aiverson to be a rocket man..!!

Re: aiverson to be a rocket man..!!

He maybe a good player....But that doesn't change the fact that he his a Thugg through and through.....

Bucsfan67

EOG Master

that would seem like an unstoppable trio, if they can stay healthy and pull the trade off...

Put Yao, Tracy and Iverson on one side.....

Yikes....:+paraanoid

kelp0027

EOG Dedicated

..yao and iverson..>>

talk about two guys from distinctly different cultures!!!!

lol

"only in america..!!"

:doh1 :whatever:

He will end up in Boston or Denver was looking like Minnesota but their owner has said it wont work money wise

Green resume pursuit of Iverson
By Steve Bulpett/ Celtics Notebook
Boston Herald Sports Reporter

Saturday, December 9, 2006 - Updated: 12:56 AM EST

The Celtics are very much back in the hunt for Allen Iverson. According to league sources, the Celts were on the phone to the 76ers as soon as they learned that Iverson and Philadelphia had reached a point of no return.

The Sixers kept Iverson out of last night’s game against Washington, and team chairman Ed Snider said he would be traded. Sources say Philly president Billy King is well aware of the Celtics’ interest in finding a deal that works for both sides.

Danny Ainge had no word on a possible trade last night, saying, “I don’t comment on trade rumors.”

But it was known that the Celts had spoken to Philadelphia management about what they had to offer for Iverson.

The Celts believed they were close to a deal for Iverson this past summer, but the best of those scenarios included Utah, which now has the best record in the NBA and would likely be loath to upset what it has going.

Count Paul Pierce in favor of getting Iverson.

“Sure. Why not?” he said before a 116-111 loss to Phoenix. “I think we can mesh well together. Any time you have two guys of that caliber of play and they play together, things would work out. They’d find a way.

“It would definitely provide some excitement to get a caliber of player like Allen Iverson. Who would want to turn that down? I think it would be a thing about respect. You’ve got two All-Stars on one team, and it would be a respect factor. I have a lot of respect for his game, and I’m sure he has a lot of respect over the years going against each other.”

Looking at the Iverson situation overall, Pierce said, “I think eventually something will happen. I think he’s a great player and he deserves better.”

Some may believe Pierce deserves to play on a winning team, but don’t look for him to ask out of Boston - as Iverson evidently has asked out of Philadelphia.

“I think we’re in two different situations,” Pierce said. “Philly has really tried to rebuild around Allen Iverson with the (Chris) Webber trade, focusing on that duo. And they see that it really didn’t work out; whereas us, we’re focusing on helping our younger guys grow. It’s totally two different scenarios - the patience of a young team compared to a team that’s probably already peaked.”

Celtics coach Doc Rivers on the Iverson rumors: “He’s not on our team. I have no reaction.”

Last edited:

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

Identity:

You can have him ... too much baggage comes with this guy

soli

EOG Dedicated

If he goes to Houston i'm counting on them going to the finals..

GKNY

EOG Enthusiast

What are you talking about? They have absolutely nothing to offer for AI, they don't have the young talent, or the expiring contracts that they want. The Celtics trade I heard about is the most likely one, with Jefferson West and Telfair as the young players going to Philly with Ratliff's expiring contract to make the trade salary wise work.

GKNY

EOG Enthusiast

He'll be in Dallas by the weekend

If they don't give up Devin Harris it's not happening, and Cuban has stated that he won't trade Harris, so forget about it, hey Mark if you want to get something good you have to give up something good, and Devin alone still wouldn't be enough to net Iverson. Obviously they would have to add in contracts to make it work, but I think Mavs need to add in another young player such as Diop or something.

Reno Paul

EOG Dedicated

Some scuttlebut on Sacramento radio about trading Iverson for Mike Bibby and Brad Miller. No fricking way Artest and Iverson could co-exist on the floor together. Just trying to start some shit around here. I wouldn't want that ball-hogging thug on the Kings.

GKNY

EOG Enthusiast

Some scuttlebut on Sacramento radio about trading Iverson for Mike Bibby and Brad Miller. No fricking way Artest and Iverson could co-exist on the floor together. Just trying to start some shit around here. I wouldn't want that ball-hogging thug on the Kings.

You guys have a good nucleus, with Artest and Martin and the vet Bibby. But still missing some pieces before you can legitimately contend for a championship, they need a dominate big man like when they had Webber when he was actually good.

