries. Jamal Crawford and Nate Robinson will absorb most of Francis' minutes in the meantime. Dec. 8 - 10:28 a.m. ET
Source: New York Post
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Hache Man

<TABLE width="100%" align=center><TBODY><TR><TD class=vaLabel vAlign=top align=middle width=100 rowSpan=5> </TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD class=subHead vAlign=top colSpan=3>Iverson demands trade, will miss Friday's game </TD><!--<td rowspan=50 width=200 valign=top>

</td> --></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD class=vaLabel colSpan=3>Allen Iverson - G - PHI - Dec. 8 - 1:11 p.m. ET</B> </TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top colSpan=3>Peter Vescey reports in Friday's New York Post that Allen Iverson went to GM Billy King on Tuesday and demanded a trade. Iverson has also been ruled out for Friday's game with a back injury.
According to two NBA GMs, the Sixers are aggressively trying to move Iverson, but other Sixers may be traded as well. Iverson's salary (currently $17.1 million with $19M and $20.8M remaining) won't make it easy to move him and Andre Iguodala or Samuel Dalembert could also be included in a deal. We're hearing from NBCSports.com's Frank Isola that Denver is the early leader for his services, while Chris Webber is also reportedly being shopped by the team, and his contract may have to be included in an Iverson trade. With the trade rumors and his latest injury, it's possible that Iverson has played his last game for the Sixers.Dec. 8 - 1:11 p.m. ET
Source: New York Post

Hache Man

<TABLE width="100%" align=center><TBODY><TR><TD class=vaLabel vAlign=top align=middle width=100 rowSpan=5> </TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD class=subHead vAlign=top colSpan=3>Webber questionable with foot injury </TD><!--<td rowspan=50 width=200 valign=top>

</td> --></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD class=vaLabel colSpan=3>Chris Webber - F - PHI - Dec. 8 - 10:43 a.m. ET</B> </TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top colSpan=3>Chris Webber will be a game-time decision on Friday against the Wizards with a right foot bruise.
Webber complained in Chicago about soreness at the bottom of his right foot. X-rays were taken at the Bulls game, and they came back negative. The injury is being termed a foot bruise and if he can't go tonight, look for Steven Hunter to replace him in the starting five. Dec. 8 - 10:43 a.m. ET
Source: Philadelphia Inquirer

Hache Man

<TABLE width="100%" align=center><TBODY><TR><TD class=vaLabel vAlign=top align=middle width=100 rowSpan=5> </TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD class=subHead vAlign=top colSpan=3>Szczerbiak out Friday, doubtful for next 2 </TD><!--<td rowspan=50 width=200 valign=top>

</td> --></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD class=vaLabel colSpan=3>Wally Szczerbiak - G/F - BOS - Dec. 8 - 2:14 p.m. ET</B> </TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top colSpan=3>Wally Szczerbiak (ankle) has been ruled out for Friday's game and it sounds like he probably won't play on Saturday or Monday either.
Szczerbiak has a sprained ankle that has to be classified as severe at this point. Tony Allen, Delonte West and Gerald Green will all see enough minutes to possibly have short-term value until Wally returns.Dec. 8 - 2:14 p.m. ET
Source: Boston Globe

Hache Man

<TABLE width="100%" align=center><TBODY><TR><TD class=vaLabel vAlign=top align=middle width=100 rowSpan=5> </TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD class=subHead vAlign=top colSpan=3>Ray Allen out at least 7 more games </TD><!--<td rowspan=50 width=200 valign=top>

</td> --></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD class=vaLabel colSpan=3>Ray Allen - G - SEA - Dec. 7 - 10:42 p.m. ET</B> </TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top colSpan=3>Guard Ray Allen will miss at least the next seven games for the Sonics because of a bone bruise in his right ankle.
The Sonics said Thursday that Allen has a contusion of the talus bone in his right ankle. He missed Wednesday's home game against the Hawks and will miss the next two games in Seattle as well. He will then stay home as the Sonics embark on a 5-game road trip, meaning the earliest we'll see him on the court would be against Dallas on Dec. 20. Let's hope he's ready to go for that one.Dec. 7 - 10:42 p.m. ET

Hache Man

<TABLE width="100%" align=center><TBODY><TR><TD class=vaLabel vAlign=top align=middle width=100 rowSpan=5> </TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD class=subHead vAlign=top colSpan=3>Billups iffy with hamstring injury </TD><!--<td rowspan=50 width=200 valign=top>

</td> --></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD class=vaLabel colSpan=3>Chauncey Billups - G - DET - Dec. 8 - 9:34 a.m. ET</B> </TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top colSpan=3>Chauncey Billups was bothered by a hamstring injury Thursday night in Dallas and may be limited by it on Friday.
"I couldn't move," he said of the final moments of Friday's win over the Mavericks. "I just couldn't move. Shot clock was running down, and I couldn't get by." If the pain doesn't subside and he can't go, Will Blalock and Flip Murray will take over the point-guard duties for Detroit. But the injury isn't believed to be too serious, so we'd be surprised if he wasn't in the starting lineup. Dec. 8 - 9:34 a.m. ET
Source: Detroit News