If you could trade Bibby and Miller for a solid big, then you should do it. You know JO would look solid on that team, but I don't think you have the pieces to make it work without giving up K-Mart.

A trade to Houston would make the Rockets worse. They finally have TMac playing some D and they have the best D in the league. With Iverson they will have two guys who don't D up all that well and their winning formula will be shot. I wouldn't be surprised if they try to outscore people like the last few years and fail horribly at it once again. Unless they can convince Iverson to play great D I don't see that trade helping them at all.

A trade to Houston would make the Rockets worse. They finally have TMac playing some D and they have the best D in the league. With Iverson they will have two guys who don't D up all that well and their winning formula will be shot. I wouldn't be surprised if they try to outscore people like the last few years and fail horribly at it once again. Unless they can convince Iverson to play great D I don't see that trade helping them at all.

Um, AI is 1st in the eastern conference in steals per game how is that not playing d?

GKNY

EOG Enthusiast

If they could get Iverson for the scraps they have other then the big 2 and team him up with T-Mac and Yao, you would have to insane not to like it. Yes, I know about the D situation, but when you have the chance to put three superior players on the floor all together, you need to make it happen, but it's a dream anyways because other then T-Mac and Yao the Rockets have nothing to offer.

GKNY

EOG Enthusiast

Um, AI is 1st in the eastern conference in steals per game how is that not playing d?

Steals does not make a good defensive player.

Regardless, this is the best the Rockets have looked in years, if T-Mac can stay healthy, they are a team to be reckoned with, and it's about time !

Reno Paul

EOG Dedicated

Yeah the Kings do need a pretty good center in the post more than AI right now. I do like K-Mart myself. He can light it up when he's on.

dirty

EOG Master

Iverson gets votes every year for the NBA Defensive team....The guy does play defense and is good at it

GKNY

EOG Enthusiast

Iverson gets votes every year for the NBA Defensive team....The guy does play defense and is good at it

He's small so he gets beat up a little of the defensive end, but his quickness and anticipation on the floor gives him a lot of steals and a lot of easy lay ups, but he does gamble a lot too.

Like Michael Jordan and Charles Barkley???? :D

Absolutely no defensive comparison between AI and Jordan. None.

Don't get me wrong, Iverson tries... It's not for lack of effort. He gets his steals but alot of guys can put up points on him.

Steals does not make a good defensive player.

Regardless, this is the best the Rockets have looked in years, if T-Mac can stay healthy, they are a team to be reckoned with, and it's about time !

The post said "players who don't d up all that well". A guy like kyle korver or lebron doesnt d up that well. I've watched iverson for years. He's slightly above average IMO. He'll never be a shutdown defender b/c of his height/weight. But he's alot better than he should be.

The post said "players who don't d up all that well". A guy like kyle korver or lebron doesnt d up that well. I've watched iverson for years. He's slightly above average IMO. He'll never be a shutdown defender b/c of his height/weight. But he's alot better than he should be.

Iverson is not a horrible defender but he's not that good either and Houston is winning games with incredible defense. You bring in a guy that won't keep that standard up and it will affect the team. That's what I was sayin. Scoring a ton of points (IE Iverson's trademark) is not the way to win in the playoffs. Teams like the Suns, Nuggets, and Wizards are not going to ever win a championship or even play in the finals with that style.

Fun to watch, but it doesn't beat excellent defensive teams with good offenses.

GKNY

EOG Enthusiast

Iverson is not a horrible defender but he's not that good either and Houston is winning games with incredible defense. You bring in a guy that won't keep that standard up and it will affect the team. That's what I was sayin. Scoring a ton of points (IE Iverson's trademark) is not the way to win in the playoffs. Teams like the Suns, Nuggets, and Wizards are not going to ever win a championship or even play in the finals with that style.

Fun to watch, but it doesn't beat excellent defensive teams with good offenses.

I disagree, I think if the Rockets added a player of Iverson's caliber to go along with T-Mac and Yao they would be a very dangerous team, I mean honestly how much more D are you going to lose with Iverson at the point over Alston and Spanoulis? None, you will actually improve in that area. And your adding a bonafide all star to your team, did I mention a hall of famer? Who has taken his team single handedly further in the playoffs then either T-Mac or Yao Ming. Yao and Mac when healthy are already one of/if not the best duo in the NBA, how much better will they get with Iverson as well in the mix? It's absurd to think this wouldn't improve the Rockets, no double and triple teaming T-Mac, because you have to worry about Iverson ! Can you doube Yao anymore? With T-Mac and Iverson on the wings, forget about it. Those three together would be a absoulte nightmare on the offensive end, no one would be able to stop them.

Also your comments about the Suns being an uptempo team and will never win a championship, couldn't disagree more with that statement, they have proven they can win in the playoffs with this style and they have made it to the WCF finals the last two seasons, and with a healthy Stoudamire this season, they are even better then last season, Nash is the MVP and the master of the uptempo game, they are more then capable of beating a team like the Spurs or Mavs, and they have come close in the past two years. The Suns IMO will be in the Finals this season.

Let's not even compare the Wizards or Nuggets to the Suns, because they don't play a lick of transition defense and they don't have a point guard like Nash who can run this type of system. Arenas is a great guard, but he is a shoot first type player.

Regardless, there is no way the Rockets could net Iverson anyways, they just don't have anything of value to offer up in return. Maybe he can go there when he becomes a FA in three years. :D

dirty

EOG Master

By Jakes Reasoning the Lakers or Celtics of the 80's never would have won a Champ....They were up tempo teams who Thrived....

By Jakes Reasoning the Lakers or Celtics of the 80's never would have won a Champ....They were up tempo teams who Thrived....

Times have changed bud. People know how to defend those types of teams now in the playoffs. Look at the last three years... the Suns always beat up on teams that play weak or average defense and then lose to a good defensive team.

It happens year after year... I have no idea why people keep thinking it will change. I heard it last year and the year before as well.

GKNY

EOG Enthusiast

Times have changed bud. People know how to defend those types of teams now in the playoffs. Look at the last three years... the Suns always beat up on teams that play weak or average defense and then lose to a good defensive team.

It happens year after year... I have no idea why people keep thinking it will change. I heard it last year and the year before as well.

Two years ago in the Western finals, the Spurs beat the Suns at their own game ! The Spurs and Mavs are more then capable of playing the uptempo style and being very successful with it, you don't always see low scoring games with these two teams, ocassionaly they'll play your style and pop 130 on you.

DrunkHorseplayer

EOG Addicted

As soon as AI loses that quickness, and I believe he's in his 30's now, he'll be almost worthless. Don't know why anyone would take him.

dirty

EOG Master

This is why

<TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=2 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=bg0 align=left><TD class=bg0 colSpan=6>Key Stats</TD></TR><TR class=bg4 align=middle><TD>GP</TD><TD>MIN/G</TD><TD>PPG</TD><TD>REB/G</TD><TD>AST/G</TD><TD>FG %</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=middle>15</TD><TD align=middle>42.7</TD><TD align=middle>31.2</TD><TD align=middle>2.7</TD><TD align=middle>7.3</TD><TD align=middle>41.3</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=2 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=bg0 align=left><TD class=bg0 colSpan=3>AWARDS</TD></TR><TR class=bg4 align=middle><TD>Year</TD><TD>Award</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=left>1996-97</TD><TD align=left>NBA Rookie of the Year</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=left>1998-99</TD><TD align=left>NBA Scoring Champion</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=left>2000-01</TD><TD align=left>NBA MVP;NBA All-Star Game MVP;NBA Scoring Champion</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=left>2001-02</TD><TD align=left>NBA Scoring Champion</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=left>2004-05</TD><TD align=left>NBA All-Star Game MVP;NBA Scoring Champion</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Statistics<TABLE class=wikitable><TBODY><TR><TH>SEASON</TH><TH>TEAM</TH><TH>GP</TH><TH>MPG</TH><TH>SPG</TH><TH>BPG</TH><TH>RPG</TH><TH>APG</TH><TH>PPG</TH><TH>Hi</TH><TH>40+</TH><TH>50+</TH><TH>TD</TH><TH>PER</TH><TH>MVP</TH></TR><TR><TD>'96-97</TD><TD>Philadelphia</TD><TD>74</TD><TD>40.1</TD><TD>2.07</TD><TD>0.32</TD><TD>4.1</TD><TD>7.5</TD><TD>23.5</TD><TD>50</TD><TD>5</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>18.0</TD><TD>17th</TD></TR><TR><TD>'97-98</TD><TD>Philadelphia</TD><TD>80</TD><TD>39.4</TD><TD>2.20</TD><TD>0.31</TD><TD>3.7</TD><TD>6.2</TD><TD>22.0</TD><TD>43</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>20.4</TD><TD>N/A</TD></TR><TR><TD>'98-99</TD><TD>Philadelphia</TD><TD>48</TD><TD>41.5</TD><TD>2.29</TD><TD>0.15</TD><TD>4.9</TD><TD>4.6</TD><TD>26.8</TD><TD>46</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>22.2</TD><TD>4th</TD></TR><TR><TD>'99-00</TD><TD>Philadelphia</TD><TD>70</TD><TD>40.8</TD><TD>2.06</TD><TD>0.07</TD><TD>3.8</TD><TD>4.7</TD><TD>28.4</TD><TD>50</TD><TD>8</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>20.0</TD><TD>7th</TD></TR><TR><TD>'00-01</TD><TD>Philadelphia</TD><TD>71</TD><TD>42.0</TD><TD>2.51</TD><TD>0.28</TD><TD>3.8</TD><TD>4.6</TD><TD>31.1</TD><TD>54</TD><TD>17</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>23.9</TD><TD>1st</TD></TR><TR><TD>'01-02</TD><TD>Philadelphia</TD><TD>60</TD><TD>43.7</TD><TD>2.80</TD><TD>0.22</TD><TD>4.5</TD><TD>5.5</TD><TD>31.4</TD><TD>58</TD><TD>9</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>21.9</TD><TD>9th</TD></TR><TR><TD>'02-03</TD><TD>Philadelphia</TD><TD>82</TD><TD>42.5</TD><TD>2.74</TD><TD>0.16</TD><TD>4.2</TD><TD>5.5</TD><TD>27.6</TD><TD>42</TD><TD>5</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>21.2</TD><TD>6th</TD></TR><TR><TD>'03-04</TD><TD>Philadelphia</TD><TD>48</TD><TD>42.5</TD><TD>2.40</TD><TD>0.10</TD><TD>3.7</TD><TD>6.8</TD><TD>26.4</TD><TD>50</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>19.3</TD><TD>N/A</TD></TR><TR><TD>'04-05</TD><TD>Philadelphia</TD><TD>75</TD><TD>42.3</TD><TD>2.40</TD><TD>0.12</TD><TD>4.0</TD><TD>7.9</TD><TD>30.7</TD><TD>60</TD><TD>9</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>23.2</TD><TD>5th</TD></TR><TR><TD>'05-06</TD><TD>Philadelphia</TD><TD>72</TD><TD>43.1</TD><TD>1.94</TD><TD>0.14</TD><TD>3.2</TD><TD>7.4</TD><TD>33.0</TD><TD>53</TD><TD>15</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>25.9</TD><TD>10th</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
TD = Triple-doubles
MVP = MVP voting

Allen Iverson - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

dirty

EOG Master

Appearances on Leader Boards, Awards, and Honors

All-Star selections are listed Year-Lg.
Awards and honors are listed Year-Lg-Award/Honor.
Statistics are listed Year-Lg-Value-Rank.
Glossary
<TABLE class=small cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="92%" border=1><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top align=middle>All-Star
2000-NBA
2001-NBA
2002-NBA
2003-NBA
2004-NBA
2005-NBA
2006-NBA
</TD><TD vAlign=top align=middle>Awards
1997-NBA-ROY
2001-NBA-AS MVP
2001-NBA-MVP
2001-NBA-TSN MVP
2005-NBA-AS MVP
</TD><TD vAlign=top align=middle>Honors
1997-NBA-All-Rookie (1st)
1999-NBA-All-NBA (1st)
2000-NBA-All-NBA (2nd)
2001-NBA-All-NBA (1st)
2002-NBA-All-NBA (2nd)
2003-NBA-All-NBA (2nd)
2005-NBA-All-NBA (1st)
2006-NBA-All-NBA (3rd)
</TD><TD vAlign=top align=middle>Games
2003-NBA-82-2
</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=middle>Minutes Played
1998-NBA-3150-10
1999-NBA-1990-6
2003-NBA-3485-1
2005-NBA-3174-6
</TD><TD vAlign=top align=middle>Field Goals
1998-NBA-649-8
1999-NBA-435-2
2000-NBA-729-8
2001-NBA-762-6
2002-NBA-665-8
2003-NBA-804-3
2005-NBA-771-2
2006-NBA-815-3
NBA-6690-61
Career-6690-65
</TD><TD vAlign=top align=middle>Field Goal Attempts
1997-NBA-1504-5
1998-NBA-1407-5
1999-NBA-1056-1
2000-NBA-1733-1
2001-NBA-1813-2
2002-NBA-1669-2
2003-NBA-1940-1
2005-NBA-1818-1
2006-NBA-1822-3
NBA-15887-31
Career-15887-35
</TD><TD vAlign=top align=middle>Free Throws
1998-NBA-390-10
1999-NBA-356-3
2000-NBA-442-7
2001-NBA-585-2
2002-NBA-475-6
2003-NBA-570-4
2005-NBA-656-1
2006-NBA-675-2
NBA-4870-27
Career-4870-32
</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=middle>Free Throw Attempts
1997-NBA-544-10
1998-NBA-535-8
1999-NBA-474-3
2000-NBA-620-5
2001-NBA-719-4
2002-NBA-585-6
2003-NBA-736-2
2005-NBA-786-2
2006-NBA-829-1
NBA-6283-24
Career-6283-29
</TD><TD vAlign=top align=middle>3-Pt Field Goals
NBA-865-52
Career-865-52
</TD><TD vAlign=top align=middle>3-Pt Field Goal Attempts
1997-NBA-455-9
NBA-2787-35
Career-2787-35
</TD><TD vAlign=top align=middle>Assists
2005-NBA-596-3
2006-NBA-532-9
NBA-4174-72
Career-4174-76
</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=middle>Assists Per Game
2005-NBA-7.9-5
2006-NBA-7.4-8
NBA-6.1-46
Career-6.1-47
</TD><TD vAlign=top align=middle>Steals
1997-NBA-157-10
1998-NBA-176-5
1999-NBA-110-6
2000-NBA-144-6
2001-NBA-178-2
2002-NBA-168-3
2003-NBA-225-1
2005-NBA-180-1
2006-NBA-140-9
NBA-1593-22
Career-1593-24
</TD><TD vAlign=top align=middle>Steals Per Game
1997-NBA-2.1-7
1998-NBA-2.2-5
1999-NBA-2.3-3
2000-NBA-2.1-4
2001-NBA-2.5-1
2002-NBA-2.8-1
2003-NBA-2.7-1
2005-NBA-2.4-2
2006-NBA-1.9-7
NBA-2.3-5
Career-2.3-6
</TD><TD vAlign=top align=middle>Turnovers
1997-NBA-337-1
1999-NBA-167-3
2003-NBA-286-6
2005-NBA-344-1
2006-NBA-248-10
NBA-2539-32
Career-2539-37
</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=middle>Points
1997-NBA-1787-8
1998-NBA-1758-7
1999-NBA-1284-2
2000-NBA-1989-4
2001-NBA-2207-2
2002-NBA-1883-5
2003-NBA-2262-3
2005-NBA-2302-1
2006-NBA-2377-3
NBA-19115-38
Career-19115-42
</TD><TD vAlign=top align=middle>Points Per Game
1997-NBA-23.5-6
1998-NBA-22.0-8
1999-NBA-26.8-1
2000-NBA-28.4-2
2001-NBA-31.1-1
2002-NBA-31.4-1
2003-NBA-27.6-3
2005-NBA-30.7-1
2006-NBA-33.0-2
NBA-28.0-3
Career-28.0-3
</TD><TD vAlign=top align=middle>Usage Rate
1997-NBA-28.2-5
1999-NBA-30.3-1
2000-NBA-33.0-1
2001-NBA-33.5-1
2002-NBA-35.4-1
2003-NBA-30.9-3
2004-NBA-32.9-1
2005-NBA-32.7-1
2006-NBA-32.9-2
NBA-31.5-5
Career-31.5-4
</TD><TD vAlign=top align=middle>Player Efficiency Rating
2001-NBA-23.9-7
2005-NBA-23.2-9
2006-NBA-25.9-7
NBA-21.7-31
Career-21.7-30
</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=middle>Player Wins
1999-NBA-7.0-10
2001-NBA-11.3-10
NBA-75.5-77
Career-75.5-80
</TD><TD vAlign=top align=middle>Player Losses
1997-NBA-11.2-3
2003-NBA-8.9-6
2005-NBA-8.3-4
2006-NBA-7.7-10
NBA-72.6-20
Career-72.6-20
</TD><TD vAlign=top align=middle>Win Shares
2001-NBA-36-7
NBA-217-81
Career-217-83
</TD><TD> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
Hall of Fame Probability: .995 (30)
Overall rank among players with a minimum of 400 NBA games played is listed in parentheses.

Allen Iverson Statistics - Basketball-Reference.com